Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... (2373 Views)

I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us / Boy Put Hot Pepper In His Nigerian Parents Food For Always Giving Him Spicy Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by ephapras: 10:35am On May 18, 2020
Good day all, Please I will like to know home made remedy that can be applied to heal the burnt on my little child hand, he accidentally put hand inside hot Semolina and this got his hand burnt and later formed blisters, we have applied penicillin ointment, give him amplicox syrup and we are at the verge of buying dermacin cream now... it's one week now since the incident happened and we don't tends to see much improvement, we didn't want to go to hospital due to the present situation in the nation... please, is there anything that we can buy and apply as an addition to heal up the wound faster as I don't like the odour coming out of the hand at times....

Thanks as I await your contribution...
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by chii8(f): 10:37am On May 18, 2020
Please, take the child to a hospital.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Mariangeles(f): 10:39am On May 18, 2020
Get fresh aloe vera leaf and keep applying the gel to the burnt area.
It'll help sooth the pain and heal the burnt.
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by MoneyMindset(m): 10:40am On May 18, 2020
Clinic,nurses no dy for your street
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Mindlog: 10:41am On May 18, 2020
Take the child to the hospital.
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Atomemmy(m): 10:44am On May 18, 2020
Chai
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by ephapras: 10:57am On May 18, 2020
Mariangeles:
It'll sooth the pain and help him heal faster.

That's what my neighbour told us to be applying and we have been doing that... Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Mariangeles(f): 11:00am On May 18, 2020
ephapras:

That's what my neighbour told us to be applying and we have been doing that... Thanks so much.

You're welcome. smiley
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by ephapras: 11:01am On May 18, 2020
chii8:
Please, take the child to a hospital.

I just moved to to an area that is just developing, the closest hospital is the General hospital and I didn't want to go cos of the fear of this COVID 19...

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by chii8(f): 11:08am On May 18, 2020
ephapras:

I just moved to to an area that is just developing, the closest hospital is the General hospital and I didn't want to go cos of the fear of this COVID 19...

Hmmm...ok but what if the situation worsens,snap the injury and let your husband go the general hospital and make enquiry, probably book an appointment before bringing the child.Do not allow your fear deform the boy's hand, please.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by chii8(f): 11:10am On May 18, 2020
Mariangeles:
It'll help sooth the pain and heal the burnt.

This might work for an adult but a child will always scratch that injured part and would never agree to stay at a place to nurse the wound,that's why a pediatrician would be a good option.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Nobody: 11:11am On May 18, 2020
Use givi (purple blue)so as not to discolor his skin. It also helps the surface to dry faster
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by ephapras: 12:34pm On May 18, 2020
chii8:

Hmmm...ok but what if the situation worsens,snap the injury and let your husband go the general hospital and make enquiry, probably book an appointment before bringing the child.Do not allow your fear deform the boy's hand, please.

Thanks... The poster is the husband.
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by ephapras: 12:35pm On May 18, 2020
Bozzyironlady:
Use givi (purple blue)so as not to discolor his skin. It also helps the surface to dry faster

Alright ma...
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Chynwe(f): 6:25pm On May 18, 2020
Dermazin heals burns fast.When you are buying,please check if there is age restrictions

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Spechialone(f): 7:42pm On May 18, 2020
Blue seal Vaseline is your answer ma'am, it will heal nicely with little or no scar. Doctors do recommend it
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Bluehill1051: 9:37pm On May 18, 2020
ephapras:
Good day all, Please I will like to know home made remedy that can be applied to heal the burnt on my little child hand, he accidentally put hand inside hot Semolina and this got his hand burnt and later formed blisters, we have applied penicillin ointment, give him amplicox syrup and we are at the verge of buying dermacin cream now... it's one week now since the incident happened and we don't tends to see much improvement, we didn't want to go to hospital due to the present situation in the nation... please, is there anything that we can buy and apply as an addition to heal up the wound faster as I don't like the odour coming out of the hand at times....

Did he fall inside the fire??!
Small thing like this, you're already panicking. Mtcheeew. I pity your foolish husband.
Use vaseline and egg. That's all. Mtcheeeeeeewwwww
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by elektra(f): 9:44pm On May 18, 2020
ephapras:

Stop using home remedies and get this child to an hospital. Don’t be an irresponsible parent. The smell could be an indication of infection which could escalate and cause amputation/sepsis e.t.c

4 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by ephapras: 9:42am On May 19, 2020
Chynwe:
Dermazin heals burns fast.When you are buying,please check if there is age restrictions

Yes, I later bought one yesterday... and just one day of applying, great improvement was noticed... Yes I checked, I think it's only neonates and premature infants that can't use it.... Thanks so much...
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by ephapras: 9:45am On May 19, 2020
Spechialone:
Blue seal Vaseline is your answer ma'am, it will heal nicely with little or no scar. Doctors do recommend it

Yes, I heard too, I will start using it after this dermacin...... Thanks a lot.
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Medunah: 10:28am On May 19, 2020
ephapras:

Try dermacin......it helped me when i had burns

But pls whatever you do, do not use GV (that purple liquid)
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by ephapras: 11:10am On May 19, 2020
Medunah:
Try dermacin......it helped me when i had burns
But pls whatever you do, do not use GV (that purple liquid)

Ooh, really... Thanks for this... let me go and read on the GV..
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Mstick: 11:18am On May 19, 2020
Take that child to a children hospital before that hand gets infected.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Sabicleaners: 11:22am On May 19, 2020
Sorry about that! Look for a nurse to dress it up, if its difficult finding a nurse. This is a DIY dressing process.
Go to a pharmacy; buy 1 chloraphenicol injection powder, blueseal Vaseline, normal saline drip water, sterile gauze bandage cotton wool
Mix the injection powder into the Vaseline. Clean the burnt area with cotton wool dip in saline water. Apply the mixed Vaseline ointment very generously (p.s emphasis on generously) to the affected areas and dress it loosely with sterilised gauze bandage. Repeat dressing every two days.
Please avoid GV ink. Dermazin is effective when the wound is healed, its applied to prevent scarring and create a uniform skin tone. It doesn't heal fresh wound.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Nsiehi: 11:46am On May 19, 2020
Continue home remedy until that hand gangrenes or infected with tetanus. Considering the age of the child, a little infection on that hand can easily spread to the blood and the rest of the body.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Mizwisdom(f): 2:25pm On May 19, 2020
Throw everything you're using now away, go and buy original honey, apply twice or three times a day. Use original honey, and come back for testimony.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by ephapras: 4:00pm On May 19, 2020
Sabicleaners:
Sorry about that! Look for a nurse to dress it up, if its difficult finding a nurse. This is a DIY dressing process.
Go to a pharmacy; buy 1 chloraphenicol injection powder, blueseal Vaseline, normal saline drip water, sterile gauze bandage cotton wool
Mix the injection powder into the Vaseline. Clean the burnt area with cotton wool dip in saline water. Apply the mixed Vaseline ointment very generously (p.s emphasis on generously) to the affected areas and dress it loosely with sterilised gauze bandage. Repeat dressing every two days.
Please avoid GV ink. Dermazin is effective when the wound is healed, its applied to prevent scarring and create a uniform skin tone. It doesn't heal fresh wound.

Thanks for this detailed analysis... Though we have been cleaning it regularly and applying the dermacin, there is a noticeable improvement...... Thanks so much....
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by ephapras: 4:02pm On May 19, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Throw everything you're using now away, go and buy original honey, apply twice or three times a day. Use original honey, and come back for testimony.

Thanks ma, the challenge is getting the original honey,nwe have not been so lucky getting the original honey....
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Chynwe(f): 6:03pm On May 19, 2020
Bluehill1051:
Did he fall inside the fire??!
Small thing like this, you're already panicking. Mtcheeew. I pity your foolish husband.
Use vaseline and egg. That's all. Mtcheeeeeeewwwww
Hey! That's rude.Why refer to the husband as foolish.Please you can do better.If she knew what to do,she wouldn't come on nairaland
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by dinak1(f): 8:19pm On May 19, 2020
For the wound to be smelling that means it's infected. Please discard all treatment with antibiotics given above.
Just go the emergency of any hospital near by they will attend to you. If you don't want to lose your baby's hand or baby at worst by trial and error. You should move now. It's a child and they are delicate..
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Mira4Ashawo(f): 3:16am On May 20, 2020
[s]>
Mizwisdom:
[/s]
Re: Please Help, My Two Years Old Boy Put Hand Inside Hot Semo From Fire.... by Bluehill1051: 7:03am On May 20, 2020
Chynwe:

Hey! That's rude.Why refer to the husband as foolish.Please you can do better.If she knew what to do,she wouldn't come on nairaland
You're a fool nah. Did I talk to you?! Prostitute!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Left His Wife After Finding ₦3.6m In Her Account / How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. / 6 Real Persons Who Looked Like Cartoon.(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.