Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Being A Storekeeper In This Country Nigeria, A Bad Experience - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Being A Storekeeper In This Country Nigeria, A Bad Experience (369 Views)

Artisans And Craftsmanship In Nigeria: A Looming Crisis. / Is N400,000 A Bad Salary In Today's Nigeria? Is He Doing Something Wrong / Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being A Storekeeper In This Country Nigeria, A Bad Experience by Bjteensdes24: 3:22pm On May 20, 2020
Good pm everyone, I just feel like sharing my experience with you guys. You can tell if applying for the post of a 'Storekeeper' and working non-stop like the chinese men uses our fellow Nigerians, speaks well of what the person in that position should be doing. I worked in a company(undisclosed) somewhere around Ikeja, Lagos state a restaurant precisely as a storekeeper. Fortunately I was posted to Peak Milk company at Ogba. I was told at the head office of my employer that I will work for six days and duty time will be from 8am to 6am, getting to where am being posted, the story changed instead, I have no closing time until I have meet the needs of my people who works in the kitchen which means I was able to sleep around 2am-3am and early morning by 6am have started work again. Meanwhile, I had gone to court to sign the oat document and guarantor form. The manager in charge of the branch which happened to be a lady who studied Electrical Engineering told me it isn't the way I think that I don't have a resumption time but can close whenever have satisfied the needs of my customers which are the people working in the kitchen. That didn't even bother me because I prefer not going home at all sef but the complicated part is me not having people who will help me transferred all goods being brought to my store. I and the accountant sometimes would carry all the loads in but I do the most part cos its my work. I will work from 7am to midnight non stop. Filling the bin cards sef isn't the issue but as soon as I starts, guys will come so I can issue some goods to them, my goods might arrived and that makes all bin cards I supposed to fill piled up. I complained about the hefty work I do so they can get me some workmen for the loads and was told it will be worked on. When I see no changes and the work will later get me into trouble because there was a day pet drinks over 1000 plus was being supplied and I packed them from the vehicle and also have to count and confirmed the invoice before the driver leaves. It was getting late already and one of the bosses that followed him said he cant wait anymore that he should give him the key but the man insisted he wouldn't go until I confirmed cos he doesn't want to be implicated if I didn't confirm the goods. I tendered a resignation letter to the manager but you know what she rejected it and scared me that they won't pay me my salary(I don't even care about that anymore). I went straight to the head office to give them myself they rejected and told me to follow the normal procedure in which the manager will inform them. At last, I was permitted to leave when I told them I won't come anymore they accept it or not. What surprised me was they don't want me to leave but they didn't do what they supposed to do. Some of my bosses at the head office said I should stay that they would give me another post in my field so I won't leave but I lied i was travelling out of Lagos cos my boss has called me to come and start my IT then. Was I right to leave the job or not? And is it the duty of a storekeeper to be carrying loads too?
Re: Being A Storekeeper In This Country Nigeria, A Bad Experience by majamajic(m): 3:23pm On May 20, 2020
Hmmm

Better find another job guy
Re: Being A Storekeeper In This Country Nigeria, A Bad Experience by Robnectar(m): 3:27pm On May 20, 2020
better u run for ur life on less nah gbese go end am las las which u already sensing it coming, my 1kobo grin
Re: Being A Storekeeper In This Country Nigeria, A Bad Experience by Jokerman(m): 4:23pm On May 20, 2020
Better run for life. If you die, the company will employ another, and learn from you to employ more than one hand... Or make your complaints

(1) (Reply)

Everyone Can't Become An Entrepreneur!!! / . / 'Today, I Can Pay Salaries Of The People That Insulted Me' - Former Security Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.