Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,145 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats (31969 Views)

Police Seal 17 Local Government Area Secretariats Of Plateau / Zulum Meets Families Of Slain Officers, Visits The Injured In Hospital (pics) / 2020 Budget: FG To Complete 6 Secretariats In Anambra, Bayelsa, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by PureGoldh(m): 10:13am On May 23, 2020
gbagyiza:

He is a true professor, not like most of them that have sold themselves because of money. I was thinking that our professors will get us out of the mess Nigeria is currently facing but I got it wrong when many of them have even join hand with our wicked politicians to make life unbearable for us but thanks to some of them like this Borno governor for always doing the right thing.
if and only if Boko Haram activities can be curbed in that state...Trust me,Zulum will change the state's atmosphere.

I so much like that man...No homo
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by chocolatelady(f): 10:19am On May 23, 2020
The worst place for someone to start his or her career is in the federal, state or local government workforce. The person will never learn the ethics of working at all. Coming to work anytime and closing anytime he or she fells like. Their lackadaisical attitude to the work is second to none. Nothing like, this is my job, I must do it well. No supervisor supervising them at all. All of them are set of lazy people, doing things anyhow. God pity u that u have something to do at this parastatals, just dedicate a day or two to complete the assignment becos u will wait tire for them to resume work and before u know it, they are closing telling u to come back tomorrow. I have never seen a set of lazy workers like them . Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Danester: 10:24am On May 23, 2020

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by r4fan: 10:26am On May 23, 2020
Reference:
What is your business oga gobenor. Should local government not be independent. Does the President check on you. Let the people who should be served by local government hold them to account. If they cannot out of ignorance or sentiment then they suffer for it. The governor doesn't even understand his responsibility. Delineate power and responsibility and watch them all sit up. It is the structure dear governor.

You will see a governor dealing with farmers when he should be dealig with agric processing companies.
You will see a governor chasing taxis when he should be building metros.
You will see a governor comissioning dumpsters when he should be comissioning recycling plants....

Nigeria is just a comedy.

A big comedy at that!
Local Councils in Nigeria are constrained due lack of financial autonomy, diversion of resources meant for the rural populace and undue interference from State Governments instead of a presumed supportive role. In fact, the third tier of government is effectively starved of funds needed carry out its functions at the detriment of people living in the rural communities.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Goodday5432: 10:33am On May 23, 2020
see below
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by senatordave1(m): 10:48am On May 23, 2020
OnyeFely:
It's the norm over there. I served in Batsari, Katsina, and through out my stay there, it was only end of the month we saw "workers" lined up just to collect their "salaries", and after that, the offices remained shut till another end of the month. We work down here in d South, and the North eats.

You are a big liar.it is what obtains all over LGA offices in Nigeria.even in the south,workers rarely go to work.your sectional talks wont fly
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by luba9876: 10:51am On May 23, 2020
ednut1:
A common sight in Northern Nigeria. When allocation comes they resume, share and go home. disgraceful
Not only in the north. through out my one year stay in ogwashiku, aniocha south LGA of Delta state, there has never been a time I went to the LG secretariat and saw up to four people. It's a normal thing in most LG secretariats in Nigeria except for some that are within the state capital.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Sirwallace(m): 10:51am On May 23, 2020
dandogoh:
UK used laptops up for pickup

Do you have dell latitude e7440, corei7
2gb graphic card, 8gb ram, 256 ssd? And how much?

1 Like

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Ripama: 10:55am On May 23, 2020
Very well! Reminds me of NYSC days. In that part of the country, LGA staff only visit the secretariat when the salary arrives including the chairman. So many ghost workers.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Solatium(m): 10:58am On May 23, 2020
Kingpele:
Ok, i don't know whether the governor is now councilors that have the mandate to checkmate government at the grassroots, empower the councilors and enlighten them to what they should be doing.... You won't need to risk your life traveling to the den of bokoharam...

Councillors and LG chairpersons are not elected to learn on the job,they are not meant to be enlighten or empower by any governor.
Those position are meant for already enlightened person.
People like you are the reason Nigeria is the way it is.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by 247day: 11:09am On May 23, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

Isn't that what happens in most local governments?
They are mostly idle most of the time in various LG secretariats.

I know of one secretariat in Benue state, only a few workers come to work and what they do at work is ; play Whot, drink bossman gin and eat groundnut.
By 2 p.m, they are all heading back to their farms

Perhaps, if they are granted autonomy, they would be busy fixing their LG, awarding contracts and looting (of course)
[/s]
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Nobody: 11:10am On May 23, 2020
This is a normal thing especially in the north. Local government workers show up only when it's time to collect salary
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:42am On May 23, 2020
i can understand the workers for fear of BH, they arent at work..but come to DELTA STATE, NDOKWA EAST LGA, Aboh.. these ones doesnt come to work at all.. they congregate only when money is to be shared and meetings .. i did my NYSC there some years ago. the Govt cant do anything kos its like you are traveling from Ibadan to Lagos when you leave Asaba to Aboh.. Over 3 Hours on the road..so pathetic...
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Nobody: 11:58am On May 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
isoright

lackadaisical attitude towards work in Nigeria is something else

Especially government employees
You see staff coming to work 10am
Before 2:30 pm you nor go see anybody for office

Then the women na school runs them dey do during working hours
Once them get belle just forget
Maternity leave go almost extend reach one-year

Just like a scenario I encountered during my service in Imo state under Rochas administration, teachers rarely come to sch except Monday as God take touch their spirit while the lest is in the hands of principal who is almost to his retirement age and we corpers and few Npowers, come see massive exploitation going on among the students, npowers and corpers. I fought with my colleagues not to bring doz sch gals to corp lodge so as not to hear stories dat matters the heart. But ds is too bad someone will be at home and expecting salary although I understand the teachers plight as dey where owe 3-5 months salary

2 Likes

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by chaloskyx: 12:29pm On May 23, 2020
you yourself Mr Governor is never around you spend most of the year in Abuja leaving your state on auto pilot. so i hope whatever punishment you dish-out is applicable to you
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by ogubolokento(m): 2:17pm On May 23, 2020
Your anticidence speaks my Governor
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by UNUKHASO: 4:26pm On May 23, 2020
THEY HAD ALL GONE TO THE CITY FOR COLLECTION IF SALARY FOR THE SALLAH
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by feedthenation(m): 4:36pm On May 23, 2020
I think most of those areas are under the controllership of the BK boys. I don't blame them for not going to work.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Cosmatikka: 10:14pm On May 23, 2020
Officialgarri:

Isn't that what happens in most local governments?
They are mostly idle most of the time in various LG secretariats.

I know of one secretariat in Benue state, only a few workers come to work and what they do at work is ; play Whot, drink bossman gin and eat groundnut.
By 2 p.m, they are all heading back to their farms

Perhaps, if they are granted autonomy, they would be busy fixing their LG, awarding contracts and looting (of course)
Are u talking about Okpokwu LGA in Benue? I served there and that's exactly wat happens dere. Dere re lots of mango trees there, dey come to work late, sign in, stay under the trees and play whot and eat groundnut. By 2pm, all man is gone
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by opiraxy(m): 1:27am On May 24, 2020
Even before corona...its been like that....only come on pay day...
Ezennwa:
hmm!

The fear of coronavirus is the beginning of wisdom.

There's no cause for alarm.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by heartbeat84: 11:11am On Aug 07, 2021
I love that. That's a good step in checkmating the scourge of ghost-workers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger / Hon Okon Uwah Slumps, Dies During Campaign In Akwa Ibom / Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns In Ondo In Style - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.