Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,728 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Pastor Kumuyi Make More Clarification On Offering And Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi Make More Clarification On Offering And Tithes (906 Views)

Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? / Living Faith Creates USSD CODE To Facilitate Offerings And Tithes Online. / Apostle Suleman: Offering And Tithe Can’t Buy Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Kumuyi Make More Clarification On Offering And Tithes by Alasiritife(m): 11:07pm On May 17, 2020
Pastor William Kumuyi, the general superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, has said that tithe payment is a requirement from God and it is the gateway to prosperity for Christians.

Pastor who spoke through online for Christians on Sunday on the sermon “Full and Final Reaping after faithful Sowing,” insisted that for Christians to reap prosperous blessing from God, it is imperative to pay tithe and give offerings

The issue of tithing has been a subject of debate on the social media with some saying tithes should not be collected alleging that people paying tithes are paying into pastors’ accounts.

Many have also argued that tithing has been abolished and that churches collecting tithes in this dispensation are doing wrong and by parity of reasons are duping the poor members of the church.

But Pastor Kumuyi, in his sermon, said tithe and offerings are for God, noting that tithing brings financial blessings to Christians. According to him, the issue of tithing is not a subject of debate, it is a compulsory requirement from God’s children.

His argument is based on the book of Malachi 3:8-12 which reads “Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings….

“Bring ye all the tithes in the storehouse, that there be meat in my house in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there may not be room enough to receive it.”

Pastor Kumuyi said Christians should give as God has prospered them, adding that whether small or big everyone should give as much as God has prospered them.

According to him, while giving to God, Christians should not consider the economy of the nation, noting that despite the hard times, Christians should give, whether convenient or not convenient.

He argument is based on Ecclesiastes 11:4 which reads: “He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.” And verse 6 reads: “In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thy hand…” This means Christians should give at all times and all seasons.

He also supported his argument on giving offerings whether convenient or not with Psalm 126: 6 thus: “He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtlessly come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.” This s showing that in the midst of pains, there is the certainty of happiness at the end.

However, the holiness preacher insisted that before anyone could give any acceptable offering or tithe to God, the individual must, of necessity, have surrendered his life to God. This is when the individual will now have understanding of tithing and offering.

He said the reward may not come immediately but it will certainly come. he said men may not know what you give but God will reward all offerings made in his name.

More here-- https://www.talkpalsforum.com/index.php?topic=20
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Make More Clarification On Offering And Tithes by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Mar 03
Alasiritife:
Pastor William Kumuyi, the general superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, has said that tithe payment is a requirement from God and it is the gateway to prosperity for Christians. Pastor who spoke through online for Christians on Sunday on the sermon “Full and Final Reaping after faithful Sowing,” insisted that for Christians to reap prosperous blessing from God, it is imperative to pay tithe and give offerings
The issue of tithing has been a subject of debate on the social media with some saying tithes should not be collected alleging that people paying tithes are paying into pastors’ accounts.

Many have also argued that tithing has been abolished and that churches collecting tithes in this dispensation are doing wrong and by parity of reasons are duping the poor members of the church.
But Pastor Kumuyi, in his sermon, said tithe and offerings are for God, noting that tithing brings financial blessings to Christians. According to him, the issue of tithing is not a subject of debate, it is a compulsory requirement from God’s children.
His argument is based on the book of Malachi 3:8-12 which reads “Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings….
“Bring ye all the tithes in the storehouse, that there be meat in my house in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there may not be room enough to receive it.”
Pastor Kumuyi said Christians should give as God has prospered them, adding that whether small or big everyone should give as much as God has prospered them.
[b]According to him, while giving to God, Christians should not consider the economy of the nation, noting that despite the hard times, Christians should give, whether convenient or not convenient.
He argument is based on Ecclesiastes 11:4 which reads: “He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.” And verse 6 reads: “In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thy hand…” This means Christians should give at all times and all seasons.
He also supported his argument on giving offerings whether convenient or not with Psalm 126: 6 thus: “He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtlessly come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.” This s showing that in the midst of pains, there is the certainty of happiness at the end.
However, the holiness preacher insisted that before anyone could give any acceptable offering or tithe to God, the individual must, of necessity, have surrendered his life to God. This is when the individual will now have understanding of tithing and offering.
He said the reward may not come immediately but it will certainly come. he said men may not know what you give but God will reward all offerings made in his name.[/b]
Even Kumuyi's god is ever-changing his mind. grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Make More Clarification On Offering And Tithes by MightySparrow: 8:15pm On Mar 03
I like his position on this topic.

I, personally, like experiencial knowledge of God. I have quite some encounters with God. I don't like to base my arguments on preachers and any faithless Governing Body or 'freezers' . Experiencial!
I like people like Archbishop Idaosa who read in the Bible that he could raise the dead and started roaming about the street of Benin and found one to raise. The young girl he raised that day later became his wife. Real faith.

I was praying one day and God (my own God) told me that, 'your wife does not pay tithes, her business will fold up.'
Although our marriage was young then, about twenty years ago. I told her. She was asking me if I thought about it, had vision, dreamt about it. She told me she didn't believe in tithing. Within a month all she was doing went down. Till today, she is still unfaithful and still roams the wilderness. I also made up my mind not to put my own money in her business. She would borrow from bank, cooperatives, online. She has refused to change. I also continue to watch. It is over twenty years now.

I am not saying, my own experience is a doctrine. Since I found healing in the Bible, I believe it. I found commitment, I am committed, I found also tithing and offering. I am also doing it with results.

I base my arguments and judgement of scriptures on the faithfulness of God. I believe anything I see and don't have now would be my ignorance or inadequate faith in God.

I will never attend a church that preach against tithe and offering. Never!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Make More Clarification On Offering And Tithes by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Mar 04
LOL.... The businessman is giving discounts to his gullible followers after scamming them for many years. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

See How Noah Managed To Get All The Animals Into The Ark. / You Offended Me Greatly, So Take My Son And Kill Him, And I'll Forgive You / I Stop Going To Church, Now The Church Lives Inside Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.