Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,909 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Best Way To Pray - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Best Way To Pray (198 Views)

Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? / Pastor Touching Men's Manhood To Pray For Them (Video) / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Way To Pray by Shobizz(m): 10:51pm On May 18, 2020
Whether u shout like Blind Bartimaeus "Son of David have mercy on me "
Or pray silently like Hannah in Shiloh
Or Sit hopelessness like the man at the pool of Bethesda
If your action is from the heart the Holy Spirit will effect it.

It doesn't matter you if Cry, Shout or Pray Silently what matter is your heart

KingBaba1:
The scripture says the fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much, and this will want me to know the best way to pray according to the Bible and Christian belief.

1. We all know we are different type of human being and our approach to things differ alot.
We have the cool and calm beings, and also the stubborn and aggressive ones.

I see how pastor Adeboye preaches the gospel and pray in a cool and calm way and there are signs, wonders and testimony to that effect...

I also know some agressive preachers and prayer warriors like pastor Paul Adefarasin, N. duncan Williams and TD jakes.

Now, here is why i am writing this write up.

1. I sometimes feel i am too cool and calm in my prayers hence the delay or no answer i have in my prayer requests to the most high.

2. I believe in strategic form of prayer and i also do fast and pray when seeking the face of the lord on something... I don't usually think i am too cool or calm in prayers not until i started waiting endlessly for results.
If i am in a religious gathering, it depends on the leader of the prayer points and the prayer point itself that will determine my ginger and how aggressive i can be, but i don't see it going too hot or too cool.

3.what could be the delay of prayer request of somones need I feel satisfied inside of me when i pray in my own way and style. I don't really have privacy at the moment, and i am someone who really doesn't like people hearing my prayer point if it isn't in a religious gathering and general prayer.

I was born into Christianity and i served the lord in a church unit, but I will like to ask maybe there are ways i need to start praying that i don't know or practice for effective answers from the lord.

N. B. I know jehova witnesses don't pray loud or aggressive prayer, and i also know some other religious organization that doesn't do aggressive praying too.

So which one is which and how do one pray effective prayer with fasting without being aggressive
Your views and opinion will really help, and i will be more than delighted if u can do that with scripture references.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Pray by Kobojunkie: 2:33am On May 24, 2020
No better way than defaulting to what Jesus commanded His disciples

Matthew 6 vs 7-13
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7. “And when you pray, don’t be like the people who don’t know God. They say the same things again and again. They think that if they say it enough, their god will hear them.
8. Don’t be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9. So this is how you should pray:

‘Our Father in heaven,we pray that your name will always be kept holy.
10. We pray that your kingdom will come— that what you want will be done here on earth, the same as in heaven.
11. Give us the food we need for today.
12. Forgive our sins, just as we have forgiven those who did wrong to us.
13. Don’t let us be tempted, but save us from the Evil One.'

(1) (Reply)

Christian Apologist Ravi Zacharias Is Dead / I Need Sincere Answers Please. / Loaded With Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.