Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

What's More To Calling 'abere' (needle) In The Day And 'okinni' In The Night? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's More To Calling 'abere' (needle) In The Day And 'okinni' In The Night? (460 Views)

Nigerian Pupils Make Dresses With Needle And Thread (Photos) / Why Did Sir Isaac Newton Stick A Needle In His Eye? / Chinese Boy Inserts Sewing Needle In His Urethra To Stay Awake And Do Home Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's More To Calling 'abere' (needle) In The Day And 'okinni' In The Night? by Bjteensdes24: 5:14am On May 22, 2020
Hi, thinking of those two words in Yoruba which means the same thing is there more to it. Is it a taboo calling it 'Abere' in the night instead of 'Okinni' am sure some people can relate to this and understand what I mean by this if growing up you were either shut by your mum or someone not to call needle 'Abere' when its night but call it 'Okinni' meanwhile you can call it 'Abere' in the day. Guys and ladies that understand Yoruba well, over to you. Please, enlighten me

Many things that our mothers usually resist us from doing in which we call superstition this days

3 Likes

Re: What's More To Calling 'abere' (needle) In The Day And 'okinni' In The Night? by johnkey: 8:14am On May 22, 2020
Tonight I'm going to our t-junction and I will shout 'abere' 21 powerful times so the gods can hear well, I will update you on the results tomorrow.
Re: What's More To Calling 'abere' (needle) In The Day And 'okinni' In The Night? by otipoju(m): 8:33am On May 22, 2020
I gat nothing to say.
Re: What's More To Calling 'abere' (needle) In The Day And 'okinni' In The Night? by Bjteensdes24: 11:42am On May 22, 2020
johnkey:
Tonight I'm going to our t-junction and I will shout 'abere' 21 powerful times so the gods can hear well, I will update you on the results tomorrow.
Lol grin Am waiting anyways

(1) (Reply)

Intending/ Prospective Unizik Postgraduate Students. / Homeless Mom Sentenced To 5 Years, For Using Friends Address To Enroll Her kid / INTERNSHALA 1 Day Virtual Internship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.