Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,976 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown (48531 Views)

Lady Beats 10-Year-Old Househelp To Death In Enugu (Photos) / 20-Year-Old Lady Beats 47-Year-Old Woman To Death In Lagos During Public Fight / Lady Beats Up Friend For Sleeping With Her Husband In Ado Ekiti - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by salford1: 3:30pm On May 20, 2020
codedguy1:

That is not the issue. Let them give the prepaid. It is for the discos to find a way to stop that. So because people will bypass they should continue with outrageous estimated billing.

For example, When you start a bank, the onus is on you to find a way to limit fraud by putting everything necessary to catch fraudsters. Or you can go ahead and employ only your church members in the bank on the pretext that they are all holy so no need for any fraud detecting device or mechanism. Your choice!
Just wondering. I haven't lived in Nigeria for a while. I am guessing the estimated billing is bad.
We also get estimated billing for gas(heating) and electricity in developed countries too. I can't tell if it is outrageous or not. We pay the estimated amount and once the meter is read, we get credit for the excess bill paid. We sometimes get estimated bills for 3 months straight.

As per the fraud part, can Nigerians deal with more rate increase? In the utility business, implementing anti-fraud devices is very expensive. People being honest is very cheap.
When people engage in fraud, the common control is to make others pay for it by increasing rates. This is what we in the place I work for. When we seek approval for rate increase from the government, we use increase in fraud as justification even though those committing the fraud a maybe handful. Handful meaning like 20 cases per month out of over a million customer. Customers hate rate increase, hence will rat on their neighbors and friends stealing electricity.

That's why I mentioned that Naijas case is very complex. I really do not understand how those companies supplying electricity have been able to stay in business. Must be a miracle. cheesy

What do I know Sha. Make I mind my business.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by zoghys: 3:41pm On May 20, 2020
manuelreports:
Nigeria Govt is very wicked
Ordinary bill they can't wait to out
Useless people

Am pissed with you for the fact that you use just one very before wicked in describing this devilish government. It should have been our government are very very very very very more very wicked.

1 Like

Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by dheilaw1(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2020
Fantabulous
Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by Ceazario: 4:03pm On May 20, 2020
Naso
Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by edoairways: 4:07pm On May 20, 2020
Acidosis:

Why would anyone even think of buying the defunct NEPA in the name of privatisation? It's like buying the Nigerian Police and expecting a change in people's perception. The image of these entities, like many Nigerian Institutions, have become rotten.

Imagine someone blaming the Nigerian government over disconnection? Lol.

The government is at fault
Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by armadeo(m): 4:42pm On May 20, 2020
kamikaz1:
LMAOOoo ...Mr white no get chill oo.

No chill at all. Lol.

See as he went looking for the second guy.

Pure savagery.

Maybe he hasn't eaten all day and his fan is the only thing keeping him cool and "nepa" now decides to cut light.
Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by armadeo(m): 4:45pm On May 20, 2020
Anfield247:
If na me, I beat craze from that woman...

Beat am na, make Mr White reason your matter.
Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by armadeo(m): 4:48pm On May 20, 2020
Karemarealty288:

I am pull peeling my elekwural fromises....

Had to read this twice to get the message.
Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by Ishilove: 4:58pm On May 20, 2020
armadeo:

Had to read this twice to get the message.
I read it thrice grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by xcelentattitude(m): 5:41pm On May 20, 2020
Walahi.... Na their 1year light dem Don use beat nepa grin

Till 2021 before dem get light again

It's only few people that took the decision but everybody in that street will suffer for it. That's the same thing our leaders are doing to us undecided
Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by xcelentattitude(m): 5:42pm On May 20, 2020
armadeo:

No chill at all. Lol.

Pure savagery.

Maybe he hasn't eaten all day and his fan is the only thing keeping him cool and "nepa" now decides to cut light.

Shey HUNGER-20 know say person on fan? grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by xcelentattitude(m): 5:46pm On May 20, 2020
See as the NEPA official dey skip like lamb when the lady wanted to give him ifase grin

Should that lady have opted for football, she would have made a good defender. More like lady Van dijk grin
Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by stankezzy: 6:22pm On May 20, 2020
tomorrows headline, a lady remanded in prison for beating up government workers while her male accomplices were left untouched
Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by kamikaz1: 6:35pm On May 20, 2020
angry
armadeo:

No chill at all. Lol.

Pure savagery.

I tells u grin
Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by pasol4real(m): 7:34pm On May 20, 2020
kikero:

That's a good idea, and there should also be a law that prevents you from collecting your money from me should I owe you 2million naira....

The harsh truth is that even with meters, many Nigerians won't pay. They will bypass the meter well well.(in my previous place of residence, a former neighbour of mine bypassed his meter, and then moved out, leaving the landlord with the penalty bill...which had to be paid before a new tenant could move in.).

Oga this one you are defending nepa like this you must be a staff. Okay what do you have to say regarding the outrageous estimated bills they keep bringing . Yet when you go them to complain they tell you to go get a prepaid meter.
Re: Lady Beats Up Staff Disconnecting Electricity Amid Lockdown by tunjijones(m): 1:31am On May 21, 2020
Reference:
Silly citizens who don't want to pay XYZ Disco. Is it Siemens they will afford. To create a market there must be buyers and sellers who agree. Sometimes it may be necessary for government to step away and let the citizens organise themselves in ways they know and feel best. Let us see how the woman in question will provide herself with stable electricity.

Am sure u know this ur comment doesn't make sense. In this age and time who still goes about disconnecting light. Why can they provide Pre paid meters.

And the guys that came for the disconnection are insensitive. At this time that everyone is vexing u now come to cut light.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Defence Minister, General Bashir-Magashi And His Gun Spotted As He Leaves Home / ‘ Gospel Singer’ Caught Stealing SUV At Winners’ Church (photo) / Suspected Gang Member Involved In Killing Of Girls In Port Harcourt Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.