Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,983 members, 7,852,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:58 PM

Why I Would Rather Listen And Talk With A Deaf Person. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why I Would Rather Listen And Talk With A Deaf Person. (329 Views)

Olori Chanel Chin: Why I Recorded Oluwo's Atrocities Inside The Palace / As A Nigerian-american, I Would Like Insight On Which Language To Learn / Why I Married Moronke Naomi Silekunola - Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Would Rather Listen And Talk With A Deaf Person. by Pnuggets: 2:13pm On May 20, 2020
You will understand my reasons as you read further. A deaf person is someone who has totally or partially lost his ability to hear. This makes it challenging for them to communicate and understand people effectively. It is for this reason they make use of sign language and lip reading. They rely on reading of lips as well as sign languages in order to understand what is being said to them. Understanding what is being said to them usually requires their utmost concentration and most times they have to try and read body languages in order to fully comprehend what is fully going on; skill that most people who are not deaf choose to be oblivious to.

In having conversations with a deaf person, you are able to get someone who will listen to you carefully (although they can't hear you) but they listen. The listening skill is a simple skill one that many people are too impatient to have. They appear like they are giving you attention but the truth is, most times they wander away into their own thought. Some do not even realise they have done this. Let me give you a scenario, imagine telling someone about the new bag you just bought and all the design details it has, they may begin to ask themselves why they haven't even remembered to get themselves that thing they need badly. How does one interpret the true information that is given out subconsciously but not said? How do you listen to what someone is not saying with their mouth?

Lulusarena.com

Read full article here:

https://lulusarena.com/why-i-would-rather-listen-and-talk-to-a-deaf-person-anyday/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Osundigitalradio: Ogbon Inu With Odunola And Olaide / The Position Of Maye Of Yorubakingdom / Oida Dissociates Self From Mercantilist Fct Natives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.