Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Is Nairaland Anti-women ? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Nairaland Anti-women ? (2805 Views)

Why Is Nairaland Becoming A Mess? / Is Nairaland Mod Aiding Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by crackland: 9:15am On May 23, 2020
sisisioge:

No nau...same way someone was arrested recently for insulting the president, sometimes, we like to stop and look them in the face and say "really!". That's all what this is about. Take that dasvas boy for instance...he's known to be begging a naija girl for alms upandan and in the same vain insulting same. Isn't it worth the " really!" ? Believe me, there are several like him.
So let me get this straight, because this Davash guy received 5k from ONE female, means that he should suddenly stop insulting (your words) ALL females?

Was it ALL females that gave him 5k?

9 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Nobody: 9:15am On May 23, 2020
Feminists:
Why is the female gender always insulted in Nairaland ? It has become a norm, I see some topics on FP I don't click on it cause I already know what the comments are. The mods keeps pushing a lot of misogynists threads to FP where men would have a field day insulting women, especially Nigerian women.
Don't they know some naive people/teens use nairaland and swallow every thing they see online.
Why is every thread an opportunity to insult women, Nigerian women especially ? Is it to get numerous likes, to sound woke or what ?
Nairaland is actually dominated by males and males with the f on their monicker. It's quite sad really, especially on romance section

12 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Nobody: 9:16am On May 23, 2020
Must you female folks complain about everything?

Men are insulted by females everytime on this forum but I’ve never seen any thread like this created by a man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Acidosis(m): 9:17am On May 23, 2020
sisisioge:

grin grin grin

Oga you and your lovey should carry una self comot here jor. We aren't fighting here....just airing opinions.

grin grin grin
Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by zmpp(f): 9:20am On May 23, 2020
Ishilove:

He is being singled out because he is very vocal about how 'useless' Nigerian women are, but that didn't stop him from collecting money from one. That's double standards.

@Acidosis, so you even collected money from one of us.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Acidosis(m): 9:30am On May 23, 2020
zmpp:

@Acidosis, so you even collected money from one of us.

This your style is stale na. Trying to get some facts about Acidosis by asking the females here (those you think I've met or dated) 'some kain' indirectly questions won't work na. Lol

Don't stress yourself o, you won't get any 'positive' response trust me grin
Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by zmpp(f): 9:36am On May 23, 2020
Biancah:
I think you and Acidosis have a crush on each other lipsrsealed

Crush ke. I am happily married.

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by zmpp(f): 9:37am On May 23, 2020
Acidosis:

This your style is stale na. Trying to get some facts about Acidosis by asking the females here (those you think I've met or dated) 'some kain' indirectly questions won't work na. Lol

Don't stress yourself o, you won't get any 'positive' response trust me grin

Truth hurts, so I understand.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Acidosis(m): 9:44am On May 23, 2020
zmpp:

Truth hurts, so I understand.

I need to understand your pain smiley let's talk about it

2 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Omoluabeesixtee: 10:12am On May 23, 2020
mrblessed:
Yes, nairaland is a space where abuse reigns supreme. Maybe it is because of the toga of "anonymity" it confers on members, so some people are irresponsible and careless with their comments. Or because the raging gender war makes objectivity very difficult. For example, some ladies will always defend their kind even if she is wrong, all in the name of protecting the "sister code." Ditto guys.

It is very wrong to state that women are unfairly targeted in this forum. All genders are routinely shamed and abused, perhaps it is the emotional aspect of you ladies that make you think it is lopsided. No, it is not, even though it shouldn't happen in the first place. In fact, some members --men and women alike -- are notorious for "genderised" outlook. Although these negative words, sometimes, are not directly used to putdown anyone, but to portray what obtains in the society. Some people take umbrage and become irrational when some of the inadequacies of their gender are pointed out. I believe this constitutes as "abuse" against women to you.

There is another kind of abuse the Op did not noticed. It is what I call "intragender" abuse. For instance, women who have divergent views that challenge or deviate from the mainstream expectations, are chided, derided, and called derogatory names. Men who show "too" much love and devotion to a woman are upbraided as being effeminate and emotional.
This is the worst kind of abuse.
Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Mstick: 10:28am On May 23, 2020
Christ, anyone active on health section about 4 years ago would know who I am talking about.

Ishilove:

Jesus

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Nobody: 10:44am On May 23, 2020
Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by wisdomiskey(m): 10:45am On May 23, 2020
Plead:
Must you female folks complain about everything?

Men are insulted by females everytime on this forum but I’ve never seen any thread like this created by a man.

I'm surprised dude. From how you attacked Buka in that infamous thread, one would've thought you were the ultimate defender of the female folk and their childish tantrums.

3 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by sisisioge: 10:50am On May 23, 2020
crackland:

So let me get this straight, because this Davash guy received 5k from ONE female, means that he should suddenly stop insulting (your words) ALL females?

Was it ALL females that gave him 5k?

He generalizes naija women in his insults, streamlined it to Nland females....so yes, he should put his mouth where his money is. How does he in one minute call them failures and in the next ask them for alms? It doesn't follow. By the way, he begs generally.... Only one came through for him.

8 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 23, 2020
wisdomiskey:

I'm surprised dude. From how you attacked Buka in that infamous thread, one would've thought you were the ultimate defender of the female folk and their childish tantrums.

You’re wrong. I defend whoever I feel is right ,male or female.

I owe no allegiance to a specific gender but to the truth.
Here comes my siggy “I’m gonna right all the wrongs in the world”

2 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Victornezzar: 11:03am On May 23, 2020
What's the essence of this topic actually??

No be for this same forum that your girls will be calling us broke ass niggas

Stop crying.... We're just here to catch Fun

5 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by crackland: 11:06am On May 23, 2020
sisisioge:

He generalizes naija women in his insults, streamlined it to Nland females....so yes, he should put his mouth where his money is. How does he in one minute call them failures and in the next ask them for alms? It doesn't follow. By the way, he begs generally.... Only one came through for him.
You keep typing 'them' cheesy
How many?

Well I'm not going to make conversation out of someone else's financial need or how being needy should stop anyone from expressing opinions in the 21st century.
That's akin to saying that the beggar you pass by on the streets should NEVER have an opinion about people because he gets his sustenance from people.

If an opinion (or insult) doesn't reflect your reality, why would it be offensive to you?
Is everybody supposed to put you on a pedestal?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Victornezzar: 11:06am On May 23, 2020
Mstick:
True! met TWO of them actually sometime last year in Portharcourt. They're are students at NOUN, I was inside the taxi when they entered and they shouldn't be older than 23.

You need to see the way one of them was typing agressively am sure he was posting a "Savage" comment.

I actually chuckled, so this are the people I've been arguing with back and forth?

The other one still stays with his parents with his wife which he has turned to punching bag even after she just had a baby, his parents asked her to kneel down and beg him after beating her up mercilessly after all he's her husband, he's even a druggie and he has 0 naira to cater for his pregnant wife even after she gave birth NOTHING I mean NOTHING!

He's always here and romance section talking about how women are bad.

Stop lying to Push your agenda

4 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by ibkayee(f): 11:19am On May 23, 2020
Mstick:
True! met TWO of them actually sometime last year in Portharcourt. They're are students at NOUN, I was inside the taxi when they entered and they shouldn't be older than 23.

You need to see the way one of them was typing agressively am sure he was posting a "Savage" comment.

I actually chuckled, so this are the people I've been arguing with back and forth?

The other one still stays with his parents with his wife which he has turned to punching bag even after she just had a baby, his parents asked her to kneel down and beg him after beating her up mercilessly after all he's her husband, he's even a druggie and he has 0 naira to cater for his pregnant wife even after she gave birth NOTHING I mean NOTHING!

I am SCREAMING

7 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by sisisioge: 11:41am On May 23, 2020
crackland:

You keep typing 'them' cheesy
How many?

Well I'm not going to make conversation out of someone else's financial need or how being needy should stop anyone from expressing opinions in the 21st century.
That's akin to saying that the beggar you pass by on the streets should NEVER have an opinion about people because he gets his sustenance from people.

If an opinion (or insult) doesn't reflect your reality, why would it be offensive to you?
Is everybody supposed to put you on a pedestal?

Apparently you still dont get. If I start attacking you with foe language now( yes, he does direct targeting too), would we say its my entitled opinion because its not your true state? Why then do people get arrested for hate speech or insults on offices? Why is there a legal term called libels(hope I spelt that correctly) or defamation of characters? Let me let you enjoy your day...it gets tiring going round a circle. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:54am On May 23, 2020
shocked shocked shocked
Mstick:
Of course he's very rich, very, very rich in nonsense. Yes he did! 5K not in dollars oh but naira.

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by DriggityDre: 12:03pm On May 23, 2020
Feminists:
Why is the female gender always insulted in Nairaland? It has become a norm, I see some topics on FP I don't click on it cause I already know what the comments are. The mods keeps pushing a lot of misogynists threads to FP where men would have a field day insulting women, especially Nigerian women.
Hmm..

@ bold, is that the problem?

If it is, I believe most males here have been bruised by a female one way or the other. Emotionally, physically, financially.

Some haven't actually been bruised but their behaviour could be through conformity, especially when they hear stories of how some women 'eat' a man's money, drain him and dump him. You know, that kind of stuff.

Considering the abundance of over-dependent women in our society, is another factor.

Aside the sexual insults, most insults are usually hurled towards the 'entitlement mentality' of some women.

Two factors are certain here; Bad egging and conformity to victims of bad egging.

Together, they form generalization.

Not a Nairaland issue alone, it's all over the internet.

Don't they know some naive people/teens use nairaland and swallow every thing they see online.
That's when the conformity factor comes in.

Note, I just tipped in my opinion @ the bold. Just the bold text.

4 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by crackland: 12:13pm On May 23, 2020
sisisioge:

Apparently you still dont get. If I start attacking you with foe language now( yes, he does direct targeting too), would we say its my entitled opinion because its not your true state? Why then do people get arrested for hate speech or insults on offices? Why is there a legal term called libels(hope I spelt that correctly) or defamation of characters? Let me let you enjoy your day...it gets tiring going round a circle. Cheers.
For direct targeting on your person, sure you have every reason to be offended na cheesy

But targeting a gender that has over 5000 members on Nairaland, and then YOU take it personal...what does it say about you?

Lol, cheers..

6 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by sisisioge: 12:19pm On May 23, 2020
crackland:

For direct targeting on your person, sure you have every reason to be offended na cheesy

But targeting a gender that has over 5000 members on Nairaland, and then YOU take it personal...what does it say about you?

Lol, cheers..

The guy target female folks directly! You want me to type it in Spanish? grin

For instance, I once opened a thread looking for an apartment... Chai! You would think I stole something ni or know the guys directly. Its appalling grin

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 23, 2020
Mstick:

I smell lies sha....
Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Kingarthur21: 12:25pm On May 23, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
Nairaland is actually dominated by males and males with the f on their monicker. It's quite sad really, especially on romance section
Except you chose to see things from women alonr perspectives alone,most males you tag women bashers have shared their own truths of the female gender and complained about their dealings with them.
With dande 55,sexy lassie, you funmi that broke sham guys, ri ele etc ,y baby, eye ness, lil miss favvy, shuga vee and several monikers,I will conclude there are men and women who have conflating views of the opposite sex just that men are more here so it seems more pronounced.

anyone who sees nothing wrong in calling men broke and sees everything wrong in calling ladies hoes is being dishonest

2 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Victornezzar: 12:25pm On May 23, 2020
Plead:

I smell lies sha....
Anything to push their agenda na grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by grandpoh(m): 12:26pm On May 23, 2020
I noticed this trend too

I don't blame the men though because I believe they are only expressing themselves through perceived ideology,most of the men who comment don't talk from experience but through public perception of the feminist.

Personally I'm a ardent fan of the old definitive feminist unlike what is obtainable today.
Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by crackland: 12:26pm On May 23, 2020
sisisioge:

The guy target female folks directly! You want me to type it in Spanish? grin

For instance, I once opened a thread looking for an apartment... Chai! You would think I stole something ni or know the guys directly. Its appalling grin
Only you one are female folks.. abi cheesy

If someone targets females generally and not you specifically, what makes it personal to you? Should I ask it in Latin? grin

On your thread, if you're attacked then you should be offended.
Your offense still shouldn't stop them from offending you though, since offending you is not a crime under any law. grin

7 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 23, 2020
Kingarthur21:

Except you chose to see things from women alonr perspectives alone,most males you tag women bashers have shared their own truths of the female gender and complained about their dealings with them.
With dande 55,sexy lassie, you funmi that broke sham guys, ri ele etc ,y baby, eye ness, lil miss favvy, shuga vee and several monikers,I will conclude there are men and women who have conflating views of the opposite sex just that men are more here so it seems more pronounced.

anyone who sees nothing wrong in calling men broke and sees everything wrong in calling ladies hoes is being dishonest
i agree.

I have now decided to choose my battles.

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Anti-women ? by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 23, 2020
cococandy:
Is Nairaland anti-women . Yes. Obviously. To anyone with even a smidge of a brain. If someone says otherwise, they are biased. QED.

On the other hand, you people shouldn’t broke shame specific individuals by name.

I actually love how he's being called out. There's nothing bad about being broke, it's not a constant state. There's also nothing bad in seeking for help.
However, you saw how quick he was to forget the act. I won't be surprised if he still goes ahead to say things like 'Nigerian women are lazy, they can't do this, they can't do that etc.'

How many Nigerian families can depend solely on the man's salaries? I even remember one thread in which some guys stated 'Nigerian women watch Telemundo all day. '
In which world?

You and poco are just too nice. Lord knows how many times these guys have picked up on you, yet you still help them. It's really admirable, but I could never. I'd rather use my olosho feminist ass money to uplift other women by helping them.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

True Life Story, I Need Your Honest Opinion. / Vendors Needed For My Wedding In July 2015 / How I Supported My Husband With My First Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.