Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,827 members, 7,817,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA (4957 Views)

Sex Party: El-Rufai's Son's House Should Also Be Demolished - Reno Omokri / Oshiomhole Raises Alarm On Plot To Pass No Confidence Vote On Him / 2019: APC Endorses Mannaseh, Passes No Confidence Vote On Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sunshineg5(m): 9:11am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Or we should say Ataoja of Oshogbo is ranked higher than Ooni of ife
Bro the shit is Funny cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by helinues: 9:12am On May 18, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Bruv, stop shooting yourself in the foot

Both are direct sons of Oduduwa

None supercedes the other.

In fact, I urge you not to say anything like this in Ijebu Ode or its environs.

You are the one who should stop shooting yourself in the foot.

Even though we have 36 state governors, why is Fayemi the Chairman of NGF? If all the governor's have the same status, then having a Chairman amongst them shouldn't be right?

Or?
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by AhoadaRivers: 9:12am On May 18, 2020
BlueBanana:
I have noticed a very sad development being carried out by some people here and I wish to bring that to your notice

I wish to bring to the notice of all nairalanders that there are some imposters posing as Igbos with the sole intent of dividing us and the South South.. I have noticed the schemes of some monickers who hide under the cloak of being Igbos to sabotage the buoyant relationship that exists between the South East and the South south. These monickers are relentlessly trying to bring disunity between Igbos and South south states especially Rivers state.

I do not know the reason for this their malevolent acts but I just want us all to be wary of their machinations and not fall victim of their tricks.

These monickers include Crixx, Kìnematics, KINEMATÌCZ, RIVERS1stson, Portharcourt1stsòn etc

Say No To Divide And Rule

South East and South South Are One

Let us call a spade by it's name. The yoruba handles are here with the sole intent to create a wedge between us in the SS and our brothers and counsins in the SE. Because it is the only way yorubas can profit electorally in 2023 since they were declared persona non grata by the rest of the south after 2015 elections.

I have news for you, as we approach 2023, the numbers of these propaganda monikers and handles will increase geometrically, and they will be typing from TheNation newspaper's dirty office, BAT media center, osunbade media center etc.

Unfortunately for them, yoruba modus operandi in the promotion of propaganda is well known to all and sundry. SS and SE don shine their eyes.

Chiedu4trump take note, we are also watching you keenly.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sammy07: 9:12am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

Why can't all of them be the head of the traditional rulers if there are no status?

They are all 1st class king.
And citing Capital in Akure, doesn't mean the governor will be consulting Deji over others.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by OgboAto: 9:13am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

We are talking about Ogun State

I see your point but there's not much peculiarity to Ogun state though. Let us not speak on Yoruba internal matters or have supremacy talks in an Osu infested forum lest we arm them with insights on our affairs & how to insult us/our Obas.

3 Likes

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:14am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

I dunno, so tell me..
Anioma with 9 local government cheesy
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by AhoadaRivers: 9:15am On May 18, 2020
juman:
Kwara State House Should Change it to igwe.
The obi 1 of kwara.

Eze 1 of Ala-Kwara will be more succint. grin
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by ahiboilandgas: 9:16am On May 18, 2020
kolaaderin:
Thinking out loud, Kwara state is always in news over the legitimacy of their region belonging to the southern Yorubas or to the northern Hausas. In reality, only Ilorin the capital city of the State is ruled by the title Emir whereas all other towns and small cities in the state has the Oba installed as the prominent rulers which in all honesty indicates the state is majorly a yoruba speaking state.
Since the state is in democratic dispensation likewise Nigeria, i will suggest the house of Assembly of the state to pass a bill and debate on the change of this Title to OBA and democratically agree on the outcome of their legislative competency. I m not from Ilorin, but I know 90% of Ilorin indigenous people are real Yorubas and could save some face in the future by doing what is right today for the sake of their coming generations.

Just thinking out loud ooo.
Emir is english not hausa ...sarki is hausa .hardo is fulani
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sammy07: 9:16am On May 18, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Anioma with 9 local government cheesy

Does that makes delta state an Igbo state

Knowing very well you can't tell it to Ijaws and urhobos living in the state.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by helinues: 9:16am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

They are all 1st class king.
And citing Capital in Akure, doesn't mean the governor will be consulting Deji over others.

I made my arguments based on Ogun State which I know at least much of.

There will always be political status among the king's.

Any Ogun State governor will first consult either Awujale or Alake before considering Any yewa's king
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sunshineg5(m): 9:16am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

You are the one who should stop shooting yourself in the foot.

Even though we have 36 state governors, why is Fayemi the Chairman of NGF? If all the governor's have the same status, then having a Chairman amongst them shouldn't be right?

Or?
Bruv, shame dey catch me for you

So does that mean Fayemi can tell Makinde what to do in Oyo state with its independent house of Assembly?

or can Fayemi tell Ganduje what to do?
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by helinues: 9:18am On May 18, 2020
OgboAto:

I see your point but there's not much peculiarity to Ogun state though. Let us not speak on Yoruba internal matters or have supremacy talks in an Osu infested forum lest we arm them with insights on our affairs & how to insult us/our Obas.

I understand.. But this same my people have been condeming Easterners clamming some part of SS even though they are yet to live in reality that lands have been lost.

Yes, Yoruba's have the majority in Kwara state but according to Nigeria constitution, Kwara is located in NC..

Except we change the status quo through constitutional means the only option is either rant or going into another senseless war
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by OgboAto: 9:19am On May 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Emir is english not hausa ...sarki is hausa .hardo is fulani

It is Islamic/Arab. The actual word is Amir.

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by ahiboilandgas: 9:20am On May 18, 2020
OgboAto:

It is Islamic/Arab. The actual word is Amir.
Emir na english
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by helinues: 9:21am On May 18, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Bruv, shame dey catch me for you

So does that mean Fayemi can tell Makinde what to do in Oyo state with its independent house of Assembly?

or can Fayemi tell Ganduje what to do?

This your argument is lame..

Being NGF chairman gives one special privilege cos whatever they discussed on the forum, it is Fayemi and it's excos that are going to present it to the presidency...

That alone makes his supersedes other governors.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sammy07: 9:21am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

I understand.. But this same my people have been condeming Easterners clamming some part of SS even though they are yet to live in reality that lands have been lost.

Yes, Yoruba's have the majority in Kwara state but according to Nigeria constitution, Kwara is located in NC..

Except we change the status quo through constitutional means the only option is either rant or going into another senseless war

The point is, It is in NC doesn't mean they ain't Yoruba.

Your friend Ogwashi can attest to the fact that aniomas are Igbos despite being in SS.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by helinues: 9:22am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

The point is, It is in NC doesn't mean they don't Yoruba.

Your friend Ogwashi can attest to the fact that aniomas are Igbos despite being in SS.

Could you pls point out to where I said there are no Yoruba in Ilorin or even saying they are not the majority?

Patiently waiting for that
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:24am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Does that makes delta state an Igbo state

Knowing very well you can't tell it to Ijaws and urhobos living in the state.
How many local government does ijaw have in Delta state? Odoko cheesy
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sammy07: 9:25am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

Could you pls point out to where I said there are no Yoruba in Ilorin or even saying they are not the majority?

Patiently waiting for that

Your initial argument was that we have lost kwara state to Fulanis or whatever, which I corrected you that only ilorin is lost.

Ilorin is not kwara state.
When there are many towns in kwara state.

You're lumping Kwara state as a whole, instead, you should single out ilorin Only.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by helinues: 9:27am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Your initial argument was that we have lost kwara state to Fulanis or whatever, which I corrected you that only ilorin is lost.

You're lumping Kwara state as a whole, instead, you should single out ilorin Only.

Jeez, so you are not even sure of what you have arguing about..

Okokobioko. undecided

Have a wonderful day bro
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:31am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

The point is, It is in NC doesn't mean they ain't Yoruba.

Who doesn't know that Anioma are igbos with 9 local government in Delta state cheesy grin with obi in all our communities
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by AhoadaRivers: 9:32am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

Bro, the buttom line is Yoruba in Ilorin were conquered by Fulani..

The status quo remains except you either change that constitutionally or start another senseless war.

We don't have to be emotional about this Kwara issue.

Kudos, you are finally talking sense.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sammy07: 9:33am On May 18, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Who doesn't know that Anioma are igbos with 9 local government in Delta state cheesy grin with obi in all our communities

Same as Yorubas in kwara state are Yorubas with over 12 local governments and Oba in all of them wink

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:34am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Thank God you accepted the fact
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:36am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Same as Yorubas in kwara state are Yorubas with over 12 local governments and Oba in all of them wink
With emir as chairman traditional rulers in kwara state cheesy grin
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sammy07: 9:41am On May 18, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
With emir as chairman traditional rulers in kwara state cheesy grin

Doesn't mean, we don't carry traditional chairman title on head like gala.
One thing is sure that, be can't control his fellow 1st class king.

Even the Olofa of Offa has been a traditional chairman b4 likewise the one of Nupe.

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:44am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Even the Olofa of Offa has been a traditional chairman b4 likewise the one of Nupe.
Once you're traditional rulers chairman you're first class king among others grin you're like country president cheesy
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sammy07: 9:46am On May 18, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Once you're traditional rulers chairman you're first class king among others grin you're like country president cheesy

Yinmu, you forgot to put in quote "in Igbo land".
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:49am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Yinmu, you forgot to put in quote "in Igbo land".
cheesy
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by iwaeda: 10:12am On May 18, 2020
Sunshineg5:
You are putting yourself in a corner

Is Alake and Awujale not in a single state, Are they not first class kings?

Meanwhile, we also have 19 first class kings in Kwara state.

In Kwara state, we have three Yoruba groups like we have in Ogun

in Ogun, We have Yewa(Egbado), Ijebu and Remo, Egba

In Kwara state we have the the Ekitis, Ibbilo or Ilorins, Igbomina

Ekitis have their own First class kings

Ignomina has their own first class kings with Olofa of ofa being the most powerful

Ibillo or whatever can serve the Emir for five more century if they like.

Hope you understand

Stop rewriting history; Offa is Ibolo. Igbomina cities and towns are Omu-Aran, Oro (Eku Mesan), Esie, Ajase-Ipo, Ijan-Otun, Agbamu, Agbonda, Omido, Arandun, Just to mention a few. We have Isin too, Owu, Ijara, and so on.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by iwaeda: 10:15am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Offa, Omu-Aran, Erin-Ile, Share, Oro, Lafiaji all have 1st class , there are some I cant recollect now.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Goldeno(m): 10:34am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

What did you just write Pls, point out where there are emirs in kwara
I won't
you go do the research yourself
learn to do that before posting rubbish online

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pics: Yoruba Obas Pray & Endorse GEJ ; Massive Crowd Welcomes Him At Ijesaland / The Bitter Truth About The Igbo, By Femi Fani-kayode / Avengers To Nnamdi Kanu: We Will Go With You To Lagos, Nothing Will Happen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.