Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats (31973 Views)

Police Seal 17 Local Government Area Secretariats Of Plateau / Zulum Meets Families Of Slain Officers, Visits The Injured In Hospital (pics) / 2020 Budget: FG To Complete 6 Secretariats In Anambra, Bayelsa, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by uvie66: 8:45am On May 23, 2020
mhmsadyq:

YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT SAID SOMETHING MEANINGFUL PB THIS THREAD SO FAR.

WHO IS HE TO BE SNEAKING ON LGs?
They are the third tier of government. The governor is not a supervisor over them.
So who are the LGs accountable to.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by apexx6575: 8:47am On May 23, 2020
[color=#] 3995853[/color]
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Nobody: 8:47am On May 23, 2020
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by infogenius(m): 8:49am On May 23, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

The fear of coronavirus is the beginning of wisdom.

There's no cause for alarm.

Yes, u may be right and this sounds like a sensible reason alas it's not always so.

These peeps are like that, they don't like coming to work.
I served at Nguru and I can tell you that these guys come to work only month end and after pay
they are off till the end of the next month.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by yusluvad(m): 8:49am On May 23, 2020
Lol
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by yusluvad(m): 8:50am On May 23, 2020
infogenius:

Yes, u may be right and this sounds like a sensible reason alas it's not always so.

These peeps are like that, they don't like coming to work.
I served at Nguru and I can tell you that these guys come to work only month end and after pay
they are off till the end of the next month.

That is it my brother. It is well with Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by pacespot(m): 8:54am On May 23, 2020
Local governments in Nigeria are a government of absentees.

1 Like

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Peachy14: 8:56am On May 23, 2020
Weldon work to Gorv.Zulum how I wish all state governors will emulate him. not doing eye service work around the president.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by mhmsadyq(m): 8:59am On May 23, 2020
uvie66:
So who are the LGs accountable to.

THE PEOPLE WITHIN ITS BOUNDARIES.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by izubext007: 9:00am On May 23, 2020
the blame should go to Boko Haram and corvid-19.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Kingspin(m): 9:01am On May 23, 2020
mhmsadyq:

OGA, IT IS WORSE EVERYWHERE.
STOP THIS SENTIMENT.
What is sentiment? Is North better than South?

Or did I say the South is exempted?

When we call for restructuring some lazy people will think differently
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by friday2011(m): 9:01am On May 23, 2020
Davash222:
My sympathy goes to the absentee officials.

Lol... Them go lie untop coro head na.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Inda2020: 9:02am On May 23, 2020
해튜켜큐코너 ㅁㅎ녘 노뉴너뉺캬ㅓㄴㅎ누넌ㅍ녀뉴논 킄ㅍㅋ ㄴ 큐. ㅓ뉴너뉸
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Nobody: 9:04am On May 23, 2020
agwom:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/gov-zulum-meets-empty-offices-during-surprise-tour.html
Zulum for president abeg!
His silent actions speak loud for him.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by mhmsadyq(m): 9:11am On May 23, 2020
Kingspin:
What is sentiment? Is North better than South?

Or did I say the South is exempted?

When we call for restructuring some lazy people will think differently

YOU CAN'T SAY IT IS WORSE IN THE NORTH JUST COS A GOVERNOR IN A NORTHERN STATE SNEAKED ON SOME LGs IN ONE DAY OUT OF MANY DAYS.
IT COULD HAVE BEEN A SOUTHERN GOVERNOR THAT THIS, AND THE EXPERIENCE WON'T BE ANY DIFFERENT. WE SAW IT IN EKITI AND OTHER SOUTHERN STATES IN THE PAST.

MORESO, THEY COULD HAVE THEIR REASONS.

THIS IS THE SAME GOVERNOR THAT SNEAKED ON A SCHOOL AS EARLY AS 5:30AM AND MET JUST A TEACHER.
DO TEACHER SLEEP IN THEIR CLASSROOMS?
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Nobody: 9:16am On May 23, 2020
It has always been like that. The local government secretariats are usually empty till pay day.
All they know is gathering to collect oil money. Unproductive population. That's why we are where we are today.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Reference(m): 9:20am On May 23, 2020
What is your business oga gobenor. Should local government not be independent. Does the President check on you. Let the people who should be served by local government hold them to account. If they cannot out of ignorance or sentiment then they suffer for it. The governor doesn't even understand his responsibility. Delineate power and responsibility and watch them all sit up. It is the structure dear governor.

You will see a governor dealing with farmers when he should be dealig with agric processing companies.
You will see a governor chasing taxis when he should be building metros.
You will see a governor comissioning dumpsters when he should be comissioning recycling plants....

Nigeria is just a comedy.

1 Like

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Bluffly: 9:28am On May 23, 2020
Na today. Nothing surprising. They only open on month end to process Salary. That has always been their practice.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by mechanics(m): 9:32am On May 23, 2020
I love his style of leadership, he's redefining the narrative of politics.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Kingspin(m): 9:35am On May 23, 2020
mhmsadyq:

YOU CAN'T SAY IT IS WORSE IN THE NORTH JUST COS A GOVERNOR IN A NORTHERN STATE SNEAKED ON SOME LGs IN ONE DAY OUT OF MANY DAYS.
IT COULD HAVE BEEN A SOUTHERN GOVERNOR THAT THIS, AND THE EXPERIENCE WON'T BE ANY DIFFERENT. WE SAW IT IN EKITI AND OTHER SOUTHERN STATES IN THE PAST.

MORESO, THEY COULD HAVE THEIR REASONS.

THIS IS THE SAME GOVERNOR THAT SNEAKED ON A SCHOOL AS EARLY AS 5:30AM AND MET JUST A TEACHER.
DO TEACHER SLEEP IN THEIR CLASSROOMS?
I talk deeper or let me say more then what the gov saw generally.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by ednut1(m): 9:36am On May 23, 2020
mhmsadyq:

RANTING OF A SLAVE!
ANYWAYS, THIS IS THE BEST SLAVES CAN DO.
WE SHALL ALLOW YOU TAKE SOLACE ON YOUR RANTS, SINCE IT MAKES YOU HAPPY.
CONTINUE......
are you done
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by mhmsadyq(m): 9:37am On May 23, 2020
Reference:
What is your business oga gobenor. Should local government not be independent. Does the President check on you. Let the people who should be served by local government hold them to account. If they cannot out of ignorance or sentiment then they suffer for it. The governor doesn't even understand his responsibility. Delineate power and responsibility and watch them all sit up. It is the structure dear governor.
You will see a governor dealing with farmers when he should be dealig with agric processing companies.
You will see a governor chasing taxis when he should be building metros.
You will see a governor comissioning dumpsters when he should be comissioning recycling plants....

Nigeria is just a comedy.

GOD BLESS YOU SIR.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Artzdanielsz(m): 9:37am On May 23, 2020
Officialgarri:

Isn't that what happens in most local governments?
They are mostly idle most of the time in various LG secretariats.

I know of one secretariat in Benue state, only a few workers come to work and what they do at work is ; play Whot, drink bossman gin and eat groundnut.
By 2 p.m, they are all heading back to their farms

Perhaps, if they are granted autonomy, they would be busy fixing their LG, awarding contracts and looting (of course)
Main reason why it's so is because State government takes away their job for contractors.

1 Like

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by mhmsadyq(m): 9:40am On May 23, 2020
Kingspin:
I talk deeper or let me say more then what the gov saw generally.

WELL, IT OK.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Sheuns(m): 9:43am On May 23, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

The fear of coronavirus is the beginning of wisdom.

There's no cause for alarm.

No be corona. It’s a norm in the north. Na when month end and salary is being shared dem dey plenty for office.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by amliftedhigher: 9:43am On May 23, 2020
No be coronavirus cause it. In the North, government workers don't go to work at all. Some go to work by 12pm and close by 2pm. On Friday no work at all
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by Ezennwa(m): 9:44am On May 23, 2020
Sheuns:

No be corona. It’s a norm in the north. Na when month end and salary is being shared dem dey plenty for office.
Ok, no problem.
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by sizer07: 9:53am On May 23, 2020
Once salary is delayed for a day now.CNN will hear of how they are been owned and the government want to kill them by not paying salary . Nigeria we are our own problem
Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by BrutusOj(m): 9:57am On May 23, 2020
seedorfg:
Their they are doing weekly shift with termites.

Re: Gov Zulum Meets Empty Offices During Surprise Tour Of LG Secretariats by mirrowkshaw: 10:05am On May 23, 2020
agwom:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/gov-zulum-meets-empty-offices-during-surprise-tour.html
H.E should understand that Boko Haram is still on rampage and attack at will and therefore not blame the LGA officials for working from home as taking safety measures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LP Kicks As Tinubu Disowns Alleged NADEDO ‘Impostor’ / Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) / Dolapo Osinbajo And Her Son At Hanan Buhari's Photo Exhibition In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.