Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA (4955 Views)

Sex Party: El-Rufai's Son's House Should Also Be Demolished - Reno Omokri / Oshiomhole Raises Alarm On Plot To Pass No Confidence Vote On Him / 2019: APC Endorses Mannaseh, Passes No Confidence Vote On Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sammy07: 10:39am On May 18, 2020
Goldeno:

I won't

you go do the research yourself

learn to do that before posting rubbish online
See this one telling me about kwara that I've stayed for over 10yrs

I'm currently in Offa to visit a friend.

Apart from Ilorin which other town has emir?

2 Likes

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:51am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

Yoruba currently in Kwara state are merely a resident... Nobody is disputing their Yorubaness

They lost their lands to Fulani caliphate.. Abeg make we talk the truth when needed.
Stop saying trash. Yorubas in Ilorin did not lose their lands. They identified with alimi because of religion and when he killed afonja, he hid under the fact that afonja was not a true Muslim. In other words, he conquered the palace militarily but the people spiritually.
Now that the consciousness is opened, it's important to right that wrong. Don't be an ostrich.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:57am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

My brothers are just being emotional about this jare
You're the one who is being cowardly.
The way you sound, Nigeria would still be under British control if it was left to you.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Sunshineg5(m): 11:01am On May 18, 2020
iwaeda:

Stop rewriting history; Offa is Ibolo. Igbomina cities and towns are Omu-Aran, Oro (Eku Mesan), Esie, Ajase-Ipo, Ijan-Otun, Agbamu, Agbonda, Omido, Arandun, Just to mention a few. We have Isin too, Owu, Ijara, and so on.
Ok

I am sorry, I always thought that Offa is igbomina

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by EmmySparky(m): 11:04am On May 18, 2020
The yorubas in kwara don't have the balls to try this...Fulani is their king

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:05am On May 18, 2020
Sunshineg5:
So Olubadan is ranked higher than Alafin and Soun ataoja of Ogbomosho Oshogbo is ranked higher than Oni of ife going by your silly logic. Those kings are also in the capital of their states and Government should consult with them first before consulting with others cheesy

You have been driven into a corner my friend.

Don't mind him. He's simply short-sighted and cowardly. Even the average Ilorin want a change. It's their elites that benefit from the status quo that wish it remains so.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by helinues: 11:06am On May 18, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Stop saying trash. Yorubas in Ilorin did not lose their lands. They identified with alimi because of religion and when he killed afonja, he hid under the fact that afonja was not a true Muslim. In other words, he conquered the palace militarily but the people spiritually.
Now that the consciousness is opened, it's important to right that wrong. Don't be an ostrich.

Why are you arguing again?
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:08am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

You are the one who should stop shooting yourself in the foot.

Even though we have 36 state governors, why is Fayemi the Chairman of NGF? If all the governor's have the same status, then having a Chairman amongst them shouldn't be right?

Or?
Tún wo ibi tó gbé òrò gbà. Bros you're confused
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by IJOBA2: 11:11am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

Which state is Ilorin located? Which region is the state belongs to?

See bro, we can't be accusing others of land grabbing while we are doing the same.

That's sheer hypocrisy.. If Kwara belongs to Yoruba's, then SE region also extend to some part of SS
AJI HELINUES I WANT TO BUY A VERY FAT RAM FOR YOU cool
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:21am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

Why are you arguing again?
Shut up there. I'm disappointed in everything you wrote here. I used to think you were a Yoruba nationalist didn't know you're just an APC goon with no true understanding of issues about yorubas in the geographical expression called Nigeria.
Ever heard of palace coup before? Go check the meaning.
Do you really think if it was not for the British, an emir will still remain in Ilorin till this day?
How many Fulanis are in Ilorin. The only chain holding the people of Ilorin down is their religious fanaticism and nothing else.

Alimi never conquered Ilorin militarily. He did by virtue of religion. Only for you to say they are conquered. Even the emirs have started taking Yoruba names since due to the fact they know they may not be able to sustain the farce for long but see what you're writing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by helinues: 11:24am On May 18, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Shut up there. I'm disappointed in everything you wrote here. I used to think you were a Yoruba nationalist didn't know you're just an APC goon with no true understanding of issues about yorubas in the geographical expression called Nigeria.
Ever heard of palace coup before? Go check the meaning.
Do you really think if it was not for the British, an emir will still remain in Ilorin till this day?
How many Fulanis are in Ilorin. The only chain holding the people of Ilorin down is their religious fanaticism and nothing else.

Alimi never conquered Ilorin militarily. He did by virtue of religion. Only for you to say they are conquered. Even the emirs have started taking Yoruba names since due to the fact they know they may not be able to sustain the farce for long but see what you're writing.

The start up of this writing is a turn off for me.

I didn't bother to read the rest...

Owuro lojo awe
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:35am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

The start up of this writing is a turn off for me.

I didn't bother to read the rest...

Owuro lojo awe
Dats ur business. I didn't write it for ur pleasure. If you have boxed yourself into a corner while fighting Igbo online, it doesn't mean you should bury your head in the sand cause you want to sound correct or balanced.
Ilorin has never been conquered by the Fulani in an open war. It's subterfuge that was employed using religion. That implies that a cultural awakening is required to break that chain. The op suggested a constitutional solution and you came up with they are conquered. What the hell does that mean?
I repeat. If the likes of you were alive during the push against colonialism, the struggle will have failed!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Belmot(m): 1:29pm On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:
See this one telling me about kwara that I've stayed for over 10yrs
I'm currently in Offa to visit a friend.
Apart from Ilorin which other town has emir?
Baruten
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Chimaraymond455: 1:41pm On May 18, 2020
Oba of Ilorin!! grin

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by iwaeda: 3:11pm On May 18, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Ok

I am sorry, I always thought that Offa is igbomina
No problem bro.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Yorubasarecurse: 3:47pm On May 18, 2020
Turantula:
Youbas are different from Yoruba-fulani, Kwarans are the later
cc:imhotep
Lzaa
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by ojobek: 4:14pm On May 18, 2020
Even Yoruba Muslims will never agree to that except OP is looking for war.

1 Like

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Uglyojuku: 5:02pm On May 18, 2020
kolaaderin:
Thinking out loud, Kwara state is always in news over the legitimacy of their region belonging to the southern Yorubas or to the northern Hausas. In reality, only Ilorin the capital city of the State is ruled by the title Emir whereas all other towns and small cities in the state has the Oba installed as the prominent rulers which in all honesty indicates the state is majorly a yoruba speaking state.
Since the state is in democratic dispensation likewise Nigeria, i will suggest the house of Assembly of the state to pass a bill and debate on the change of this Title to OBA and democratically agree on the outcome of their legislative competency. I m not from Ilorin, but I know 90% of Ilorin indigenous people are real Yorubas and could save some face in the future by doing what is right today for the sake of their coming generations.

Just thinking out loud ooo.

This Sulu gambari in 2020 is the last emir of Ilorin.
A pure Yorubaman will be Oba of Ilorin and will rule according to the tenets of Islam.
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by Chiedu4Trump: 5:13am On May 20, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

Chiedu4trump take note, we are also watching you keenly.

No vex where are you from?

U strike me as an Almajiri
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by pinkbarby: 10:41pm On May 20, 2020
Sammy07:
It will be quite difficult.

Only a governor can do that.

And One of the governors did that but they didn't allowed him to get re elected as governor and he was killed

Available land for sale behind Tuyil's Proposed University Site @ Airport Road, Ilorin , Kwara State @ N150,000 per plot. Call 0817934790 , 08116891684.
Company name: Jide Ejiba and co

Size: 100ft by 50ft
Registered Survey and Deed of assignment
Available to inspect at any time

Neighborhood:
Tuyil's Proposed University
Al faoz College
Golden Estate
Peace Pharmaceutical Industry
Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by WeneWali: 1:27pm On May 23, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Trash. KINEMATICZ( who's also ObafemiAwolowo, Omenkata, bumbibllis, yamiriflathead and any other Monika that strike posts) is your brother (Igbo). The rest monikers are really SS people.
If you want to talk about SS impostor, Wenewali and some Monika I couldn't remember now should be your lists.

This bayerabe guy, are you pained that it has been impossible for you ewedu people to divide us. Listen and go and read up about the war. We in Ekpeyeland fought alongside our brothers in the east.

You guys are serpent and nobody in south trust yorubas. Go to youtube and see how Bini people are flogging yorubas on comment section video where yorubas try to lie about history.
We in the SS do not like you. Go and die! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j8KOS9X70U

Re: Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA by lawani: 2:02pm On May 23, 2020
Ilorin came under British protection in the 1890s by the signature of the Balogun Ajikobi a descendant of Alaafin Abiodun. Technically the Balogun Ajikobi is the olu of Ilorin because he still has that document.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Trending For The Wrong Reasons On Twitter / Peter Obi Names Nuhu Ribadu As Running Mate / Peter Obi Team Begs Nairaland, Others To Take Down 'Blasphemous Prayer Mat' Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.