Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Western Region Ministerial List In 60s - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Western Region Ministerial List In 60s (11851 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida Laughing At Mamman Vatsa's Wedding In The 60s (photo) / The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times / Buhari Sends Ministerial List To National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by maestroferddi: 8:24pm On May 21, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Call them whatever you want but know Igbos in delta today were never under delta or warri division..

They were always grouped as Edo
You are not making sense...

Go back to the referendum as posted on this thread ..

Asaba and Aboh were separate divisions ...

Asserting that they were part of Edo is preposterous ....

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by Sammy07: 8:24pm On May 21, 2020
maestroferddi:
I shouldn't be teaching you your history...

Ekiti read Ondo was represented there...

You don't understand me.
You were talking of about Ibadan that Awolowo built.

I told you, Ondo is the largest producer of cocoa yet ondo State didn't receive any meaningful development.

Did we cry?

2 Likes

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by maestroferddi: 8:27pm On May 21, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Go to school

An junior minister is either called assistant minister or state minister
Lame...

Nobody was deceived.

Insults and straw men...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by successmatters(m): 8:28pm On May 21, 2020
maestroferddi:
You are not making sense...

Go back to the referendum as posted on this thread ..

Asaba and Aboh were separate divisions ...

Asserting that they were part of Edo is preposterous ....

You mean Agbor ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by mystery22: 8:29pm On May 21, 2020
Fulani's are far better than Yoruba's, afonjas are the worst tribal parasites in Nigeria,see how they dealt with the minorities,chai,they even kill themselves,take afonja in kwara state for example,no wonder an average ijaw man hate them,then they backstabed him(jonathan)and sealed their hatred for Yoruba man, every matured south south are weary of them,akpabio once talked about the monopoly of seaport by Yorubas...I pity the minorities tribe that don't know them..
Ogun state the skull mining headquarter,i am sure awolowo tried introducing ritualist as an occupation in western region that made them(minorities) run for their life..

12 Likes

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by maestroferddi: 8:37pm On May 21, 2020
Gabkosh:
Ok

But Oya, I am back on the topic.

Can you defend the below statement cheesy

Yoruba had 4 states in the 60s While minorities had 2, yet got 7 high position out of 23

While in your region

You igbos had just 3 states and minorities had 4 and the only got 9 out of total 26.

Come and defend your hypocrisy
Which states?

The one Awo in concert with Gowon created in an attempt to helm the Igbos in?

We are talking of regions created under representative democracy and you are trying to deflect by talking about states symptomatic of Awo"s chicanery...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by tamdun: 8:41pm On May 21, 2020
maestroferddi:
Which states?

The one Awo in concert with Gowon created in an attempt to helm the Igbos in?

We are talking of regions created under representative democracy and you are trying to deflect by talking about states symptomatic of Awo"s chicanery...
But u said awo didn't want the Midwest to go but u complained about gowon creating state for minorities

2 Likes

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by excanny: 8:41pm On May 21, 2020
successmatters:

The non yorubas were only good for assistant positions, SECOND FIDDLE was left for Edo people.

No Urhobo, no Itshekiri, no Anioma people.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by Kwashiman: 8:42pm On May 21, 2020
successmatters:

You mean Agbor ?
The original name was Aboh actually before it was changed.
Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by maestroferddi: 8:45pm On May 21, 2020
Gabkosh:
kept evading questions. I like his chameleon character. When you ask him questions that his brain can't answer, he will start writing another thing.

He might even be writing about Chicago river grin.

Omo mehn, his wife dey try at home. I only pity that his daughter cheesy
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Your fellow man out-thinks and out-fights you on a topical issue, you cowardly begin to discuss his family life.

The Japanese did seppuku...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by maestroferddi: 8:52pm On May 21, 2020
Moneywomen17:
Ibos are very tricky. What is the population and landmass of edo and delta which is Midwest compare to yoruba. Now compare rivers, cross river, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom population and land mass against ibo own and ask urself who was marginalizing who among the 2.
What will you tell your little nephew in creche given the absurd comment you made above?

Who votes in elections? People (population) or land mass?

Now, you can call a friend ..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by Sylraph1: 8:52pm On May 21, 2020
What an eye opener

This is a clear definition of marginalisation...

A VIVID case of robbing Peter to pay poor...

EDO and DELTA really suffered under those Guys....

Just wish this would be posted on Twitter for the whole world to see the real meaning of absolute marginalisation and domination...

Thank God They got thier Freedom at last.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by Ekwutox: 8:55pm On May 21, 2020
I really enjoyed this thread, facts upon facts thrown every where. Very educative.

13 Likes

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by Dedetwo(m): 9:09pm On May 21, 2020
successmatters:

The western region created the assistant positions just to make sure Edo and Delta people are subjugated and are placed at inferior positions to that of yorubas.

I guess eastern region would have copied from western region. The minorities in eastern region were given too much of lane.

8 Likes

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by maestroferddi: 9:14pm On May 21, 2020
Gabkosh:
I will surely create a topic for that tonight when I am done with what I am doing.They have shot themselves in the foot. I have always warn them not to be starting what they cannot finish. grin
Bring it on!

I hope you are not planning to Nichodemusly create a thread by midnight when people have retired for the day and tag uour fellow wounjured peeps?

Alert us and we shall give you another hiding...

The internet was made for us...una time don pass.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by maestroferddi: 9:20pm On May 21, 2020
Sammy07:

You don't understand me.
You were talking of about Ibadan that Awolowo built.

I told you, Ondo is the largest producer of cocoa yet ondo State didn't receive any meaningful development.

Did we cry?
That is your business in the South West...

Why should that concern us?

Quit talking out of point...

10 Likes

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by maestroferddi: 9:26pm On May 21, 2020
successmatters:

You mean Agbor ?
Aboh in Ndokwaland.

Not Agbor.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by plessis: 9:30pm On May 21, 2020
mystery22:
Fulani's are far better than Yoruba's, afonjas are the worst tribal parasites in Nigeria,see how they dealt with the minorities,chai,they even kill themselves,take afonja in kwara state for example,no wonder an average ijaw man hate them,then they backstabed him(jonathan)and sealed their hatred for Yoruba man, every matured south south are weary of them,akpabio once talked about the monopoly of seaport by Yorubas...I pity the minorities tribe that don't know them..
Ogun state the skull mining headquarter,i am sure awolowo tried introducing ritualist as an occupation in western region that made them(minorities) run for their life..

I don't know if you've noticed but the ijaws have been silent since 2015.

They are waiting for the day a Yoruba man will contest.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by maestroferddi: 9:32pm On May 21, 2020
tamdun:

But u said awo didn't want the Midwest to go but u complained about gowon creating state for minorities
You are mixing things up...

Gowon's state creation happened some five years after what we are discussing here...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by mystery22: 9:36pm On May 21, 2020
Gabkosh:
I have no time for imp, I am already discussing with humans.
e pain am...Ogun state skull miners,answer the question grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by mystery22: 9:37pm On May 21, 2020
plessis:

I don't know if you've noticed but the ijaws have been silent since 2015.

They are waiting for the day a Yoruba man will contest.
exactly,they will pay them back fully..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by horsepower102: 9:37pm On May 21, 2020
I have learnt more within these past two weeks than I ever learnt in Nigerian propaganda classrooms and propaganda induced media.

This generation of Igbos are real warriors.

BOYS and GIRLS say no to Lagos-Ibadan propaganda media.

I banish the spirit of Lagos -Ibadan propaganda media in your lives in Jesus Name. AMEN!!!!

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by gwafaeziokwu: 9:44pm On May 21, 2020
horsepower102:
I have learnt more within these past two weeks than I ever learnt in Nigerian propaganda classrooms and propaganda induced media.

This generation of Igbos are real warriors.

BOYS and GIRLS say no to Lagos-Ibadan propaganda media.

I banish the spirit of Lagos -Ibadan propaganda media in your lives in Jesus Name. AMEN!!!!

Ndiofe, thought they were dealing with the immediate generation that fought the war who ignored their propaganda and simply fought for economic empowerment.

We will whip them with the truth until they repent and get ready for fairness in all ramifications. Dem go do you past, come dey judge you again.
The height of wickedness.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by mystery22: 9:50pm On May 21, 2020
Take a look at poor and dirty benin republic and since how Afonja republic will look like if every tribe return to there region....give every region seaport and int'l airport and watch Lagos go down the drain,Yoruba's like living in self denial...
1million boys,awawa boys,omonile are all Yoruba youths causing nuisance in Lagos...develop Ogun state nah since you people develop Lagos alone...

4 Likes

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by gwafaeziokwu: 9:55pm On May 21, 2020
"The East had the first industrial development plan in Africa. Note that All Eastern Nigerian "townships" / cities had designed within them, an industria[/b]l zone:

Aba (factory [b]Road),Umuahia (Factory Road) [b]Calabar (Factory road
), Enugu and Port-harcourt had Industrial Free zones - the Emene Industrial Lay out and the Trans-Amadi Industrial lay-out. S[/b]o did Owerri, which had an industrial layout,so did Onitsha etc. etc. Owerri,Aba and Port Harcourt were already designed in what was clalled "A three city nexus" (s[/b]ee works plan of the Eastern Survey Dept. in Enugu) The institutions like the :

African Continental Bank,

Cooperative Bank of Eastern Nigeria

Eastern Nigerian Development Corporation,

[b]University of Nigeria was established in 1960 with campuses at Nsukka and Calabar

[/b]Obudu Tourism and Entertainment Ranch, Calabar [/b]

Nigercem,

Nigergas,

Nigersteel,

Factory,glass industries, Portharcourt, Aba ,Owerri

Hotel presidential Enugu and Port Harcourt

Palm plantations in Calabar,

Rice farm settlements in Ogoja and Abakiliki

Aba Textile company,

Golden Guinea Breweries in Umuahia,

Standard Shoe Factory in Owerri,

Portharcourt sea Port Expansion

A Force in Library Development in Nigeria
http://www.worlib.org/vol07no2/aguolu_v07n2.shtml

C.C. Agu

10 Likes

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by tamdun: 10:18pm On May 21, 2020
maestroferddi:
You are mixing things up...

Gowon's state creation happened some five years after what we are discussing here...
Still doesn't change the fact that Igbos were not happy gowon gave the minority their own state
Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by akimbomimer: 10:24pm On May 21, 2020
and co, y'all just are been confused with simple arithmetics ... and my piece of advice... GET A LIFE!!! mtchewwww angry
Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by coolitempa(f): 10:26pm On May 21, 2020
Silly ipob spresding hate....who built the first class palm royal hotel in Benin? Or Warri?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by Kyase(m): 10:27pm On May 21, 2020
successmatters:

Sometimes, northerners also play that drama.
You see, if I start now dem go talk, wetin bring North come here, if igbos and yorubas wan show una madness came una finish am there, no bring other region for una madness
Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by Ekwutox: 10:37pm On May 21, 2020
coolitempa:
Silly ipob spresding hate....who built the first class palm royal hotel in Benin? Or Warri?

Nobody is spreading any hate here, every thing that doesn't favor you shouldn't be labelled as hate especially when there are facts involved.

Bring proof of what you just claimed now, stop running with emotions.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by easyflex: 10:47pm On May 21, 2020
This thread is a history lesson.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Region Ministerial List In 60s by Apawicked: 11:10pm On May 21, 2020
Afonja see your life, very tribalistic and wicked things. No wonder Awolowo chose the easiest option by drinking rat poison after seeing how his wickedness bred moronic idiots that call brown roofs and dilapidated structures their heritage.

It must be known that whatever yoruber accuse you of is what they are doing 100% more than you

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari's Visit To Saudi Arabia Highlights: Inequalities Breed Unrest / Lawal Musa Daura: A Man On Endless Ego Trip By Salishu Usman / Pictures Of Some Areas After Monday Night Heavy Rainfall In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.