Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) (85522 Views)

Nigerian Man Travelling To Saudi Arabia On Bicycle (Photos) / Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) / Passengers From Owerri To Onitsha Involved In Accident, 5 Dead (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by apexc8975: 10:23pm On May 17, 2020
Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by frank417: 10:24pm On May 17, 2020
I dey miss owerri oo

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by humilitypays(m): 10:26pm On May 17, 2020
Spiff20:
And they said Rochas did nothing
it has nothing to do with Rochas. I bought my first land along Portharcourt expressway Owerri before Rochas became Governor. Every Igbo man love building in Owerri right from time immemorial.

The developments you see have no government input, in fact most estates or areas in owerri lack good road which is the job of government. It is individuals doing the development not government at all. The house I am building there, government have not contributed a dime, in fact our estate road and the access road we the landlords created it by ourselves.

Igbos don't wait for government because Nigerian government have failed the Igbos since 1966, so we don't even believe there is government in Nigeria

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by osmobil5(m): 10:26pm On May 17, 2020
Maadoo:
I love cities that pay attention to greenery.

Dede...ala Owerri Wu piam.
Ihe di mma riem ego...enweghim case at all.
Ala Owerri Wu Ala umuoma butere Ike....

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by Emmanuelhector(m): 10:30pm On May 17, 2020
Kidakudz5:
very inferior set of people.. no african tribe is as inferior as igbos.. angry angry .. Bunch of low self esteem modafuckers angryangry..
What annoys me most is how they always involve SW in their nonsense
.. Dirty afonja... keep hating on Igbos.. We are now far ahead of you guys.. and it makes me proud.. Lazy tribe

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by humilitypays(m): 10:32pm On May 17, 2020
osmobil5:

Dede...ala Owerri Wu piam.
Ihe di mma riem ego...enweghim case at all.
Ala Owerri Wu Ala umuoma butere Ike....
hahahaha grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by Goalnaldo(m): 10:32pm On May 17, 2020
shocked Owerri is very fine oo. Would love to visit that Bon hotel when I conquer poverty.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:33pm On May 17, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by Xcex: 10:35pm On May 17, 2020
Wow, wow wow, went through this thread twice, Dede Sam mbakwe did a marvelous job in maping of owerri and aba, you can't get that any where.
Firstly we are humans before tribe, ethnicity, religion and others. We must all learn how to tolerate one another, force our leaders to do more cos we have the resources........ but the Igbo man has come a long way to be subdued by chalartans who wants to malign them and make them look backward like most of them are....
IGBOS will do more, they will do exploits, they can do better. If Nigeria thinks they can hold Igbo's down, to their own peril cos who God has blessed no man can cause.(onye ji anyi ji onwe ya)
Igbo bu Igbo ekele mooooooooo!!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by Problemkid1: 10:38pm On May 17, 2020
Beautiful city indeed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by Problemkid1: 10:39pm On May 17, 2020
Maadoo:

I’m listening to Nnamdi Kanu
Lol alright

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by grandstar(m): 10:40pm On May 17, 2020
Noel19:

Shut ya mouth there! So we should help you guys to change your brown roof for una abi?

It's your house and your duty not ours.

You say girl ugly die and she no get sense and yet you wan marry her. Na so your case be.

If you dey condemn brown roof, no live inside am. Yeye dey smell.
Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by apexc6833: 10:45pm On May 17, 2020
[color=#] 4756098[/color]
Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by Noel19: 10:46pm On May 17, 2020
humilitypays:
it has nothing to do with Rochas. I bought my first land along Portharcourt expressway Owerri before Rochas became Governor. Every Igbo man love building in Owerri right from time immemorial.

The developments you see have no government input, in fact most estates or areas in owerri lack good road which is the job of government. It is individuals doing the development not government at all. The house I am building there, government have not contributed a dime, in fact our estate road and the access road we the landlords created it by ourselves.

Igbos don't wait for government because Nigerian government have failed the Igbos since 1966, so we don't even believe there is government in Nigeria
May God bless you for painting a true picture of the developments in Igbo land.

75% of the infrastructures there are by individuals. There's something about the mentality of an average Igbo man that other tribe should emulate.

The Igbos are industrious and hardworking. Look at what they've achieved for themselves with little or no federal govt intervention, that's the kind of mentality I'm talking about.

Before now, people use to think the south east is one area filled with bushes and forests but with a glimpse of pictures of Owerri they will now change their thought process.

Truth is, No matter how you try, you can't keep an Igbo man down.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by ursullalinda(f): 10:47pm On May 17, 2020
Maadoo:
This picture is for none igbos especailly ignorant untravelled Afon, who assumes that igbos show pictures of only rich areas and not where the ordinary man lives.

Now, look through the picture, what do you see? A forest right? Yes! That’s what it is. Those are the ordinary citizens. They buy land, build their taste, and before you know it, the whole place organically forms a collection of beautiful looking residential buildings. This is not a GRA, it’s just different individuals Who bought the land years back, probably when it was cheaper and now ready to build their homes.

Some of these areas don’t even have good roads,but trust that the neighbor and buildings are dope. It is after a long time government remembers them, to build their road and drainage. In some places, the landlord contribute to build their roads...

This is why igbos are called developers. Changing the landscape of every where they find themselves, with real estate development.

If you come back here in 5yrs time to snap pictures, when most of this place would have been developed, you will think it’s an estate or Gra, naaaa! It isn’t. It’s just a hood.

You are so on point.......our guys are too much......we are blessed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by nams77: 10:49pm On May 17, 2020
Maadoo:
Make your money anywhere but fly down to owerri at weekend. I know some nice nwkobi joints
U just hit d nail on the head

D day my colleagues came down for my dad's burial and,saw owerri and my village also, they cursed their town grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:52pm On May 17, 2020
Sagay212:
Lol..the topic is about bicycle riding and the ipod miscreant changed it to a comparison thread showing us pictures of houses. Why not show us pictures of houses in imo state while driving to or from your airport...
If you haven't been to the SE and you see the way these people brag, you will think their region is Dubai until you go there and see things for yourself, you go laugh your belle go wan burst. Red sand and poverty almost everywhere. He come dey show us few houses like say fine houses nor dey other people region.

na-eme omume mgbe niile dị ka ewu

Hahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy

His Excellency where you learn Igbo?
Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by Noel19: 10:55pm On May 17, 2020
grandstar:

You say girl ugly die and she no get sense and yet you wan marry her. Na so your case be.

If you dey condemn brown roof, no live inside am. Yeye dey smell.
No be una start am! When una dey yarn say we dey clamour for Biafra, say una wan see how we go carry our houses and businesses for Lagos go south east nkor?

Now you kom dey tell am say since Igbos dey ibadan it's their job to come roof una brown roof.

Even if we do am na una go still carry una wahala come all in d name of Omo-onilę to collect "Owo mi da".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:58pm On May 17, 2020
Jgoldie:
Eyin omoluabi omode lon se won grin
hahaha...beeni oori oo jare. bo ti lewu ki o'ri Omo Yoruba atata ni mo'je.
Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by luluman: 10:58pm On May 17, 2020
dokiOloye:
Owerri,fine city.
No brown roof
Yet they depend on brown roof region for survival, something is definitely wrong with that town.
Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by goaldynboy: 11:05pm On May 17, 2020
Maadoo:
Landmark is one of the biggest real estate developers in Lagos island. They have already started their development i n Eko Atlantic city.

Landmark beach is the finest beach in VI/Ikoyi in lagos island, yet see what our brother came to donate to us at home to show his contribution to development of Ala Igbo

Landmark event center Owerri, beside Protea hotel, a multi national brand

Paul Onwuanibe, The owner of Landmark Group is a silent Billionaire!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by stainmicheal: 11:05pm On May 17, 2020
MORE BEAUTIFUL PLACES LIKE CRYSTAL LAKE RESORT UGUTA..

HOME OF HOSPITALITY WITH SO MANY AMAZING VIEWS

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by apexc4194: 11:08pm On May 17, 2020
[color=#] 4227473[/color]
Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by grandstar(m): 11:08pm On May 17, 2020
Noel19:

No be una start am! When una dey yarn say we dey clamour for Biafra, say una wan see how we go carry our houses and businesses for Lagos go south east nkor?

Now you kom dey tell am say since Igbos dey ibadan it's their job to come roof una brown roof.

Even if we do am na una go still carry una wahala come all in d name of Omo-onilę to collect "Owo mi da".

You are the one who started it by writing "no brown roofs". Who send you? Who ask you?

Everyone was enjoying this thread until you now used your own hand to ruin it.

We never said, "come and roof our houses". What I said is "don't condemn something and still use it".

It is like a big girl condemning Toyota Hala all the time and laughing at those using the car. Yet, that is what she is driving now. People no go laugh am?

You dey make fun of Yoruba dem. Comot from their brown roof!

I love Igbo people. My step mum is Igbo so I have Igbo half siblings. I love all tribes.

It is wrong to say statements like that. Not everyone is a bigot and you paint yourself as one.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by chelseamann(m): 11:09pm On May 17, 2020
After I make my billions...I'm relocating to Owerri to stay close to home.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by 8stargeneral: 11:11pm On May 17, 2020
Pleasant01:

afonja doesn't own any state so we don't know what you are talking about..
Hw u go know?
Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:16pm On May 17, 2020
Gazzy88:
Can you do without Afon? The answer is NO. Nobody cares what happens in your region, you started with nice pictures of bicyclists having fun only to turn it into a tribal feud. The question is, who ask you to post pictures of owerri here, on an Afon forum? Why do you love unnecessary attention form the rest of country? Inferiority complex kee you there shocked

You're pained cox you did not see brown roof?

Post pixtures of ado ekiti/ibadan/akure/oshogbo....if you can't , then please check the next door.

@ d OP...

Nwanne keep it up...

IGBO AMAKA

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by WitchInSiege: 11:16pm On May 17, 2020

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:22pm On May 17, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
i asked you if you were from Lagos you said yes ...now you edited you comment.... why must all you Afonjas claim Lagos which is a no mans land ....while all this while you are from the skull mining shit hole ogun state....what is making you not proud of your other states?? Have you ever see an onitsha man claim he is from owerri? Or a kaduna man claim he is from Kano? Or an akwa I bom man claim he is from bayelsa?

hahahahahaha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by elmodee7(m): 11:22pm On May 17, 2020
Maadoo:
This picture is for none igbos especailly ignorant untravelled Afon, who assumes that igbos show pictures of only rich areas and not where the ordinary man lives.

Now, zoom and look through the picture below, what do you see? A forest right? Yes! That’s what it is. Those are the ordinary citizens. They buy land, build their taste, and before you know it, the whole place organically forms a collection of beautiful looking residential buildings. This is not a GRA, it’s just different individuals Who bought the land years back, probably when it was cheaper and now ready to build their homes.

Some of these areas don’t even have good roads,but trust that the neighborhood and buildings are dope. It is after a long time government remembers them, to build their road and drainage. In some places, the landlord contribute to build their roads...

This is why igbos are called developers. Changing the landscape of every where they find themselves, with real estate development.

If you come back here in 5yrs time to snap pictures, when most of this place would have been developed, you will think it’s an estate or Gra, naaaa! It isn’t. It’s just a hood.

U r talking from a flatinolistic point of view.
Re: Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) by Noel19: 11:25pm On May 17, 2020
grandstar:

You are the one who started it by writing "no brown roofs". Who send you? Who ask you?

Everyone was enjoying this thread until you now used your own hand to ruin it.

We never said, "come and roof our houses". What I said is "don't condemn something andstill use it".

It is like a big girl condemning Toyota Hala all the time and laughing at those using the car. Yet, that is what she is driving now. People no go laugh am?

You dey make fun of Yoruba dem. Comot from their brown roof!

I love Igbo people. My step mum is Igbo so I have Igbo half siblings. I love all tribes.

It is wrong to say statements like that. Not everyone is a bigot and you paint yourself as one.
Guy calm down! Ethnic bigot? Count me out......i was born and bred in Lagos, and all my siblings. All my education, from primary to tertiary na here I do all. 75% of my friends are Omo-oluabis, and I have family members that their wife's are Yorubas.

But my anger is when some of you guys that haven't travelled to the eastern States come online to spew trash about a region you know nothing about.

Like I said, count me out of tribalism and so it is with most Igbos. An average Igbo man is only interested in his business and how to make money to better the lots of his family members and his community. In Igbo land if you're wealthy and your wealth doesn't affect the community no body will regard you. It's a competition in Igbo land to make money and impact your immediate environment.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures Of Abeokuta, Ogun State That Will Make You Love The City / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria / The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.