Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Blogging And Nigerian Readership - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blogging And Nigerian Readership (701 Views)

All The Lies About Blogging Incomes / Between Cyprian Ekwensi And Norman Mailer, And Nigerian Intellectual Morons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blogging And Nigerian Readership by afrosays(m): 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2011
I started a blog last year, Afrosays So.
It's on http://afrosays.

I write about anything, as seen from my weird perspective; stories, poems, locally flavored fantasy, abstract stuff ++

I kind of noticed that most of the members of my audience aren't Nigeria-based. I compared my success to another blog started about the same time as mine whose writer was based abroad and I noticed a significantly higher difference in blog visits even though we have a similar blogging style. I also noticed that a lot of very actively read Nigerian blogs have some sort of affiliation with the US or the UK or even Canada. Sometimes, the writer started writing from there or stayed there for some time or is even based there permanently.

I did a lot to promote my blog: I have a Facebook group, I visit other blogs and drop comments, I talk about my blog a lot, but I've still got a higher proportion of foreign visitors, even though there was no intense effort in that direction.

I'm wondering why Nigerians don't go out of their way to read?

(1) (Reply)

Heart Felt / “dis Subsidy Sef” By Chidi Anthony Opara / You Should See This Site: Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.