Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Is Nairaland Anti-women ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Nairaland Anti-women ? (2800 Views)

Why Is Nairaland Becoming A Mess? / Is Nairaland Mod Aiding Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by sisisioge: 8:16am On May 23, 2020
Mstick:
Most of them wouldn't even be able to say a word after hello, I think there was a massive migration from Facebook to nairaland because nairaland comments and topics this days look so "Facebooky"

They're young am sure the ones that will eventually mature will but the perpetual "baby boys" and nwachinemere's won't.

Lol @ the nwachinemeres!

3 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Mstick: 8:16am On May 23, 2020
Don't say I didn't warn you oh. grin

Anyways in the grand scheme of things it's not that deep but you know for some people this is their alpha,Omega, beginning and the end.

StubbornGENIUS:
I have my own principles,they have theirs.Besides they can't do more than throwing dumb&meaningless tantrums behind their keyboard.And who the hell gives a fvck about useless NL likes that only add to seun's pocket.

3 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by crackland: 8:23am On May 23, 2020
The truth will always come off as a kind of anti-something to those who don't like it. FACT!

For example, I can tell sisisioge that she is the most beautiful lady I have ever met in my life...in fact, all African women are goddesses and she is their queen.

That opinion above makes me very pro-women...melanin popping shít. cool

Now alternatively, on a day when I'm feeling really honest and not trying in any way to make her like me or trying to get her in my bed, I could simply tell her the truth and admit that she's just there...another chic who looks okay and there's nothing special about her.
In fact, there's nothing special about any woman - just two legs, two arms, and a nyansh that deposits shít which stinks up the toilet on a very bad day.

The above is very true, but it's anti-women to any woman who does not like to hear/read this truth. grin

There are so many other examples, and one very common one is:

- Women should be respected because they bring new life into the world, they are the most important part of nature.
This is a very pro-woman opinion.

- Alternatively, someone with a more realistic view of the world will say, please there's nothing so special about giving birth or bringing forth new life. Dogs and Goats do the same thing and they don't get appreciated for it when the survival of animals is equally very important in nature.
Now this is very true, but considered anti-women.

I could go on and on with examples...

The ONLY reasons why anyone would feel insulted when their name is not mentioned specifically, is either because they know they're guilty of something OR they have an unusually high opinion of themselves which leads them to assume that their gender must be placed on a pedestal and never talked down on.
Both of these are a reflection of their own mental state, not a reflection of the person typing what he/she feels like in a free space.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Acidosis(m): 8:26am On May 23, 2020
zmpp:

Acidosis has suffered in your hands.

Lmao grin grin Wetin na?
Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Feminists: 8:27am On May 23, 2020
crackland:
The truth always comes off as a kind of anti-something to those who don't like it. cheesy

For example, I can tell sisisioge that she is the most beautiful lady I have ever met in my life...in fact, all African women are goddesses and she is their queen.

Now alternatively on a day when I'm feeling really honest and not trying in any way to make her like me or trying to get her in my bed, I could simply tell her the truth and admit that she's just there...another chic who looks okay and there's nothing special about her.
In fact, there's nothing special about any woman - just two legs, two arms, and a nyansh that deposits shít which stinks up the toilet on a very bad day.

The above is true, but it's anti-women to most women who don't like to hear/read the truth. grin

- Women should be respected because they bring new life into the world, they are the most important part of nature...

- Alternatively, someone with a more realistic view of the world will say, please there's nothing so special about giving birth or bringing forth new life. Dogs and Goats do the same thing and they don't get appreciated for it when the survival of animals is equally very important in nature.

The ONLY reasons why anyone would feel insulted when their name is not mentioned specifically, is either because they know they're guilty OR they have a very high opinion of themselves and assume that their gender must be placed on a pedestal.
Both of these are a reflection of their own mental state, not a reflection of the person typing what he/she feels like in a free space.
I don't know what woman will not be offended when women in general is being insulted, this is not about being guilty or not. Some insults and generalization here would make a woman offended whether or not she is guilty.
I don't know what is truth to you, calling all Nigerian women including their mothers hoes is truth to you ?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Feminists: 8:29am On May 23, 2020
Mstick:
Of course he's very rich, very, very rich in nonsense. Yes he did! 5K not in dollars oh but naira.

Lol, so he collected 5k from an evening newspaper ?

11 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by crackland: 8:33am On May 23, 2020
Feminists:
I don't know what woman will not be offended when women in general is being insulted, this is not about being guilty or not. Some insults and generalization here would make a woman offended whether or not she is guilty.
Really, do men get offended when some insults and generalizations are made on the male gender?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by cococandy(f): 8:34am On May 23, 2020
Is Nairaland anti-women . Yes. Obviously. To anyone with even a smidge of a brain. If someone says otherwise, they are biased. QED.

On the other hand, you people shouldn’t broke shame specific individuals by name.

12 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Acidosis(m): 8:37am On May 23, 2020
zmpp:

He is the one and you have met him fa, but it is OK if you choose not to say openly here that he is the one.

I need to investigate this moniker asap cheesy
Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by crackland: 8:37am On May 23, 2020
Feminists:

I don't know what is truth to you, calling all Nigerian women including their mothers hoes is truth to you ?
When someone calls Nigerian women hoes, he obviously is not including his mother and loved ones. Same way when someone calls Nigerian men scum and uncivilised, she is not including her father and loved ones.

It goes both ways...

The truth is that no one is a victim in the name-calling. Only hoes get offended when Nigerian women are called hoes, same way only scum and uncivilized men get offended when Nigerian men are called so.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Feminists: 8:37am On May 23, 2020
crackland:

Really, do men get offended when some insults and generalizations are made on the male gender?
Yes, they do. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by sisisioge: 8:37am On May 23, 2020
crackland:
The truth will always come off as a kind of anti-something to those who don't like it. FACT!

Now alternatively, on a day when I'm feeling really honest and not trying in any way to make her like me or trying to get her in my bed, I could simply tell her the truth and admit that she's just there...another chic who looks okay and there's nothing special about her.

The above is very true, but it's anti-women to any woman who does not like to hear/read this truth. grin

- Women should be respected because they bring new life into the world, they are the most important part of nature.

The ONLY reasons why anyone would feel insulted when their name is not mentioned specifically, is either because they know they're guilty of something OR they have an unusually high opinion of themselves which leads them to assume that their gender must be placed on a pedestal and never talked down on.

Chai! There I was thinking I'm really special tongue tongue

Anyways, that's not the point of this thread, its about those who outrightly go out to attack women for the singular reason of being another ordinary human being. They just have to say something demeaning just because they are women. So its not about flattering, its about staying true to sef.

For instance, a woman saved up her money to buy her mother a car and her husband is ready to divorce her because he thought she should have bought him a car instead of her mother! The male folk on the thread were unsurprisingly in agreement and attacking everyone who thinks otherwise! Isn't that strange?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Mstick: 8:38am On May 23, 2020
This nairaland Sha, even if there is a topic clearly written for WOMEN ONLY! It will appear. I can't imagine having 1 million degrees and 500,000 masters and all I do all day is commenting on topics not even remotely related to what I studied.

If this one isn't a case of woman wrapperism I don't know what else is.

11 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by illicit(m): 8:39am On May 23, 2020
One thing is sure.... Man or Woman
People assume different personalities online and offline....

2 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Feminists: 8:39am On May 23, 2020
crackland:

If someone calls Nigerian women hoes, he obviously is not including his mother and loved ones. Same way when someone calls Nigerian men scum and uncivilised, she is not including her father and loved ones.

It goes both ways...

The truth is that no one is a victim in the name-calling. Only hoes get offended when Nigerian women are called hoes, same way only scum and uncivilized men get offended when Nigerian men are called so .
Well, this is an obvious lie.

5 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by crackland: 8:40am On May 23, 2020
Feminists:
Yes, they do. undecided
Name one male who did here on Nairaland, or opened a thread about it. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Kosoco(m): 8:41am On May 23, 2020
Wheather you like it or Not.... Women will always complain over everything. Not everyone insults women. Some opinion varies.. you use because it does not suit you and say yes this Forum is Anti women..... haba this Forum is for all. When did this Feminist issue start sef. Is it not when women are allowed to go to school. ? Women should understand that there is no measurement of comparison for them to Men. All need each other but women are not more than men in all ramifications no matter how you twist it. Even from the days of old.
Feminists:
There are rarely threads with headline that calls men scum here, if there are 2 threads insulting men believe me there are 1000 threads insulting women.
Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by crackland: 8:44am On May 23, 2020
sisisioge:

Chai! There I was thinking I'm really special tongue tongue

Anyways, that's not the point of this thread, its about those who outrightly go out to attack women for the singular reason of being another ordinary human being. They just have to say something demeaning just because they are women. So its not about flattering, its about staying true to sef.

For instance, a woman saved up her money to buy her mother a car and her husband is ready to divorce her because he thought she should have bought him a car instead of her mother! The male folk on the thread were unsurprisingly in agreement and attacking everyone who thinks otherwise! Isn't that strange?
It's called opinions and choices.. etc..
That's what the internet offers.

You can't expect everyone to have the same views as yourself...whether they're staying true to themselves or not, doesn't stop them from saying what they want to say.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by sisisioge: 8:48am On May 23, 2020
crackland:

It's called opinions and choices.. etc..
That's what the internet offers.

You can't expect everyone to have the same views as yourself...whether they're staying true to themselves or not, doesn't stop them from saying what they want to say.

True that...hence we are airing opinions about the direction of their opinions grin. I thus opine that majority of the opinions waging men on here are not true to self with their opinions. You just simplified it grin

10 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by crackland: 8:49am On May 23, 2020
Feminists:
Well, this is an obvious lie.
Well it's true for me and a host of other men here.

I can't get offended when men are generally berated - called deadbeat, lazy, broke, scum, uncivilized, etc.
Not because I don't know there are men who fit these criteria, in fact there are... but because I'm not any one of those things. Why would I get offended when I'm not cursed with an over-estimated sense of my gender?
I'm not freedom-fighter MLK grin

I only respond, not even out of offense, to people who quote me directly to be foólish. And whatever name I call them while responding is something they deserve.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Acidosis(m): 8:51am On May 23, 2020
What do we call this one now? Bitter or hater?

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by crackland: 8:56am On May 23, 2020
sisisioge:

True that...hence we are airing opinions about the direction of their opinions grin. I thus opine that majority of the opinions waging men on here are not true to self with their opinions. You just simplified it grin
Welcome to the 21st century grin

You can call the president of an entire country a cattle herder (in fact, all APC members are senseless), or you can call a president the Orange man (in fact, all Republicans are racists)...and this is all good because someone said so.

But call women names, and the world ought to come to a standstill. cheesy

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Feminists: 8:56am On May 23, 2020
Kosoco:
Wheather you like it or Not.... Women will always complain over everything. Not everyone insults women. Some opinion varies.. you use because it does not suit you and say yes this Forum is Anti women..... haba this Forum is for all. When did this Feminist issue start sef. Is it not when women are allowed to go to school. ? Women should understand that there is no measurement of comparison for them to Men. All need each other but women are not more than men in all ramifications no matter how you twist it. Even from the days of old.
It has some how turn to feminism now cheesy
Nobody is better than me just because they have a penis, they have to earn it.
EOD

5 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Feminists: 8:58am On May 23, 2020
crackland:

Well it's true for me and a host of other men here.

I can't get offended when men are generally berated - called deadbeat, lazy, broke, scum, uncivilized, etc.
Not because I don't know there are men who fit these criteria, in fact there are... but because I'm not any one of those things. So why would I get offended when I don't have an over-estimated sense of my gender.
I'm not MLK grin

I only respond, not even out of offense, to people who quote me directly to be foólish. And whatever name I call them while responding is something they deserve.
K.
Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by sisisioge: 9:02am On May 23, 2020
crackland:

Welcome to the 21st century grin

You can call the president of an entire country a cattle herder (in fact, all APC members are senseless), or you can call a president the Orange man (in fact, all Republicans are racists)...and this is all good because someone said so.

But call women names, and the world ought to come to a standstill. cheesy

No nau...same way someone was arrested recently for insulting the president, sometimes, we like to stop and look them in the face and say "really!". That's all what this is about. Take that dasvas boy for instance...he's known to be begging a naija girl for alms upandan and in the same vain insulting same. Isn't it worth the " really!" ? Believe me, there are several like him.

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by mrblessed(m): 9:02am On May 23, 2020
Yes, nairaland is a space where abuse reigns supreme. Maybe it is because of the toga of "anonymity" it confers on members, so some people are irresponsible and careless with their comments. Or because the raging gender war makes objectivity very difficult. For example, some ladies will always defend their kind even if she is wrong, all in the name of protecting the "sister code." Ditto guys.

It is very wrong to state that women are unfairly targeted in this forum. All genders are routinely shamed and abused, perhaps it is the emotional aspect of you ladies that make you think it is lopsided. No, it is not, even though it shouldn't happen in the first place. In fact, some members --men and women alike -- are notorious for "genderised" outlook. Although these negative words, sometimes, are not directly used to putdown anyone, but to portray what obtains in the society. Some people take umbrage and become irrational when some of the inadequacies of their gender are pointed out. I believe this constitutes as "abuse" against women to you.

There is another kind of abuse the Op did not noticed. It is what I call "intragender" abuse. For instance, women who have divergent views that challenge or deviate from the mainstream expectations, are chided, derided, and called derogatory names. Men who show "too" much love and devotion to a woman are upbraided as being effeminate and emotional.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Kosoco(m): 9:04am On May 23, 2020
Earn what.... the greatest woman ever lived Queen Nefertiti’ lived submissively to his man... Can you afford Real Penis? Or you just talking
Feminists:
It has some how turn to feminism now cheesy
Nobody is better than me just because they have a penis, they have to earn it.
EOD
Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by sisisioge: 9:04am On May 23, 2020
Acidosis:

What do we call this one now? Bitter or hater?

grin grin grin

Oga you and your lovey should carry una self comot here jor. We aren't fighting here....just airing opinions.

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Nobody: 9:08am On May 23, 2020
Dafug is this?
Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Ishilove: 9:09am On May 23, 2020
Mstick:
True! met TWO of them actually sometime last year in Portharcourt. They're are students at NOUN, I was inside the taxi when they entered and they shouldn't be older than 23.

You need to see the way one of them was typing agressively am sure he was posting a "Savage" comment.

I actually chuckled, so this are the people I've been arguing with back and forth?

The other one still stays with his parents with his wife which he has turned to punching bag even after she just had a baby, his parents asked her to kneel down and beg him after beating her up mercilessly after all he's her husband, he's even a druggie and he has 0 naira to cater for his pregnant wife even after she gave birth NOTHING I mean NOTHING!

He's always here and romance section talking about how women are bad.

Jesus
Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Feminists: 9:12am On May 23, 2020
Kosoco:
Earn what.... the greatest woman ever lived Queen Nefertiti’ lived submissively to his man... Can you afford Real Penis? Or you just talking
Wow i knew it would turn to submission.
Oh well, shove the submission down your ass, it is none of my problem. My thread is not about submission and whatnot don't bring it here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Ishilove: 9:12am On May 23, 2020
cococandy:
Is Nairaland anti-women . Yes. Obviously. To anyone with even a smidge of a brain. If someone says otherwise, they are biased. QED.

On the other hand, you people shouldn’t broke shame specific individuals by name.
He is being singled out because he is very vocal about how 'useless' Nigerian women are, but that didn't stop him from collecting money from one. That's double standards.

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Patronize Me! / Family Yam Pounder & Super Quality Blender- URGENT Sales / Dear Men, Avoid This Mistake Funke Akindele's Husband Made.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.