Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,646 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu (1453 Views)

Comparing The Deaths Of Ravi Zacharias And Muhammad / Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 / Ravi Zacharias Death Is Untrue - Spiritual Leader Is Still Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2020
The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal

By: Deji Yesufu

Ravi Zacharias died of Cancer on 19th May, 2020. He was 74 years old. Until his death, Zacharias was the president of the Ravi Zacharias International Ministry (RZIM). It is a $40 million ministry that has a number of brilliant Christian apologists in its employment who transverse the world, preaching the gospel and helping people of differing religious perspectives understand the gospel and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Ravi Zacharias is still regarded as one of the greatest Christian apologists that ever lived. His ability to brilliantly express the gospel in almost philosophical but relevant terms has endeared him to millions of people around the world. In his teens, Ravi had initially regarded himself as an atheist. But following a failed suicide attempt and while reading the Bible in the hospital, Ravi came to an understanding of the gospel and never looked back. He continued to preach the gospel of Christ all around the world; ministering in no less than 70 countries and authoring 30 books in a space of 48 years. Around January 2020, doctors discovered a malignant tumor in Zacharias while he had undergoing back surgery. He began to receive treatment but it was discovered that the cancer was a rapidly spreading type. He would eventually be released from hospital to die peacefully at home a few months later.
In the summer of 2017, Ravi Zacharias filed a federal suit claiming that one Brad and Lori Ann Thompson were seeking to extort him of millions of dollars, after a friendly correspondence via email that he (Ravi) had begun with Lori Ann (the wife) had evolved to Mrs. Thompson sending him “unwanted, offensive, sexually explicit languages and pictures”. Ravi stated that he had implored the woman to stop sending these lewd messages his way and had to finally cut off communications from her. Only for him to receive a letter from the couple’s lawyer demanding that Zacharias pay them a sum of $5 million so as to effect a non-disclosure agreement between them and him. Zacharias said he immediately informed the board of RZIM and they counseled him to seek legal redress on the matter.

The RZIM is a Christian ministry that is run largely on believers’ donations to the organizations. These donations come in various ways. One way is through luncheons, where individuals are invited to hear Ravi Zacharias speak and are encouraged to give towards certain ministry endeavors. Brad and Lorie Ann Thompson, a Canadian couple based in the USA, met Ravi Zacharias in one of such luncheons in 2014. The RZIM had invited the couple and Brad had sponsored a table in the meeting and had gone ahead to support the RZIM financially too. Brad Thompson is a Christian business man who uses much of his funds to support Christian ministries around the world. After the luncheon that night, Zacharias gave the couple his personal email address and requested that they keep in touch. At first, correspondence between them was mostly between the three but Brad is very poor with responding to emails, so eventually communications was reduced to between Zacharias and Lori Ann alone.

When the matter blew into public knowledge, Ravi Zacharias published a statement in December 2017, stating his mistakes in the whole matter: “I have learned a difficult and painful lesson through this ordeal. I have failed to exercise caution and protect myself from even the appearance of impropriety, and for that I am profoundly sorry. I have acknowledged this to my Lord, my wife, my children, and our ministry board, and my colleagues. After Zacharias filed the lawsuit, the two parties decided to settle out of court and sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) in November 2017. The couple, however, has since been protesting Ravi Zacharias’ December 2017 statement as a violation of the NDA that was signed by the two parties. They say that though they intend to keep their own side of the agreement, Zacharias had reneged on his agreement and had opened them up to ridicule by the public; as his statement had painted Lori Ann as the aggressor. They insist that the true picture of things was hidden by Zacharias in the statement.

After Ravi Zacharias died in May 2020, the couple reached out to RZIM and requested a release from the NDA they had signed in 2017. RZIM did not respond to their request. Unable to speak on the matter, other parties involved with the family have since taken up the matter. First there was Lori Ann’s sister, Tamara Battiste, who had suffered sexual molestation herself in life but who was in the know of the whole story. In mid-2016, Lori Ann had shared her “love story” with Ravi Zacharias with Tamara. Tamara immediately felt that this did not sound like a love relationship but a situation where an older man (Zacharias was no less than 30 years older than Lori Ann) was taking advantage of a vulnerable woman – the age of his own children. Tamara helped her sister to see the destructive nature of the relationship and encouraged Lori Ann to seek counseling with some Christian counsellors – Jerry and Denise Basel.

Lori Ann went to see the Basels in October 2016. By this time, she was already becoming disillusioned; not very sure what the nature of her relationship with Ravi Zacharias was. While at the Basels, Lori explained to them everything that had happened between her and Zacharias. According to a written statement by Lori Ann, which was made available to a blogger, Julie Roys, by Tamara Battiste – Lory’s sister, Zacharias had requested that Lori and himself begin to have private communications between themselves alone via email – cutting off Brad entirely. As the correspondence between the two proceeded, Zacharias requested that Lori Anne obtain a blackberry messenger app on her phone, with which he would be able to communicate with her with little or no records of their communications. All of these began in the first quarter of 2016. One day, Zacharias expressed his love for Lori Ann and said that his marriage to his wife was some kind of contractual relationship. He was however finding a lot of joy in his new found relationship with Lori. At this point, he began to request that she sends pictures of herself to him. Gradually, he began to prod her to send seminude pictures to him; until one day he told her to him full nude pictures. This Lori Ann gradually did, having been swept away by the promise of love from Zacharias and having been tempered by his awesome speaking abilities and vast experience. The two would usually engage in “phone intimacy” but they never met physically, nor were there any sexual relations between them. When Zacharias was 70 years old in 2016, Lori Ann sent special nude pictures of herself to him as a gift. Zacharias responded in kind by sending her gifts of necklaces and scarfs from his trip to India. They were in the middle of this virtual sex relationship when Lori’s sister encouraged her to seek counseling.

The Basels helped Lori to realize that she had been taken advantage of by Ravi Zacharias and that their relationship was sinful. They encouraged her to tell her husband everything that happened between her and Ravi Zacharias. But before doing that, they told her to send Zacharias an email to bring an end to the whole relationship. Records of emails state the following:

While with her counsellors on 29th October, 2016, Lori Ann sent this email to Ravi Zacharias:

Lorie: “…(I) no longer (wish to) continue (with) what I know to be sin against God and each of our spouses… I would be informing my husband of our illicit affair later this evening… I have no control over how Brad will respond to or handle the information but I can no longer hold this secret and its soul searing shame… if one of my daughters was approached by a man thirty years her senior in a position of power and thrust, and this type of thing had occurred, I would be furious with him. I suspect so would you if it were one of your precious girls… Your sir, are that man. You took advantage of a devastated daughter, and left her devoured again. I am so appalled I allowed myself to enter into this level of deception. You took and I gave a part of my soul and later my body that was not yours. The investment in relationship from taking my email to taking off my clothes makes me weep with the despair; feeling desolate, devastated and disgusted… I request you do not reply this email as I simply cannot hear from you or see you ever again…”

Zacharias (3 hours later): “Are you going to tell him it’s me?”

No response from Lori Ann.

Zacharias: “You promised you wouldn’t Lori Anne. If. You betray me here I will have no option but to bid this world goodbye I promise.”

No response.

Zacharias: “Can we meet at lest(sic) once before you do this? Please please.”

No response.

Zacharias: “Little did I know that was the most dark and accursed day of my life. You will not hear from me again.”

No response from Lori Ann.

But her counsellors now respond.

Basels: We are lori Anne’s counsellors and she is currently receiving intensive counseling with us to find healing and restoration for her marriage. It is not her intent to share what has happened to anyone except her husband – which is necessary for any hope of marital restoration. And we are bound by confidentiality. We need some assurance from you that you will not harm yourself. Otherwise, we will find it necessary to contact 911 in your location. We await your prompt response. Thank you.

Three minutes later, Zacharias responds: I am fine Thank you. I am just concerned about her. Thank you please tell her I am praying for her. She is very much in my prayers.

Lori confessed to her husband that night.

(I have tried to retain most of the spelling mistakes in the original written emails between the two parties here.)

Brad Thompson was devastated. But he was also committed to saving his marriage and helping his wife through those difficult times. He immediately entered into counseling with the Basels. During counseling Brad was willing to forgive Ravi Zacharias and let the matter die down. In fact he had sent Zacharias a message stating that he and his wife had moved on despite the pain that the situation had caused them. Zacharias responded by thanking him and promising to be a better person. But in the first quarter of 2016, the Thompsons felt that if a 70 year old man could do this to a woman about the age of his own daughter, it is likely he had been doing this to other women also. They felt duty bound to instigate a process that would discourage Zacharias from doing this to other women. At first they thought of going to report Zacharias to the board of RZIM but they learnt that the board consisted essentially of Zacharias, his wife and daughter. They did not think that such a board, that had mostly family members, would be able to take a non-bias decision on Zacharias. Then they thought of contacting reputable magazines but they realized that if they did that, the story could blow out of proportion and further exacerbate the suicidal state the two of them were in. Their lawyer would eventually suggest bringing Zacharias to a non-disclosure agreement after Zacharias had paid a sum of $5 million. They felt the money attached to it will make Zacharias take the matter seriously. And he did. Ravi Zacharias would immediately institute a legal process that led ultimately to a signed NDA in November 2017 but which the couple allege Zacharias broke in December of the same year with his statement on the allegation that he released to the press that painted the couple as the aggressors.

Even with the death of Zacharias this year, the Thompsons are still legally bound not to talk about the whole matter to the press. The information that we have on this allegation are from written documents by Brad and Lorie Ann from November 2016, written about a year before the couple entered into an NDA with Ravi Zacharias in 2017. The couple had sought to be released from the oath of silence but the RZIM has not responded to them. Letters of enquiries, written to RZIM by the blogger that made this story public, were not responded to. It is likely that the RZIM, which is headed by one of Zacharias daughters, will still respond to these latest allegations. But as at the time this article was written, they have not given a public statement on the matter.

In my next blog post, I would be stating my personal opinion on this matter.

Ravi Zacharias statement on this issue here
The Roys Report Part One
The Roys Report Part Two
The Roys Report Part Three

Source: https://textandpublishing.com/the-ravi-zacharias-sex-scandal/

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2020
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by jekagadura: 8:09am On Sep 23, 2020
All of this nonsense after the man had died? Mehn enough popcorn and milk for me on the judgment day...

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by petra1(m): 8:43am On Sep 23, 2020
VBCampaign:
Further thoughts on the scandal...

Either its true or not. Lets Pubish the Good news of the kingdom not bad news. It should not be from you the Phillstines should hear that Saul has perish.

2Sa 1:17 — 2Sa 1:20
Then David composed a funeral song for Saul and Jonathan. . Oh, how have the mighty fallen!
Don’t announce the news in Gath,
don’t proclaim it in the streets of Ashkelon,
or the daughters of the Philistines will rejoice
and the pagans will laugh in triumph

2 Likes

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by PastorAIO: 8:55am On Sep 23, 2020
So you admit that there is bad news in your kingdom. Well done.

petra1:

Either its true or not. Lets Pubish the Good news of the kingdom not bad news. It should not be from you the Phillstines should hear that Saul has perish.

Then David composed a funeral song for Saul and Jonathan. . Oh, how have the mighty fallen!

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by petra1(m): 9:16am On Sep 23, 2020
PastorAIO:

Allegations either true or false is still bad news. Christian work is evangelism and Soulwinning.
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 3:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
PastorAIO:

Are you an atheist now? Referencing "your kingdom". I knew this handle from way back Nairaland
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by PastorAIO: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nope. But I acknowledge that different theists have different beliefs different from mine. Hence YOUR kingdom.

VBCampaign:

Are you an atheist now? Referencing "your kingdom". I knew this handle from way back Nairaland
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 5:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
PastorAIO:
Nope. But I acknowledge that different theists have different beliefs different from mine. Hence YOUR kingdom.

Noted
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Image123(m): 12:26am On Sep 24, 2020
Lol, complete coc.k and bull from a known extortionist and blackmailer.
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 12:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
Image123:

Really? What about this??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vTB15azb0A

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Acehart: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
There is no such thing as a great man of God, only weak, pitiful, faithless men of a great and merciful God.”

Paul Washer

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by PastorAIO: 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2020
VBCampaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vTB15azb0A

Na Ihedinobi go fit stand in for Ravi Zacharias as him na the number one disciple.

For me personally, I think Ravi Zacharias’ greatest crime is his butchering of logic and simple argumentations in his lectures.
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by PastorAIO: 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2020
Image123:

Known extortionist and blackmailer?

What other extortion and blackmail was she known for?
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by PastorAIO: 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2020
But this is not what you people claim. You say that you are changed. That the things you used to do do not appeal to you anymore. That it is the Holy Spirit that acts through you.

When it comes time to point to one single Christian who has been saved from human wretchedness and that we can actually scrutinise that is when you all run away.

Acehart:
There is no such thing as a great man of God, only weak, pitiful, faithless men of a great and merciful God.”

Paul Washer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Acehart: 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
PastorAIO:
But this is not what you people claim. You say that you are changed. That the things you used to do do not appeal to you anymore. That it is the Holy Spirit that acts through you.

When it comes time to point to one single Christian who has been saved from human wretchedness and that we can actually scrutinise that is when you all run away.

I'd like to ask you this: Who is "you people"? Since you seem biased already, I have nothing to tell you than that question - Who is "you people"?

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by apstpaulg(m): 5:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
There are "3" major things that amount to the fall of great men (especially Men-of-God)...
(1) MONEY
(2) SEX
(3) PRIDE

BELIEVE THAT!

Apostle Paul Eshiet
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
VBCampaign:
Lori Ann went to see the Basels in October 2016. By this time, she was already becoming disillusioned; not very sure what the nature of her relationship with Ravi Zacharias was. While at the Basels, Lori explained to them everything that had happened between her and Zacharias. According to a written statement by Lori Ann, which was made available to a blogger, Julie Roys, by Tamara Battiste – Lory’s sister, Zacharias had requested that Lori and himself begin to have private communications between themselves alone via email – cutting off Brad entirely. As the correspondence between the two proceeded, Zacharias requested that Lori Anne obtain a blackberry messenger app on her phone, with which he would be able to communicate with her with little or no records of their communications. All of these began in the first quarter of 2016.

One day, Zacharias expressed his love for Lori Ann and said that his marriage to his wife was some kind of contractual relationship. He was however finding a lot of joy in his new found relationship with Lori. At this point, he began to request that she sends pictures of herself to him. Gradually, he began to prod her to send seminude pictures to him; until one day he told her to him full nude pictures.

This Lori Ann gradually did, having been swept away by the promise of love from Zacharias and having been tempered by his awesome speaking abilities and vast experience. The two would usually engage in “phone intimacy” but they never met physically, nor were there any sexual relations between them. When Zacharias was 70 years old in 2016, Lori Ann sent special nude pictures of herself to him as a gift. Zacharias responded in kind by sending her gifts of necklaces and scarfs from his trip to India. They were in the middle of this virtual sex relationship when Lori’s sister encouraged her to seek counseling.
"2And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon.
3And David sent and inquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?
4And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house.
5And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with child.
"
- 2 Samuel 11:2:5

VBCampaign, thank you sharing this. Bible 101, always extract yourself "saremosa" from compromising situation fiam fiam. See how A&E ended. See how king David ended?

Why would a married man for crying out not put his foot down and explicitly decline, there and then any future unsolicited au naturel picture(s)

Come to think of it, I only heard him glowingly speaking of his two missionary daughters but doubt I ever heard him talk about his missus. In a weird way, kind of reminds me of Ted Haggard. Do you remember Ted Haggard, hmm? Who would of thunk? Constanlt bible bashing SSA couples from the bullpiss, sorry was it meant to be unholy pulpit, yet he was cheating on his wife with a man, and top getting high as a kite on meth and lying to his missus while meeting up with the same male prostitute for three years before he got bust

Image123:
You want to turn a blind eye to the mounting evidence(s) ni, hmm?

VBCampaign:

h t tps://youtu.be/8vTB15azb0A
Oops! You bad gidigan ni oo. The world is getting smaller and smaller with nowhere anymore in peace, to hide anything
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Image123(m): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
PastorAIO:

Known extortionist and blackmailer?

What other extortion and blackmail was she known for?

https://www.thebanner.org/news/2011/01/lawsuit-filed-against-ontario-pastor-church
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Image123(m): 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
Accusations after a man's death are accusations,not mounting evidence. There is no shred of evidence here, the man spoke clearly for himself when alive. It's very easy to accuse a dead man. Abacha is the only thief President in Nigeria because he is dead.
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
Image123:
https://www.thebanner.org/news/2011/01/lawsuit-filed-against-ontario-pastor-church
This link has nothing to do with person(s) mentioned in VBCampaign's original post nah
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Image123(m): 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
This link has nothing to do with person(s) mentioned in VBCampaign's original post nah

That's her husband.
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
Image123:
Accusations after a man's death are accusations, not mounting evidence. There is no shred of evidence here, the man spoke clearly for himself when alive. It's very easy to accuse a dead man. Abacha is the only thief President in Nigeria because he is dead.
Have you at all watched the followed up video VBCampaign put up there?

Did you notice how he hurriedly went to his website to retract damaging evidence that shows he was exaggerating about his academics et cetera?
Do you know him when still alive and his outfit were informed he is being investigated to establish the truth about claims he's made, hmm?
Do you know they were given a chance to respond but they buried their heads in sand doing an incommunicado, hmm?
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2020
VBCampaign:
The RZIM is a Christian ministry that is run largely on believers’ donations to the organizations. These donations come in various ways. One way is through luncheons, where individuals are invited to hear Ravi Zacharias speak and are encouraged to give towards certain ministry endeavors. Brad and Lorie Ann Thompson, a Canadian couple based in the USA, met Ravi Zacharias in one of such luncheons in 2014. The RZIM had invited the couple and Brad had sponsored a table in the meeting and had gone ahead to support the RZIM financially too. Brad Thompson is a Christian business man who uses much of his funds to support Christian ministries around the world. After the luncheon that night, Zacharias gave the couple his personal email address and requested that they keep in touch.

At first, correspondence between them was mostly between the three but Brad is very poor with responding to emails, so eventually communications was reduced to between Zacharias and Lori Ann alone.
How convenient.

MuttleyLaff:

Image123:
That's her husband.
[img]https://s8/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]

So a man cant anymore, legitimately accuse a pastor, if he thinks the pastor has abused his position of influence in a counseling relationship to further his own business interests and those of his family by obtaining loans and investments from the plaintiff, hmm?
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
How convenient.

[img]https://s8/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]

So a man cant anymore, legitimately accuse a pastor, if he thinks the pastor has abused his position of influence in a counseling relationship to further his own business interests and those of his family by obtaining loans and investments from the plaintiff, hmm?

God bless you Muttley... Image123 cannot change

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 7:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
VBCampaign:
God bless you Muttley... Image123 cannot change
"8The people I am talking about are behaving just like those dreamers who destroyed their own bodies. T
hey reject all authority and insult angels.
10Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct
--as irrational animals do--will destroy them.
"
Jude 1:8 &10

God bless everyone of us. If I were a betting person, I would bet that, if this is a slander, there must be some element of truth somewhere behind in it all. This isn't your typical Jude 1:8 &10 or the 2 Peter 2 earlier before Jude mentioned by Apostle Peter. All that "bigging" himself up when actually Cambridge replied back they have no record of him teaching there swayed sympathy votes away from him. Even the doctorate title seems bogus too sef ...
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by sholay2011(m): 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
petra1:

I so much love this response. Perfect.

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 5:43am On Sep 25, 2020
VBCampaign:
Further thoughts on the scandal...

https://textandpublishing.com/the-ravi-zacharias-sex-scandal-my-thoughts/

petra1:

2 Samuel 1:17, 19 & 20
17Then David composed a funeral song for Saul and Jonathan ..
19Oh, how have the mighty fallen!
20Don’t announce the news in Gath,
and the pagans will laugh in triumph.

sholay2011:
I so much love this response. Perfect.

By Deji Yesufu:
The Ravi Zacharias sexting scandal is a very humbling matter.

Many Christians would prefer we do not discuss these issues at all. But I think we should; it will offer opportunity for all of us to examine those healthy boundaries we ought to have. And where we are falling short of, we make double effort to reinforce probity in those areas.

Even after death, this scandal is still swooning around the Ravi Zacharias Ministry. His wife, daughters and ministry associates are the ones left to make a defense for his reputation at the moment. All of these could have been avoided if certain basic things were done.
Fyi, 2 Samuel 1:20 is not a precept.

We can learn great things from others mistakes, if we aren't busy trying to bury them or sweep them under the carpet, and pretending they never happened. We learn from hearing about the mistake of others, we can't live long enough to personally make them, make all mistakes ourselves, but once we are made aware of them, we get to know how to with automatic alacrity extract ourselves from them if they should present themselves.

From sharing this, we learn how to not take precautionary certain basic things for granted or undone.

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by petra1(m): 5:59am On Sep 25, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Fyi, 2 Samuel 1:20 is not a precept.

We can learn great things from others mistakes, if we aren't busy trying to bury them or sweep them under the carpet, and pretending they never happened. . .,

Matthew 7:3
“And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own?

You can start with yours . .your church ,your Pastor.

1 Peter 4:15
But let none of you suffer as a . . .busybody in other men's matters.

Besides many accusations are known to be false. Dead man is not there to defend himself
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by PastorAIO: 5:59am On Sep 25, 2020
Are you suggesting that abacha was not a thief because the accusations came after he died. So in your opinion dying exonerates you from any crimes you may have committed in life. I siooose he also had all those qualifications too because he is dead.

Image123:
Accusations after a man's death are accusations,not mounting evidence. There is no shred of evidence here, the man spoke clearly for himself when alive. It's very easy to accuse a dead man. Abacha is the only thief President in Nigeria because he is dead.

2 Likes

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by PastorAIO: 6:07am On Sep 25, 2020
The hypocrisy of ‘Christians’ is second to none. Ever ready to overlook the crimes and repulsiveness of some while super eager to condemn others. That’s how some are ready to die for trump calling him god’s Cyrus etc. While in their eyes Obama was the Antichrist.

Everything they do just tallies with whatever prejudices they were already harbouring. Nasty prejudices. They thereby use Christianity as a tool to facilitate their nastiest inclinations instead of a tool to help them rise and become better people.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 6:39am On Sep 25, 2020
petra1:
Matthew 7:3
And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own?"

You can start with yours ... your church, your Pastor.

1 Peter 4:15
But let none of you suffer as a . . .busybody in other men's matters
Please continue with veiled rudeness, OK?

You aren't making any sense, you're talking like someone's house is on fire, but you're advising me to ignore pointing to it, and to worry about my house that's not on your fire, to start with my house thats not on fire. Where at all is any sense in that?

petra1:
Besides many accusations are known to be false. Dead man is not there to defend himself
He was given ample time and warning to defend himself when healthy and very much alive, but what did he do. He removed incriminating evidences on his website (i.e. false claims he himself put up on it about himself) and went incommunicado not addressing concerns put directly to him and to his ministry outfit about claims he's made that dont add up et cetera

(1) (2) (Reply)

NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors / Abomination! Beyonce Starts Her Own Church Called "The National Church Of Bey / There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.