Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:26 PM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? (3578 Views)

Samsung A30s For Sale / Xaiomi Mi A3 Or Samsung A30s / Top 7 Things To Do Instead Of Buying The Iphone 8 Or Iphone 8 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by Olamyyde(m): 1:59pm On May 22, 2020
Renida:

wink I use it so I know. Redmi 4000mah is weaker than infinix 4000mah for example
Why won't infinix batteries last longer when 95% of their devices use crappy 720p lcd displays and poor underpowered chipsets?

Screen resolution and refresh rate are big battery suckers. Try reducing the refresh rate and screen resolution of a laptop and see how long it lasts.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by Renida: 2:02pm On May 22, 2020
Olamyyde:

Why won't infinix batteries last longer when 95% of their devices use crappy 720p lcd displays and poor underpowered chipsets?

Screen resolution and refresh rate are big battery suckers. Try reducing the refresh rate and screen resolution of a laptop and see how long it lasts.

Continue using phones where you'll have to be carrying charger along.

Lol at processor complains. Dude go buy a laptop for separate use
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by abiolag(m): 2:05pm On May 22, 2020
Peezzy:
Thank you all for your advises. I've decided to go for the Redmi note 8. However, it's still not yet available in my state. They sold the only one here in my presence yesterday. I've been promised next week, hopefully, as they'll be transported down here from Lagos.

Cc: abiolag, nitt, witnezHD, eteebanky, horlahwaley ikennamadu1 Renida joudini OmoDavido festwiz BoluwajiPieters Ofemmanutosure treasuremi1 Criptofxt10 OmoDavido ernxto
Nice one. I think I'll also go for Redmi note 8 until the high price of iphone go down. Then i can get my Iphone again
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by festwiz(m): 2:21pm On May 22, 2020
Peezzy:
Thank you all for your advises. I've decided to go for the Redmi note 8. However, it's still not yet available in my state. They sold the only one here in my presence yesterday. I've been promised next week, hopefully, as they'll be transported down here from Lagos.

Cc: abiolag, nitt, witnezHD, eteebanky, horlahwaley ikennamadu1 Renida joudini OmoDavido festwiz BoluwajiPieters Ofemmanutosure treasuremi1 Criptofxt10 OmoDavido ernxto

Okay. Can't wait to see the beautiful photos you shoot with the RN8 on the Gallery thread. wink
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by Hollusilva28(m): 2:39pm On May 22, 2020
Hello house, Please, I want to shed some light on some issues with people comments up and down.

Please, as far as nobody force you, use your money to buy whatever phone brand that please you, but meanwhile don't come to the thread and be complaining up and down.

I'm currently using redmi phone since last year I purchased it, I've not had any problem with it, cos is a nice phone.

So, we need to start planning, how we can make ourselves grow or to become better person in the future, not fighting on top of who use better phone.

Happy weekend to you all.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by oodua1stson: 2:40pm On May 22, 2020
Ofemmanutosure:

This is not true. It is well known that samsung doesnt have good battery especially those running on exynos processor.

Redmi note 8 > samsung a30s
old Samsung phones.ask anyone using new Samsung phones from 2019. They have the best battery currently

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:25pm On May 22, 2020
Peezzy:
I'm getting a phone today whether the devil likes it or not.

I've checked out both devices yesterday during my window shopping.

Samsung A30s : 84k. With 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM. Cool camera, better than Redmi IMO. Lesser screen resolution compared to the note 8

Redmi note 8: 85k 6GB RAM, 128GB ROM. Camera spec higher than A30s but somehow the A30s has the better pictures and motion video.

The 128GB storage space is making me consider the Redmi note 8. None is an MTK device.

I need advice from the Tech experts, please.
redmi note 8 is not 85k...it's redmi note 8 pro that's around 83k and that is way better than A30s...so go for the redmi note 8 pro...don't be scammed into paying 85k for the rn8...that's the price of the pro variant
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:28pm On May 22, 2020
Peezzy:

hope it's note 8 pro you got for that 85k...cos note 8 is just around 68k...note 8 pro is 80+

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by Peezzy(f): 5:49pm On May 22, 2020
Baddestguyp:
hope it's note 8 pro you got for that 85k...cos note 8 is just around 68k...note 8 pro is 80+
not sure if it's the pro or not. It's the 4gb/128gb variant, and I'm yet to even lay hand on it nor pay for it.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by Olamyyde(m): 6:19pm On May 22, 2020
Renida:

Continue using phones where you'll have to be carrying charger along.

Lol at processor complains. Dude go buy a laptop for separate use
Senseless reply as expected.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by Renida: 6:26pm On May 22, 2020
Olamyyde:

Senseless reply as expected.

Smh, the younger generation
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:37pm On May 22, 2020
Peezzy:
not sure if it's the pro or not. It's the 4gb/128gb variant, and I'm yet to even lay hand on it nor pay for it.
if it's 4/128 it's not pro...and it can't be sold for 85k...that's scam...it's around 70k
It's the pro that is 80+
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by Prechy2836(m): 8:09pm On May 22, 2020
Baddestguyp:
if it's 4/128 it's not pro...and it can't be sold for 85k...that's scam...it's around 70k
It's the pro that is 80+
Bro lockdown + dollar price don increase phone prices currently the 4/64 RN8 is being sold for 73K. Jumia and Slot prices..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by LehreMi: 10:11am On May 23, 2020
Were you informed of the price tag please
Peezzy:

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by edoairways: 11:01am On May 23, 2020
Renida:

wink I use it so I know. Redmi 4000mah is weaker than infinix 4000mah for example
How true is this?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by edoairways: 11:06am On May 23, 2020
Criptofxt10:

my friend let me advice you.....
any Samsung phone other than NOTE and high end S-SERIES is as good as tecno and infinix phones... I've used several Samsung phones and all always ended in regrets... i mean phone of 80k+... please save yourself the stress and go for redmi because Samsung phone are very slow compared to their ram sizes.
thank you
Really!
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by Peezzy(f): 2:45pm On May 23, 2020
LehreMi:
Were you informed of the price tag please
about 3 hubs promised me next week. Slot said it'd be around 70k, one said it'll be 85k, another said 88k but negotiable
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by LehreMi: 3:21pm On May 24, 2020
Thank you
Peezzy:
about 3 hubs promised me next week. Slot said it'd be around 70k, one said it'll be 85k, another said 88k but negotiable
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by micxwell(m): 1:47am On Nov 09, 2021
Peezzy:
I'm curious smiley. How was your experience with the Redmi Note 8 and which phone are you using currently?

Also, I saw your post about being shortlisted for the Nigeria Custom Service Recruitment. How did that go as well.

Don't mind my questions please smiley
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by Peezzy(f): 9:08am On Nov 09, 2021
micxwell:

I'm curious smiley. How was your experience with the Redmi Note 8 and which phone are you using currently?

Also, I saw your post about being shortlisted for the Nigeria Custom Service Recruitment. How did that go as well.

Don't mind my questions please smiley
the phone was really good. Badass camera, ran smoothly before I lost it after a few months.

Well, customs is going well. Thank God

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by micxwell(m): 10:48am On Nov 09, 2021
Peezzy:
the phone was really good. Badass camera, ran smoothly before I lost it after a few months.

Well, customs is going well. Thank God

Eh sorry.

For the customs; have they gone to camp? If not when do you think they're likely to go.

Thanks for the reply.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by Peezzy(f): 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2021
micxwell:

Eh sorry.

For the customs; have they gone to camp? If not when do you think they're likely to go.

Thanks for the reply.
not sooner than January. Documentation ends on 7th December and camp is usually a month after.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by seanwilliam(m): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2021
Add money buy s10plus.

All these midrange phones no Be my thing
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? by micxwell(m): 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2021
Peezzy:
not sooner than January. Documentation ends on 7th December and camp is usually a month after.
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Slot Nigeria Mobile Phones & Prices (with Latest Promo) / Lets talk about the Infinix S4 / Sold sold...Used Lg V30 4gb Ram/ 64gb Rom @ #50,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.