Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

I Want To Give My Life To Christ But I'm Scared, Help!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Give My Life To Christ But I'm Scared, Help!! (976 Views)

Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Give My Life To Christ But I'm Scared, Help!! by Moezzy1(m): 9:40pm On May 20, 2020
davidinchrist:

My friend, are you sure? Cos many of us that claim to be are SADLY NOT, but just fooling ourselves in Empty SELF/CHURCH Religion/Activities...

What are your motives: do you want to USE God or you want God to USE you and bless you there by.

We usually hear, "STAND AND COME FORWARD; Now, repeat the Sinner's Prayer..."

BUT Jesus said to SIT DOWN, AND COUNT THE COST FIRST:

Luke.14.26 - "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, YES, and his OWN life also, he CANNOT be My disciple.

Luke.14.27 - And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me CANNOT be My disciple.

Luke.14.28 - For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down FIRST and COUNT THE COST, whether he has enough to FINISH it--

Luke.14.29 - lest, after he has LAID the foundation, and is NOT able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him,

Luke.14.30 - saying, "This man began to build and was NOT able to finish.'

Matthew 16:24-25 KJV
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him DENY himself, and take up his Cross, and Follow me.

[25] For whosoever will save his life shall LOSE it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall FIND it.

If you're really READY to Repent friend(s), in your room, by FAITH: Ask Jesus to forgive all your Sins; ask Him to come into your heart by the Holy Spirit and BELIEVE it's all done by him.

Stop all conscious Sins: seek Jesus for Grace to overcome.

Then Get baptized in Water.

Ask Jesus for the baptism of the holy spirit to serve Him.

DON'T JOIN ANY CHURCH at Random, ask Jesus to lead you.

Because Jesus isn't in many of them.

He might even lead you NOT to Join ANYONE in the meantime.

Start studying the Bible on your OWN; listen to preachers that majors on discipleship and the Cross of Jesus, NOT PROSPERITY, HEALTH AND WEALTH False Preachers of the End time.

You may try Gbile Akanni messages,
Zac Poonen (cfcindiadotcom), Jan Boshoff, warningthepeople AND any other majoring on the Cross of Christ.

Phil.3.18 - For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Phil.3.19 - whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame--who set their mind on earthly things.

Phil.3.20 - For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

May Strengthen and Enlighten You All.
Sir, pls I would like to speak with you
Re: I Want To Give My Life To Christ But I'm Scared, Help!! by davidinchrist(m): 9:43pm On May 20, 2020
Moezzy1:
Sir, pls I would like to speak with you

Feel free to send me a mail, if need be.

Goodbye.
Re: I Want To Give My Life To Christ But I'm Scared, Help!! by Usorohtheman(m): 11:08pm On May 20, 2020
Apologize to the people you have offended in one way or the other firstly. Can you do it?
Re: I Want To Give My Life To Christ But I'm Scared, Help!! by onlyinJESUS: 11:34pm On May 20, 2020
Moezzy1:
Pls how can i go about it?? I want to know God, I want God to see me as His son.

But the problem now is that i don't know how to Pray, How will He hear me?

Someone should help me pls, I want to know This God that i have been hearing about..

Let's start with this question. Why do you want to know God?
Re: I Want To Give My Life To Christ But I'm Scared, Help!! by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On May 21, 2020
@OP, if you truly want to believe in God, start by reading through the Gospel(I am partial to Matthew) paying attention to every word out of God's mouth(every word that Jesus said), and putting into action every thing He commands.

Beginning from Matthew 5, up till where Jesus declared on the cross that it is finished, Jesus Christ lists out the Blessings, Commands, Curses, requirements for those who wish to become his followers, and the Seal of the New covenant that He represents. To become a follower of Christ, you need to show yourself worthy of Him(to Him of cause), and He did specify what you would need to do for this to happen. So you have got your work cut out for you. Proving yourself worthy of Him is a vital step to following forward with Him!

Take your time to read through Matthew(I recommend you read the book as if you were reading through a novel), as many times as you need to, for the message that is Jesus to sink in. Pick up a Bible in plain English( I recommend the ESV or the ERV) because it is easier to take Jesus at His word when you have a clear understanding of the language it is written in.
Re: I Want To Give My Life To Christ But I'm Scared, Help!! by cavendishbaba(m): 6:50pm On May 21, 2020
davidinchrist:

My friend, are you sure? Cos many of us that claim to be are SADLY NOT, but just fooling ourselves in Empty SELF/CHURCH Religion/Activities...

What are your motives: do you want to USE God or you want God to USE you and bless you there by.

We usually hear, "STAND AND COME FORWARD; Now, repeat the Sinner's Prayer..."

BUT Jesus said to SIT DOWN, AND COUNT THE COST FIRST:

Luke.14.26 - "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, YES, and his OWN life also, he CANNOT be My disciple.

Luke.14.27 - And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me CANNOT be My disciple.

Luke.14.28 - For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down FIRST and COUNT THE COST, whether he has enough to FINISH it--

Luke.14.29 - lest, after he has LAID the foundation, and is NOT able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him,

Luke.14.30 - saying, "This man began to build and was NOT able to finish.'

Matthew 16:24-25 KJV
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him DENY himself, and take up his Cross, and Follow me.

[25] For whosoever will save his life shall LOSE it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall FIND it.

If you're really READY to Repent friend(s), in your room, by FAITH: Ask Jesus to forgive all your Sins; ask Him to come into your heart by the Holy Spirit and BELIEVE it's all done by him.

Stop all conscious Sins: seek Jesus for Grace to overcome.

Then Get baptized in Water.

Ask Jesus for the baptism of the holy spirit to serve Him.

DON'T JOIN ANY CHURCH at Random, ask Jesus to lead you.

Because Jesus isn't in many of them.

He might even lead you NOT to Join ANYONE in the meantime.

Start studying the Bible on your OWN; listen to preachers that majors on discipleship and the Cross of Jesus, NOT PROSPERITY, HEALTH AND WEALTH False Preachers of the End time.

You may try Gbile Akanni messages,
Zac Poonen (cfcindiadotcom), Jan Boshoff, warningthepeople AND any other majoring on the Cross of Christ.

Phil.3.18 - For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Phil.3.19 - whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame--who set their mind on earthly things.

Phil.3.20 - For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

May Jesus Strengthen and Enlighten You All.

This is the right way to follow because it correlates with the steps taken by those who were saved in the Bible. There is an exception though, the baptism needs to be done into the body of Christ i.e. the church Christ bought with his blood.
Re: I Want To Give My Life To Christ But I'm Scared, Help!! by davidinchrist(m): 7:10pm On May 21, 2020
cavendishbaba:

This is the right way to follow because it correlates with the steps taken by those who were saved in the Bible. There is an exception though, the baptism needs to be done into the body of Christ i.e. the church Christ bought with his blood.

Yes, you're right, thanks. Baptism is a testimony to the world that one is now converted: like he buries his Sins has he goes into the water, then comes out has a New Man in Christ.

But since true churches are scarce, one can ask a "true believer" to get one Baptised.

May Jesus bless you.
Re: I Want To Give My Life To Christ But I'm Scared, Help!! by adelove4real200: 7:25pm On May 21, 2020
Moezzy1:
Pls how can i go about it?? I want to know God, I want God to see me as His son.

But the problem now is that i don't know how to Pray, How will He hear me?

Someone should help me pls, I want to know This God that i have been hearing about..

Thank God for his grace upon your life.
The book of Romans 10:9-10 says that if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord", and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your MOUTH that you confess and are saved.
The only thing to do is to say the sinners pray: knee down or stand up and say this prayer; God I know that am a sinner and you have sent your only son Jesus Christ to die for my sin. I believe with my heart that Jesus died for my sins and confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ was raised for my JUSTIFiCATION. Jesus cleanse me with your blood and forgive me all my sins and write my name in the book of Life. Thank you Father that I am now your son. Please, ensure you read your Bible everyday most especially the New testament. Start with Mathew, Mark, Luke and John to know who Jesus is, his ways of Life and miraculous works. When this pandemic is over find a believing Church to join. I mean the the Church where they teach the truth Word of God. I can recommend some. (1) IGEM CHRIST CONVENANT CHURCH. (2) REDEMED CHURCH (3) DEEPER LIFE CHURCH (4) MFM CHURCH. you can also pray that God should guide you into which church to worship. God bless you for taking this bold step. You may not feel anything after saying that prayer. Salvation is not by feeling. Do not let devil Rob you. Stay blessed and stay safe too.
Jesus is Lord.
Re: I Want To Give My Life To Christ But I'm Scared, Help!! by cavendishbaba(m): 8:08pm On May 21, 2020
davidinchrist:

Yes, you're right, thanks. Baptism is a testimony to the world that one is now converted: like he buries his Sins has he goes into the water, then comes out has a New Man in Christ.

But since true churches are scarce, one can ask a "true believer" to get one Baptised.

May Jesus bless you.
Amen. And you too.Would love to discuss your second paragraph in detail with you, whatsapp preferably... Thanks
Re: I Want To Give My Life To Christ But I'm Scared, Help!! by davidinchrist(m): 8:31pm On May 21, 2020
cavendishbaba:

Amen. And you too.Would love to discuss your second paragraph in detail with you, whatsapp preferably... Thanks

Right friend, see my signature.

Good bless.

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Vatican Digging A Secret Tunnel In Jerusalem To Exhume King David's DNA' (Pcs) / Bisola Johnson Reveals How T. B. Joshua Initiated Chris Oyakhilome & Sam Kakande / The Errors Of Oneness Doctrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.