Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) (3358 Views)

Flutter Or React-native. / Learn Flutter / Oracle Or Cisco Or Java (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by Millerules(m): 10:12pm On May 26, 2020
Hi, You can follow this track.

Kotlin BootCamp for Beginners:
https://www.udacity.com/course/kotlin-bootcamp-for-programmers--ud9011

Developing Android Apps with Kotlin
https://www.udacity.com/course/developing-android-apps-with-kotlin--ud9012

Advanced Android with Kotlin:
https://www.udacity.com/course/advanced-android-with-kotlin--ud940

All the courses are free. Best.

Adeleye1212:

Thank you sir, I will go for kotlin
Do you have any course on kotlin that u can give to me

1 Like

Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by Adeleye1212(m): 11:55pm On May 26, 2020
Millerules:
Hi, You can follow this track.

Kotlin BootCamp for Beginners:
https://www.udacity.com/course/kotlin-bootcamp-for-programmers--ud9011

Developing Android Apps with Kotlin
https://www.udacity.com/course/developing-android-apps-with-kotlin--ud9012

Advanced Android with Kotlin:
https://www.udacity.com/course/advanced-android-with-kotlin--ud940

All the courses are free. Best.

Thank you sir
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by jackest1(m): 1:37pm On May 27, 2020
Flutter is bae.

Actually i learned Java for 6 Months, that's last year. Was very cumbersome and stressful though i was using a low end PC then.

This year i came across Flutter.
Downloaded one of the Highest rated Flutter courses on Udemy.

Had to get a New PC.
Specs - Core i5, 8GB Ram

In less than 2 Months, i can gladly say that i am a Flutter Developer.
I have built 2 complete apps with flutter.
One is released, the other isn't.

Flutter is fun. I love flutter
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by omoowhe: 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
jackest1:
Flutter is bae.

Actually i learned Java for 6 Months, that's last year. Was very cumbersome and stressful though i was using a low end PC then.

Had to get a New PC.
Specs - Core i5, 8GB Ram

I plan on learning flutter as well but my PC is just 4gb ram....... Do you think I'll have trouble working with it...... I've downloaded the app already
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by jackest1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
omoowhe:

I plan on learning flutter as well but my PC is just 4gb ram....... Do you think I'll have trouble working with it...... I've downloaded the app already

Yes you can but I'll advise you to use VSCode, Android studio is heavy
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by omoowhe: 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2020
jackest1:

Please I'm new to all this and I'm trying to self learn with lots of u tube videos, the one I have only talks about Android studio.......kindly tell me more about this vscode..... Help a brother Thanks
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by jackest1(m): 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2020
omoowhe:

Please I'm new to all this and I'm trying to self learn with lots of u tube videos, the one I have only talks about Android studio.......kindly tell me more about this vscode..... Help a brother Thanks

You can do a quick Google search on how to setup VSCode for Flutter.

And also i prefer taking professional tutorial courses
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by omoowhe: 2:56am On Jun 22, 2020
jackest1:

You can do a quick Google search on how to setup VSCode for Flutter.

And also i prefer taking professional tutorial courses
OK thanks a lot
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by jackest1(m): 11:31am On Jun 22, 2020
omoowhe:

OK thanks a lot

You're welcome, don't forget to check out my first Flutter app on my signature
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by omoowhe: 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
[quote author=jackest1 post=90942522]

You're welcome, don't forget to check out my first Flutter app on my signature [/quotoe]
Please can't seem to find it..... What's thread is in on your signature
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by victornkp: 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2021
Oboy flutter is the best for cross-plarfotm apps. You can build iOS, android and web apps from one code base. As pa write code that is converted into native apps. It's the fastest way to build cross platform app period.
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by Sheriman(m): 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2021
SUPREMOTM:

Flutter is not a programming language, it is an 'sdk' short for 'software development kit'. The programming language used in flutter development is Dart, created by Google.

Nobody should tell you what to learn and neither of them is better than the other, but let me give you a heads up. To create mobile apps with Flutter, you will need to install Android Studio and Android Emulator.

After successfully installing them, my 8GB memory laptop started lagging BADLY taking the fun away from the development process. I checked stackoverflow and I saw it was a universal issue. My point is, for smooth Flutter Development, you need at least 16GB of memory on your system.

Official hardware requirement is "3GB minimum and 8GB recommended memory", but I assure you it's a setup for frustration. If your machine has less than 8GB of RAM, forget Flutter.
My brother you nailed it. Many newbies want to go to programming without first consider their machine. Android Studio is always updated so if your Laptop is not up to 16 GIG of RAM you will be frustrated when writing your code. Lagging and too slow
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by Sheriman(m): 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2021
Adeleye1212:

Thank you sir, I will go for kotlin
Do you have any course on kotlin that u can give to me
Visit Google. Google has documentation for it with so many exercise to learn
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by Sheriman(m): 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2021
jackest1:

Even 4GIG ram Laptop can't run Visual Studio. All these Application has been updated to develop modern Applications with a lot of features like Animation, Graphics and OpenGL. All these features will need much RAM to run it successfully
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by numtums(m): 6:23am On Sep 07, 2021
SUPREMOTM:

Prior to the installation, I had to download the highest rated Flutter course on Udemy, about 20GB, but after the sluggishness it plagued my system with, I uninstalled it and lost interest in Android Development.

No, I don't have anything on Kotlin.
Do you still have the video?
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by Imoleholuuu(f): 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2021
jackest1:
Flutter is bae.

Had to get a New PC.
Specs - Core i5, 8GB Ram

Please can you put me through? Do you still have the courses. Pleaseee
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by jackest1(m): 9:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
Imoleholuuu:

Please can you put me through? Do you still have the courses. Pleaseee
Yes i do, pm me
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by Imoleholuuu(f): 11:13pm On Dec 27, 2021
jackest1:

Yes i do, pm me
Done. Please kindly respond to mail. Thank you so much
Re: Which Of Them Is Better To Learn (flutter Or Java) by Sheriman(m): 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
SUPREMOTM:

Flutter is not a programming language, it is an 'sdk' short for 'software development kit'. The programming language used in flutter development is Dart, created by Google.

Nobody should tell you what to learn and neither of them is better than the other, but let me give you a heads up. To create mobile apps with Flutter, you will need to install Android Studio and Android Emulator.

After successfully installing them, my 8GB memory laptop started lagging BADLY taking the fun away from the development process. I checked stackoverflow and I saw it was a universal issue. My point is, for smooth Flutter Development, you need at least 16GB of memory on your system.

Official hardware requirement is "3GB minimum and 8GB recommended memory", but I assure you it's a setup for frustration. If your machine has less than 8GB of RAM, forget Flutter.
Yeah, you're very right. Forget Kotlin too cos Google has upgraded Android Studio now if your laptop is not at least 8 GIG RAM with 250SSD which will still be lagging sometimes just forget about it. But to be on a safer side without any frustration when writing code and have a smooth running of Emulator, I recommend people to get themselves 16GIG RAM laptop with 250 SSD memory. You will enjoying your Android application development in Android Studio.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Transitioned Into Tech. / Am I Nigeria's First Scea ? / Is This The Right Web Development Course For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.