Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero (2048 Views)

Landlord Issues Ex-igp, Okiro Quit Notice. / Ex-police Ig, Okiro, Denies Stealing N275m; Says Own Aide Set Him Up / Ribadu Blasts Ex-igp Okiro, Describes Him As Corrupt,'shameless' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Mamajama(m): 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2007
The acting Inspector General of Police (IGP), Sir Mike Okiro has denied newspaper reports in which he was quoted as threatening to deal with his predecessor, Mr. Sunday Ehindero if indicted by investigations into the N21 million scam currently rocking the Force Headquarters.

Okiro in a statement issued by the Force Public Relations Officer, Haz Iwendi denied mentioning Ehindero’s name during the press conference where he was said to have issued the threat.

The statement reads thus: “The Inspector-General wishes to state categorically that there was no time the IGP mentioned the name of the IGP Ehindero in every material particular throughout his press briefing despite the pressure by the media to the contrary. It is also important to state that IGP Okiro has neither indicted rtd IGP Ehindero of any crime nor alluded to any wrong doing during Ehindero’s tenure.

“IGP Okiro wishes to restate that he has high regard for the person of S. G. Ehindero IGP rtd and he will not be tempted by insinuations from any quarter to detract from this relationship.
The IGP wishes to advise that the present Police administration be allowed to address the problems of the Police without let or hindrance.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2007/june/10/newsbreak%2010-06-2007-001.htm

I am back and strong ready for all you rumor mongers
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by lakeside4love(m): 4:35pm On Jun 10, 2007
Maybe u didnt see my last post yesterday Odeku(Mamajama)

U sure deserve a hot slap

Why r u so confused n lost?Wats the issue here, Is it that the new IG mention or didnt mention the former(thief) IGs name,that matters or the fact that money was stolen n the former IG was involved

Honestly u r wat we call Educated Illiterate, thats if u r educated at all
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Mamajama(m): 4:43pm On Jun 10, 2007
lakeside4love if i am educated illiterate working on my LLB with 2 degrees.  then what do we call people that read a news thread and jump to conclusion?  DUFF-OS.  you can caught this story with A RED HOT KNIFE.  and your dumbass won't have a clue what is going on, BOY I JUST GOT BACK FROM VEGAS, and I'm still hung over with all those Bahama mamas, so go flush your head in the toilet and let me speak to intelligent people.
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by lakeside4love(m): 5:02pm On Jun 10, 2007
I pity ur future
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Mamajama(m): 5:09pm On Jun 10, 2007
DUDE as a system engineer and a future LAWYER making over 6 figures in the state,  my future is set.  I'm going to church to pray for your future. one love
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Quitestorm(m): 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2007
@ mamajama
I thought the sun news paper wasnt a reliable newspaper? why are you now giving us a link to a newspaper you cliam is not reliable
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by chrisokw: 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2007
This foolish guy Majamaja,

If you like posses ten LLBs. Some of us are pursuing PhD programs in contemporary science. There is nothing new in your claim, thus. That Okiro denies threatening thief Ehindero does not make him less a thief. He is one and will remain so all his life. Mad, Mad.
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by McKren(m): 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2007
I dont see how the above title translates into declaring Ehindero innocent.

The IGP is simply being diplomatic and making sure he is not seen as usurping the duties of the court by passing a verdict on a case that is yet to be investigated.
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Mamajama(m): 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2007
chrisokw your dumb ass should know PLAYERS HATER DEGREE does not equals knowledge. put two and two together you can still be as dumb as a box of rocks, this issue is all about the IGPs residence and most of you will see the out come in due times, CP BUDGET was never arrested as proclaim by all this useless press trying to sell paper.
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by MILITIA(f): 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2007
@MAMAJAMA

You are a true Nigerian!  Must you vent at every dissenting member on Nairaland?   Why are you boastful of all the degrees you are YET to collect? grin  Let us concentrate on what you provided please! wink

Things in Nigeria take time to unfold! This is just a piece of information you provided and we are yet to see the results. How many times have we heard reports like this and nothing came out of them! Let us wait and see. No fighting please!
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Mamajama(m): 9:06pm On Jun 10, 2007
MILITIA were you following what led to my response to that fools message? so don't judge me on giving him a dose of his medicine. I was relating to this topic, and he started talking of degree to divert attention from the topic. I only yell back at the kids that just think they can YAB me. lol
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by MILITIA(f): 9:09pm On Jun 10, 2007
@MAMAJAMA
Just cool down!  You too fine for this wahala now! cool I see you dey push ya wheelbarrow for ya profile page! cheesy
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Mamajama(m): 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2007
When we talk of credible source.  Another paper today just published Ehindero was giving $ Billion Naira for election preparation, and insinuate Ehindero only told his officers he was only given 1 Billion.  This is the kind of nonsense that infuriate me, do you think the Federal government gave Ehindero cash or deposit the money into his private account?  Let them investigate the man and tell us and give us reliable information and stop trying to sell paper with all this fake useless propaganda.
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by MILITIA(f): 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2007
@MAMAJAMA
I see you really take these Nigerian journalistic 419ners seriously!  shocked  Please don't!  There is more than meets the eye! cry  They are paid by the highest bidders! tongue I read Nigerian newspapers but for entertainment purposes only! You neva get to the bottom of things in Nigeria. Even true confessions in churches do not count! grin
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by chrisokw: 9:17pm On Jun 10, 2007
Former IG, Ehindero, Faces Questions Over Fraud!
BY Reuters
DATE : Saturday, 09 June 2007
ABUJA, June 9 (Reuters) - Nigeria's former chief of police will face questioning over his alleged role in the attempted theft of 21 million naira ($164,680) in cash from the force headquarters, the police spokesman said on Saturday. Haz Iwendi said two policemen were caught carrying the cash out of the building in the middle of Thursday night. They said they were acting on instructions from a high-ranking policeman, commissioner in charge of budget John Obaniyi.

All three men implicated are now under arrest, Iwendi said. During questioning, Obaniyi said former Inspector General Sunday Ehindero, who retired a week ago, had authorised the withdrawal.
"We need to know if there's any truth in that. He (Ehindero) will definitely have to offer a statement," said Iwendi.
"This was money that belonged to the force and it is clear that it was not being withdrawn in the proper way," he said.
Ehindero was sent into retirement by new President Umaru Yar'Adua in one of the first decisions he took after his inauguration on May 29. Ehindero's replacement, Mike Okiro, has vowed to crack down on corruption in the police.
Nigeria is considered one of the world's most corrupt countries by independent watchdog Transparency International, and many Nigerians see the police as the embodiment of that.
Poorly-paid and ill-trained, Nigerian policemen are better known for mounting illegal roadblocks to extract bribes from motorists than for fighting crime.
They are also infamous for accusing people who refuse to pay of armed robbery and locking them up in dirty, overcrowded police cells where torture is systemic, according to the U.N. Special Rapporteur on Torture who visited Nigeria in March.
While low-ranking policemen are derided for their efforts to obtain small bribes, corruption on a much grander scale has been uncovered among the top brass.
Another former inspector general, Tafa Balogun, was convicted in November 2005 of laundering $150 million and sentenced to six months in jail. The sight of Balogun handcuffed in court when he was charged in April 2005 was a defining image of a much-hyped war on corruption by the government.

However, anti-corruption campaigners said Balogun's jail term was so lenient it undermined the fight against graft.
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Mamajama(m): 9:18pm On Jun 10, 2007
MILITIA   its a personal thing with me when it comes to Nigerian press.  When I came to the state I was using someones paper to work, its done all over.  The guy got in trouble and I was arrested, next thing you know, all Nigerian papers stating son of so was caught in a drug deal without knowing the whole story.  That is why I hate those fuckers, I've never been in trouble and i have a clean record.
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by MILITIA(f): 9:21pm On Jun 10, 2007
There we go!  Now which to believe? sad  The funny thing is the quote of a chicken change N21 million when we do not know the status of the $45-$50 Billion in the so called external reserves!  what a filthy smoke screen! grin
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by MILITIA(f): 9:25pm On Jun 10, 2007
@MAMAJAMA
That is all in the past.  We all know how it is here.  Make you take care not to dey "shiell" our secrets for here oh!  I beg! grin  Everything na for humour now!  The future is bright kiss
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Mamajama(m): 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2007
money is money, I know for a fact if Ehindero will involve himself with this kind stealing, why will he wait till he was out of the Police to steal merely 21 Million. He had funds allocated to police in Billions, so go figure
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Nobody: 4:00am On Jun 11, 2007
lakeside4love if i am educated illiterate working on my LLB with 2 degrees.  then what do we call people that read a news thread and jump to conclusion?  DUFF-OS.  you can caught this story with A RED HOT KNIFE.  and your dumbass won't have a clue what is going on, BOY I JUST GOT BACK FROM VEGAS, and I'm still hung over with all those Bahama mamas, so go flush your head in the toilet and let me speak to intelligent people.

You're working on your LLB with 2 degrees and you write like a retard?. . .So where you come from people 'caught' with a knife and 'laundry' money? Even when you try to insult someone, you can't spell it out properly, it's a doofus, not a duff-os! I think it's safe to conclude that you'll be working on that LLB for a long long time, my grandchildren will probably end up lecturing you on a course or two.

Mamajama is beginning to act like BigB1 nowadays except that BigB1 actually wrote properly!
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by MILITIA(f): 4:27am On Jun 11, 2007
grin grin grin grin! laff wan kill me!
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Biafralord(m): 5:09am On Jun 11, 2007
Donzman, you seem to be calling everyone a retard. You know what they say, retards identify their kinds easily. You peice of shit!!!

Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Iman3(m): 5:17am On Jun 11, 2007
Mamajama working on LLB. . . . .emphasis on the working grin He needs a lot of work
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Nobody: 5:19am On Jun 11, 2007
Biafralord, that flag outshines all of  your posts. If it makes you feel any better, your posts often make me laugh! grin

Back to topic, what will Biafraland do about guys like Ehindero?
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Biafralord(m): 5:32am On Jun 11, 2007
I don't know anything about Ehindero! I only care about Biafran citizens like Onovo Ogbonnaya and Mike Okiro.

Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Nobody: 5:35am On Jun 11, 2007
Lol lol. . .Ok Biafralord!
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Iman3(m): 6:12am On Jun 11, 2007
But it was also learnt that some powerful forces are planning to downplay the issue, warning that the final outcome might go further in denting the image of Nigerian Police Force.
You would think that sweeping this issue under the carpet would dent the image of the NPF most.
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Biafralord(m): 7:22am On Jun 11, 2007
@outlaws

Ganja man! you better stop smoking that stuff in oregon. You know the police arrested your father for rape last week. I'll see you in court
tomorrow. Your mother was also pleading for your father on national television. Your fucking harlot mother should be ashamed for owning prostitutes!!! Fucking minority man!!! Otu Nnegi their!!! bastard!!! She was sentenced 25 years! shame!!!

Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by angel101(f): 10:10am On Jun 11, 2007
Donzman:

You're working on your LLB with 2 degrees and you write like a retard?. . .So where you come from people 'caught' with a knife and 'laundry' money? Even when you try to insult someone, you can't spell it out properly, it's a doofus, not a duff-os! I think it's safe to conclude that you'll be working on that LLB for a long long time, my grandchildren will probably end up lecturing you on a course or two.

Mamajama is beginning to act like BigB1 nowadays except that BigB1 actually wrote properly!

Lol!!! I thot so too
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by McKren(m): 10:20am On Jun 11, 2007
Honestly I remember mamajama crucifying BigB1 for saying IBB should be left alone cause most Nigerians are corrupt.
But from latest developments mamajama has adopted the same gospel.
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by angel101(f): 10:51am On Jun 11, 2007
dont they all
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Afam(m): 10:55am On Jun 11, 2007
McKren:

Honestly I remember mamajama crucifying BigB1 for saying IBB should be left alone cause most Nigerians are corrupt.
But from latest developments mamajama has adopted the same gospel.

Comparing MAMAJAMA to BigB1 is insulting.

BigB1 at least agreed that IBB was corrupt and that he stole money even though he keeps supporting him and he writes well.

On the otherhand in MAMAJAMA we see someone that is ready to dine with the devil if the price is right and yet will have the audacity to talk about making Nigeria a better place.

We need to watch out before he dumps the name MAMAJAMA as he dumped ODEKU and begin to use another name.

That is the problem with Nigeria, people will praise criminals as long as the benefit from them or if they are related.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ohaneze Ndigbo Demands 50% Derivation For Niger Delta / DaLover: 80% Of Nigeria Oil Is Not Produced In OMPADEC(niger delta). / Lagos State: Soon Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children - News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.