Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,065 members, 7,953,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:56 PM

Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist (1011 Views)

Man Left Confused After Wife Conceives Despite Him Undergoing Vasectomy / Help! Family Planning Keeps Failing Us, She Is Pregnant Twice This Year / Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by imustmakeit(m): 4:23pm On May 18, 2020
So, I saw this on facebook. What's your opinion on this?
[b]I read a post where a man said he wanted only 2 children but the wife wants more.

He has offered the wife several forms of contraceptives and she refused.

Now, she is pregnant with their 5th child and he's had enough and he's whining.

Here is my issue with this nonsense scenario:

1. Did they date? Didn't they discuss the number of children?

2. Why is the man whining? Why is he weeping that the wife refused all of the several forms of contraceptives? Why can't he have a vasectomy?

I'm of the opinion that the person who doesn't want a child should be the one to do something about it.

If I get married and I've had enough children, I will NOT force vasectomy on my husband. I'd simply go to my doctor and discuss my options for contraceptives.

Women need to stop being stupid.

Contraceptives have risks and side effects and these men don't want to bear the risks. They push it all on their wives and women stupidly accept it.

If as a man you think you have had enough children, go to your doctor to discuss the methods of contraceptives that YOU YOURSELF can have. Stop whining that your wife refused to do this and that. Do it!

Male contraceptives have passed safety tests since last year. You can now order.

- Nkechi Bianze [/b]

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159340459747195&id=746102194

2 Likes

Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:49pm On May 18, 2020
the important question is: when did he decide that he wanted only 2 kids OR when did wife decide she wanted more than 2 kids?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by crackland: 5:23pm On May 18, 2020
These issues are quite simple and straightforward - the partner who doesn't want more children ought to do something about it by taking control of their end.

Personally, I don't see how my partner will get pregnant for me when I don't want her to and this won't even require a vasectomy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by eyinjuege: 6:15pm On May 18, 2020
A vasectomy isn't a bad procedure.

1. It is one of the most effective means of preventing pregnancy , and even slightly more effective than a tubal ligation.

2. It is a lot safer than tubal ligation too.

3. Also much cheaper for a permanent contraception.

4. It is also reversible for a certain period of time too .

This has nothing to do with feminism, but science.

5 Likes

Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 18, 2020
eyinjuege:

1. It is one of the most effective means of preventing pregnancy , and even slightly more effective than a tubal ligation.

Exactly. People are just throwing around the word “feminist” anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by bukatyne(f): 6:57pm On May 18, 2020
Everything is fight, fight, war, war.

I would rather divert the energy for more productive ventures.

The husband in the OP is not serious sha. He should have found a solution after the third child.

'Your body is yours' to do whatever you want till you forcefully keep a baby and force a man who did not want it to pay child support.

But that same man can't force you to keep the baby if he wants it.

@Vasectomy: many Nigerians are unwilling to deliberately go for any surgery or permanent change. A lot of people still pray against CS.

I believe with more education and honest pros & cons, more men might get on board with it.
Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by MMotimo: 7:14pm On May 18, 2020
Everyone should do what works for them.

All I know is that I'm never doing any hormonal thingy that will make me fat. I work too hard to look the way I want.

2 Likes

Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by spiralwedge(m): 6:07pm On May 19, 2020
eyinjuege:

How much and what's the safest hospital to do this? Been wanting to do this since 2012
Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by VTJN(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
MMotimo:

All I know is that I'm never doing any hormonal thingy that will make me fat. I work too hard to look the way I want.

Ok
Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by VTJN(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
MMotimo:

Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by MMotimo: 4:17pm On Dec 16, 2021
VTJN:

I’ll have someone send something shortly. You can delete your info and I’ll delete later.
Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by VTJN(m): 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2021
MMotimo:

I’ll have someone send something shortly. You can delete your info and I’ll delete later.
Many thanks for your heart of benevolence. God bless you richly!
Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by odinson1(m): 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2021
G
Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by socialmediaman: 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2021
Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by Vyolet(f): 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2021
This is what we have been saying, it's not about feminism or whatever. The person who doesn't want more kids should be the one to go for family planning.
In this part of the world, the men keep shouting I don't want more kids but they are afraid of going for vasectomy claiming that the woman should be the one to do it, if you don't have other plans later in life, why are you afraid of going sterile?

2 Likes

Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by Jidemoo: 6:54am On Dec 17, 2021
Local man is just speechless on top this matter
Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by Carbonated: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2021
MMotimo:

Good morning ma, Pls is the bag of rice offer still available?
Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by Mindlog: 11:31am On Dec 17, 2021
Hmm....
Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by efficiencie(m): 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2021
Another reason not to get married...and just keep doing the baby mama thingy. I trust feminists are okay with this arrangement.
Re: Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist by MMotimo: 5:31am On Dec 18, 2021
Carbonated:

Good morning ma, Pls is the bag of rice offer still available?

Good morning. No, the plan was scrapped.

(1) (Reply)

Is Trying To Befriend A Rich Guy, Makes a lady a Gold Digger. / Triple Blessings... / See Prices Of Gift Item to get for your loved ones-buygiftsnigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.