Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

How Many Cars Are Truly First Body In Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Many Cars Are Truly First Body In Nigeria? (1494 Views)

Many Cars Submerged In Lagos Flood Following Heavy Downpour (Video) / Inside Volkswagens Massive Glass Towers Where 800 New Cars Are Stored For Pickup / How Many Cars Does Olamide Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Cars Are Truly First Body In Nigeria? by Sellfish(m): 9:44pm On May 22, 2020
I think the phrase "1st body" only applies to those very few cars bought brand new in Nigeria or those Tokunbo non accidented and scratch free ones brought into the country...

Most toks cars brought into the country are either accidented or have scratches gotten during haulage down here and even during clearing...So most of them are fixed and 'flashed' after clearing with the same or nearly the same paint code they left the factory with....

So i think it is quite erroneous to refer to any car as first body, even Toks ones, unless it can be proven that one drop of paint, potty or even primer has not been applied to it since it left the factory.....

So all of you looking for 1st body Nigerian used vehicles, You are all on a very loonnnnnngggg tin grin....

As long as a vehicle still has structural integrity, with no loose, shrunken or sunken panels and the vehicle's body has very little or no potty,it still has a good body...

Your opinions are welcome smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Many Cars Are Truly First Body In Nigeria? by promotervickky(m): 9:54pm On May 22, 2020
See the real answer is that most of these imported cars have been repainted severally abroad before import.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Cars Are Truly First Body In Nigeria? by Omihanifa: 9:57pm On May 22, 2020
First body is very hard to find o undecided it's like looking for a politician that is not corrupt in Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Cars Are Truly First Body In Nigeria? by Sellfish(m): 10:00pm On May 22, 2020
promotervickky:
See the real answer is that most of these imported cars have been repainted severally abroad before import.

Toh....I know some cars are fixed abroad before import...

So if a car's body for whatever reason and at wherever has been painted, is that car still "first body" ?

For me, when I look at a car from the sides and all its panels align perfectly and there are no rough bumps on its body, the body is ok...Shikena....

First body is mostly a mirage unless you buy a brand new car...as in chacha tear leather grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Cars Are Truly First Body In Nigeria? by Sellfish(m): 10:04pm On May 22, 2020
Omihanifa:
First body is very hard to find o undecided it's like looking for a politician that is not corrupt in Nigeria

Those Politicians are a different breed....All of them are corrupt....some are just more corrupt than others

Anyway....Anybody who needs 1st Body vehicle is free to go to Coscharis, Elizade or Globe Motors..Dem plenty there grin

Cc Lalasticlala grin...People need to know to stop seeking the almost impossible in Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Cars Are Truly First Body In Nigeria? by promotervickky(m): 10:25pm On May 22, 2020
Sellfish:

Toh....I know some cars are fixed abroad before import...

So if a car's body for whatever reason and at wherever has been painted, is that car still "first body" ?

For me, when I look at a car from the sides and all its panels align perfectly and there are no rough bumps on its body, the body is ok...Shikena....

First body is mostly a mirage unless you buy a brand new car...as in chacha tear leather grin

If a car has been painted before, its not first body.

The best way to know if a car is a first body is tru the interiors. If the interiors are worn out, and the body is neat. It's not first body.
Re: How Many Cars Are Truly First Body In Nigeria? by sheu01: 10:45am On May 23, 2020
[quote author=promotervickky post=89853004]See the real answer is that most of these imported cars have been repainted severally abroad before import.

[/quote

God bless u my bro for this statement. Any Toyota corolla 03-07 precisely came with factory mistake paint as a new car in USA, so after few months used as a new car, the paint peel off on top of d roof, trunk and even d hood/bonnet, that's d most affected area, Any clean corolla 03-07 u see in American have been painted over there and its not first body. I'm talking of all corolla in d range of 03-07. Thats just d facts. If u don't believe confirm from google or anybody u know in USA
Re: How Many Cars Are Truly First Body In Nigeria? by charcoal(m): 12:03pm On May 23, 2020
[quote author=sheu01 post=89868002][/quote]
So true bro my 2004 corOlla I bought last year the roof, bonnet and trunk base paint have peeled off before it got to naija I have not repainted since then. But it’s funny naija people still believe o4 car will be in mint condition.

(1) (Reply)

Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing / What Is The Reason Why People Cover Number Plate Of Vehicle ? / I Want To Buy Acura TL SH-AWD 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.