Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) (5478 Views)

Rita Dominic Celebrates Her 46th Birthday Today (Pictures) / Banky W Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today (Pictures, Video) / Veteran Yoruba Actor, Alhaji Tajudeen Abija Turns 60 Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 19, 2020
Where is Onyeaka Oweonu? I haven't seen her lately in music or film?

traihit:
Lagbaja in Yoruba means 'somebody ' (literally 'anonymous'). Artistes that combined modernity with Africa culture and social issues are really rare. Lagbaja is a legend in that regard. Happy birthday to him.

There's so much uniqueness in African music even if they seem close. The same feeling I get when I listen to Iyogogo by Onyeka Owenu is the same as some of Lagbaja's classics.

By the way, does anyone have any idea when '200 million mumu' was released?
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 19, 2020
Lalastical, I think this is frontpage worthy. He's a Nigerian legend that should be celebrated.
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by CrustandSea: 7:20pm On May 19, 2020
Lol i agree
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by Burgerlomo: 7:36pm On May 19, 2020
HBD sir cool
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by djlyrics(m): 9:20pm On May 19, 2020
I like listening to his music.
My favorite is "feyin e"(show me your 32) grin
Simple yes or no
Prayer for the youth
Me and you no be enemy
Gra Gra
Nothing for you
Konko bilo
I really like his songs.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by Davoneskay(m): 9:24pm On May 19, 2020
My best is Africalypso. The song, 'Gra Gra' is also good. HBD, legend!
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by Elmojiid(m): 9:49pm On May 19, 2020
mine is akebaje

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by lukui: 10:01pm On May 19, 2020
DJ spinal sign am LAGBAJA MASKING NO BE CHINA!!!

Fela, Lagbaja, Alariwo, and many others were the real deal in Nigerian music industry.

happy birthday man

DJ please play me "200 million mumu" by lagbaja
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by mrwonlasewonie: 10:12pm On May 19, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
There was a time I had all his cassette and CDs. I always look forward to his new release and all his songs are still fresh in my head till date. My Favorite, "Baby ta ni ko fe wa...Oju lo mo si wa..." and Omo Anything for me, Lagbaja nothing for you..." hahahahaha
Happy Birthday Sir.
Your music was really a companion back in those days...Many Happy Returns To You OMO BABA MUKO MUKO.
I'm telling you.i love no do no do no do GRA GRA for me

Akebaje

Etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by Bimpe29: 10:19pm On May 19, 2020
Crixxx:
This was my man back then
What of now, who is your man now? grin
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by RiyadhGoddess(f): 11:05pm On May 19, 2020
mrwonlasewonie:

I'm telling you.i love no do no do no do GRA GRA for me

Akebaje

Etc

I love all his songs...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by Bobbyjay001(m): 4:21am On May 20, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
There was a time I had all his cassette and CDs. I always look forward to his new release and all his songs are still fresh in my head till date. My Favorite, "Baby ta ni ko fe wa...Oju lo mo si wa..." and Omo Anything for me, Lagbaja nothing for you..." hahahahaha
Happy Birthday Sir.
Your music was really a companion back in those days...Many Happy Returns To You OMO BABA MUKO MUKO.

Let me complete it for you. "oju re a ja" lol
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by femi4: 6:30am On May 20, 2020
Yesterday wasn't his birthday .....Nairaland and fake news
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by MuttleyLaff: 6:34am On May 20, 2020
lukui:
DJ spinal sign am LAGBAJA MASKING NO BE CHINA!!!

Fela, Lagbaja, Alariwo, and many others were the real deal in Nigerian music industry.

Happy birthday man

DJ please play me "200 million mumu" by lagbaja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPytmuhYDAU
200 Million Mumu (part 3)

traihit:
Lagbaja in Yoruba means 'somebody ' (literally 'anonymous'). Artistes that combined modernity with Africa culture and social issues are really rare. Lagbaja is a legend in that regard. Happy birthday to him.

There's so much uniqueness in African music even if they seem close. The same feeling I get when I listen to Iyogogo by Onyeka Owenu is the same as some of Lagbaja's classics.

By the way, does anyone have any idea when "200 million mumu" was released?
200 Million Mumu was released in 2012
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by Chuky7(m): 9:21am On May 20, 2020
What happened to this guy sef...
where is he now...
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by traihit: 12:43pm On May 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPytmuhYDAU
200 Million Mumu (part 3)

200 Million Mumu was released in 2012

2012 it is ...was just wondering why the album fits more now than 2012.
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by traihit: 12:44pm On May 20, 2020
Speak2donald:
Where is Onyeaka Oweonu? I haven't seen her lately in music or film?

I really wasn't following her. I just heard her song on a friend's phone and I liked it. Perhaps she'll feature in movies when some big stars want her again
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by MuttleyLaff: 4:39pm On May 20, 2020
traihit:
2012 it is ...was just wondering why the album fits more now than 2012.
You really think it fits more now than 2012, hmm?
If so, what then have you to say of Baba Abami Ẹda Eleniyan Fẹla's prophetic and varied social conscience collection, erhn?
Or are you of the millennial generation (i.e. Generation Y) or Generation Z ni?
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by traihit: 5:37pm On May 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You really think it fits more now than 2012, hmm?
If so, what then have you to say of Baba Abami Ẹda Eleniyan Fẹla's prophetic and varied social conscience collection, erhn?
Or are you of the millennial generation (i.e. Generation Y) or Generation Z ni?

Same goes for Fela. Lagbaja was more vivid in 200 Million Mumu part 3 that I wondered how he would compose the song if it is to re-released. Whichever generation one belongs to now isn't really what matters again . We're all victims of a failed nation but it pains me we give more attention to comedies just to forget our sorrow in a while then rant on FB later.
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by sexylogan(m): 3:09pm On May 25, 2020
sweettease:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I do have to say he is quite good looking for a 60 year old sha

My NL Crush kiss
Re: Nigerian Music Legend, Labaja Turns 60 Today (Pictures) by moupe: 3:33pm On May 25, 2020
Baby, ta ni fo ke wa ! D best!

(1) (2) (Reply)

“wetin She Dey Cover?”- Tiwa Savage’s See-through Skirt To AFRIMA Stirs Reaction / Is Rihanna Going Too Far! She Appears To Have An Orgasm On Stage! / World's Widest Mouth (Guiness Book Of Record) Won By A 20 Yr Old Angolan. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.