Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero (2042 Views)

Landlord Issues Ex-igp, Okiro Quit Notice. / Ex-police Ig, Okiro, Denies Stealing N275m; Says Own Aide Set Him Up / Ribadu Blasts Ex-igp Okiro, Describes Him As Corrupt,'shameless' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by angel101(f): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2007
Afam:

Comparing MAMAJAMA to BigB1 is insulting.

That is the problem with Nigeria, people will praise criminals as long as the benefit from them or if they are related.

This is sooooooooo true
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by feelgood(m): 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2007
Dear mamajama- dont you think you are misreading Okiro? It is too early to celebrate and gloat - it's not over yet. CP Obaniyi was actually detained & investigations are not over yet. Okiro's antecedents show that he is not the regular 'wetin u carry' policeman.
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Mamajama(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2007
feelgood   abeg was OKIRO not part of the system?  how many c contracts did he awarded to relatives and DIG works.  there are too many tentacles to what nonsense this press are printing, I know all this people, and I honestly can not tell you there is a clean slate among them, but what I can tell you for sure is that MR EHINDERO as a lawyer is a very smart man, and you have to know or work with him personally to know of his character.
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by McKren(m): 12:36am On Jun 12, 2007
Mamajama

Only last week you were pouring encomiums on Okiro and why he was a better choice over ONOVO.

Did those his good works you eulogised him with evaporate over the weekend?
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by BUSHFELLOW(m): 6:25am On Jun 12, 2007
MAMAJAMA

When I came to the state I was using someones paper to work, its done all over. The guy got in trouble and I was arrested, next thing you know, all Nigerian papers stating son of so was caught in a drug deal without knowing the whole story. That is why I hate those fuckers, I've never been in trouble and i have a clean record.

DID THE POLICE IN US THREW AWAY THE CASE FILE OR YOUR FATHER BOUGHT IT OVER.PLEASE EXPLAIN BECAUSE TO ME IMPERSONATION IS CRIME. AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN BY SAYING THAT YOU HAVE A CLEAN RECORD AFTER BEING ARRESTED FOR IMPERSONATING

BUT ANYWAY YOU POSTED A LINK FROM THE SUN AND YOU SAID I SHOULD NOT BELIEVE EVERY THING I READ ON THE PAPERS. WHY DID YOU BELIEVE THIS IS IT BECAUSE IT EXONERATED YOUR FATHER. OK WHEN IT POINT ACCUSING FINGER TO YOUR DAD BEING A THIEF WE SHOULD NOT BELIEVE THEM RIGHT THEN WHEN IT POINT TO OTHERS AND SAYS GOOD THING ABOUT YOUR DAD WE SHOULD THEN BELIEVE THEM. NA WAHO YOUR DEGREE AND LLB WHEN YOU DEY GO FOR SUPPOSE THEY GIVE YOU TIME AND SENSE TAKE CHECK YOUR POST
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by chrisokw: 6:42am On Jun 12, 2007
Police seize Ehindero’s passport

Meanwhile, the embattled former inspector-general of police, Mr. Sunday Ehindero, has been barred from any foreign trip, and his international passport has been seized until investigations into the recent fraud linked to him is completed.

The police authorities have also refused to allow the EFCC to investigate Ehindero ostensibly for fear that he could be given a clean bill of heatlh by the commission whose chairman, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, is said to be his close confidante.

Top police sources told our correspondent yesteday in Abuja that the fomer IGP, who has been given a United Nations job, sought to travel to an unnamed foreign nation to spend his terminal leave before taking up his UN job in September.

The source said: "He was refused permission to travel. I believe the presidency wants his successor, Mr. Mike Okiro, to conclude investigations first on the allegations against Ehindero before allowing him to travel. His passport has also been seized. Right now, we don’t know where he is, but he is believed to be in the country."

LEADERSHIP was also told that Ehindero had approached former President Obasanjo for help," but you know Obasanjo. Being an expert in using and dumping people, he was said to have told Ehindero to pray hard, so that God may listen to save him".

The federal government may strip Ehindero of his national honours, Commander of the Federal Republic, CFR, which Obasanjo bestowed on him upon his appointment as IG.

A few days ago, the sum of about N21 million was confiscated from Ehindero’s close aides whose names were given as John Obaniyi, commissioner of police in charge of budget; and Olu Monday, a deputy superintendent of police in Obaniyi’s office.

While Obaniyi participated in yesterday’s Monday parade, Olu Monday was also seen moving freely yesterday at the force headquarters.

Ehindero is billed to answer many questions onhow police allocations under his tenure, the funds released for the payment of estacode and election duties of his men (said to be in billions) were utilised. He was still expecting a three-month extension when Yar’Adua removed him.

http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/product_info.php?products_id=7618
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by stanech: 7:47am On Jun 12, 2007
I still dont know while some folks rely on Nigerian news papers for thier news/,
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Afam(m): 9:01am On Jun 12, 2007
The issue of impersonation is not new to the man MAMAJAMA/ODEKU because even on nairaland he is using different usernames to hide and write nonsense.

Na so hin life be so whether for US ooo or for discussion forum oo na the same thing, impersonation.
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Prince22(m): 1:03am On Jun 16, 2007
Mr Seun Osewa,

Please, as the right owner of this site, i imploy you to threat and if possible cut-off whoever that will not be constructive from this site and allow people to interract with the reasonable ones that has good ideas.

Atleast the SITE is not their normal YAHOO, YAHOO stuff.

Many Regards
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by denex: 2:52am On Jun 16, 2007
I no even know how to take put mouth for this matter sef. So now all in a bid to implicate Ehindero, Obaniyi has now become his aide?
Re: Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero by Mamajama(m): 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2007
Afam you are on BIG slowpoke. SEUN can attest to this why I started using mamajama, BIGB1 and I had some words back in the days that result to SEUN BANNING ODEKU for LIVE

I register with a new name and told everyone I'm back as mamajama. ODEKU has not posted or been used on this forum for over 1 year. so before you open your basket mouth next time check your facts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shame On You - Prof. Ndidi Okereke-onyuike (africans For Obama) / Is This Our President? / Is Becomrich/musiwa/matemate a Normal Person Or Is He Just A Racist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.