Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue (6181 Views)

Doctor Batters Wife Over Refusal To Circumcise Daughter / Man Beats His Wife Over A Dress, Months After Making Her Lose Her Pregnancy / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 8:15pm On May 22, 2020
Apparently, my friend is so mad and even threatening to divorce his wife.

No, this is not a case of infidelity or unfaithfulness. My friend and his wife got married last year. Both are working and keeping personal savings. My friend works at a very far distance, however, the wife's work place is approximately 10minutes walking distance.

My friend's mother-inlaw stays in a different city, and she is close to retirement. My friend just found out that the wife sent money to his brother to get a car for the mum. Though, she was actually going to tell him or inform him about it. Just that her mum was the first to call my friend, thanking him for their kind gesture.

My friend's anger was that the wife knows how much stress he passes through this period to get to work. But she however made her choice on the best person to get a car for.

Please, what is your opinion about this. I don't even know what to say.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Poorboy: 8:17pm On May 22, 2020
So your friend is a lazy man, that says alot about you.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by faithfull18(f): 8:22pm On May 22, 2020
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 22, 2020
My friend kee you there
He send you message make you carry him matter come nairaland?
Abi you no know say him brother or even him mama In law fit dey read this buushiet?
You, my friend, are your "my friend's " problem.
Educated aproko machine

13 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Ningen(m): 8:23pm On May 22, 2020
Divorce is an exaggeration. undecided
May we not end up with inconsiderate wives.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 8:27pm On May 22, 2020
Poorboy:
Thank you very much, little mind

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 8:28pm On May 22, 2020
MejiLoyon:
My friend kee you there
He send you message make you carry him matter come nairaland?
Abi you no know say him brother or even him mama In law fit dey read this buushiet?
You, my friend, are your "my friend's " problem.
Educated aproko machine
�..Why are you scared on his behalf. He isn't into nairaland aproko

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 8:29pm On May 22, 2020
Ningen:
Maybe we not end up with inconsiderate wives.
I'm sure the ladies won't justify this one now
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by decatalyst(m): 8:30pm On May 22, 2020
Poorboy:

This is not about a lazy man.

What he woman did is fundamentally wrong. How could she go ahead to do such a fantastic gifting and not informing her husband. I thought two have become one.

The man need to correct this...though it is going to be very hard because most people will think he is not happy about his wife buying car for her mother and this could lead to an even bigger issue that may not get settled in years (family wahala).

Also, maybe the wife doesn't love the husband as much as she loved her mother.

Yoruba would say "bi ina ba jo eni to jo omo eni tara eni laa koko gbon " (If fire is burning you and burning your child, you will first put out the one on you).

Your husband doesn't have a car and you buy one for your mother first? The love is in question here.

15 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Femsyn(m): 8:32pm On May 22, 2020
The wife did badly, and financial changes must be taken. However, divorce is an overstretch.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Poorboy: 8:34pm On May 22, 2020
Sylverly:
Thank you very much, little mind
I see envy in your friend before I even talk about the wife not telling him.

Because she knows the boy(husband) will kill the idea of buying the car for the mother.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Richy4(m): 8:36pm On May 22, 2020
Every Tom, Dick and Harry is talking about divorce nowadays as if it was a weather forecast..

7 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sixfeetbelle: 8:37pm On May 22, 2020
Your friend is overexaggerating and should calm down. If there was no incentive to put resources together, her buying her mom a car from her own personal account should be no issue. Otherwise, the wife did badly.

But if he wants a divorce, he should go ahead. Immature people shouldn't be married anyways.

15 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by UjuJoan2: 8:44pm On May 22, 2020
Sylverly:
Apparently, my friend is so mad and even threatening to divorce his wife.

No, this is not a case of infidelity or unfaithfulness. My friend and his wife got married last year. Both are working and keeping personal savings. My friend works at a very far distance, however, the wife's work place is approximately 10minutes walking distance.

My friend's mother-inlaw stays in a different city, and she is close to retirement. My friend just found out that the wife sent money to his brother to get a car for the mum. Though, she was actually going to tell him or inform him about it. Just that her mum was the first to call my friend, thanking him for their kind gesture.

My friend's anger was that the wife knows how much stress he passes through this period to get to work. But she however made her choice on the best person to get a car for.

Please, what is your opinion about this. I don't even know what to say.

Why are men of these days so lazy and dependent on women? I just dont get it.

So if his wife buys him a car he will drive it happily? What about pride? Chivalry? What about self dignity?

That aside, do you know the bond between the lady and her mother? So because he gave her a ring, he thinks he is now more important than her own mother? What has he done to earn such privilege?

Lazy men everywhere looking to live off their wives. If your friend cannot keep trekking let him buy himself a car, simple!

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Poorboy: 8:46pm On May 22, 2020
decatalyst:

What he woman did is fundamentally wrong. How could she go ahead to do such a fantastic gifting and not informing her husband. I thought two have become one.

The man need to correct this...though it is going to be very hard because most people will think he is not happy about his wife buying car for her mother and this could lead to an even bigger issue that may not get settled in years (family wahala).

Yoruba would say "bi ina ba jo eni to jo omo eni tara eni laa koko gbon " (If fire is burning you and burning your child, you will first put out the one on you).

Your husband doesn't have a car and you buy one for your mother first? The love is in question here.
you don't understand motherly love.

You don't know the sacrifice the mother might have made to the lady in question .

It's not a matter of loving the husband but her own personal conviction that her mother deserves a car.

The boy(husband) in question is a jealous type, the wife knew telling him he won't allow her buy the car.

Don't compare mother with husband it doesn't fall in the same sentence.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by olasaad(f): 8:49pm On May 22, 2020
Ningen:
May we not end up with inconsiderate wives.

As if most of you guys take permission from your wives before helping your family and friends

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 8:51pm On May 22, 2020
Poorboy:
I see envy in your friend before I even talk about the wife not telling him.

Because she knows the boy(husband) will kill the idea of buying the car for the mother.
And you are fully aware about the stress he passes through each morning, as highlighted. Definitely, won't let him take such decision of divorcing. Well, will try though

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 8:52pm On May 22, 2020
olasaad:

As if most of you guys take permission from your wives before helping your family and friends
Now it's justifiable..? Naija ladies eeh..
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 8:53pm On May 22, 2020
Poorboy:
you don't understand motherly love.

You don't know the sacrifice the mother might have made to the lady in question .

It's not a matter of loving the husband but her own personal conviction that her mother deserves a car.

The boy(husband) in question is a jealous type, the wife knew telling him he won't allow her buy the car.

Don't compare mother with husband it doesn't fall in the same sentence.
would you say same if it were the other way. I'm sure the wife would still throw tantrums
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Amanee(f): 8:54pm On May 22, 2020
It's her money and she can do with it as she please, same thing with him as that seems to be the arrangement they have.

Op your submission is one sided and you seem to have already picked the indignant husband's side (that's if you're not him) but try to look at things objectively. They probably aren't on the same page, finance wise and this has a lot to say about communication in their marriage, it is sorely lacking. Your friend needs to let go of his entitlement and hurt and look at the bigger picture - his marriage is a disaster waiting to happen if they don't do something about their communication. It's not just about love.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by ibkayee(f): 8:54pm On May 22, 2020
Married couples should generally inform each other of big financial decisions like that, before the fact, even if it were for her mum, even if she was going to do it against his wishes, she should've told him.

I get his anger, but divorce is a bit disproportionate to the 'crime' she committed unless other additional issues we aren't privy to are involved...

11 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Poorboy: 8:56pm On May 22, 2020
Sylverly:
And you are fully aware about the stress he passes through each morning, as highlighted. Definitely, won't let him take such decision of divorcing. Well, will try though
your friend is a theif, let me put it in the language you should understand.

If he likes let him trek to hell fire

The wife doesn't owe your friend abi you anything.

Why he didn't tell the husband is that the husband will not allow her buy the car.

11 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 8:57pm On May 22, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Why are men of these days so lazy and dependent on women? I just dont get it.

So if his wife buys him a car he will drive it happily? What about pride? Chivalry? What about self dignity?

That aside, do you know the bond between the lady and her mother? So because he gave her a ring, he thinks he is now more important than her own mother? What has he done to earn such privilege?

Lazy men everywhere looking to live off their wives. If your friend cannot keep trekking let him buy himself a car, simple!
I feel your sermon buttresses the fact that feminism is a child's play. And gender equality shouldn't be found in our society. Now, I hope your peers will still keep mute if a man decides to buy a car for the mother that had him for 9months first , before considering the wife

8 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 8:59pm On May 22, 2020
Poorboy:
your friend is a their, let me put it in the language you should understand.

If he likes let him trek to hell fire

The wife doesn't owe your friend abi you anything.

Why he didn't tell the husband is that the husband will not allow her buy the car.
We all are opinionated. No wahala.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 9:01pm On May 22, 2020
Amanee:
It's her money and she can do with it as she please, same thing with him as that seems to be the arrangement they have.

Op your submission is one sided and you seem to have already picked the indignant husband's side (that's if you're not him) but try to look at things objectively. They probably aren't on the same page, finance wise and this has a lot to say about communication in their marriage, it is sorely lacking. Your friend needs to let go of his entitlement and hurt and look at the bigger picture - his marriage is a disaster waiting to happen if they don't do something about their communication. It's not just about love.
Somehow, you highlighted my points and source of disappointment. Why do some women think men should put them way ahead of their mother inlaw, but won't reason same for their own mother inlaw.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Poorboy: 9:01pm On May 22, 2020
Sylverly:
We all are opinionated. No wahala.
yes oo but know your friend is a theif and an unrepentant leech.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by doitforyou(f): 9:03pm On May 22, 2020
Lmao, you people only know “gender equality” when it comes to money. Most Nigerian men always put their extended family above their wives, it’s funny to see the shoe on the other foot.
I feel your sermon buttresses the fact that feminism is a child's play. And gender equality shouldn't be found in our society. Now, I hope your peers will still keep mute if a man decides to buy a car for the mother that had him for 9months first , before considering the wife

29 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Sylverly(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2020
decatalyst:

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by UjuJoan2: 9:05pm On May 22, 2020
Sylverly:

It's funny how you guys throw the word feminism around whenever women refuse to cater for your needs.

A man is responsible for his family, and providing for them should be his utmost priority. He can buy a jet for his mother if he likes, but he has to provide for his family.

12 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Oluneutral: 9:07pm On May 22, 2020
My friend kee you there.....

My friend this, my friend that.,...

Own up, heaven will not fall. You're your friend, only that shame and ego will not allow you to admit.

My friend kooo, my enemy ni.

Anyone who makes his/her money has the right to spend it the way he/she likes.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Hathor5(f): 9:07pm On May 22, 2020
What else did she says apart from "I was going to tell you". What did she say in her defense?
Re: My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue by Amanee(f): 9:07pm On May 22, 2020
Stop being fixated on the money and look at the big picture. Everybody cannot be the same. This issue is a result of an underlying problem. There is no communication in the marriage

Sylverly:
Somehow, you highlighted my points and source of disappointment. Why do some women think men should put them way ahead of their mother inlaw, but won't reason same for their own mother inlaw.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Collapses Into Coma After Finding Out His Wife Owns The Home They Rented / I Need Advice Before Taking The Huge Step Into Marriage. / Those in need, come in.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.