Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:21 AM

Why Do Many Christians See Drinking As Sin When It Is In The Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many Christians See Drinking As Sin When It Is In The Bible? (961 Views)

Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? / Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives / Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Many Christians See Drinking As Sin When It Is In The Bible? by Emusan(m): 8:31pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Actually, the book of Deuteronomy is one of the book of the laws, so, yes the details as regards tithing is spread across the 4 books(Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Numbers), but not repeated. All that information comes together to form the whole -- the law on tithing.

So here is a task for you, find me evidence in the books of the law, or the entire bible that Contradicts what God says here in Deuteronomy 14(since you seem to think God contradicts Himself).

Now you're getting it, since you know it spreads across the four books now go back and read it slowly this time, so that you can see that God didn't contradict Himself nor Deu 14 is what Christianity applied.
Re: Why Do Many Christians See Drinking As Sin When It Is In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On May 17, 2020
Emusan:

Now you're getting it, since you know it spreads across the four books now go back and read it slowly this time, so that you can see that God didn't contradict Himself nor Deu 14 is what Christianity applied.
I am getting it? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15 “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16 I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17 But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18 you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

You decide how long you choose to continue living with blind-folds on.
Re: Why Do Many Christians See Drinking As Sin When It Is In The Bible? by feedthenation(m): 10:06pm On May 17, 2020
Wine drinking not excessively is not sin.
Re: Why Do Many Christians See Drinking As Sin When It Is In The Bible? by SirNiko(m): 10:19pm On May 17, 2020
Maximus69:

Instead of all these counter post, just quote where God said "alcoholic beverages is evil" that's all!

Jesus surely drank alcoholic beverages, John doesn't eat delicacies nor drink alcoholic beverages like normal people that's why they said he had a demon! Matthew 3:4

Jesus eat whatever delicacies and alcohol beverages they set before him
that's why they accused him as a glutton and drunkard! Luke 7:31-35 smiley

Many people especially in Nigeria are very ignorant. I would have mentioned in my post how Jesus drank good alcohol but I didn't want to sound direct. You have said it very well but many church goers that condemn drinking are obviously blind to the truth.
When Jesus turned water into wine, they fail to read that part of the bible properly with understanding. As regards the old testament, first of all, anything wine was alcohol and many kings drank so much of wine. At the event Jesus turned water into wine, one who reads with understanding will find out that Jesus even gave them the best of wines unlike the one they already took which meant even a wine that was more alcoholic than the one they had already consumed.
Its was a party and they had all drank. They finished the alcohol available and Jesus had to provide more for them. Just same way He provided food out of a basket of fish and bread for thousands, he also provided alcohol for many at the event.

Now tell me, this is even in the new testament but many preachers still condemn it. I am so confused with the Christianity discrimination of this days.
Re: Why Do Many Christians See Drinking As Sin When It Is In The Bible? by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 17, 2020
SirNiko:

Many people especially in Nigeria are very ignorant. I would have mentioned in my post how Jesus drank good alcohol but I didn't want to sound direct. You have said it very well but many church goers that condemn drinking are obviously blind to the truth.
When Jesus turned water into wine, they fail to read that part of the bible properly with understanding. As regards the old testament, first of all, anything wine was alcohol and many kings drank so much of wine. At the event Jesus turned water into wine, one who reads with understanding will find out that Jesus even gave them the best of wines unlike the one they already took which meant even a wine that was more alcoholic than the one they had already consumed.
Its was a party and they had all drank. They finished the alcohol available and Jesus had to provide more for them. Just same way He provided food out of a basket of fish and bread for thousands, he also provided alcohol for many at the event.

Now tell me, this is even in the new testament but many preachers still condemn it. I am so confused with the Christianity discrimination of this days.

They belief whatever those credulous men called Pastors infuse in their brains!

Jesus enjoyed life at its best (in the flesh) he ate the best meals, drank the best wine, wear the best clothes, enjoyed the best of friends with the exception of just one thing "SEX" because it belongs to only married people and Jesus never got married!

Satan wanted people to feel that God's way of life is boring and meaningless that's why he is promoting the paranoid thinking religionists are carrying in their brains today!

So if you don't listen to the true Christians, you will think Christianity is a total lifeless movement.

Granted we live by principles but all the rules in Christianity are for the best life there is!

There is just one single Christian group on this planet, identifying this group is the most difficult aspect, once you're able to grasp the fact from them you'll find it really hard to walk away from all the goodies that awaits whoever embrace true Christianity! smiley
Re: Why Do Many Christians See Drinking As Sin When It Is In The Bible? by Nephilim: 8:26am On May 18, 2020
Even Paul admonishes Timothy to drink a little wine for the sake of his constant infirmities.Too much is what is not acceptable.

In this Corona virus period, we are asked to use alcohol based handwash, because of the effects it will have on any germs.

Therefore Paul can't be telling Timothy to use beverages or fruit wine except he want his sickness to kill him finally.
Re: Why Do Many Christians See Drinking As Sin When It Is In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On May 18, 2020
Nephilim:
Even Paul admonishes Timothy to drink a little wine for the sake of his constant infirmities.Too much is what is not acceptable.
In this Corona virus period, we are asked to use alcohol based handwash, because of the effects it will have on any germs.
Therefore Paul can't be telling Timothy to use beverages or fruit wine except he want his sickness to kill him finally.

Who decides what is too much? I think you should all stop trying to tell others how much to drink of what the Lord allows of them. Let God himself be the one to decide whether too much has been imbibed or not, for each person.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If They Can Do This With Vaccine. / Fr. Mbaka Defies Bishop Onaga’s Order, Cries Out Over DSS Invitation / Jesus Saved Me , He Can Save You Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.