Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Pls Help: Is It Possible To Add This Thing To It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help: Is It Possible To Add This Thing To It? (516 Views)

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? / Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? / Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help: Is It Possible To Add This Thing To It? by Tony142: 2:53pm On May 23, 2020
Good day Nairalanders,

let assume u have a fixed deposit account of 5m for 3yrs, with a return rate of 10%

My question is, is it possible to add more money to that 5m even when the 3yrs has not yet expiry?

What I mean is take for example u want to add like 500k to that 5m, is it possible to add the 500k to the 5m even when the 3yrs has not yet reach?
Re: Pls Help: Is It Possible To Add This Thing To It? by jabolo(m): 3:23pm On May 23, 2020
Tony142:

What I mean is take for example u want to add like 500k to that 5m, is it possible to add the 500k to the 5m even when the 3yrs has not yet reach?

No, you will have to enter into another fixed deposit with that 500k, at the current rate offered by the bank, which may be different from the 10% on the first fixed deposit.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Is It Possible To Add This Thing To It? by Tony142: 3:29pm On May 23, 2020
jabolo:

No, you will have to enter into another fixed deposit with that 500k, at the current rate offered by the bank, which may be different from the 10% on the first fixed deposit.

Hope that helps.

OK, thank u sir
Re: Pls Help: Is It Possible To Add This Thing To It? by Oluromantic: 6:09pm On May 23, 2020
Why fix 5million for 3 yrs. Anyway it depends on the interest rate though. Which bank is it?
Re: Pls Help: Is It Possible To Add This Thing To It? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
Na wa
Re: Pls Help: Is It Possible To Add This Thing To It? by tobechi74: 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2020
Diversify, since you already have fixed.
Invest in something else, either Foreign stock market or cryptocurrency or bond if you still want financial sector

Or try something else. Estate Management etc.

Do not put all your egg in one basket

(1) (Reply)

Nature Is Beautiful, So Are You (photos) / 85years Old Grandma Dancing Soapy By Naira Marley / Advice Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.