Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

My Blogging Diary - My Journey Into Creating A Highly Profitable Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Blogging Diary - My Journey Into Creating A Highly Profitable Blog (597 Views)

Pls How Can I Get Rid Of This From My Blogging Site / Good Web Hosting To Use For My Blogging Career / How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Blogging Diary - My Journey Into Creating A Highly Profitable Blog by databoy247(m): 7:15am On May 21, 2020
I am a content creator and have been earning money online from content for the past 5 - 6 years. A huge chunk of my startup company depends on content to thrive and it successfully gained traction because of the kind of content I produced. It was a highly niched content.

And this paved the way for my startup to begin exploring B2B opportunities late last year and the prospects have been amazing. However, on the verge of hitting a contract that would have paid up to N25 million (pure profit) in the month of March, the lockdown started and everything took a u-turn.

I lost the contract and my company has been on hold ever since. My business niche is going to pick up again but it might take a while.

That's the reason why I decided to pick up blogging.

You see, a lot of people tell you to blog about your passion and the money will follow. Well, not me. Money is my passion.

And just in case you are not aware, blogging is one of the most difficult business to engage in. It takes A LOT of work and planning. Plus you get to spend some hours of your time every day for you to succeed.

It is generally believed that it takes up to a year or two to really start profiting from your blog. Let's see how true this is.

I'll try to make my blog break even in the next few months.

The blog is an all-purpose blog but the majority of the contents I'll publish (and have been publishing) are related to starting and growing your small business using both online and offline strategies. At least I have been an entrepreneur for the past 7 - 8 years so I should know a thing or two to share.

I'll implore you to join me as I begin this journey into blogging.

As I progress, I'll share my discoveries, strategies, ideas, and all until I start making real money.

I just started some 3 weeks back but I have purchased the domain name for over a year now. I just purchased it and kept it because it sounded cool - two words and super easy to spell. Plus it's a .com domain name.

Feel free to implement my strategies in your blog, and also feel free to ask me questions.

Just in case, the name of the blog is BaseTimes.com

Re: My Blogging Diary - My Journey Into Creating A Highly Profitable Blog by databoy247(m): 7:29am On May 21, 2020
To take you back a bit.

As I said, I started some three weeks back. And I used WordPress to set up the blog.

Plugins I used in configuring the blog includes..

Yoast SEO - This is very important. It helps ensure my posts are properly SEO-optimized.

I also created a profit system that rewards writers who wish to publish content in my blog. You earn N100 for every post published and then N0.35 kobo for every view your post gets.

Easy WP SMTP - to enable sending of emails directly from my blog

Internal Link Juicer - To help with inbound linking (very important for Google). This is when I forget to do it myself.

Newsletter Plugin - to send emails to writers directly from the blog

SumoMe - to convert readers and visitors into subscribers (very important)

User Submitted Posts - For front end submission of posts by writers.

1 Like

Re: My Blogging Diary - My Journey Into Creating A Highly Profitable Blog by bedfordng(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2020
not bad at all. keep it up.
Re: My Blogging Diary - My Journey Into Creating A Highly Profitable Blog by jefy(m): 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2020
Wow, loving this because i just starting my idealization stage on what and what i really want. An all purpose blog is what i thought about. I am a content creator on opera news and there rejection rates got me into the blogging mind set...i asked my self, why dont you write for your self? That got me thinking about blogging. I am new to this field as i know absolutely nothing about setting up a blog. But your post seems encouraging...hoping to do it the youtube way why i learn from you...thanks ,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Transfer Domain Names? / Standard Mini Flat To LET At Iyana Ipaja / How Much Will It Cost Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.