Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,904 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Did You Know These Things Had Names? 1 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did You Know These Things Had Names? 1 (547 Views)

You are Exposing Yourself To Erectile Dysfunction If You Do These Things / Is It Right For A Mother To Say These Things To Her Son? / Kabiru Ishaq Sa'id Celebrates His 3 Wives, Gives Them Pet Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know These Things Had Names? 1 by ugbedeojo1993(m): 10:25pm On May 16, 2020
1. The space between your eyebrows is
called a glabella.
2. The way it smells after the rain is called
petrichor.
3. The plastic or metallic coating at the
end of your shoelaces is called an aglet.
4. The rumbling of stomach is actually
called a wamble.
5. The cry of a new born baby is called a
vagitus.
6. The prongs on a fork are called tines.
7. The condition of finding it difficult to get out of the bed in the morning is called dysania.
8. Illegible hand-writing is called griffonage.
9. The dot over an “i" or a “j" is called tittle.
10. That utterly sick feeling you get after eating or drinking too much is called
crapulence.
11. The day after tomorrow is called overmorrow.
12. Your tiny toe or finger is called minimus.
13.The wired cage that holds the cork in a bottle of champagne is called an agraffe.
14. The 'na na na' and 'la la la', which don't really have any meaning in the lyrics of any song, are called vocables.
15. When you combine an exclamation mark with a question mark (like this ?!), it is referred to as an interrobang.
16.The armhole in clothes, where the sleeves are. sewn, is called armscye.
HOW MANY OF THE ABOVE DID YOU Already know?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did You Know These Things Had Names? 1 by Betakeshi: 10:28pm On May 16, 2020
grin Seen this before on Nairaland. Before then, knew none!
Re: Did You Know These Things Had Names? 1 by bukatyne(f): 10:33pm On May 16, 2020
Thank you.

Knew 9, heard of 3, 11 and 14.
Re: Did You Know These Things Had Names? 1 by Sankabson(m): 10:33pm On May 16, 2020
Amazing! grin
Re: Did You Know These Things Had Names? 1 by Gentlemanforyou: 10:38pm On May 16, 2020
I'll see seun osewa overmorrow
Re: Did You Know These Things Had Names? 1 by Hathor5(f): 10:40pm On May 16, 2020
I need to save it. smiley
Re: Did You Know These Things Had Names? 1 by Evablizin(f): 10:52pm On May 16, 2020
Wow nice and educating post.
Me after reading this post......

Re: Did You Know These Things Had Names? 1 by Oluromantic: 12:03am On May 17, 2020
@10. After a crapulence comes flatulence..

But the pressure or force with which flatulence comes out is called what?
Re: Did You Know These Things Had Names? 1 by longetivity(m): 6:14am On May 17, 2020
i have seen this before on nairaland with pictures sef
Re: Did You Know These Things Had Names? 1 by Femzaremz(m): 8:25am On May 17, 2020
Bro that number11 is next tomorrow nothing like overmorrow
Re: Did You Know These Things Had Names? 1 by austine4real(m): 9:00am On May 17, 2020
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

OMG! Pregnant Man Shares Unbelievable Photos Of Himself And Pregnancy.photos / Free 100 Naira Airtime / Ortom Reunites Channels Tv's Angbo With Battered Wife (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.