Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? (697 Views)

How To Discipline Your Child The Smart And Healthy Way-UNICEF / What's The Best Way To Discipline A Child? / My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by NaijaOlosho(f): 2:35pm On May 22, 2020
grin

I know many of us here have been trashed so well with one or two of these for defaulting at home.

The memory is still there cheesy

Me I chop broom well well o

Na which one Dem use wire you for house??

1 Like

Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by Chrisdre: 2:40pm On May 22, 2020
grin
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by phelonrays: 2:41pm On May 22, 2020

And

Mum was a professional when it concern using number 4, she won the Guinness book of record in our neighborhood, cause she'll be pursuing you with it, were ever you ran to grincheesy

1 Like

Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by ibnsiraj(m): 2:42pm On May 22, 2020
None.
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by habsydiamond(m): 2:46pm On May 22, 2020
make i no lie u eh.. na everything i chop. na comot that stubbornness like that of goat from ma body oo. some ajepako parents dey try ooo. cos to them u must get sense by fire by force

1 Like

Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by Enoch07: 2:48pm On May 22, 2020
omo na 1 and 5
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by Hyinkar97(m): 2:49pm On May 22, 2020
None of the above
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by Karemarealty288(m): 2:54pm On May 22, 2020
Enoch07:
omo na 1 and 5

Team 1 and 5....please queue up with likes

2 Likes

Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by nazablossom(f): 2:55pm On May 22, 2020
Hitting someone with broom is an abomination where I come from if not it would have topped the list because it is always close-by grin.

My father despised beating if not, belt would have done it for him grin
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by Humanoid01(m): 3:04pm On May 22, 2020
1, 4, and 5 lol.

Number 4 actually happened in the kitchen. My biggest bro caught me licking the bournvita kept in the kitchen for everyone, and that guy dey always discipline me anytime wey I mess up.

Omo na so bros descend on me with turning stick. He didn't even go for my hands, or back, he just kept hitting the joints of my knees. I became crippled for about 20 minutes lol. Since that day ehn, fear nor gree me enter kitchen oo. grin
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by DICKstractor: 3:13pm On May 22, 2020
All
No6. Hand
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by pyyxxaro: 3:18pm On May 22, 2020
All of the above except the broom
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by samuel19222(m): 3:56pm On May 22, 2020
None
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by usj(m): 4:37pm On May 22, 2020
Haha
As unbelievable as it may sound, non of those was used on me by my parents growing up. Dad only pull my chin when I'm the wrong other that that it's usually a lengthy lecture on why you shouldn't do what you've done. When I have children of my own they will be no need of such tools on them as a correction means too.

1 Like

Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:41pm On May 22, 2020
1(Dad) and 2(Mom).....
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by merieam16(f): 4:58pm On May 22, 2020
None.my was koboko ( horse wip)
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by Yustash001(m): 5:01pm On May 22, 2020
5..and one you didn't mention which is a spank...

Thanks to Iya Ibeji...if you misbehave pere...her "abara"(spank) will reset your brain to brain to factory setting.
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by sisisioge: 5:36pm On May 22, 2020
All of the above grin grin

My mom got no chill. Chai...thank God children of these days don't have to endure the abuse grin
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by CrazyOptimist: 5:53pm On May 22, 2020
My own no dey there, na Copper wire grin
After my papa beat you finish, he will now tell you to go have a cold bath. If dem born you well, no go.
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by lanibi(f): 7:07pm On May 22, 2020
2 and 4 dey give my sense factory reset... Chai! Memories
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by raquel97: 8:28pm On May 22, 2020
1,3 and 5
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by Hathor5(f): 8:32pm On May 22, 2020
The reasons why Nigeria is 'harsh terrain'.
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by Damseldammie(f): 12:07am On May 23, 2020
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by IamPlato(m): 9:32am On May 23, 2020
All Except 3
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 23, 2020
1.. I remember as a child in those days we used to be warned not to cross the gate to play with the street kids but na their play sweet pass.. And when u hear popsy benz 230 dinstinct horn from the far off junction, na to tear race follow back gate enter house. Its better to be hit by a vehicle than for my dad to flog u. That cane on ur bumbum. Falling on the exact same spot till it get baked and after some days that sweet itchy feeling cheesy
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by Notyamate(f): 3:24pm On May 23, 2020
My Mum used 2, 3 and 4.

But 2 was common most of the time. She would say those yeye Ogbanje that are inside you, it's this broom that will chase them out grin

I can proudly say she's the best Mum in the world. When I was young I used to think I was adopted with way she use to beat me, but today I'm happy she's in my life.
Re: Which One Of These Five Was Used To Discipline You During Childhood?? by RuggedSniper: 9:27pm On May 23, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
grin

I know many of us here have been trashed so well with one or two of these for defaulting at home.

The memory is still there cheesy

Me I chop broom well well o
Na which one Dem use wire you for house??
Wack parenting!

(1) (Reply)

All Hope Is Lost. / Indonesian Guy Drives Internet Crazy After He Marries His Rice Cooker / You Can't Open This If You Are Not Strong Enough (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.