Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections (1734 Views)

Jega To Cancel April Presidential Election... / National Assembly election postponed again to---9th April Presidential ---16th April Gov/House Of As / What Do You Expect From The Winner Of April Presidential Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by denex: 11:24pm On Jun 09, 2007
People are protesting against the last elections, marred by irregularities and rigging.

But considering the massive effort put in by the candidates in campaign, publicity and the quality of their manifesto and also assuming there were no irregularities in the elections whatsoever, who would be Nigeria's president today?
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by degoat: 2:23am On Jun 10, 2007
Denex, what do you think? May be a foreigner?
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by MILITIA(f): 2:29am On Jun 10, 2007
George W. Bushman!
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by MILITIA(f): 3:50am On Jun 10, 2007
@oboatioko

Fascinated with the contents of your screen name as usual!  Enjoy!  As my A or B-Hole, you will never smell 'em since you are not qualified! Quit trying! cool
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by vigasimple(m): 4:34am On Jun 10, 2007
Just watching the proceeding from a neutral point of view.

If for shouting sake and ability to waste money all thing be equal Atiku may have a shout but then Bhuari tried.

In the end OBJ has done a political masterstroke in political manouvering.

Yar Adua would still win it hands down.

This is a clever game by OBJ in selecting Yar Adua, he is from a know Political family so acceptable to the north

From the south point of view he is not an original PDP or if you care to call it NPN or Republican, he is more of a democrat or Liberal, and if in UK the Labour party, He is from the old PRP of late Aminu Kano.

Secondly Yar Adua according to most press observer has done well in his state and he is the only one of the few Governors that declare his asset on coming to office as a Governor.

Now OBJ master stroke is that he choose a Kastina man to neuralise Bhuari (from Kastina)another heavy weight candidate (who strictly speaking has nothing to offer Nigeria. He also neutralise Atiku because Sheu Yar Adua the brother of Umaru Yar Adua is the political mentor of Atiku and yar adua mother is their mother all from an heavy weight political family. Atiku neutralised. Both are unable to attack Yar Adua ferociously as they would of any other candidate.

Finally, Umar Yar Adua is not as controversial as all the rest, then OBJ got Goodluck JOnathan from South South to pacify the south south. case is close. Rememebr Goodluck has always been lucky and I think he will end of being President before the end of this term. Do not ask me how, he did it in Bayelsa, histroy has a way of repeating itself maybe this time in different way.

Again Yar Adua is a gentleman compare to the others, look at a full time Pastor running for Presidncy in a country like Nigeria, no chance, there are too many intricacies. Yar Adua as part of the old Kaduna mafia(which in reality is Katsina Mafia) was also used in checkmating IBB.

That man OBJ has some political wisdom propably GOd given. He failed in other directions though notably electricty and the aborted 3rd time, he shoukd have simply groomed good candidates from both the south east and south south maybe even the North.

Look, in any other country apart from NIgeria PDP will not be contesting election let alone campaiging, they spent 8 years they cannot fix electricity. PDP NO Power, No light. Shame on them

Seriously I hope Yar ADua do declare state of emergency on Electricity and get it fixed.

Also PDP won because they were vigorously campaigining even though they lack a lot of credibility but they won the election because of the economic reform and EFCC doing a good job even they were selective Trials. But they got IGP conviction first in the history of Nigeria, Africa or indeed any country, NO IGP anywhere in the world has gone to prison.

The oppossition know they are not credible and that they are going to loose election and they were busy saying there will be no election OBJ didn't want to, he would't hand over. Again they forget history tends to repeat itself. They got it badly wrong. OBJ handover once he will do it again

If ATIKU and BHuari has joined together in the last election with Bhuari as President and ATiku again as VP they would have won as they will wrong foot PDP but they were too busy nothing want to conceed the President position. ATIKU is the biggest loser, he would have kept his immunity, spend 4-8years as VP got to President and no EFCC or FBI indictment, the guy got too big and greedy, he loose out more than any other candidate.

On the whole the next to the best man emerge even though the election was not perfect.

To my 2 sister, I understand Militia, she phock hard but the other one is propably too vulgar with her name, she reminded me of men who talk loudly of their actions in bed,we know them as non perfomer when it comes to action, beleive me I suspect that one from Maryland Yankee is in my humble opinion a big basket mouth less of action(not that I want to be left in a room with her-as I cannot trust her ways, I think she propably harrass than the real thing).

Anyway good luck but do remeber to change your name. If you want something specifically ask for it on this site, believe me there will be volunteers and takers. (definitely not the one for me)

May God continue to bless Nigeria and her people.
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by Uche2nna(m): 4:44am On Jun 10, 2007
Wow!!! I wish could type like this without having a migraine!!!
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by sartorius(m): 7:30am On Jun 10, 2007
lol uche grin
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by azorjiu(m): 9:30am On Jun 10, 2007
If the election had been free and fair, Atiku Utomi would have just arrived from the G-8 summit in Germany.
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by Mariory(m): 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2007
azorjiu:

If the election had been free and fair, Atiku Utomi would have just arrived from the G-8 summit in Germany.

How many grass root Nigerians know who Utomi is? I don't even think Utomi campaigned in up to half the country.
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by knotty(m): 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2007
fore sure, ANTI-SOUTH Buhari did not win that election nor can he ever win one in naija until he atones for his Sharia sin against all christian.
neither did the thieving Atiku win. maybe, then the question is who won?
the answer is Obasanjo.
the other Obasanjo. loloooollllll
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by Mamajama(m): 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2007
yar Adua HANDS DOWN WON THE ELECTION
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by doncartel: 6:30pm On Jun 10, 2007
yaradua could have won a fair contest with the right marketing and policies because atiku and buhari are not really the very best an opposition should offer.though pdp would still have a lot of problems at governorship level maybe thats why they retained the rigging machinery for the presidential contest
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by denex: 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2007
Well, I felt if the elections had been absolutely free and fair, Yar'Adua would have had a landslide victory. I didn't want this debate to start with a bias that's why I didn't declare my opinion. So it makes me ponder why the elections were not free and fair.
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by MILITIA(f): 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2007
Hmmmmmmmmmm! undecided Animal Farm! lipsrsealed
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by Mamajama(m): 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2007
Look at all the clown that was contesting against Yar Adua. Buhari Two time looser, ATIKU, i wont even commet on that. none of them could have won against Yar Adua
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by MILITIA(f): 9:32pm On Jun 10, 2007
@MAMAJAMA
You mean Y'ardua campaingned? shocked I did not even know about him till about a month to the "selection" process! Did he actually debate on issues even by Nigerian standards? Did he even go to the West not to talk of he East and South to declare his M.O. for the "selection process"? Just Baffled! Need honest answers! Did he even know he was a presidential candidate as of February? I may be misinformed so help me please. embarassed
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by denex: 10:04pm On Jun 10, 2007
@MILITIA

which kain talk be this? Yar'Adua and Goodluck were on every daily newspaper everyday from about 3 months to the elections. They were on all the TV stations, both government and private. Then there were all the billboards both within the metropolis and interstate. And not forgetting the 15 minute documentary featuring OBJ, Cecilia Ibru, Saro Wiwa's son and many more. There's the nationwide tour which OBJ took them on, that landed Yar'Adua in hospital.

Abeg, Yar'Adua's campaign covered 80% of all presidential campaigning before the election.
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by denex: 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2007
@MILITIA

which kain talk be this? Yar'Adua and Goodluck were on every daily newspaper everyday from about 3 months to the elections. They were on all the TV stations, both government and private. Then there were all the billboards both within the metropolis and interstate. And not forgetting the 15 minute documentary featuring OBJ, Cecilia Ibru, Saro Wiwa's son and many more. There's the nationwide tour which OBJ took them on, that landed Yar'Adua in hospital.

Abeg, Yar'Adua's campaign covered 80% of all presidential campaigning before the election.
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by MILITIA(f): 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2007
@Denex

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 3 months! Sorry oh! My bad! Na 3 months normal countries and people dey take prepare for "selection process" ! I see where I went wrong. Please sir no vex oh. grin I neva heard of an incumbent president campaigning for election. Like im no get work to do! At least our "Bush" for here dey for im office. Wetin concern OBJ for the matter if no be "selection Process". We just went thru with the democratic an republican parties debates here oh! I no see Bush for dia oh! I guess you mean "demon-crazy" Naija style! grin Okay I understand! Rubbish!
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by denex: 11:44pm On Jun 10, 2007
What I am asking here is who do you think won it? With a view to campaign, publicity and manifesto. The fact that Yar'Adua even had OBJ as one of his campaign mascots shows that he over did it. Abeg, I nor want dey bias for this discussion, but while one man dey give manifesto of 7 point agenda, his opponents are giving manifesto of "we must seize power from the PDP" is that enough to win votes?

Who would have won considering their effort. Yar'Adua had a strong point of transparency and performance in his state. That was what his campaigners capitalised on.
Atiku had the strong point of a successful struggle for justice and against Yar'Adua, he had the fact that Sharia was implemented in Katsina state by Yar'Adua. His campaign staff did not capitalise on any of these.

Imagine if a little reminder had been sent to us in the south that he implemented it in his state and his plan is to implement sharia nationally. Yar'Adua would have not only lost the whole Ibo, south-south and yoruba votes, but all the christian hausa and moderate muslim hausa votes. Then Buhari would be there to share the remaining with him. Yar'Adua would have lost so much that the highest level of rigging would've only been able to place him 9th.

But instead his opponents chose to hold on to the "we must seize power from the PDP" campaign plan. I can't vote for you just because you want to seize power. Okay after seizing power, do we just sit down and start staring at the power?

Abeg, to me, none other put his back into it like Yar'Adua.
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by MILITIA(f): 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2007
@Denex
You already have a winner you desired and are pleased with so why the stress? Does it matter who won? I say it is George W. Bushman! HABA! What a question! shocked
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by Mamajama(m): 2:25am On Jun 11, 2007
MILITIA if you recalled, right before YAR ADUA was presented. I was in ABUJA ans I watch BABA IYABO had meeting with all the governors that were aspiring to be president. He told them to withdraw and support YAR ADUA. some were defiant and he told them point blank if they pursue their ambition and EFCC investigate and found them sticking their hand in the HONEY JAR, they will be severely dealt with, and the next thing we know, they were all withdrawing like calm wave with no direction. No one knew YAR ADUA was going to be a candidate till the last minute. BABA surprised everyone.
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by MILITIA(f): 3:38am On Jun 11, 2007
@MAMAJAMA
Thank you oh! A beg say it again! grin Some are telling me he "campaigned"! We all know what happened so we know who is deceiving who! I may not live in Nigeria, but I was born and raised there. Nothing has changed since I left. I still visit every year or two. So I don't know why some people think that those in Nigeria are more informed than those outside Nigeria and vice versa!
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by Biafralord(m): 7:26am On Jun 11, 2007
@outlaws

Ganja man! you better stop smoking that stuff in oregon. You know the police arrested your father for rape last week. I'll see you in court
tomorrow. Your mother was also pleading for your father on national television. Your fucking harlot mother should be ashamed for owning prostitutes!!! Fucking minority man!!! Otu Nnegi their!!! bastard!!! She was sentenced 25 years! shame!!!

Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by denex: 9:49am On Jun 11, 2007
This is hardly the place for this line of outburst.
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by Afam(m): 10:27am On Jun 11, 2007
Yar'adua.

Did someone put Utomi's name here? Maybe if the election was conducted on Youtube and Patito's Gang.
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by chidichris(m): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2007
if you are talking about election, there was none but if you are talking about selection, Yar Adua of course.
the first time obj was a military president, it was yar adua's elder as his second. when obj was arrested by abacha, it was alongside yar adua so obj coming back as president could have been the too but for the sake of sponsorship and someother reaso, it was atiku so the only way to continue the obj - yar adua family friendship will be to hand over to the same family maybe the next will be Gbenga obasanjo or iyabo anything can happen
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by folem: 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2007
Afam:

Did someone put Utomi's name here? Maybe if the election was conducted on Youtube and Patito's Gang.

Yar Adua won the elections and will win if there are re-runs 20 times over featuring the same candidates.

Hi! Afam.

I don't think Utomi can win an election in his Local Government either in Delta State (State of Origin) or Lagos State (State of Residence) for now but he may become a bigger force in the future if he can do better networking among the opposition.
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by Beline(f): 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2007
I think this kind of question should be who won the PDP Primaries because all the Presidential candidates were too corrupt to compare to Yar' Adua
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by DisGuy: 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2007
apparently people in Lagos voted for Atiku shocked beats me dead o!

the pdp primaries werent that transparent, wel thats their business but Yaradua will come out tops in a proper election anyway.

just imagine pat utomi with no governors or senate member from his party(whats the name of his party again?) he just campaigned alone with mainly website backers who can't be bothered to vote
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by babasin(m): 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2007
the pdp primaries werent that transparent, wel thats their business [b]but Yaradua will come out tops in a proper election anyway.[/[/b]quote]

thats sounds like OBJ talking
cool grin cool
Re: Who Do You Believe Won The April Presidential Elections by denex: 5:29pm On Jun 22, 2007
What about Atiku? I believe he was cheated by the fact that his court appearances didn't give him time to campain.

On the other hand, I believe a good politician would have even used those court appearances to gather more sympathy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adamawa Gov Sacked ! / Petroleum Minister Defies Vp; Travels To Austria / Yar’adua: Massive Looting In Govt – Balarabe Musa, Group Allege – Tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.