Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Egbuson - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Egbuson (1973 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egbuson by aloyemeka1: 12:22pm On Jan 17, 2011
This name is shared between Igbos and Ijaws from Bayelsa. What is the meaning and is the Igbo Egbuson the same as the Ijaw Egbuson?. I know one Obinna Egbuson and another Ifeyinwa Egbuson and they are from Imo state and I also know that Dakore Egbuson[Nollywood star] is Ijaw from Bayelsa state.
Re: Egbuson by joyblinks(f): 1:11pm On Jan 17, 2011
its normal. i am from rivers state but i know people from abia state and Imo state that bears the same surname with me
Re: Egbuson by aloyemeka1: 7:22pm On Jan 17, 2011
joyblinks:

its normal. i am from rivers state but i know people from abia state and Imo state that bears the same surname with me

Rivers is different because majority of them are from the Igboid stock but when it comes to Ijaw, it is a different ball game. I wouldn't be asking this question if she is Ikwere or ndokwa or okrika.
Re: Egbuson by joyblinks(f): 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2011
And who told u Rivers State is not Ijaw? the Okirika and Kalabari people are purely Ijaws or maybe you think Rivers State is only made up of Ikwerre? and for your info. the only people in Rivers State that speaks or has anything to do with igboland are the Ikwerre people. the rest re either from Ijaw or Calabar.

so no talk wetin u no sabi.
Re: Egbuson by aloyemeka1: 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2011
joyblinks:

and who told u rivers state is not Ijaw? the okirika and kalabari people are ijaws or maybe you think rivers state is only made up of ikwerre?

I didn't say Ijaws are not in Rivers but their major state is Bayelsa. Rivers is more like Delta, mixed up here and there with Ijaw, Urhobo, Itsekiri,Igbo, Ogoni, etc but Bayelsa is 97% Ijaw.
Re: Egbuson by joyblinks(f): 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2011
and what makes you think i am from ikwerre(the igbo speaking part of Rivers state) for me to bear the surname an igbo man bears? well for your info, i am from the Ijaw part of Rivers State. so when i say its normal for both to bear the same name, i am not wrong.
Re: Egbuson by AndreUweh(m): 9:02pm On Jan 17, 2011
joyblinks:

And who told u Rivers State is not Ijaw? the Okirika and Kalabari people are purely Ijaws or maybe you think Rivers State is only made up of Ikwerre? and for your info. the only people in Rivers State that speaks or has anything to do with igboland are the Ikwerre people. the rest re either from Ijaw or Calabar.

Ikwerres are not the only group that speaks Igbo or has anything to do with Igboland. The groups that are Igbo speaking includes:
Ekpeye, Omuma Etche, Ogba, Ndoni, Obigbo (Oyigbo) and Egbema.
Re: Egbuson by aloyemeka1: 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2011
joyblinks:

Did I say you are from Ikwerre?. Why the hostility of I may ask?. Who cares where you come from? And what is this your last name that Igbos bear because someone like you may find it difficult to differentiate between Igbo and Urhobo?. Yes, Rivers state has Ijaws in it just like they have other Igboid groups. You cannot call Rivers or Delta states Ijaw states but it is very comfortable to refer to  Bayelsa as an Ijaw state.

Also, there is no tribe or ethnic group in Nigeria known as Calabar.
Re: Egbuson by AndreUweh(m): 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Did I say you are from Ikwerre?. Why the hostility of I may ask?. Who cares where you come from? And what is this your last name that Igbos bear because someone like you may find it difficult to differentiate between Igbo and Urhobo?. Yes, Rivers state has Ijaws in it just like they have other Igboid groups. You cannot call Rivers or Delta states Ijaw states but it is very comfortable to refer to Bayelsa as an Ijaw state.

Also, there is no tribe or ethnic group in Nigeria known as Calabar.
Spot on.
Re: Egbuson by joyblinks(f): 5:00am On Jan 18, 2011
did you tell me i am from Ikwere?
Rivers is different because majority of them are from the Igboid stock but when it comes to Ijaw, it is a different ball game. I wouldn't be asking this question if she is Ikwere or ndokwa or okrika.

so what does this mean, that i am from hausa?

as for where am from, am i Obama dat that u will know where am from?

u just dey confuse urself dey go. i just wanted to clear you with the fact that Rivers State is not just made of the igbo speaking people but also has Ijaws in it. and even if i didnt put the name Cross River. i believe u still understand me when i say Calabar. but if u still dont know, check google.
Re: Egbuson by asha80(m): 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2011
joyblinks:

did you tell me i am from Ikwere?
so what does this mean, that i am from hausa?

as for where am from, am i Obama dat that u will know where am from?

u just dey confuse urself dey go. i just wanted to clear you with the fact that Rivers State is not just made of the igbo speaking people but also has Ijaws in it. and even if i didnt put the name Cross River. i believe u still understand me when i say Calabar. but if u still dont know, check google. 

you are still shooting yourself in the foot because in crossriver there are 3 major ethnic group namely efiks,ejaghams and bekwerras so saying calabar or crossriver means nothing.also which one of them is indegenous in rivers?
Re: Egbuson by joyblinks(f): 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
you are still shooting yourself in the foot because in crossriver there are 3 major ethnic group namely efiks,ejaghams and bekwerras so saying calabar or crossriver means nothing.also which one of them is indegenous in river

this is not the reason for my arguement with Aloy. but if u still want to know. i dont know anything about Cross River State but i do know that some tribes in Rivers State like Andoni are from Cross Rivers(dosent matter the part of cross rivers)

u get it? well if u dont, go kiss a transformer.
Re: Egbuson by AndreUweh(m): 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2011
joyblinks:

this is not the reason for my arguement with Aloy. but if u still want to know. i dont know anything about Cross River State but i do know that some tribes in Rivers State like Andoni are from Cross Rivers(dosent matter the part of cross rivers)

Don't be rude small fry.
Re: Egbuson by asha80(m): 10:58pm On Jan 18, 2011
joyblinks:

only people with weak ways of presenting their argument take this route.
Re: Egbuson by aloyemeka1: 12:33pm On Jan 19, 2011
joyblinks:

So you finally did your home work instead of making noise without an idea of who and who made up your state. I am not fighting for land in Rivers state with you and you are yet to prove me wrong that Rivers is not a state demarcated into different groups and sub-gropus. Calabari as you confirmed now is a subgroup of ijaw ethnic group just like Ikwere is an Igbo subgroup. The same goes to all other small small groups found in your state. As a matter of fact, Delta is much better because they have clear groups: Igbo, Urhobo, Ijaw, itsekiri etc.

I don't even know why you are angry over this issue. It is just a discussion and you are getting worked up over nothing. You think Okoro people are trying to claim your land like your people usually do?.
Re: Egbuson by Abagworo(m): 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2011
Why is it that anytime something has to do with Igbo it becomes tribalised by another Nigerian?

Bayelsa bearing names that are spelt the same with Igbo is more noticeable when you actually visit Bayelsa and view names of places.A good example is Otueke which is both in Abia and Bayelsa state.

Ijaw language is entirely different from Igbo language but some words were inter-changed due to trade.Words like "Ama" feature in most town names across the two groups.

2ndly some Ekpeyes are native of Bayelsa and Ekpeyes are a sister group to Igbos.They are however a minute population.
Re: Egbuson by joyblinks(f): 2:53pm On Jan 19, 2011
only people with weak ways of presenting their argument take this route.

and i guess thats all u can say right? if u dont know anything about what we re talking about, why u no just turn sitdown-look?

@Aloy.
i no dey fear ooo because before Okoro go come collect our land, Musa go don collect ona land.
Re: Egbuson by aloyemeka1: 5:42pm On Jan 19, 2011
joyblinks:

and i guess thats all u can say right? if u dont know anything about what we re talking about, why u no just turn sitdown-look?

@Aloy.
i no dey fear ooo because before Okoro go come collect our land, Musa go don collect ona land.

And you are happy about that,abi?. You want Musa to crush the Igbos so you can be happy?. What exactly will that do for you or your people?. The Igbo hatred is in you and that is why you became offensive when I asked a simple question. Yet, you are not providing your so called Igbo last name  undecided.
Re: Egbuson by ifyalways(f): 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2011
Abagworo:

Why is it that anytime something has to do with Igbo it becomes tribalised by another Nigerian?

Bayelsa bearing names that are spelt the same with Igbo is more noticeable when you actually visit Bayelsa and view names of places.A good example is Otueke which is both in Abia and Bayelsa state.

Ijaw language is entirely different from Igbo language but some words were inter-changed due to trade.Words like "Ama" feature in most town names across the two groups.

2ndly some Ekpeyes are native of Bayelsa and Ekpeyes are a sister group to Igbos.They are however a minute population.
Mbiama,Amarata etc . . makes sense undecided
Re: Egbuson by joyblinks(f): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2011
@Aloy. i am not happy at anything oh because even if Musa takes over Okoro, i have nothing to gain or loose. but the statement i made is a reply to your own statement.
u said i am afraid that the Okoros will take over my land and i replied

before the Okoro will take over my land, the Musa's must have taken over the Okoros. its a 1-1 draw. finish

i dont have any hatred for any tribe in Nigeria,
Re: Egbuson by asha80(m): 9:22pm On Jan 19, 2011
joyblinks:

@Aloy.

i even know your state more than you .go and tell and enlightend efik person that he or she is calabar and see whether that person will not be cross with you.you just got yourself worked up for nothing.
Re: Egbuson by joyblinks(f): 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2011
since u know my state more than me, what have u said about the state ehnnn?

take ur time here ooo
Re: Egbuson by asha2: 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2011
joyblinks:

since u know my state more than me, what have u said about the state ehnnn?

take your time here ooo

or else cool
Re: Egbuson by joyblinks(f): 7:33am On Jan 21, 2011
or else?

i reserve my comment.

(1) (Reply)

My Friend's Experience With Idol Worshippers / Decree 20 Of 1984 In Records- Sai Buhari / Question For Awka Ibom People About The Name Okon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.