Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

New Scam On Nairaland???? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Scam On Nairaland???? (2932 Views)

Binomo Scam On Instagram / Beware Of Flip Cash Scam On Instagram / Nigerian Man Tried To Scam On Twitter With A Fake Female Profile, But Got Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Scam On Nairaland???? by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:47am On Jul 08, 2020
Snickers88:

Presidentatiku u be useless blogger , Nairaland no pay you , you like suffer

are you Nairaland worker or do you get paid for the stress ?
seems you are one of those who leave off people's sweat... Imagine the generational curses
Re: New Scam On Nairaland???? by Crayfish09: 9:18am On Jul 08, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
Another cursed criminal scammer on Facebook.

FAVOR OSAWARU

ACCESS BANK

SCHEME TYPE: BINOMO

Can the Banks, ICPC, EFCC and CBN use BVN and KYC to catch these rogues? Can account officers be held liable for accounts they manage? At least to the level of providing the customer when needed.

Scammers ARE CURSED!!!!

Believe me, THEY WON'T. The banks are the ones aiding these scammers. Someone stole over 270k from my neighbor's account. Even though the bank had his pictures, details and everything, they only placed a lien on his account and kept quite. Even after involving the police, it took us almost a week to get them to release the details. By the time we caught him, less than 80k was recovered. The fool had wasted it on BetNaija and clubbing
Re: New Scam On Nairaland???? by Crayfish09: 9:20am On Jul 08, 2020
Snickers88:

You all are fools in this group , you post this thing and you no post anything concerning una deal , it just showed your are uneducated fools

Here is one of the cursed sos of prostitutes. We will gradually flush all of you out of existence

1 Like

Re: New Scam On Nairaland???? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 11:02am On Jul 08, 2020
We also have the professional beggar !!!!! They can beg for Queen of England ...

They can DM the Devil....
Re: New Scam On Nairaland???? by NobleMK: 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
It's not only about big names, big businesses or even big platforms like Facebook.

Scammers have been targeting innocent students in the UK as well. They scam Nigerian students in the UK that want to exchange their Naira for Pounds.

What they do is create a very believable Telegram UK pounds exchange page and have an admin escrow system set up in such a way that new members will believe the page is legit and real. The page even has over 1000 members and over 3 admins.

The admins will pose as a middle man that collect a fee (from N500 to N2000) to hold your money anytime someone announces that they have pounds for sale. You will be informed that this is for your safety until the person that wants to sell sends the same money to the admin. The admin will then supposedly remit both your monies to one another while only keeping the admin fee.

This sounds really nice and for your safety, but it is a front. A BIG SCAM FRONT. Students should be careful not to exchange on most escrow Telegram pages built like this. It is often SCAM, no mater how believable and safe it looks.

One particular group you should stay away from is a Telegram group called "UK Pounds Sterling Student Exchange". One of the admins has a username @TRUSTADMINVERUK. I was his victim today. Here is his account details:

BANK: PalmPay Limited
ACCOUNT: 9049798704
FULL NAME: Abubakar Hamza

Once I paid him the money and fee, expecting the other member who wants to exchange their pounds send to my account, I noticed I was removed from the group. My telegram account was instantly reported and banned as well. It all happened within 30 minutes but I have screenshots of his details and the group that I will attach to this. I am sure the other guy that has pounds to exchange was scammed too, or he is probably a scam front as well. His own name is Olayinka Adebowale.

Be careful out there people. SCAMMERS come for everyone. Also be careful once you come across the name ABUBAKAR HAMZA with 9049798704 account number at PALYPAY LIMITED. The hand of the law should catch up with him and others like him pretty soon.

PresidentAtiku:
Who else has noticed this unique trait about alleged scammers?

They are very determined, heartless and relentless.

Coming to nairaland, cases like bet9ja, website development etc are all schemes that have been used for scams( not saying all are scams). Then on Facebook lately, you see egg/ bird companies sponsoring ads. You think they are genuine only to be blocked when you pay or complain.

Binomo investment, United capital investment etc are other money doubling scams hitting people especially on facebook

They all have mobile numbers and ask you to reach out. You will hardly see phone numbers like 0803, 0802, 0806 but always something like 0812, 0704, etc

Another common trait about them especially on nairaland is that they don't give up. No matter how many times you click the report button, the create a new moniker and then post same image.

Lately, someone has been posting the image below saying he will make one a developer. You notice different variants of a similar handle APEXC1111 or APEXC4352 etc.

Let's help get rid of these rogues and reduce the no of people getting scammed. Do not hesitate to use the report button

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Lady Was Arrested Illegally By Police For Wearing This In Ibadan (photo) / They Killed Innocent Man - Blackaxe And Buccaneer in Sango Lagos - PHOTOS / Atiku's ABTI Academy Complex in Yola Set Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.