Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,190 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation (28441 Views)

Senate Considers Bill On Unemployment Benefit Scheme / Supreme Court: PDP Uncovers APC’s Plot To Frustrate Reversal Of Imo Judgment / Imo: PDP calls for reversal of verdict, resignation of CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by GOFRONT(m): 7:01am On May 20, 2020
Bunch of thieves
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by handsomeyinka(m): 7:01am On May 20, 2020
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by DexterousOne(m): 7:02am On May 20, 2020
Wolgrace:
Suswan and Obj that time. Now, he moves to do what should rightly done years ago. Hypocrisy!!

-Nigerians, we are our own woes for electing quack and stomach-god mere rulers. Nigeria as a false union birthed and infiltrates corrupt spirits upon the lands. Reason the love, interest, zeal, passion, determination, patriotism, strategical ideas, and individual catalyst for change for a false united nation's progress is fainted beyond redemption, hence the "chop I chop mentality" as the almagamation is strictly business mentally and physically.

-Passion for your region is the best bet.. Secede quietly and peacefully.

Nigerians dont even have passion or loyalty for their region, state or local govt..

It's for themselves and pocket only
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by temptnow: 7:02am On May 20, 2020
Esseite:
Reversal!!! When we should be privatising more government establishments on 51/49% basis..

What has Nigerian govt proven to manage properly?..

These crazy people we sold to are cartel who only want to make money on our head.

It should be sold to big companies with big pockets like Siemens and GE and co. These our Nigerian companies are crooks who know they can get away with anything.

Even though I don't like this National assembly, if they can pull this off, then I will have respect for them.

1 Like

Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by nrexzy: 7:02am On May 20, 2020
Yes they should review it... Chaii If only abba kayri was alive it would have been a different story....
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by Babatunde40(m): 7:03am On May 20, 2020
naija4life247:
Sign of madness. The Senators are mad. I know a mad man when I see one because I was born at Yaba, I had my Primary, Secondary and Tertiary education at Yaba, so I pass through the psychiatric hospital at Yaba regularly and I see mad men there. So I know mad men when I see them.

One of the signs of a mad man is that he talks aimlessly without making any point. Read your post again. You will understand

2 Likes

Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by Dangrace01: 7:03am On May 20, 2020
Ok

Make una help me reason my matter oh. My area no lights for donkey ages. See where me dey charge phone and laptop

Check profile make una see more options. So crazy men

Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by stanech: 7:04am On May 20, 2020
Flyingngel:
Can somebody tell me why this corrupt Senate will not remove transmission of power from exclusive list to concurrent list so that State government that have capacity to generate can also transmit their power to the end users and also selling the excess to states that are in short supply.
With these many States will GI into PPP to build their power plants be it Gas, Coal or Solar powered.
Why is our leaders like running around a circle?

quota system. Everybody must share from the suffering.
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by Rolexjerry(m): 7:04am On May 20, 2020
daresma77:
Abeg Make FG collect am back, Those Discos are rippers
Remembers those NEPA days where there would be power outage for 3 months? Do u want to go back there?

1 Like

Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by Sabadon(m): 7:05am On May 20, 2020
all power belongs to God grin
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by Issiijay(m): 7:05am On May 20, 2020
PHCN is far better than NEPA
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by naija4life247: 7:06am On May 20, 2020
Babatunde40:

One of the signs of a mad man is that he talks aimlessly without making any point. Read your post again. You will understand

I need to see your medical certificate of mental fitness because you don't sound mentally balanced. I know a mad man when I see one, you ate acting like one.

1 Like

Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by don89(m): 7:07am On May 20, 2020
No steady power supply ,no progress in this country, take or leave it.
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by Hezmatosky: 7:08am On May 20, 2020
cry
Flyingngel:
Can somebody tell me why this corrupt Senate will not remove transmission of power from exclusive list to concurrent list so that State government that have capacity to generate can also transmit their power to the end users and also selling the excess to states that are in short supply.
With these many States will GI into PPP to build their power plants be it Gas, Coal or Solar powered.
I never knew we have brilliant person here o

1 Like

Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by Nobody: 7:08am On May 20, 2020
temptnow:

These crazy we sold to are cartel who only want to make money on our head.

It should be sold to big companies with big pockets like Siemens and GE and co. These our Nigerian companies are crooks who know they can get away with anything.

Even though I don't like this National assembly, if they can pull this off, then I will have respect for them.

These ones are just looking to occupy the positions of the previous...
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by EmmyDJourno: 7:09am On May 20, 2020
Jonathan's administration was a scam government

First Lady
Minister of Justice, FCT, Petroleum all have humongous corruption cases

We have not even talked of the P&ID

Jonathan was, is, and remains useless

2 Likes

Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by Nobody: 7:09am On May 20, 2020
In the same way, the fulani herdsmen are private business owners. It hasn't stopped the buhari junta from budgeting 100s of billions for them, overlooking horrendous murders and sacking of communities to make way for them, and offering all fulanis worldwide a Visa free access to Nigeria.
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by temptnow: 7:09am On May 20, 2020
Esseite:

These ones are just looking to occupy the positions of the previous...

The previous and this once are the same people
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by Babatunde40(m): 7:10am On May 20, 2020
naija4life247:

I need to see your medical certificate of mental fitness because you don't sound mentally balanced. I know a mad man when I see one, you ate acting like one.
Confirmed

Have you seen me?

You "ate" what?

1 Like

Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by stonemasonn: 7:11am On May 20, 2020
Babatunde40:
They should reverse the nonsense. Privatization was daylight robbery of Nigerians

They can give power companies goals and standard to meet. If they don't reach those goals or perform up to that standard, they should collect the companies.
collect it and do what with it?
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by Rolexjerry(m): 7:11am On May 20, 2020
Electric Power must remain privatized. If the Discos can't manage it, end their contract and hand it over to another private firm probably a reputable foreign power company.
Government should even be thinking of privatizing NNPC too. Anything managed by the government does not succeed.
Look at private schools and public schools. Private hospitals and public hospitals.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by temptnow: 7:12am On May 20, 2020
Rolexjerry:

Remembers those NEPA days where there would be power outage for 3 months? Do u want to go back there?

Government is not taking it from them to manage. They are transferring it to reasonable companies like Siemens and GE that have track record around the world. Don't forget that's the meeting Abba Kyari went for in Germany

6 Likes

Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by Shedrack36(m): 7:12am On May 20, 2020
to me is a good move because Discos has failed.
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by Babatunde40(m): 7:13am On May 20, 2020
stonemasonn:
collect it and do what with it?
Resell it. Do you know how fraudulently these companies were sold? They were sold to people with zero plans to perform

5 Likes

Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by MCIU1: 7:13am On May 20, 2020
Flyingngel:
Can somebody tell me why this corrupt Senate will not remove transmission of power from exclusive list to concurrent list so that State government that have capacity to Top Facts generate can also transmit their power to the end users and also selling the excess to states that are in short supply.

Na so
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by Nobody: 7:15am On May 20, 2020
you didn't privatized anything, why didn't you allow Siemens to come in?
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by TAYO124: 7:16am On May 20, 2020
A major failure of Obasanjo government was not being serious with privatizing Power generation and transmission. So that what his government achieved with telecommunications, it failed to deliver with Electricity supply.

Government cannot ever deliver any reasonable service in Nigeria. If you are convinced mention one profitable service agency run by Nigerian government today.
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by DECENCY3: 7:17am On May 20, 2020
Privatise our leaders and politicians then sell Nigeria so that peace will reign

1 Like

Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:19am On May 20, 2020
Which kind reversal are they talking about. Any reversal without a plan to improve Electricity is corruption. The blackout in Nigeria will be grand if their request is granted
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by martineverest(m): 7:20am On May 20, 2020
sweettease:
Good! I'm surprised it took this long. The privatization did little to nothing to improve power supply in the country.
selling it to foreigners, would be better
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by shehuaz: 7:21am On May 20, 2020
w=9744807:

https://punchng.com/senate-demands-immediate-reversal-of-power-privatisation/
. why we don't want study the situation, why we don't want cross examined the impact of a particular arrangement before we go further with the new plan. does Nigeria achieved any progress since the time our power sector privatize?
Re: Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation by tete7000(m): 7:22am On May 20, 2020
Everything in Nigeria including the senate needs review and restructuring. Nigeria cannot work with its present structure with a senate stealing whooping sums in guise of salary and expenses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alex Nwankwo 'Alexreports' Emerges Anambra Accord Party Governorship Candidate / Peter Obi Supporter Prints 2000 Mosquito Nets To Be Distributed To Northerners. / Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.