Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,661 members, 7,823,876 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) (53174 Views)

Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) / Where In Lagos Can I Get EWA Agonyin,from The AGONYIN People???? / Simple Steps To Prepare Homemade Zobo Wine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by crazycrypto710: 6:32pm On May 17, 2020
Times are hard grin
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by onlyonechid84(m): 6:33pm On May 17, 2020
......umu ekwensu [/quote]�����
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by 2gbasky22(m): 6:34pm On May 17, 2020
Mehn....
This is more like
Mashed Beans and pepper �
Na wah oh
Yoruba people and pepper ehn..
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by KingZaddy(m): 6:34pm On May 17, 2020
izzou:
You have done well cool
Sincerely, I must confess, you're a good cook.
If you consider hawking/selling Ewa agoyin, you'll make it, my sister grin
See as beans sexy.....Chai grin
sexy beans. Lol
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Benwallt(m): 6:36pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. Some people have very large appetites na.

You told me you are engaged to be married. I haven’t forgotten. cheesy

That is kenkey. A Ghanian delicacy. You have a problem with it?

Please keep me posted.
Never heard of it. How do you eat that?. Is it sweet?
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 6:36pm On May 17, 2020
Eulalia:
You really tried girly. This your method is straight forward and simple compared to the one we were taught in catering school.

In our recipe we have the following

The seed of dried pepper ( Ata gbigbe) like the one you used but not with the flesh. Only the seeds.
Ginger
Crayfish
Plenty oil

Then the onions is soaked in water for some mins prior to frying to remove the sulfur that makes it burn fast in oil as its going to be fried for long. Pepper seeds and ginger is not blended very smooth.

We were also taught the best beans for this is olotu.

Nice yummy pics.

I think as long as you fry well and it is not fresh pepper, you will most likely get the taste, colour and aroma. It would get better and you might find what works for you, but it’ll still be nice.

I like black eyed beans for some weird reason and I also do not like seeing much seeds. This one is my personal problem/preference. cheesy
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by KingZaddy(m): 6:38pm On May 17, 2020
Any lady who prepares this togo beans for me with fresh rubber bread and fanta as birthday gift will graduate from girlfriend to wife-to-be. grin

god knows, i dont joke with this food
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by KingZaddy(m): 6:39pm On May 17, 2020
Pocohantas you just wet my throat this evening

looks nice, enjoy!
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 6:40pm On May 17, 2020
Benwallt:
Never heard of it. How do you eat that?. Is it sweet?

It is sweet, TO ME!

The solid stuff is fermented corn, made into dough. Then pepper and shito I think. I really can’t describe the taste, but I like it. You will eat it same way you eat any swallow and soup.

I am still looking for where to find very good one in Lagos. Anyone that points me in the right direction would be my crush for life.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by misterjosh(m): 6:46pm On May 17, 2020
Wait, no single tomato goes in the sauce? You want to kill somebody cry cry
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 6:51pm On May 17, 2020
misterjosh:
Wait, no single tomato goes in the sauce? You want to kill somebody cry cry

That particular pepper is not peppery, but if you use only cameroon pepper- mehn! The Lord is your strength.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Benwallt(m): 6:55pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:

It is sweet, TO ME! grin

The solid stuff is fermented corn, made into dough. Then pepper and shito I think. I really can’t describe the taste, but I like it. You will eat it same way you eat any swallow and soup.

I am still looking for where to find very good one in Lagos. Anyone that points me in the right direction would be my crush for life.
crush is not good enough. If you'd said husband for life I would have taken the bait. Eat well, beautiful
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by cococandy(f): 6:58pm On May 17, 2020
Pocohantas. Job well done kiss kiss

If I saw this before I made mine, it would have been better for sure.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Tonymarvin: 7:15pm On May 17, 2020
It shall be well with you ��
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 17, 2020
caprini1:
Some advantages of the lockdown. grin
Nice nice. Madam's lucky smiley
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:

I think as long as you fry well and it is not fresh pepper, you will most likely get the taste, colour and aroma. It would get better and you might find what works for you, but it’ll still be nice.

I like black eyed beans for some weird reason and I also do not like seeing much seeds. This one is my personal problem/preference. cheesy

Oh... I see. smiley. Cool.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 7:25pm On May 17, 2020
cococandy:
Pocohantas. Job well done kiss kiss

If I saw this before I made mine, it would have been better for sure.

Thanks Coco. You will keep tweaking it, till you get what works for you. Nothing spoil at all. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Affamefuna(m): 7:28pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao. I won’t hawk. I will open a shop somewhere on Admiralty or even Ajose Adeogun. grin grin

For the elite. One plate na 1k.
God bless u. The Hawking part really shocked me, just imagine what someone is wishing for another.. Human beings!
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:

I done commot mind for where you dey, before I enter express. grin

With that your food in my belle, you the egungun no fit enter express for where I dey, I dey mad ni?

As a matter of fact, I don already dey inside bus dey go your village to see your kindred people with a keg of palm wine. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by CAUSTIC002: 7:38pm On May 17, 2020
those women wey dey hawk am got the best ewa, home cooked just can't compare .

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by hilfinity(m): 7:46pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Any nicely shaped (small) container can be used for your plating. Just stuff your food, press it with a spoon to fill all edges, then you turn it out.

This is what I used, it came with a cake I ordered in the past.

Thanks babe.

Gonna try it 2mao.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 7:47pm On May 17, 2020
CAUSTIC002:

It is just your head playing games with you. When you start cooking a lot of these meals yourself, you will enjoy it better, save money and control what gets into your system.

J111333:
With that your food in my belle, you the egungun no fit enter express for where I dey, I dey mad ni?

As a matter of fact, I don already dey inside bus dey go your village to see your kindred people with a keg of palm wine. grin

Lol. Hopefully I get a call from them tomorrow. Till then, I am just gonna keep my fingers crossed. cheesy

Affamefuna:

God bless u. The Hawking part really shocked me, just imagine what someone is wishing for another.. Human beings!

Not a problem at all, we understand ourselves.

Thanks for wishing me better sha. kiss

hilfinity:

Thanks babe.

Gonna try it 2mao.

You are welcome. Do keep me posted.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by wildlife9999(m): 7:53pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:
“I don’t eat beans, but I eat ewa agoyin”, a friend once said this to me and I was like “se this one is okay like this?”

The rest you can figure out. grin

how much did you spend on those stuff. give me price list of those ingredients.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 7:55pm On May 17, 2020
wildlife9999:

how much did you spend on those stuff. give me price list of those ingredients.

Pepper - N100. It was really big, I have used it thrice and e still remain.

1 derica of beans - N300 (You definitely can’t finish 1 derica)

Onions, Palm oil, salt, crayfish, cameroon pepper... These are things you typically have in the house. Even if you wanna buy them all, N1000 would be enough and you still have leftover to cook other things.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. Hopefully I get a call from them tomorrow. Till then, I am just gonna keep my fingers crossed. cheesy

grin grin
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 8:05pm On May 17, 2020
J111333:
grin grin

I am not laughing with you. Stop using me to play, I am not getting any younger.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by obi4eze(m): 8:11pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao. I won’t hawk. I will open a shop somewhere on Admiralty or even Ajose Adeogun. grin grin

For the elite. One plate na 1k.

I don't do ewa agoyin but will definitely patronize you if you open a shop on Admiralty.

Well done.
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 17, 2020
pocohantas:

I am not laughing with you. Stop using me to play, I am not getting any younger.
Don't worry, I'm remotely working very hard to make sure you don graduate into midnight newspaper like myself. I dey bring my marriage proposal to your domot soon, somebody dey help me proofread am fess. grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Liposure: 8:35pm On May 17, 2020
I'm hungry
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by xristos(m): 8:48pm On May 17, 2020
CAUSTIC002:

U're right bro...the home mades are trying though...but..but!..hmm

Anyhow homemade beans can go..but getting the real sause taste is the thing.
If u wano know the real taste...visit mushin Lagos from hours of 7am to 9am.

I've not seen anyone else apart from those Togo women with the real taste of the sause.
Am seriously searching.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Topleague(m): 8:58pm On May 17, 2020
good
Re: How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) by Nickshrapnel: 9:02pm On May 17, 2020
EdEdEddy:
Story, story.

Ewa agonyin Agbonyankee Agbonyinbo Evae sexy ewa. Lolol #katakata
You are a real nigga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Bush Animal A Man Caught And Slaughtered This Morning For Breakfast (Pics) / Catfish As First Gift After Moving To My Site / The Pot Of Soup A Man Cooked With N1000 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.