Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. (1209 Views)

SHOCKING: Best Friend From Hell. Trust No One, Be Careful Of FAKE Friends / Trust No One- See What Lady Did To Her Best Friend / Nigerian 'Yahoo' Boy Sentenced To Jail In UK Over Credit Card Fraud. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Revfada: 1:46pm On May 21, 2020
About 4 days ago, Someone I thought was my very close friend hacked my SIM and stole All the money in my account.

This so called friend came to borrow my phone to browse and I gave it to him willingly. He returned my phone few hours later and I noticed there wasn't any network signal bar on my phone. I overlooked it.

And for the rest of that day, no network. Still I wasn't bothered. I had to swap my SIM for a glo sim in order to browse later that evening.

Fast forward to three days later, I had to check my mailbox for a mail, only for me to encountered several debit alerts emails from my bank. I was shocked as I didn't make any transactions. I quickly logged in with my bank app to check my account details and I was shocked to see that I did transfers to a access bank account number and I also bought airtime for a strange mtn number via USSD. Which I never did. My account balance was reading just 150 Naira from a previous 230,000 naira. I did my best to get a hold of my bank on phone and explained to the customer care. And I was told, the transactions I did came directly from my SIM card via USSD.

I inserted the Sim card in my phone, still not showing anything. No network. At this point I was quite agitated. So I called Mtn customer care with another line and I was told a SIM swap was done on my line recently.

And that's when it all dawned on me. The last person who used my phone with my mtn line was my so called friend. So I went to his place to confirm, he flamed up when I asked him if he did a SIM swap on my line, he shouted at me, calling me all sort of names.

I noticed he's got a new phone. This is someone that's was saying he was broke recently.

So I left his place and went to report the matter to some street friends of mine...they followed me to his place and after some series of slaps, he confessed he swapped my mtn sim and withdrew the money in my account.

So far I have recovered 100k and the phone from him.

I'm still thinking of getting him arrested. Should I? Or I should just let the street guys retrieve my balance money from him?

Mods OAM4J, Mynd44. This need to get to front page, people need to learn from this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by tgirlblaze(f): 1:58pm On May 21, 2020
Omo do it d street way oo! Naija police are not to be trusted! Dem go collect money from d complainant, collect from offender, at last dem go release ur friend on bail and u go just recover like 30% of ur money

1 Like

Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Revfada: 2:01pm On May 21, 2020
tgirlblaze:
Omo do it d street way oo! Naija police are not to be trusted! Dem go collect money from d complainant, collect from offender, at last dem go release ur friend on bail and u go just recover like 30% of ur money
lol...the street still no free. I gave the guys 5k yesterday.
Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by KingMicky3286: 2:11pm On May 21, 2020
This wrong, Its called a personal phone. Even my mother can not use my phone not to talk of a friend.
Some of us Nigerians a wicked to ourselves.

Your friend should have asked you to give him some money and pay later. I did visa for one of my friends to come abroad, he arrived and few weeks, he wanted to sleep with my fiancee. When i go the news i rented an apartment for him, He was free and was moving everywhere looking for women without thinking, Police caught him as he was toasting a white woman by force.

He was deported to Nigeria.

He is now in the village chasing rats and other animals in the bush.

Don't you ever leave your personal things unattended to where Nigerians are. Most of us are wicked.

Revfada:
About 4 days ago, Someone I thought was my very close friend hacked my SIM and stole All the money in my account.

This so called friend came to borrow my phone to browse and I gave it to him willingly. He returned my phone few hours later and I noticed there wasn't any network signal bar on my phone. I overlooked it.

And for the rest of that day, no network. Still I wasn't bothered. I had to swap my SIM for a glo sim in order to browse later that evening.

Fast forward to three days later, I had to check my mailbox for a mail, only for me to encountered several debit alerts emails from my bank. I was shocked as I didn't make any transactions. I quickly logged in with my bank app to check my account details and I was shocked to see that I did transfers to a access bank account number and I also bought airtime for a strange mtn number via USSD. Which I never did. My account balance was reading just 150 Naira from a previous 230,000 naira. I did my best to get a hold of my bank on phone and explained to the customer care. And I was told, the transactions I did came directly from my SIM card via USSD.

I inserted the Sim card in my phone, still not showing anything. No network. At this point I was quite agitated. So I called Mtn customer care with another line and I was told a SIM swap was done on my line recently.

And that's when it all dawned on me. The last person who used my phone with my mtn line was my so called friend. So I went to his place to confirm, he flamed up when I asked him if he did a SIM swap on my line, he shouted at me, calling me all sort of names.

I noticed he's got a new phone. This is someone that's was saying he was broke recently.

So I left his place and went to report the matter to some street friends of mine...they followed me to his place and after some series of slaps, he confessed he swapped my mtn sim and withdrew the money in my account.

I'm still thinking of getting him arrested. Should I? Or I should just let the street guys retrieve my balance money from him?

Mods OAM4J, Mynd44. This need to get to front page, people need to learn from this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by mrwonlasewonie: 2:12pm On May 21, 2020
Phone is a very private property.its a passage to your life.if you cannot lend anyone your pants or boxers to wear you shouldn't have lent him.

Involve the police and take it up within the jurisdiction of the law

1 Like

Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Revfada: 2:48pm On May 21, 2020
KingMicky3286:
This wrong, Its called a personal phone. Even my mother can not use my phone not to talk of a friend.

Your friend should have asked you to give him some money and pay later. I did visa for one of my friends to come abroad, he arrived and few weeks, he wanted to sleep with my fiancee. When i go the news i rented an apartment for him, He was free and was moving everywhere looking for women without thinking, Police caught him as he was toasting a white woman by force.

He is now in the village chasing rats and animals in the bush.

Don't ever leave your personal things unattended to where Nigerians are. Most of us are wicked.

Ha...are there no true friends again?

I have learnt my lessons though. After collecting the new sim he swapped, i inserted it in my phone and placed a sim lock on the sim too.

Funny enough, he used my details to swapped the sim, still wondering how he did that.

1 Like

Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Revfada: 2:50pm On May 21, 2020
mrwonlasewonie:
Phone is a very private property.its a passage to your life.if you cannot lend anyone your pants or boxers to wear you shouldn't have lent him.

Involve the police and take it up within the jurisdiction of the law
Now i know this. I have always been free with my phone, never thought something like this could ever happen to me.
Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Perfecttouch(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2020
KingMicky3286:

He was now in the village chasing rats and animals in the bush.

Don't ever leave your personal things unattended to where Nigerians are. Most of us are wicked.

oga come again

Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 21, 2020
There is one guy like that,he will borrow your phone and log into your Facebook.You know some guys don't log out from their phones Facebook account.He will use to do fraudulent activities.You will notice that a code has been sent to you for activities you didn't partake.
Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Hoodbilonia: 4:31pm On May 21, 2020
Now go get a check
Yeah her ah.
Now go get a check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz4pGCKnxTg
Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by opeyemi2012(m): 6:40pm On May 21, 2020
You did the right thing by involving street. Police na fraud.

Meanwhile you can earn N120000 in a month with just N1000

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by mrwonlasewonie: 6:46pm On May 21, 2020
Revfada:
Now i know this. I have always been free with my phone, never thought something like this could ever happen to me.
there's a Yoruba addage that says you know the contents of your heart you don't know for others and a smile doesn't mean they love you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by zacckid23(m): 8:24pm On May 21, 2020
Bro same thing happened to me, a friend did it to me 2 years ago, in was lucky I got only 4k in my acct then. I wanted to go withdraw the money and I saw 20# I couldn't believe my self , I went to the bank they told me its was done from my number ..but the only thing I realised was that I never receive text messages again from my number but i was able to browse from it. @ rafadav, is my number not at risk in future
Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by zacckid23(m): 8:29pm On May 21, 2020
Since then I changed my account pin and I have been more careful with my phone since then. Don't trust any one with your phone please... @revfada is my sim not at risk in future bro?
Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by tellwisdom: 8:51pm On May 21, 2020
Who gave you 230k?
Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Thomthom(m): 9:14pm On May 21, 2020
tellwisdom:
Who gave you 230k?
whot a question cry
tellwisdom:
Who gave you 230k?
whot a question
Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Thomthom(m): 9:15pm On May 21, 2020
Nigerians are really Naturally wicked a a guy I took as my brother stole my 1st android phone ...

2 Likes

Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Revfada: 10:22pm On May 21, 2020
mrwonlasewonie:
there's a Yoruba addage that says you know the contents of your heart you don't know for others and a smile doesn't mean they love you.
Yeah, the adage is very apt. This is a guy we cook and eat from the same plate, share a single bottle of beer sometimes. He uses my clothes, my shoes, bring girls to my crib and yet he could do this. He emptied the account, his conscience did not strike him to even leave at least 5k in the account.
Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Revfada: 10:23pm On May 21, 2020
zacckid23:
Bro same thing happened to me, a friend did it to me 2 years ago, in was lucky I got only 4k in my acct then. I wanted to go withdraw the money and I saw 20# I couldn't believe my self , I went to the bank they told me its was done from my number ..but the only thing I realised was that I never receive text messages again from my number but i was able to browse from it. @ rafadav, is my number not at risk in future
I don't know my brother, just go to your bank and probably change your phone number.
Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Revfada: 10:24pm On May 21, 2020
tellwisdom:
Who gave you 230k?
Are you trying to be noticed or what?
Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by captainking(m): 10:34pm On May 21, 2020
Revfada:

Sorry about this bro... Simple SIM card lock would have saved you all this...
That guy needs to be dealt with more..

1 Like

Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by mrwonlasewonie: 10:37pm On May 21, 2020
Revfada:
Yeah, the adage is very apt. This is a guy we cook and eat from the same plate, share a single bottle of beer sometimes. He uses my clothes, my shoes, bring girls to my crib and yet he could do this. He emptied the account, his conscience did not strike him to even leave at least 5k in the account.
Yorubas also said if the fish knew the water he lives with will be used in cooking him,he won't be friends with him.they also said the insect that destroys the plant is inside the leaf.moreover betrayal doesn't always come from an enemy.it comes from a close friend.the Bible has also buttressed this point when it said in the last days Perilous times will come,men will be lovers of themselves,proud, boastful BETRAYERS,HATERS OF FOOD AND LOVERS OF EVIL so it shouldn't be a surprise to you.lastly when God has revealed your frenemy to you,his power over you is destroyed
Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Revfada: 6:07am On May 22, 2020
captainking:

Sorry about this bro... Simple SIM card lock would have saved you all this...
That guy needs to be dealt with more..
Just one of the things I and most people take for granted. Lesson learnt. I have installed a SIM card lock.

By dealing with him more, do you mean like getting him arrested? He promised to pay the balance of my money by month ending. Should I wait till then before taking further action or report to a police station.

The most annoying thing now is he told my church pastor to beg me. The pastor is using style to say I should forgive and forget about the remaining balance that he is yet to pay.
Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Revfada: 6:10am On May 22, 2020
mrwonlasewonie:
Yorubas also said if the fish knew the water he lives with will be used in cooking him,he won't be friends with him.they also said the insect that destroys the plant is inside the leaf.moreover betrayal doesn't always come from an enemy.it comes from a close friend.the Bible has also buttressed this point when it said in the last days Perilous times will come,men will be lovers of themselves,proud, boastful BETRAYERS,HATERS OF FOOD AND LOVERS OF EVIL so it shouldn't be a surprise to you.lastly when God has revealed your frenemy to you,his power over you is destroyed
This is deep.Thanks for the insights.

1 Like

Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by captainking(m): 8:10am On May 22, 2020
Revfada:
Just one of the things I and most people take for granted. Lesson learnt. I have installed a SIM card lock.

By dealing with him more, do you mean like getting him arrested? He promised to pay the balance of my money by month ending. Should I wait till then before taking further action or report to a police station.

The most annoying thing now is he told my church pastor to beg me. The pastor is using style to say I should forgive and forget about the remaining balance that he is yet to pay.
If your pastor is begging on his behalf..then your pastor should pay the balance.. He must pay your balance..if you have connection with anyone in the army... You can use mili6to treat his bad behavior well... You can also report him. To efcc ...thats.if he does not pay you back by month end... Just keep your evidence handy..

2 Likes

Re: Fraud...trust No One With Your Phone. by Shormiey(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2020
Revfada:

Just use police my brother and deal with the bastard of a friend.

(1) (Reply)

Two Nigeria Friends Fight Over N50 Marijuana (video) / Us Executes Woman For The First Time Since 1953 / We Are Biafra Motherland Warrior Says Unknown Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.