Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,635 members, 7,955,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:23 PM

Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats (32181 Views)

Rivers Crisis: Police Barricade Of LG Secretariats To Continue, Says IGP / Rivers Plans Parallel Secretariats As Police Bar Fubara Caretaker Chairmen / Police Take Over Rivers LG Secretariats Amid Tension Over Chairmen’s Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by SweetCunt97(f): 7:52am On May 23, 2020
Na their way
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by janedonez(m): 7:53am On May 23, 2020
Action governor. Wish 2% of our leaders will act like you do. Then we would have not been complaining much

2 Likes

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by airminem(f): 7:53am On May 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
isoright

lackadaisical attitude towards work in Nigeria is something else

Especially government employees
that commenter was nt cool calling the moniker 'ring worm'
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Charleyz: 7:54am On May 23, 2020
nice visit, but na ghost workers pass.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Sunkyphil(m): 7:55am On May 23, 2020
that has always been the norm there, majority of LG workers there are ghost

1 Like

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Mdmelijah: 7:56am On May 23, 2020
Finally
Meanwhile join the best relationship group on whatsapp that teachings the right way to lasting and loving relationships. Avoid heartbreaks and broken homes

WhatsApp: 08120136979
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Nobody: 7:58am On May 23, 2020
MISTAICEY02288:
Lol no be new thing for Naija Politics nah.. All most of our so called polithiefians know is to lazy about and still collect their pay plus allowances at the end of every month. Shebi na so Taraba Governor sef been dey do. Governor komot him entire state for months, run go Abuja dey chill.. SMH!

Even Buhari sef na the Oga kpatakpata of em all.. Baba go dey UK his 2nd home, dey control Naija from UK..

Àwọn oloshi gbogbo

Are you referring to the UK consul general
in Nigeria, Aso Rock Consulate? Make him come fly go London again na...

2 Likes

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by solsticey2k3(m): 7:59am On May 23, 2020
Two possible reasons: Coro and unrest in the state

Besides, that’s the cliche for many government employees, they are sometimes not present at work, or arrive much later.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Stanchem029: 8:00am On May 23, 2020
Sunkyphil:
that has always been the norm there, majority of LG workers there are ghost
You're correct, I did my NYSC in Borno 2010/2011, the only time you see people in the secretariat is end of the month when they come for their salaries.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by extol1(m): 8:01am On May 23, 2020
I'm beginning to like this man. how I wish I have this kind of man as my governor, kogi state would have been better than where we are
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by OnyeFely: 8:04am On May 23, 2020
It's the norm over there. I served in Batsari, Katsina, and through out my stay there, it was only end of the month we saw "workers" lined up just to collect their "salaries", and after that, the offices remained shut till another end of the month. We work down here in d South, and the North eats.

1 Like

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by remymartyn: 8:09am On May 23, 2020
Aboki dey go work before??

During my service year, I was posted to a local govt office in Gombe state, I was instantly redeployed, why?. The local govt remains under lock and key and it's only opened on pay day

Nonsense region

1 Like

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:10am On May 23, 2020
agwom:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/gov-zulum-meets-empty-offices-during-surprise-tour.html

even Nigerian Amry hide inside their super camps in Chibok, Bama, Gwoza, Damboa, Konduga and Askira-Uba

talkless of bloody civilians
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Nobody: 8:14am On May 23, 2020
airminem:
They are in mosque and church
...just like every other Nigerian.

If Nigerians had taken their responsibilities seriously like they have taken religion, America would've been asking us for financial aid by now. grin
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by olasaad(f): 8:17am On May 23, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

The fear of coronavirus is the beginning of wisdom.

There's no cause for alarm.

No corona virus is innocent in this case. Local government workers don't use to go to work. And this happen everywhere in Nigeria
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Ezennwa(m): 8:18am On May 23, 2020
olasaad:

No corona virus is innocent in this case. Local government workers don't use to go to work. And this happen everywhere in Nigeria
Ok! no wahala
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by apexx2936: 8:20am On May 23, 2020
[color=#] 4546789[/color]
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Sunkyphil(m): 8:29am On May 23, 2020
Stanchem029:

You're correct, I did my NYSC in Borno 2010/2011, the only time you see people in the secretariat is end of the month when they come for their salaries.
same here wen i served in kebbi state that same year, most of their offices are always locked.you find them on their farms
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by AreaFada2: 8:29am On May 23, 2020
brightdestiny96:

grin
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by apexx8116: 8:31am On May 23, 2020
[color=#] 710583[/color]
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by MISTAICEY02288(m): 8:31am On May 23, 2020
brightdestiny96:

Hahahaha abi oooi cheesy grin

Dem no born am well now grin
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by mhmsadyq(m): 8:36am On May 23, 2020
Kingpele:
Ok, i don't know whether the governor is now councilors that have the mandate to checkmate government at the grassroots, empower the councilors and enlighten them to what they should be doing.... You won't need to risk your life traveling to the den of bokoharam...

YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT SAID SOMETHING MEANINGFUL PB THIS THREAD SO FAR.

WHO IS HE TO BE SNEAKING ON LGs?
They are the third tier of government. The governor is not a supervisor over them.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by NaijadrivaCars: 8:38am On May 23, 2020
Normal level in the North. Some open only at the end of the month when salaries is to be paid.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by apexx529: 8:39am On May 23, 2020
[color=#] 3981797[/color]
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by mhmsadyq(m): 8:40am On May 23, 2020
Kingspin:
Those of us who did NYSc in the north will not be surprised.

The only active office I saw back then was the LG chairman office and financial department.

Low key Local Government activities can be found in many LGs in Nigeria but the North case is the worst.

OGA, IT IS WORSE EVERYWHERE.
STOP THIS SENTIMENT.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by airminem(f): 8:42am On May 23, 2020
J111333:
...just like every other Nigerian.

If Nigerians had taken their responsibilities seriously like they have taken religion, America would've been asking us for financial aid by now. grin
Sure
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Risingsunn: 8:42am On May 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
isoright

lackadaisical attitude towards work in Nigeria is something else

Especially government employees
You see staff coming to work 10am
Before 2:30 pm you nor go see anybody for office

Then the women na school runs them dey do during working hours
Once them get belle just forget
Maternity leave go almost extend reach one-year

dont you have other things to say than "Damnnn Niggarrr, wetin dey worry you self? grin
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Offpoint: 8:43am On May 23, 2020
Lol
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by mhmsadyq(m): 8:44am On May 23, 2020
ednut1:
A common sight in Northern Nigeria. When allocation comes they resume, share and go home. A disgraceful set of. People

RANTING OF A SLAVE!
ANYWAYS, THIS IS THE BEST SLAVES CAN DO.
WE SHALL ALLOW YOU TAKE SOLACE ON YOUR RANTS, SINCE IT MAKES YOU HAPPY.
CONTINUE......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I’ll Flee Nigeria If APC Wins —Bode George / Judge Begged DSS Over N500million Bribe. DSS Grills Bank Directors / Kwankwaso Met With 3 Phd Holders Out Of 2600 He Sponsored Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.