Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,522 members, 7,958,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:17 PM

Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 (77251 Views)

Efia Odo: I Lost My Virginity At The Age Of 16 / Photo Of The Man Alex Did Abortion For At The Age Of 16? / Agnes Masogange Is Dead! Died Of Pneumonia And Low Blood Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by Ijeleigbo(m): 7:51pm On May 19, 2020
Pusyiter:
Higher one
They select who joins not just any fellow

Hmmm.... Na wa oh
Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by osazsky(m): 8:39pm On May 19, 2020
jeffizy:
Addiction for 3 years, died short of his 17 birthday.

Now, is that a failed parenting or misplaced priority from the kid.
a fence around America would have prevented this trump hurry up o..
Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by grandstar(m): 9:30pm On May 19, 2020
jeffizy:
Addiction for 3 years, died short of his 17 birthday.

Now, is that a failed parenting or misplaced priority from the kid.

I suspect it is the pressure of fame. Many kid actors turn to drugs to cope. Macaulay Culkin (Home Alone star) was ruined by drugs. Drew Barrymore (Was 5 years old in E.T) was also a drug addict.

Many parents think they are helping their children become something in life when they introduce them to stardom early and in many cases, it turns out badly (Read Proverbs 14;12)

1 Like

Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by grandstar(m): 9:34pm On May 19, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
some kids are not fully emotionally grown at 13 to be using marijuana, let alone fentanyl at 16yrs old. no matter how hard this must be, the mother should take part of the blame for this tragedy. your kids shouldnt be anywhere near marijuana at 13yrs old, and if he was then she probably should have handcuffed him until he get help (instead of trying to pretend that everything was ok to the world, while it certainly wasnt). since he was 13, he should have been under extra supervision and be done with any acting etc....

they were so focused on pretending that everything was ok and not letting people know what was going on, that it made it easier for that child to upgrade his drug taking to fentanyl... at 16!!!!! see how these white kids are dying from opioid overdose... failed parenting of the highest order!

She should have taken him away from his acting career. It was the pressure there that turned him to drugs. It has destroyed the lives of many kids. Exposure to fame early can have ruinous consequences.

1 Like

Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:37pm On May 19, 2020
grandstar:
She should have taken him away from his acting career. It was the pressure there that turned him to drugs. It has destroyed the lives of many kids. Exposure to fame early can have ruinous consequences.

very true... especially having unsupervised kids hanging around adults on set, and being exposed to adult acts.
many are given drugs to take advantage of them (both male and female).
Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by mickelkingz(m): 9:38pm On May 19, 2020
Look like a drug addict. Rip
Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:48pm On May 19, 2020
grandstar:

I suspect it is the pressure of fame. Many kid actors turn to drugs to cope. Macaulay Culkin (Home Alone star) was ruined by drugs. Drew Barrymore (Was 5 years old in E.T) was also a drug addict.

Many parents think they are helping their children become something in life when they introduce them to stardom early and in many cases, it turns out badly (Read Proverbs 14;12)

but the kid was only 16, there wasnt that much pressure yet, i think it was just for recreational purposes. they handed him the shiit as some fun thing to do , like most these kids do, to try to get a bigger buzz than weed.

1 Like

Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by Mryacks: 10:46pm On May 19, 2020
Babatunde40:
Some Nigerians think only cocaine is a hard drug. There are many

The Fentanyl that killed this guy is a very bad drug. It is a pain reliever. If you have heard of morphine, this Fentanyl is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine

Morphine is C₁₇H₁₉NO₃

Fentanyl is C22H28N2O. That is "die well"

2mg of Fentanyl can do what 1000mg of tramadol cannot do.

Since Fentanyl is for severe pain relief, it instantly blocks the pain receptors of the brain. If you are on Fentanyl and you are involved in an accident, you will not feel anything. You will just bleed to death unknowingly

Wow....even reading this shivers me.

1 Like

Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by alexola20(m): 6:03am On May 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by NiCurious: 6:03am On May 20, 2020
tot:

For Fentanyl to be this potent, that means it's probably prescription only so how did this guy manage to get it? I just wonder. Such a waste of one's life.

Legally, it is only available by prescription. However, it's easily obtained illegally as a street drug. Part of the problem is that the street version has variable potency, as the buyer never knows if it's been cut with other substances, or is relatively pure, so it is easy to overdose. There has been a fentanyl overdose issue in Canada for a couple of years, now.

Fentanyl is a painkiller, and is also used as a sedative for medical procedures. In hospital, I was administered a minuscule quantity, which made me unconscious. When I woke, all I knew was that I had had the most restful nap ever. I would gladly have gone under again. And I'm not a druggie. That's when I realized how addictive this drug must be.

People on this thread forming self-righteous about bad parenting being the cause of addiction, have no idea what they're talking about, and for the sake of them and their families, may they never have firsthand knowledge.
Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by NiCurious: 6:08am On May 20, 2020
Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by NiCurious: 6:09am On May 20, 2020
I hope you posted in the parenting thread further up the fp.

Zedoo:

As a person that was flogged incessantly growing up. I mean EVERY SINGLE DAY, both in school and at home.... beating DOES NOT CHANGE a person...it only makes them pretend in your presence or fear you.

You should discipline your kids from an early age (not flogging) and make them know WHY they shouldn’t do somethings by SHOWING them the end product of those things.
No matter how much you talk, images do a better job of teaching children.

In adolescence children feel “hated” by parents at the slightest caution. Whatever his/her tough friends are doing as habits he/she will most likely do... they can’t talk to their parents about things because they do not have an actual relationship.
This Is reason why everybody in a family assumes all is well until something drastic happens (which they usually discover when it’s beyond repair).

If you have resolved to “beat the devil”out of your children, please also resolve to love the heaven out of them and equally reward them for good deeds as you chastise them for bad ones.
In all you do, DO NOT TALK DOWN ON YOUR KID or reaffairm pronounciations on their life because it causes low self esteem which is the Kickstarter for all other things children do as adolescents.

“We turned out fine” because our parents beat us, does not mean our parents “know” who we really are beyond what we act for them at home.
Except you aspire to have the same exact relationship your parents have with you (I want to assure you that you DON’T) unlearn the acts of parenting that have been enforced on you by your own childhood. It is not the answer to the childhood of today or tomorrow.
Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by tot(f): 8:04am On May 20, 2020
NiCurious:

Legally, it is only available by prescription. However, it's easily obtained illegally as a street drug. Part of the problem is that the street version has variable potency, as the buyer never knows if it's been cut with other substances, or is relatively pure, so it is easy to overdose. There has been a fentanyl overdose issue in Canada for a couple of years, now.

Fentanyl is a painkiller, and is also used as a sedative for medical procedures. In hospital, I was administered a minuscule quantity, which made me unconscious. When I woke, all I knew was that I had had the most restful nap ever. I would gladly have gone under again. And I'm not a druggie. That's when I realized how addictive this drug must be.

People on this thread forming self-righteous about bad parenting being the cause of addiction, have no idea what they're talking about, and for the sake of them and their families, may they never have firsthand knowledge.

Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:25pm On May 20, 2020
NiCurious:

as much as fentanyl has been a plague in the US and Canada for years, it has only been used as a cheap stronger replacement to heroine (which was what junkies were using before someone introduced a cheaper stronger version called fentanyl)... now, people dont just get into heroine/fentanyl out of nowhere, majority start on lighter drugs and upgrade to these harder drugs.... and YES, by the time you are hooked, there isnt much you can do.
but if your 13 yr old start smoking weed and, instead of addressing the issue full on, you try to pretend that all is well (when it certainly isnt), then you as a parent is fully to be blamed for knowingly letting that 13 yrs old weed smoking child deal with their drug addiction, to the point where he/she decided to try out fentanyl (of all drugs).

1 Like

Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by NiCurious: 4:48pm On May 20, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

as much as fentanyl has been a plague in the US and Canada for years, it has only been used as a cheap stronger replacement to heroine (which was what junkies were using before someone introduced a cheaper stronger version called fentanyl)... now, people dont just get into heroine/fentanyl out of nowhere, majority start on lighter drugs and upgrade to these harder drugs.... and YES, by the time you are hooked, there isnt much you can do.
but if your 13 yr old start smoking weed and, instead of addressing the issue full on, you try to pretend that all is well (when it certainly isnt), then you as a parent is fully to be blamed for knowingly letting that 13 yrs old weed smoking child deal with their drug addiction, to the point where he/she decided to try out fentanyl (of all drugs).

Fair comment. I should have specified that not all addiction is caused by bad parenting, fentanyl addiction by subscription, being a case in point.
Re: Logan Williams Died Of Fentanyl Overdose At The Age Of 16 by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:00pm On May 20, 2020
NiCurious:
Fair comment. I should have specified that not all addiction is caused by bad parenting, fentanyl addiction by subscription, being a case in point.

yes you are absolutely correct, as by the time your child is on hard drugs (Meth, Crack, Heroine etc) there is pretty much nothing you can do... but there are two main issues here:
A) the age of the person.... at 13 yrs old, your child shouldnt be addicted to anything, and if you knowingly put your 13yr old in an adult environment (for fame and celebrity status) then you MUST be there with them every step of the way...and when they are done shooting the movie, you are there to pick your child and take them back home to their normal lives. you dont live your kids unattended with these grown folks (even if it is other child actor)

B) yes, many 13yr old would try to smoke weed with their friends etc, but if you find that out, you put an end to it, RIGHT THERE AND THEN by any means necessary. you cant let that immature weed smoking clueless 13yr old decide on his own if he can/want to stop smoking weed. if my 13yr old child is smoking weed, he will lose ALL his privileges in life (until he gets his act together). i will administer a drug test (very cheap to get) every week til he is 18yrs old, god forbids if he fails one, and/or send him to some prison for kids (parading as boarding school)...there are many out there.

FINALLY if you find that your teenage child is into harder drugs then you have lost that child already and should forget any acting/social life for him/her and instead you need to send him/her to rehab for YEARS!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ayo Animashaun Wants P'square To Reconcile / Odion Ighalo Tours Alexx Ekubo And IK Ogbonna Round His Luxurious Mansion (Vid) / Favour Umeike Celebrates Her Birthday Today With Sultry Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.