Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo (28740 Views)

Obaseki: APC Supporters Blocked From Entering As Judge Rules On Certificate / Obaseki: APC Importing Thugs Into Edo / OBASEKI: APC Governors Move Against Oshiomhole, Vow To ‘cut Him To Size’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by pinacole1(m): 8:19am On May 23, 2020
maidstone:

I can guarantee you that Obaseki will win this battle. The presidency is behind him.

Your bias won't let you see well anyway.
S
Kontinuu

Which presidency is behind, is it buhari or who. Have u 4gotten what happened to Ambrode, How he followed buhari up and down but last last u saw what happaned

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by alomeda600(m): 8:23am On May 23, 2020
signature2012:

Obaseki isn't a coward like Ambode...This dude got balls.
Amosun no get balls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by Omonete: 8:24am On May 23, 2020
I'm pity those youth they will use to fulfill their selfish interest. Meanwhile I supply palm oil from 200 to 500 gallons contact me 08106073954
Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by babajero(m): 8:25am On May 23, 2020
Mynd44:
Obaseki need to remember what happened with Amosun/Akinlade and Ambode in 2018
In these situations you mentioned, the state agreed to with it, the whole decision didn't come from Abuja
Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by maidstone: 8:27am On May 23, 2020
ADBA3005:

Was the President not behind Oyegun when Tinubu singlehandedly displaced him for Oshiomole's emergency? Come, the BAT's camp dictates what happens in the APC, though the camp just acquaint Mr President of its wish which the President dares not reject!
lol

Buhari needed Tinubu more than Oyegun at that time

The way you guys analyse politics sef
Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by Jostoman: 8:28am On May 23, 2020
They did more than this before kogi state APC primary at the end of the day they gave the ticket to Yaya Bello, all this na to put PDP in confusion mode
Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by maidstone: 8:29am On May 23, 2020
pinacole1:

Which presidency is behind, is it buhari or who. Have u 4gotten what happened to Ambrode, How he followed buhari up and down but last last u saw what happaned

Because he needed Tinubu because of 2019 elections

What happened in Ondo as regards Akeredolu? Tinubu was rubbished because Buhari wasn't on the ballot then

You guys aren't keen students of politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by Mynd44: 8:30am On May 23, 2020
babajero:
In these situations you mentioned, the state agreed to with it, the whole decision didn't come from Abuja
No, they didn't
Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by Solababa91(m): 8:33am On May 23, 2020
Egungun be careful, those pushing Obaseki will leave him after he has been disgraced, the false truce that was reached some months ago was to preserve Oshiomole, which shows the President likes him (Oshiomole). It'll get messy alas, Oshiomole will have the day. Meanwhile, a plot of land for sale very close to the main road, at Falegan along Ilawe Road, Ado Ekiti, contact me for more details.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by Sermwell(m): 8:42am On May 23, 2020
ojuu4u:
Where are those wailing yesterday that shaibu too strong for oshiomole, that obaseki will come out victory in direct pry, that oba of Bini will instruct people who will cast vote, that Lagos is not Bini?

So many people are daft, can't read btw the lines, .......are blindfolded becos of interest for certain individuals .....and they are parochial in politics
why are you screaming as if the election has been conducted and obaseki has lost?? calm down bros!!

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by alsudaes1(m): 8:44am On May 23, 2020
Mynd44:
Obaseki need to remember what happened with Amosun/Akinlade and Ambode in 2018
I marvel at how people think his own case will be different

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by Kingstanding: 8:49am On May 23, 2020
signature2012:

Obaseki isn't a coward like Ambode...This dude got balls.
. Balls that will not yield any positive. Obaseki don't know how to play politics he should go and learn it from Fashola. Without Oshiomole Obaseki can't win council chairmanship election in Edo state sometimes in politics you have to behave like a sheep in other for you to reach promise Land. Obaseki should know that Oshiomole is APC national chairman, and who is going to give Obaseki the governor ship nomination form? Obaseki is a gonner.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by FuckAllTheMODs: 8:54am On May 23, 2020
Mynd44:

This isn't about balls but legality. The NWC is also the body responsible for submitting names to INEC.

You need to ask Senator Amosun what happened to him and his candidate in Ogun state.

Governor Obaseki needs to prepare for the direct primaries because when the scripts flip, he will be on the strong side up

What happened in Rivers, Zamfara etc will happen in Edo if care is not taken.

Who told you NWC is the recognized body?

Bro, I disagree with you. It depends on their agreement, if not Rivers and Zamfara NWC results would have stand.
Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by FuckAllTheMODs: 9:02am On May 23, 2020
ADBA3005:

Was the President not behind Oyegun when Tinubu singlehandedly displaced him for Oshiomole's emergency? Come, the BAT's camp dictates what happens in the APC, though the camp just acquaint Mr President of its wish which the President dares not reject!

Be deceiving yourself.
Tinubu as been relegated at the national level. There are some people that always check mate him, that's why at some point they always replace his appointees (i.e those he nominated), just to send a signal.
He is one of the reasons why Osinbanjo is facing what he is facing at times. Those people believe that anything they do to Osinbanjo and others, is done to him.
Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by tinsel: 9:02am On May 23, 2020
odinga1of:

Oga this is Edo State. Watch this space, how Obaseki will be re-elected.
Re-electing Obaseki through another party i dont know that. But from the way things are going Obaseki had already lost out in APC.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by loffers(m): 9:05am On May 23, 2020
There are two parallel APC state Executives in Edo state and the National body recognize the faction loyal to Oshio.
To avoid problem, I guess that's why they are suggesting Direct primaries so every Apc member in the state should determine who carries the flag.
So if you think you are very popular among the party members ,then you should not be afraid of direct primaries.

By my calaculation , I think Obaseki should win the primaries because there are so many contenders in the Oshio camp.
But, if the Oshio camp decides to feed just one candidate against Obaseki, then Obaseki is gone.
Same thing will play out in Ondo state.
Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by FuckAllTheMODs: 9:08am On May 23, 2020
tinsel:

Re-electing Obaseki through another party i dont know that. But from the way things are going Obaseki had already lost out in APC.

You need to study Edo politics more. Obaseki will contest under APC or APC may lose out.

There are two parties in APC in Edo state. One is anti and pro to oshiomole. One is state, the other is National.
The governor is in charge of the state chapter, why oshiomole is in charge of the national. If there's no agreement on their primary, it will lead to court, of which you know how it will later play out. Watch out!
Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by seanfer(m): 9:09am On May 23, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:

What happened in Rivers, Zamfara etc will happen in Edo if care is not taken.

Who told you NWC is the recognized body?

Bro, I disagree with you. It depends on their agreement, if not Rivers and Zamfara NWC results would have stand.

You got it wrong. What happened in Rivers and Zamfara is that there are 2 parallel congresses to vote the state excos. In the case of Edo the NWC has choose direct primary for the governorship election. If Obaseki like he should boycott the direct primary and organize his own election INEC will not accept his name. The amended electoral law gave the NWC power to choose the mode of primary and also so submit the candidates names to INEC.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by ForeverFinesse: 9:10am On May 23, 2020
maidstone:

You are forever partial. You will never change

That yeye afonja mod

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by tinsel: 9:14am On May 23, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:

You need to study Edo politics more. Obaseki will contest under APC or APC may lose out.

There are two parties in APC in Edo state. One is anti and pro to oshiomole. One is state, the other is National.
The governor is in charge of the state chapter, why oshiomole is in charge of the national. If there's no agreement on their primary, it will lead to court, of which you know how it will later play out. Watch out!
My friend as i said before, i dont know about Edo politics. What i know is the law on nominating a candidate and history of past events on party nominations. And from the law and history, Obaseki will not get APC nomination. He can be re elected through another party. This i cannot dispute.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by ForeverFinesse: 9:16am On May 23, 2020
chiefkpokp:

Oga 98% of una wen dey make noise so are not from Edo state..... Next month is just at d corner. But put in ur mind, dere is big big difference between ambode and obaseki, and dere is also big big difference between Edo and Lagos..... Let's just wait coming week. Una go hear wetin go suborbor.

Lol, they think everyone is a coward like them
Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by senatordave1(m): 9:18am On May 23, 2020
descoay:
The moment Obaseki lost the battle to unseat Oshiomohle as the party National Chairman that I know he is gone. He is not a good politician because he showed his hands too early. He should have waited for his return to second term in office before he starts flexing muscle with Oshiomohle. The way things are right now he is seriously in a weaker position because it is the NWC that will decide the mode of primary for each state. He is just an ingrate because you don't bite the finger that fed you. He will now be thought a lesson on how to play politics as he is too confrontational. All the people backing him now will abandon him when the chips are down.

Gbam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by FuckAllTheMODs: 9:20am On May 23, 2020
seanfer:

You got it wrong. What happened in Rivers and Zamfara is that there are 2 parallel congresses to vote the state excos. In the case of Edo the NWC has choose direct primary for the governorship election. If Obaseki like he should boycott the direct primary and organize his own election INEC will not accept his name. The amended electoral law gave the NWC power to choose the mode of primary and also so submit the candidates names to INEC.

First of all, who is in control of the State chapter of the party?
And again, stop saying the law supports the NWC to determine the mode of primary because it is already causing controversy and dilemna. The party national deputy chairman accused the chairman of irregularities.
If you are observant, you will know this will lead to court and the case will end up as the case of Rivers or Zamfara.
Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by senatordave1(m): 9:20am On May 23, 2020
Jostoman:
They did more than this before kogi state APC primary at the end of the day they gave the ticket to Yaya Bello, all this na to put PDP in confusion mode

Aisha likes bello plus bello begged tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by boolee(m): 9:21am On May 23, 2020
At this time, Anyone still rooting for Obaseki to Win this War, is doing so out of Perpetual Hate for Oshiomole.

If you Understand the Game of Politics, you will know that Obaseki Showed up his "Cards" too Early.

Know this, Oshiomole is Just as Smart as Tinubu. Just that, Tinubu exudes more Influence.
Those Two, is the Reason APC is still Standing as A Party. They're the Maradona of APC Politics.

Obaseki Philip Shuiabu, is a No Match For Oshiomole.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by FuckAllTheMODs: 9:21am On May 23, 2020
tinsel:

My friend as i said before, i dont know about Edo politics. What i know is the law on nominating a candidate and history of past events on party nominations. And from the law and history, Obaseki will not get APC nomination. He can be re elected through another party. This i cannot dispute.

Time will tell.
Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by senatordave1(m): 9:22am On May 23, 2020
loffers:
There are two parallel APC state Executives in Edo state and the National body recognize the faction loyal to Oshio.
To avoid problem, I guess that's why they are suggesting Direct primaries so every Apc member in the state should determine who carries the flag.
So if you think you are very popular among the party members ,then you should not be afraid of direct primaries.

By my calaculation , I think Obaseki should win the primaries because there are so many contenders in the Oshio camp.
But, if the Oshio camp decides to feed just one candidate against Obaseki, then Obaseki is gone.
Same thing will play out in Ondo state.

No matter how they do it,obaseki has lost.they have already prepared a result

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by ojuu4u(m): 9:23am On May 23, 2020
Sermwell:

why are you screaming as if the election has been conducted and obaseki has lost?? calm down bros!!

Did u read post up thr? Am sure u don't have comprehension issue..... At least you can see how obaseki and oyegun screaming at top of their voices

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by senatordave1(m): 9:24am On May 23, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:

Time will tell.

If it goes to court,court will likely rule in favour of the nwc backed primaries

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by Sermwell(m): 9:26am On May 23, 2020
ojuu4u:

Did u read post up thr? Am sure u don't have comprehension issue..... At least you can see how obaseki and oyegun steaming at top of their voices
so you mean from the post, election has been conducted and obaseki has lost!! Are you sure you are normal??
Re: Obaseki: APC's NWC Has No Power To Decide Mode Of Primary In Edo by kayusely70(m): 9:26am On May 23, 2020
olisaEze:
Hate him or love him, Obaseki na man sha! He’s not going down without a fight. I for one I’m rooting for him. Oshiomole shud go and die as he told that widow frying bean cakes by the road side when he was the governor.
He Was Remorseful, Later Apologised To The Woman, Gave Her A Job And Hefty Money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kano Seal 10 Warehouses Hoarding Food Worth Millions Of Naira / Ekiti Workers Jubilate As Fayose Pays Them Another Visit Today (photos) / US Increases Oil Imports From Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.