Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,326 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:52 PM

Dear Femi Adesina, Learn From Yesterday’s Spokesmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Femi Adesina, Learn From Yesterday’s Spokesmen (461 Views)

Dear Femi: The Facts Speak For Themselves. You Do Not Have To Speak For Them / Dear Femi Adesina, Tell PMB We Are Still With Him / Femi Adesina: My Daughter Almost Cried When She Read About Me On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Femi Adesina, Learn From Yesterday’s Spokesmen by shehuolayinka(m): 2:21pm On May 16, 2020
By, Fredrick Nwabufo

Femi Adesina, presidential spokesman, features in the pantheon of accomplished Nigerian journalists no doubt. In his days of ‘’truth-telling’’ and before the hex of unclean spirits in Aso Rock, Adesina was the man from miyshore – the straight place. He was loved. He cut the persona of a light bearer. But why has the ‘’kulikuli exponent’’ so unravelled?

By the way, it was Reuben Abati, Adesina’s predecessor, who regaled us with the tale of paranormal activities at Aso Rock. Abati in ‘Rituals, blood and death: The spiritual side of Aso Rock’, said: ‘’When presidents make mistakes, they are probably victims of a force higher than what we can imagine. Every student of Aso Villa politics would readily admit that when people get in there, they actually become something else. They act like they are under a spell.’’

So, I am compelled to believe that Adesina may be under a spell — for his uncharacteristic deportment. Really, he takes a nose-dive deeper and deeper into crassitude, insouciance, arrogance and iniquity. I wrote the draft of this article earlier than today but had it pigeonholed. I was conflicted – do I or do I not? Will my opinion be mistaken? Well, I have to blurt it out anyway.

I knew the rulers of darkness and the principalities and powers in high places, like those sketched by Nathan Uzoma, the ‘’ghost buster’’, were at work when Adesina, a devout Christian, implied that giving land to marauding herdsmen was better than getting killed.

Responding to a question on ancestral attachments to land on an AIT programme in July 2018, Adesina said: “Ancestral attachment? You can only have ancestral attachment when you are alive. If you are talking about ancestral attachment, if you are dead, how does the attachment matter?’’

Also, Adesina does not spare his tongue in thrashing the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) at every given turn. In fact, he is always on an ambush waiting for CAN to speak so he could attack. It appears he enjoys the sadomasochism on the Christian association.

He once described CAN as a political party. When the Christian association was protesting over the death of Lawan Andimi, the pastor beheaded by Boko Haram, Adesina intervened with a caustic aspect, censuring the association for expressing indignation over their loss. But this is not to obviate CAN’s occasional alarmist tendency.

Adesina has sunk steeply into the abyss of conceit. He has thrown caution to the wind and allowed himself to be swayed by the vortex of terminal privilege. The Yoruba say: T’á bá rán eni ní isé erú, à fí t’omo je. Translation: ‘’If you are sent on an errand as a slave, deploy the wisdom of a free born in delivering the message.’’

Adesina continues to deal a whammy to those who once admired him – including me. In an interview on Nigeria Info FM on May 6, the presidential spokesman dealt another shocker. He said: “People think because either you elected a president or you didn’t elect him, you must lead your president by the nose. It doesn’t happen. Because you elected a man then you begin to order him around.”

I know Adesina understands the concept of democratic leadership. I know he is well aware that the president is an employee of Nigerians, and as such he is answerable to them and should even be ordered around by them. Yes, I know Adesina knows Nigerians are the boss of his boss, and that he must do as they please. I know he knows this. Perhaps, the extramundane forces of Aso Rock are at work again.

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2020/05/16/dear-femi-adesina-learn-from-yesterdays-spokesmen/

Re: Dear Femi Adesina, Learn From Yesterday’s Spokesmen by madone: 2:48pm On May 16, 2020
he will be delivered one day and will come back to his people thank God he is a young man. I pray he lives long. I will be here on Earth to remind him of this times he has lived.

1 Like

Re: Dear Femi Adesina, Learn From Yesterday’s Spokesmen by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 16, 2020
I pray for him always.
Re: Dear Femi Adesina, Learn From Yesterday’s Spokesmen by Neef2018: 2:53pm On May 16, 2020
will he?
Re: Dear Femi Adesina, Learn From Yesterday’s Spokesmen by LibertyRep: 2:54pm On May 16, 2020
These men know exactly what they are doing.

They must appear to be virulent in attacking the opposing views to their paymasters to remain on the job.

All they care about is to amass as much as they could while it lasts.

I bet that the next spokesperson may even be worse than Abati and Adesina combined.
Re: Dear Femi Adesina, Learn From Yesterday’s Spokesmen by ecolime(m): 2:57pm On May 16, 2020
He won't be there forever. 2023 is here already.
Re: Dear Femi Adesina, Learn From Yesterday’s Spokesmen by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 16, 2020
There's nothing like spell or witchcraft in Aso Rock, it's only natural that a man's true character becomes visible when given power and wealth.

There's no evil or devil greater than man. Tell me one evil committed by the imaginary black costumed devil in your holy books that man has not committed today even in triple terms?

When they are in Aso Rock, they live without their consciences and when they get out of the seat of power, they start blaming witchcraft when they are more winchful than winches. Idiots angry

1 Like

Re: Dear Femi Adesina, Learn From Yesterday’s Spokesmen by Racoon(m): 3:14pm On May 16, 2020
Femi Adeshina have long transmutate from the man that was in the Sun Newspaper back then to someone without a conscience.
Re: Dear Femi Adesina, Learn From Yesterday’s Spokesmen by choice17(m): 3:49pm On May 16, 2020
He will eventually learn, he used to be very intelligent

I find it amusing with how loose he uttered his statement, particularly the Obasanjo's own. I was dumbfounded
Re: Dear Femi Adesina, Learn From Yesterday’s Spokesmen by yusufobinna1(m): 6:42pm On May 16, 2020
That man is just a dunce,I never expected femi adeshina to be like this.ita so sad.buhari won't be in power forever.
Re: Dear Femi Adesina, Learn From Yesterday’s Spokesmen by helinues: 6:44pm On May 16, 2020
Uncle Femi, we dey gbadun your work..

Wailers will definitely wail..

More strength and more peppering to the haters of the government

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Will APC Ever Learn / Criminal Conspiracy Linking “hushpuppi” With PDP Should Be Investigated-APC / Aisha Buhari’s Invisible Hand Behind The Exposure Of Magu’s Corrupt Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.