Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,332 members, 7,957,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 (43497 Views)

Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 / The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu / Comparing The Deaths Of Ravi Zacharias And Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Timfreds(m): 9:24pm On May 19, 2020
A great defender of the faith. See you in Glory!
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Futurejoy(f): 9:25pm On May 19, 2020
Weebo:
My man after so much expectations of getting to heaven but finds out it doesn't exist and all his lifeswork was in vain
Only a fool says there is no God
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 19, 2020
Roon9:
"If Truth doesn't exist then it would be True that truth doesn't exist, and once again we arrive at Truth. There's no alternative; Truth must exist".

When God wants to drill a man,
And thrill a man,
And skill a man
When God wants to mold a man
To play the noblest part;

When He yearns with all His heart
To create so great and bold a man
That all the world shall be amazed,
Watch His methods, watch His ways!

How He ruthlessly perfects
Whom He royally elects!
How He hammers him and hurts him,
And with mighty blows converts him

Into trial shapes of clay which
Only God understands;
While his tortured heart is crying
And he lifts beseeching hands!

How He bends but never breaks
When his good He undertakes;
How He uses whom He chooses,
And which every purpose fuses him;
By every act induces him
To try His splendor out-
God knows what He’s about.

I don't suppose that Dr Ravi wrote this poem but as far as I know he won't preach without at least alluding to it. For me it has become like a creed...A code with which I have lived by for over 11 years now. Needless to point out how refreshing those words always feel whenever I say them out loud in my darkest moments.

During my undergrad days, whenever I have a depressing bout I'd just lay on my bed and then put on Dr Ravi's podcast on my phone, as his soothing voice dissects God's word of hope and truth. 1000/1000 I wake up refreshed and happy to face the new day and its challenges.

The World has lost an end time General, a Quintessential Apologist, a most logical mind and a great great man of God. Aside the death of my father, I don't think the demise of anyone else has gotten to me half as much as this.
Rest in perfect Dr. Ravi Zacharias. May God grant Mag and your kids the fortitude to bear this monumental loss. Amen!

Saints don't die.
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by wasi9ice: 9:39pm On May 19, 2020
May his Soul Rest in peace
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by gaiusolayinka: 9:41pm On May 19, 2020
Empiree:
thank God you quoted Paul. In his head he said you are set free. He formed his own religion in lieu of Jesus teachings

Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,

Hebrew 6:1

But Jesus said

Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. Mathew 5:17

Here Paul admitted he lied

For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?"

(Rom. 3.7)

Your submissions are based on a non-contextual citation of scripture. In which you intend to bring to discordance well aligned truth for your own gain.

I will only engage you when you are ready for a thorough scriptural search not the cherry picking you are doing
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by ArewaFanatic(m): 10:48pm On May 19, 2020
I have never been a fan of Ravi Zacharias or his ministry. Although I began following the ministry in 2013 (reading the books of many of its apologists such as Nabeel Qureshi's "Seeking Allah Finding Jesus" and Ravi Zacharias' own "Atonement" as well as watching their debates), I never found anything intriguing in either its case for the truth of Christianity or its style of preaching the gospel. I have always criticized it and perhaps will do continue to.
Should I drop disagreement of theology however, I must admit that Ravi is a brilliant folk. The fluidity with which RZIM is run, the tolerable level of freedom of thought allowed its apologists and many others such features undoubtedly are ones which makes it worthy of envy. When Nabeel Qureshi introduced his "three whos, one what" as a way of explaining the conundrum of the trinity, he enjoyed the graceful platforms of RZIM. Never was he censored despite loads of christians accusing him of the heresy of tritheism. Abdu Murray today, the director of RZIM's apologetics wing does not use such terminology. His preference seems to be at challenging muslims and using the "minimal facts hypothesis" as evidence for Christianity than trying to explain complicated doctrines as "the trinity".
The greatest coup of RZIM was perhaps how it managed the accusations of academic fraud against Ravi Zacharias. Unlike many ministries would do, the organization simply ignored it (Ravi issuing an ambiguous statement against it). And against what everyone expected, the noise died. There was no statement issued by Ridley Hall or Cambridge University in connection with the accusation despite the wild interest the accusation generated and the demand by the public. That alone says quite a lot.
Ravi Zacharias was never a leading thinker in the field of christian apologetics, at least not in the same level as William Lane Craig, Gary Habermas, Mike Licona and may be James White. He however was fiery enough to make him an interesting character. Unlike many whose faith in fact seems very feeble, there is no doubt that Ravi believed firmly in Christianity. The sincerity with which he preached is one I pray that many of his fellow apologists develop.
I can only say "RIP" to his soul. He will not be missed though. Christianity has more than enough to replace him

1 Like

Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Angelacruz: 10:57pm On May 19, 2020
Bcus he supported n believed in christ
michaelwilli:
but why is he called an apologist?
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Angelacruz: 10:58pm On May 19, 2020
Not fair
Kokoebapluse:
grin

Name of Jesus always fail when it come to healing of HIV, Cancer, corona.
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 19, 2020
bukatyne:

He was a Christian.

Nothing like 'Christian Apologist'. angry
He was both.
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Luizville(m): 11:14pm On May 19, 2020
Rest in peace sir Dr Ravi. Thank you heavenly father for the gift of his life. His podcasts (Let My People Think) helped me a lot.
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Image123(m): 11:31pm On May 19, 2020
Dr. Ravi Zacharias. Rest in peace sir. Till we meet in Heaven.
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by aleruoluwafemi: 11:31pm On May 19, 2020
For those of you trying to profane the name of Jesus. The question to you what has the name of your own God or god or the founder of your faith been able to do. The pages of the scriptures is filled with the evidence of miracles done at the name of Jesus.
Tell us what has the name of your God or god or leader does?
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by CelestineNelson: 11:37pm On May 19, 2020
David wood am waiting for your video on youtube on this...
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Empiree: 11:52pm On May 19, 2020
Story. My posts open the door. So you have the floor, sir.
gaiusolayinka:

Your submissions are based on a non-contextual citation of scripture. In which you intend to bring to discordance well aligned truth for your own gain.

I will only engage you when you are ready for a thorough scriptural search not the cherry picking you are doing
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by DriggityDre: 12:03am On May 20, 2020
Nooil:

Sometimes, I try to read up on this cancer stuff, research bla bla. But I'm not a medical student and its really a lot of information to digest.

Sometimes even healthy living might not be the solution. Dr. Esselstyn and his diet come to mind.
Ah, yes. I agree to this.
Lol, you don't have to be a med student before you read this kinda stuff.
Personal development is key cool
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by moreb2cum: 12:46am On May 20, 2020
Empiree:
Is New Living Translation lying?.

Are all righteous people before Jesus died in vain?

Abraham baba igbàgbó also died in vain, abi?

Are prophets and messangers of God before Jesus died in vain, too?

Matthew 12:21

Ni Oruko Jesu ni awon keferi gbon Kan le ISV.

No wonder Nigerian Christians always chant "In Jesus name". Keferi ni yin

Matthew 12:18-22 KJV
Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew i judgment to the Gentiles. [19] ... [21] And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Yes, we are all Gentiles.

Acts 28:28 KJV
Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by victordaimond: 12:48am On May 20, 2020
RIP Sir.
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Nobody: 5:29am On May 20, 2020
DriggityDre:
Ah, yes. I agree to this.
Lol, you don't have to be a med student before you read this kinda stuff.
Personal development is key cool

Of course. I read some. But then there are others with lots of medical and scientific terms. It could be frustrating reading through them. That's why some sites would prefer to hire writers with medical experience to break down some of these terms and make it readable for their target audience.

1 Like

Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Empiree: 5:42am On May 20, 2020
moreb2cum:

Matthew 12:18-22 KJV
Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew i judgment to the Gentiles. [19] ... [21] And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Yes, we are all Gentiles.

Acts 28:28 KJV
Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
This is Paul speaking which contradicts Jesus own words, that he was ONLY sent to lost sheep of Israel Matthew 15:24 which was foretold here Matthew 1:21, Matthew 2:6, Luke 2:34. Paul on the other hand was gentile. Paul and Jesus are two opposite sides. You can see those verses restricted Jesus mission to his people, Israelis. You are not Israelite. You are Nigerian shocked
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by moreb2cum: 6:19am On May 20, 2020
Empiree:
This is Paul speaking which contradicts Jesus own words, that he was ONLY sent to lost sheep of Israel Matthew 15:24 which was foretold here Matthew 1:21, Matthew 2:6, Luke 2:34. Paul on the other hand was gentile. Paul and Jesus are two opposite sides. You can see those verses restricted Jesus mission to his people, Israelis. You are not Israelite. You are Nigerian shocked
Now I see where you're coming from. May God the father of all truth lead you into His glorious truth someday. Peace
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by sagenaija: 7:29am On May 20, 2020
May the Lord comfort his family and friends.
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Empiree: 9:42am On May 20, 2020
moreb2cum:

Now I see where you're coming from. May God the father of all truth lead you into His glorious truth someday. Peace
prayer lo ba de grin cheesy His glorious truth is what I just exposed you to. That's, Jesus has nothing to do with you. He was not sent to you. The prophet sent to you is mentioned in Deuteronomy 18:18, Muhammad.

Go and have a rethink. Have a good day.
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by gaiusolayinka: 10:56am On May 20, 2020
ArewaFanatic:
I have never been a fan of Ravi Zacharias or his ministry. Although I began following the ministry in 2013 (reading the books of many of its apologists such as Nabeel Qureshi's "Seeking Allah Finding Jesus" and Ravi Zacharias' own "Atonement" as well as watching their debates), I never found anything intriguing in either its case for the truth of Christianity or its style of preaching the gospel. I have always criticized it and perhaps will do continue to.
Should I drop disagreement of theology however, I must admit that Ravi is a brilliant folk. The fluidity with which RZIM is run, the tolerable level of freedom of thought allowed its apologists and many others such features undoubtedly are ones which makes it worthy of envy. When Nabeel Qureshi introduced his "three whos, one what" as a way of explaining the conundrum of the trinity, he enjoyed the graceful platforms of RZIM. Never was he censored despite loads of christians accusing him of the heresy of tritheism. Abdu Murray today, the director of RZIM's apologetics wing does not use such terminology. His preference seems to be at challenging muslims and using the "minimal facts hypothesis" as evidence for Christianity than trying to explain complicated doctrines as "the trinity".
The greatest coup of RZIM was perhaps how it managed the accusations of academic fraud against Ravi Zacharias. Unlike many ministries would do, the organization simply ignored it (Ravi issuing an ambiguous statement against it). And against what everyone expected, the noise died. There was no statement issued by Ridley Hall or Cambridge University in connection with the accusation despite the wild interest the accusation generated and the demand by the public. That alone says quite a lot.
Ravi Zacharias was never a leading thinker in the field of christian apologetics, at least not in the same level as William Lane Craig, Gary Habermas, Mike Licona and may be James White. He however was fiery enough to make him an interesting character. Unlike many whose faith in fact seems very feeble, there is no doubt that Ravi believed firmly in Christianity. The sincerity with which he preached is one I pray that many of his fellow apologists develop.
I can only say "RIP" to his soul. He will not be missed though. Christianity has more than enough to replace him

I love the way you write, and your submissions are kind and sincere.
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by posterity(m): 4:02pm On May 20, 2020
Ravi Zacharias: Tribute to a Pious Exemplar

I mourn from a distance, bacause, I never met him, but he has been a ubiquitous figure during my nascent adulthood till now.. I would read his books, listen to his messages and podcast and, everytime, I learnt something new. It was refreshing listening to a Christian Apologist who not only understood the mesaage but lived his life to the dictates and injunctions of the Bible. He was meek, gentle, discerning, committed, honest, passionate, spiritual and, dare I say - immaculate.

He had an infectious wisdom that gives calm to even the most hostile of question and environment. He would say " there is no need to give someone a rose to smell when you cut off their nose." I remembered when he told the story of his suicidal experience and the accompanying Bible passage his grand mother gave him to read, which says, "because I live, you also shall live." After that, he has spent the rest of his life trying to make "the believer think, and thinker believe." He was inimitable in his delivery of masterful messages that are refulgent to the denuded mind.

When I listened to "the haunting specter of guilty", I was my God, such a profound message, and it could only be delivered with such acute transcendence by only Ravi zacharias. Whenever he rendered the parable of the madman by Nietzsche it came with new and trenchant insight and always reinforced the message that humanity cannot live and thrive in a Godless universe. With Ravi gone to meet "The Grand Weaver" , mankind has lost one of its spiritual, family and moral Vanguards.

Time has watered his deed and he will now forever be remembered as one of the greatest Apologist of the Christian faith. And it behooves those of us whom his messages touched and bleesed to continue the good fight through our deeds, life, and actions; else, the fate of mankind may be left in the hand of fools and immoralitist.

Goodbye My Dear Ravi Zacharias; you were truly an Apologist with a Touch.
Cordially,
A Transformed Son.
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by zexy2030(m): 4:50pm On May 20, 2020
A renown lawyer with absolute authority on the truths. RIP raregem.
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by PrinceAyke: 8:26pm On May 20, 2020
Righteousness89:
To Live is Christ to Die is Gain...

As long as Papa Died in JESUS He is in the Best place of Life...

GLORY! Glory! Glory!

Leaving this Earth with JESUS is an Experience that is Undescribable! It's Superfluous! It's Fabulously Fabulous! It's Joyously Joyfulness! O My GOD! Nothing can be Compared to it!

In the past few weeks 2 people who I know closely left the Earth.

One was a Brother in the LORD.. Sold out to GOD. A GENUIE Believer. When I was told of his death, I Screamed.. but I wasn't so pained because I know where he is. Few days later I was told that right in the hospital bed just before he died. His wife came to Change his Cloths and put new clothes on him. He told the wife not to worry about Changing his Cloths. In his Words

"Don't Change me, The angels are here already! Can't you see them"

O my GOD ! What a Glorious way to depart

He saw the host of Heaven who had come to usher him To Heaven and he didn't want his wife to do anything that will keep here on Earth! O My GOD! That is how I Pray to Get out from This Earth.

The Second guy just passed away few days ago! A bubbling young man who had the World at his feet! A young Military officer doing Very well!

I can't say about him Cos I don't know if he was saved or not Before he died! We grew up together as kids in the barracks and we went to the same church as youths with our parents! All I could say when I heard of his death was A Glorious future has been cut short!

What am I saying?
Having JESUS Is the Greatest Gift you can give your Soul

Sudden Death......Sudden Glory

I'm sure you're talking about Lt Comm Chikezie Okoro. We all grew up together

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Righteousness89(m): 8:53am On May 21, 2020
PrinceAyke:

I'm sure you're talking about Lt Comm Chikezie Okoro. We all grew up together
You are Right bro!
An talking about Chike!

How did u know that?

Such a painful death of a bubbling young man..

I have known him from primary school ..

We attended the same secondary school

We virtually lived together growing up.

Our Families were sooo close..

Sooooo Painful.... very painful death!

This Life is not Worth kill Yourself for!

Just live According to GOD Precepts and when you are called you go home
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Ayobami7(m): 12:46pm On May 21, 2020
Rip
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Perfectbeing(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2020
When death meets with human, biological life, life dies. But when death meets with eternal life, death itself dies!

1 Like

Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by Greatsol: 3:57pm On Jun 21, 2021
@ gaiusolayinka

SCAMMER
Re: Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 by gaiusolayinka: 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2021
Greatsol:
@ gaiusolayinka

SCAMMER

Let anyone who has ever been scammed by me come with an evidence. Scamming is for cheap persons. Great men would rather die in their nobility

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque / Bishop Oyedepo: 'What Will Happen If Nigeria Becomes An Islamic Nation' / Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.