Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG (25496 Views)

Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by nurex01(m): 6:29am On May 19, 2020
Who is Scamming who
Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Bukden16(m): 6:30am On May 19, 2020
What da f#ck..!

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by vedaxcool(m): 6:31am On May 19, 2020
[s]
lobbyist:

Government of blame. Take responsibility no, they like blaming others for their wrong doing. Jonathan is free these days from their political lies. I'm a yoruba man, i'm not a zombie.
[/s]

Take responsibility for Tax cheating, submission of inflated personnel records by unscrupulous lecturers?

Zombie is defending tax cheat because you hate FG.
Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by peacettw: 6:32am On May 19, 2020
It seems that ASUU's thunder has been stolen. I blame their leadership who was operating under the inflated assumption that they are untouchables, with no regards to their members' welfare in this perilous times plagued with an unknown enemy. Now, their silence is deafening. Shame to the entire lot
Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by eddyslim(m): 6:35am On May 19, 2020
maggilove:
I still don't understand how they were deceived, so what's the shouting upanddan about.
i wonder

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by eddyslim(m): 6:37am On May 19, 2020
helinues:
ASUU lecturers prefer to go on strike than working..
na their way
Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Conductor261: 6:39am On May 19, 2020
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

You can see how this one will likely volunteer to bail Shekau? ASUU fraudulently submitted dead people to inflate their personnel cost yet your concern is to divert attention to an issue that has no equivalence to it?

Some people will continue to disgrace themselves because they think fraud is the shortest route to success.

So ASUU compiled the lists?

2 Likes

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Nobody: 6:40am On May 19, 2020
This govt is so eager to save money.

But are they eager to end the terrorists in North East ?

Is insurgency not costing Nigeria more than ASUU salaries in one month ?

Go and flush out. They preferred to go and beg shekau to surrender.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Successmind(m): 6:40am On May 19, 2020
Failed system, failed database...

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Osidazz19: 6:43am On May 19, 2020
Godons1:
ASUU are like IPOB terrorist, they are full of propaganda.

God bless our corrupt free President. grin

My statement go pain some people die. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So very true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Drizzy5001(m): 6:45am On May 19, 2020
What do you expect from a shithole country. undecided
Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Osidazz19: 6:45am On May 19, 2020
So these ASU fools sent a list that contains dead people then turned around and blamed the govt.
Typically Nigerians with bad motives. They just want to get rid of the system that's checking them more and more. They don't want checks and balances. Bunch of overrated high school teachers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Aystarz: 6:46am On May 19, 2020
Olutola88:
Later these Lecturers will open their mouths to say we have a bad Government. They are even worse than the Government.

We need serious reorientation in Nigeria, most of us are just corrupt.

If lecturers are this corrupt, why do we expect their students to be any different after tertiary education? Corrupt societies breed corrupt leaders
Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by vedaxcool(m): 6:46am On May 19, 2020
Conductor261:

So ASUU compiled the lists?

Obviously the university, shabi I have solved your problem?
Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by GoldenJulius(m): 6:46am On May 19, 2020
Other Federal workers have been paying all there statutory dues since moving to IPPIS and no complain.
ASUU thought they are special and for years they escape paying, now they are shouting in the rubbish

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by philipstanley(m): 6:47am On May 19, 2020
I thought ASUU have not enter IPPIS
Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by bigiyaro(m): 6:58am On May 19, 2020
assu is just a body of disgruntled old people, they are fighting hard to keep old ways of cheating the govt.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by brexit: 7:00am On May 19, 2020
Let the university Vice Chancellors be queried immediately, they have really exposed themselves to public discourse and ridicule

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by universe26(m): 7:00am On May 19, 2020
Na wa o! Dead people now enjoying this gov. Mor than the living. They get appointments and are paid salaries b4 the living. Let me come and be going

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by edudguy(m): 7:04am On May 19, 2020
They said Buhari said all Federal employees be paid their arreas before 31st December 2018 but dem no pay NYSC members their arrears. So we are not federal employees abi. But if it is during election they will be the first to call corpers. Ndi Ala
Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by PreciousBeauty(f): 7:04am On May 19, 2020
The ones alive ona dey short pay them... God help us in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Ibegtodiffer: 7:10am On May 19, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol ofcourse they'd forget to address the obvious. If they committed fraud you'd expect prosecutions and audits of these universities. It's just funny how the dead have an easier time getting paid than the living.
That's the media trial antics. Even the number of ghost workers discovered as a result of joining IPPIS, since Non academics constitute 75% of University staff, nothing,. VC's that committed such crimes, no prosecution. But they blame ASUU for their mistakes of paying dead people salaries.

3 Likes

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by deolu2000(m): 7:11am On May 19, 2020
I thought IPPIS works on the basis of biometric capturing and enrollment, so if the institutions forwarded dead members names, were the dead members captured during the enrollment process and have IPPIS numbers from the grave? A lot of staffs are still own months of backlogs due to this IPPIS platform, yet the accountant general's office will not address thier issues.

2 Likes

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Bigleaf1006: 7:12am On May 19, 2020
Appswheel:
The case of ASUU vs FG/IPPIS is quite difficult to take sides.

First, the Universities are supposed to be independent.

Secondly, our lecturers are underpaid, now I just read that they are making tax deductions. So is it safe to conclude that the IPPIS was introduced to deduct tax from the lecturers' salary and to imagine that the deductions are not made from the basic salary?

I have some lecturer friends and I am not happy with the way they are treated. Generally, there is a need to treat teachers and lecturers right and then go ahead to address the many problems confronting our educational system. Government officials will always try to absolve themselves of any fault.

If I may ask, how are our universities engaging the undergraduates and postgraduate students now that they are at home...the Federal Government is not concerned about this...? how many of them have a functional e-learning portal?

If you are a student or lecturer that need a platform to distribute notes, recorded video and audio tutorials, get Q and A App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

Aren't they employees of government, how will an employee dictate how he is to be payed by his employer.

If they can effect full autonomy and see it through then u can say they can be independent.

The honest truth is that corruption in our ivory towers is unimaginable.

Though I will agree with you that this goverment is only smarter by half and are playing the ostrich on this matter.

IPPIS isn't the solution to revamp our educational sector.we need to go the whole gamut.
Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by thundafire: 7:14am On May 19, 2020
Appswheel:

Secondly, our lecturers are underpaid, now I just read that they are making tax deductions. So is it safe to conclude that the IPPIS was introduced to deduct tax from the lecturers' salary and to imagine that the deductions are not made from the basic salary?

I have some lecturer friends and I am not happy with the way they are treated. Generally, there is a need to treat teachers and lecturers right and then go ahead to address the many problems confronting our educational system. Government officials will always try to absolve themselves of any fault.

If I may ask, how are our universities engaging the undergraduates and postgraduate students now that they are at home...the Federal Government is not concerned about this...? how many of them have a functional e-learning portal?

If you are a student or lecturer that need a platform to distribute notes, recorded video and audio tutorials, get Q and A App from Playstore
ASUU lecturers including VC are thieves,y submit names of dead lecturers and do u know that VC and bursar are dey main culprits,once a lecturer dies dey process dey payment and pay dey family off,then they create another account with the same dead people's name and be paying salary inside. So don't u want tax to be deducted the lecturers shouting can they post their payslip

2 Likes

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Jeamillz2020(m): 7:15am On May 19, 2020
So if you die now your pikin no go dey collect your pension
Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by thundafire: 7:17am On May 19, 2020
funmike83:
Ippis is a scam . I don't know why they are centralising everything when the schools can be responsible for themselves. They are are shouting TSA upandan only for us to hear that they never audited this account ever since they strted and lots of fraud going on . they should expect more of this since Ippis can not distinguish the living from the dead.
shut up ask questions 1st,TSA is made up of all government ministries and agencies account,it was created to stop opening different account in the name of the agency to steal money, so any money withdrawn is from ur own account and not that of other ministries or agency
Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by gbengadada2004(m): 7:17am On May 19, 2020
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]
[s]
You can see how this one will likely volunteer to bail Shekau? ASUU fraudulently submitted dead people to inflate their personnel cost yet your concern is to divert attention to an issue that has no equivalence to it?

Some people will continue to disgrace themselves because they think fraud is the shortest route to success.[/s]

The various university management submitted the list not ASUU. The management that comprises the VC, DVCs, Registrar, Bursar and other top management officials are not the same as ASUU.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Ibegtodiffer: 7:22am On May 19, 2020
adekolaelect:
If these analyses is true ,ASSU is another pandemic virus depleting the progressive health of Nigeria interm of corruption. Why are they making noise up and down?? Why are they blaming IPPIS For their intensional sabotage by sending the list of dead people to IPPIS as their staff ? Bvn cannot recognise deed staffs without you (Assu )give appropriate information and If they say you should come in person/individual for verification more noise will still come out and the government too is not trust worthy. I am tired!!!!The peoples and the systems of this country is corrupted and scams.
Use your head oga. Does ASUU send list of University staff that should be paid salaries? Academic staff lecture, they're not in charge of Bursary. Moreover, why not make a case against the offenders (University administration) rather blame classroom lecturers?

2 Likes

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Modphase: 7:24am On May 19, 2020
No lecturer should be friend with you, each n every of your submission is clearly senseless. The lectures are underpaid, how does that justify the ills listed against them in the article n don't ASUU fight yearly for wage increment. What stop them from doing that again ?

Appswheel:

Re: IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG by Modphase: 7:28am On May 19, 2020
funmike83:
Ippis is a scam . I don't know why they are centralising everything when the schools can be responsible for themselves. They are are shouting TSA upandan only for us to hear that they never audited this account ever since they strted and lots of fraud going on . they should expect more of this since Ippis can not distinguish the living from the dead.
Are you making sense to yourself ? So in essence you expect a perfect system with computing. Did your teacher not teach you anything on garbage in n garbage out ?!

Every system need to be improved upon no matter how you look at it the IPPIS is what the university need to ascertained how much we spent on education, every other wail of yours is inconsequential.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Lecturers Reach Agreement With Reps, Await Buhari’s Approv / Amotekun Killed University Of Ibadan Student, Attacked Union Leaders - NANS / LASU Bans The Use Of Burka In The New School Dress Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.