Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA (4947 Views)

Sex Party: El-Rufai's Son's House Should Also Be Demolished - Reno Omokri / Oshiomhole Raises Alarm On Plot To Pass No Confidence Vote On Him / 2019: APC Endorses Mannaseh, Passes No Confidence Vote On Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by kolaaderin: 8:49pm On May 17, 2020
Thinking out loud, Kwara state is always in news over the legitimacy of their region belonging to the southern Yorubas or to the northern Hausas. In reality, only Ilorin the capital city of the State is ruled by the title Emir whereas all other towns and small cities in the state has the Oba installed as the prominent rulers which in all honesty indicates the state is majorly a yoruba speaking state.
Since the state is in democratic dispensation likewise Nigeria, i will suggest the house of Assembly of the state to pass a bill and debate on the change of this Title to OBA and democratically agree on the outcome of their legislative competency. I m not from Ilorin, but I know 90% of Ilorin indigenous people are real Yorubas and could save some face in the future by doing what is right today for the sake of their coming generations.

Just thinking out loud ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by BlueBanana: 9:01pm On May 17, 2020
I have noticed a very sad development being carried out by some people here and I wish to bring that to your notice

I wish to bring to the notice of all nairalanders that there are some imposters posing as Igbos with the sole intent of dividing us and the South South.. I have noticed the schemes of some monickers who hide under the cloak of being Igbos to sabotage the buoyant relationship that exists between the South East and the South south. These monickers are relentlessly trying to bring disunity between Igbos and South south states especially Rivers state.

I do not know the reason for this their malevolent acts but I just want us all to be wary of their machinations and not fall victim of their tricks.

These monickers include Crixx, Kìnematics, KINEMATÌCZ, RIVERS1stson, Portharcourt1stsòn etc

Say No To Divide And Rule

South East and South South Are One

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sammy07: 9:04pm On May 17, 2020
It will be quite difficult.

Only a governor can do that.

And One of the governors did that but they didn't allowed him to get re elected as governor and he was killed

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Gandollar(f): 9:13pm On May 17, 2020
Kwara people are not complaining. There attachment to Fulani has brought them good fortune in business and politics than mainstream Yoruba could afford them.

11 Likes

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by kolaaderin: 9:20pm On May 17, 2020
Gandollar:
Kwara people are not complaining. There attachment to Fulani has brought them good fortune in business and politics than mainstream Yoruba could afford them.
Are you from Kwara ? if not, please let us hear from them and not from non concerned. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by dyfaze: 9:46pm On May 17, 2020
Gandollar:

Exactly My Lady..Who's complaining, Or How did that affect development of Kwara State as a whole?. Changing Emir to Oba now? Op can only say this on faceless forum. Let him go to Radio Kwara, Buy minutes and express your feeling or go to Emir Place to discuss that.. RIP to OmOladerin.. You know nothing about Ilorin Chieftance...

To crown it all, you're not from Kwara... Imagine..
90% of Kwara pple are Yoruba, says who..
P atigi, lafiagi, Edu, Baruten, share, fufu, they take 10% Abi,
You know nothing about Kwara History.. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Powerintoxicate: 9:51pm On May 17, 2020
dyfaze:

Exactly My Lady..Who's complaining, Or How did that affect development of Kwara State as a whole?. Changing Emir to Oba now? Op can only say this on faceless forum. Let him go to Radio Kwara, Buy minutes and express your feeling or go to Emir Place to discuss that.. RIP to OmOladerin.. You know nothing about Ilorin Chieftance...

pervert. Why the exactly my lady??
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by dyfaze: 9:57pm On May 17, 2020
Powerintoxicate:

Oga, no insult Abeg, let's argue with point ok. LET'S ACT MATURELY because THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR KID

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Gandollar(f): 10:24pm On May 17, 2020
dyfaze:

90% of Kwara pple are Yoruba, says who..
P atigi, lafiagi, Edu, Baruten, share, fufu, they take 10% Abi,
You know nothing about Kwara History.. grin grin
And so you are advising OP to take his message to Radio kwara or emir's palace abii? Op don't mind o.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Gandollar(f): 10:25pm On May 17, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
What's perverted about what he said?

2 Likes

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Turantula(m): 10:58pm On May 17, 2020
Youbas are different from Yoruba-fulani, Kwarans are the later
cc:imhotep

9 Likes

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by MightySparrow: 11:17pm On May 17, 2020
What does it change as long as fulani dynasty still rules? after the coming disintegration of nigeria, things will straighten out naturally.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Iolo(m): 11:59pm On May 17, 2020
Sammy07:

And One of the governors did that but they didn't allowed him to get re elected as governor and he was killed

Can you share the name of this governor? I guess this happened during the military era.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by excanny: 12:57am On May 18, 2020
kolaaderin:
Thinking out loud, Kwara state is always in news over the legitimacy of their region belonging to the southern Yorubas or to the northern Hausas. In reality, only Ilorin the capital city of the State is ruled by the title Emir whereas all other towns and small cities in the state has the Oba installed as the prominent rulers which in all honesty indicates the state is majorly a yoruba speaking state.
Since the state is in democratic dispensation likewise Nigeria, i will suggest the house of Assembly of the state to pass a bill and debate on the change of this Title to OBA and democratically agree on the outcome of their legislative competency. I m not from Ilorin, but I know 90% of Ilorin indigenous people are real Yorubas and could save some face in the future by doing what is right today for the sake of their coming generations.

You don't know anything.

There has been several attempts to install one of the descendants of Afonja as Oba in Ilorin in the past and they've all failed.

The coup plotters were arrested and thrown into jail.

Onilorin of Ilorin can never exist as long as the Fulani exist. Just forget it.

6 Likes

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by adadike(f): 1:23am On May 18, 2020
Please don't try it o. The best governor kwara state ever had was killed because of this. Ilorin people are not ready. Infact they are praise singers and ass lickers of the Emir. Rip Gov Mohammed Lawal. You tried your best but Olusola Saraki just wouldn't let you be

9 Likes

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by AniOmaa: 2:03am On May 18, 2020
Too late for that Ogbeni, no try Fulani ooo! or the Afonja matter will be child's play. Kwara is already a conquered territory... deal with it and move on.

4 Likes

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by MetaPhysical: 2:29am On May 18, 2020
kolaaderin:

Politically, where is the boundary between North and South?

Thats the first battle, and its not a battle for KWARA House of Assembly to fight. Its for National Assembly to redefine a political boundary for North and South.

Redirect this request to NASS....

Kwara remain culturally Yoruba and geographically North pending redrawing of boundary.

As far the deposition of the Emir. There is a court records already that defined his domain. That court ruling should be used by the House of Assembly to effect jurisdiction. No need to create new wheel. A legal record exists that says certain jurisdictions are not in the Emirate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by MetaPhysical: 2:30am On May 18, 2020
adadike:
Please don't try it o. The best governor kwara state ever had was killed because of this. Ilorin people are not ready. Infact they are praise singers and ass lickers of the Emir. Rip Gov Mohammed Lawal. You tried your best but Olusola Saraki just wouldn't let you be

I endorse this message. grin
True word.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Goldeno(m): 4:28am On May 18, 2020
Shut up jaré
what do you know about kwara
there are almost as many emirs in kwara as there are obas

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by samunaka: 4:37am On May 18, 2020
why has Kwara suddenly becomes a problem to you people over night, are you seeing what we are not seeing

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sammy07: 6:55am On May 18, 2020
Goldeno:
Shut up jaré

what do you know about kwara

there are almost as many emirs in kwara as there are obas

What did you just write
Pls, point out where there are emirs in kwara
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sammy07: 6:59am On May 18, 2020
Iolo:

Can you share the name of this governor? I guess this happened during the military era.

Governor Mohammed Lawal
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by juman(m): 7:09am On May 18, 2020
Kwara State House Should Change it to igwe.
The obi 1 of kwara.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by juman(m): 7:12am On May 18, 2020
The local government chairmen are powerful than traditional rulers in the constitution.

The kings importance is outdated.
Governors are like gods to the kings.

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Dpharisee: 7:23am On May 18, 2020
Yorubas never develop that kind liver yet, na only Igbos fit do that kind thing because them no dey fear to engage Fulani.
Fulanis have long feared Igbo domination according to Sardauna and have always had British support because they are more subservient to the white man.

The late Governor Mohammed Lawal did it and didn't get enough support from Yoruba traditional rulers, he lost his life in controversial circumstances while seeking a second term to Bukola Saraki who won and reversed the decision.
I hope that one day Yorubas will find their voices and say NO to Fulani control, but unfortunately the Oba of Iwo aspires to become an Emir in future.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by helinues: 7:28am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Heh.. So you knew all this and still arguing about Kwara state
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sammy07: 7:33am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

Heh.. So you knew all this and still arguing about Kwara state

Ilorin is different from kwara state
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by helinues: 7:35am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Ilorin is different from kwara state

Which state is Ilorin located? Which region is the state belongs to?

See bro, we can't be accusing others of land grabbing while we are doing the same.

That's sheer hypocrisy.. If Kwara belongs to Yoruba's, then SE region also extend to some part of SS
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sammy07: 7:48am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

See bro, we can't be accusing others of land grabbing while we are doing the same.

That's sheer hypocrisy.. If Kwara belongs to Yoruba's, then SE region also extend to some part of SS
Bro, you're mixing two things together.
We've never deny SE extending to SS to their anioma brothers or so.
But Lumping SE/SS is bad and wrong.

Meanwhile, in SE/SS case, some of them refuse to be Igbo (Ikewerres etc), while some of them accepted to be Igbo (aniomas, etc).

But the case is not so in SW and Kwara state.

Kwara state is geographical in NC
But her People are Yorubas and have never deny their Yorubaness.

We have igala communities in Anambra, do we say Anambra is igala state

Or, what if there is Oba in ilorin and emir in Offa.
You'll still say it's Fulani

Just a town have emir out of countless of communities in kwara state.

BTW, we are not dragging kwara state to South west.
At least, it's not in DAWN agenda..

But I cannot sit and be seeing some miscreants classifying kwara as Fulani state just because of one town.

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by helinues: 7:51am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Bro, you're mixing two things together.
We've never deny SE extending to SS to their anioma brothers or so.
But Lumping SE/SS is bad and wrong.

Meanwhile, in SE/SS case, some of them refuse to be Igbo (Ikewerres etc), while some of them accepted to be Igbo (aniomas, etc).

But the case is not so in SW and Kwara state.

Kwara state is geographical in NC
But her People are Yorubas and have never deny their Yorubaness.

We have igala communities in Anambra, do we say Anambra is igala state

Or, what there is Oba in ilorin and emir in Offa.
You'll still say it's Fulani

Just a town have emir out of countless of communities in kwara state

Bro, the buttom line is Yoruba in Ilorin were conquered by Fulani..

The status quo remains except you either change that constitutionally or start another senseless war.

We don't have to be emotional about this Kwara issue.

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sunshineg5(m): 7:56am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

Bruv your argument is funny

Who ever doubts igbo in the South south

How on earth do you believe Yorubas end in the South west region of Nigeria?

The fomer president of Benin Republic once came to Ife for a cheiftaincy title

So would you say Boni Yayi is no longer Yoruba because he wasn't born in South west Nigeria or because Sabe is not in South West Nigeria.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Boni_Yayi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Abuja Was Before Tinubu Became President, A Documentary By A Tiktoker! / Lagos Bars Okada From Highways / This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.