Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: (2540 Views)

Have You Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience / How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by Drizzy5001(m): 10:21pm On May 19, 2020
20% of social media users and shoppers heve been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money & its quite painful.

Many, people dont always know what to do when you realize a page you paid for a, a service or goods is ghosting you.

No 1. screen shot all previous chats across all messaging app ( Twiitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook etc).

2. Write out the full name and account of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank send you after you do the payment ( Through mobile App or text message)

4 Copy out the transaction ID number

5. Go to any branch of the scammer bank ( The bank the scammer uses- the one you send money to).Ask to see the customer service in charge of fraud.

6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer ans submit it.
While you are at the bank, send an email to scammer's bank and copy CBN fraud desk (@anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this go ginger.

7. Wetin You go expect grom this be say;
The scammer account go dey placed on hold/freeze. Meaning he/she no go fit transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank and proven guilty with your evidences.

He /She will sign waiver allowing the bank to refund You Your money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by akinreals: 10:33pm On May 19, 2020
Story, somebody scammed me of 250k for bitcoin over 3 years now, his bank, access bank said they cannot do anything about it that I should keep begging him, I just got tired and let it go grin grin grin angry. I still have all the details.
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by akinreals: 10:37pm On May 19, 2020
@Seleoki @selekoncept @accessbank_help this is the Fraudster account details Iyaye Seleoki Emeya 0694728251. Amount. N250k. Tel. 08059003360, 09063386789 @PoliceNG @cenbank Please help me. Thanks see my rants then, nothing happen till today
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by Queenttoast01: 10:37pm On May 19, 2020
Thank you op,
We hope it works
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by Drizzy5001(m): 10:41pm On May 19, 2020
Did you follow the procedures I just posted ?
Send an email to the scammers bank, and copy CBN fraud desk @anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng with the above fraud desk , there's no way the bank will ignore you.
My friend used this procedure and his 750k was refunded to him , I know what am saying.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by michlins(m): 10:42pm On May 19, 2020
akinreals:
Story, somebody scammed me of 250k for bitcoin over 3 years now, his bank, access bank said they cannot do anything about it that I should keep begging him, I just got tired and let it go grin grin grin angry. I still have all the details.
three years ago you said. Things are changing fast. Right now, you can report a fraud phone number to MTN customer service.

We aren't there yet but eventually we would. Sorry about your loss though

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by Drizzy5001(m): 10:44pm On May 19, 2020
Queenttoast01:
Thank you op,
We hope it works
it works dear , my friend followed the Same procedure, and got refunded, that's why I decided to post it here.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by Drizzy5001(m): 10:48pm On May 19, 2020
michlins:
three years ago you said. Things are changing fast. Right now, you can report a fraud phone number to MTN customer service.

e no matter how long them scam you bro, once you have all the evidence, u will get ur money back.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by benjanjo1: 10:50pm On May 19, 2020
michlins:

it doesn't work!

a friend of mine tried this two months ago after he fell for a scam online. the two banks involved kept on tossing him about!

GT bank said he should go and complain to sterling Bank, the same sterling Bank sent him back to GT bank and told him GT should write an official mail to them asking for something to be done about the scam grin GT bank told to him contact the police, the police told him to go back to the bank to get the transaction blocked and reversed cheesy na so my guy waka up and down until he realised the the banks and police were never going to do anything about it. he just lock up con forget the N50,000. Guess what?! the scammers are still out there doing their fraud!

the reason scams (low level ones) are very prevalent in the cyberspace is because nothing can really be done to the perpetrators. the system facilitates the easy escape of the culprits

5 Likes

Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by Drizzy5001(m): 10:54pm On May 19, 2020
benjanjo1:

it doesn't work!

a friend of mine tried this two months ago after he fell for a scam online. the two banks involved kept on tossing him about!

GT bank said he should go and complain to sterling Bank, the same sterling Bank sent him back to GT bank and told him GT should write an official mail to them asking for something to be done about the scam grin GT bank told to him contact the police, the police told him to go back to the bank to get the transaction blocked and reversed cheesy na so my guy waka up and down until he realised the the banks and police were never going to do anything about it. he just lock up con forget the N50,000. Guess what?! the scammers are still out there doing their fraud!

the reason scams (low level ones) are very prevalent in the cyberspace is because nothing can really be done to the perpetrators. the system facilitates the easy escape of the culprits
Did your friend send an email to the bank, tagging the CBN anti-corruption fraud desk ?
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by michlins(m): 10:54pm On May 19, 2020
benjanjo1:

it doesn't work!

you and your friend never harnessed the power of social media especially Twitter. Call out the banks involved and tag efcc and CBN

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by benjanjo1: 11:01pm On May 19, 2020
Drizzy5001:
Did your friend send an email to the bank, tagging the CBN anti-corruption fraud desk ?

yes he did! I sent him this very format posted on this thread. nothing happened!
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by benjanjo1: 11:02pm On May 19, 2020
michlins:
you and your friend never harnessed the power of social media especially Twitter. Call out the banks involved and tag efcc and CBN

social Media indeed! abegi cheesy
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by Drizzy5001(m): 11:03pm On May 19, 2020
benjanjo1:

yes he did! I sent him this very format posted on this thread. nothing happened!
when he visited the bank's customer service in charge of fraud what did he/she tell him.
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by benjanjo1: 11:04pm On May 19, 2020
Drizzy5001:
when he visited the bank's customer service in charge of fraud what did he/she tell him.

exactly what I typed up there
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by neonly: 11:11pm On May 19, 2020
Drizzy5001:

20% of social media users and shoppers heve been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money & its quite painful.

Many, people dont always know what to do when you realize a page you paid for a, a service or goods is ghosting you.

No 1. screen shot all previous chats across all messaging app ( Twiitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook etc).

3. Go to the last notification your bank send you after you do the payment ( Through mobile App or text message)

5. Go to any branch of the scammer bank ( The bank the scammer uses- the one you send money to).Ask to see the customer service in charge of fraud.

While you are at the bank, send an email to scammer's bank and copy CBN fraud desk (@anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this go ginger.

The scammer account go dey placed on hold/freeze. Meaning he/she no go fit transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank and proven guilty with your evidences.

Nice
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by Drizzy5001(m): 11:12pm On May 19, 2020
benjanjo1:

exactly what I typed up there
sorry about your friend's experience.
The guy that scammed my friend used zenith Bank, so i think the problem is from his bank's management.
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by ifyalways(f): 12:11am On May 20, 2020
benjanjo1:

OP created this thread yesterday.Your friend did all that in less than 24 hours ?

Nld stories cheesy
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by benjanjo1: 12:21am On May 20, 2020
ifyalways:

OP created this thread yesterday.Your friend did all that in less than 24 hours ?

Nld stories cheesy

aunty! several threads on this same topic have been created on nairaland. The method outlined by the op is not new and has been written on several social media platforms! please get sense!
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by ifyalways(f): 12:28am On May 20, 2020
benjanjo1:

aunty! several threads on this same topic have been created on nairaland. The method outlined by the op is not new and has been written on several social media platforms! please get sense!
Ahem cheesy
This explains why you and your people get scammed.

Senseless mgbekes feeling funky. cheesy
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by benjanjo1: 12:32am On May 20, 2020
ifyalways:
Ahem cheesy This explains why you and your people get scammed.
Senseless mgbekes feeling funky. cheesy

sounds like you are describing yourself! smh
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by Raxxye(m): 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2020
Is it the same channel we have to follow if a bank debits you fraudulently? I mean is it that same CBN email address we should write to?

GTBank just debited me N42,967.80 yesterday 30/06/2020 without any explanation.
I need to contact CBN if they don't refund my money by tomorrow 02/07/2020
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by Raxxye(m): 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
Drizzy5001:

Is it the same channel we have to follow if a bank debits you fraudulently? I mean is it that same CBN email address we should write to?

Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by naijaboy756: 5:31pm On Jul 01, 2020
What if the cursed scammer withdraws the money immediately?

If you are a scammer reading this, repent or you will die miserably
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by Drizzy5001(m): 8:19am On Jul 02, 2020
Raxxye:

yes sir,
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by Raxxye(m): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2020
Drizzy5001:
yes sir,
Thank you
Re: How To Get Back Your Money If You Have Been Scammed Before: by cbrezy(m): 5:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
akinreals:

sorry about that sad

(1) (Reply)

Video Of A Mad Man Who Climbed High Tension Wire In Ghana. / Boko Haram: Rescued Chibok School Girls Wear New Look In New Photos / 4years-old Decompose Dead Body Found Inside Bedroom In Ibadan(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.