Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! (18222 Views)

Photo Of The Day: See What This Kids Are Doing With IPAD / Police Discover 1,333 Live Ammunition In School Playground In Abia State / Muslim Lady Attacked By Fellow Muslims For Supporting Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by estheroye: 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2011
Why are we talking like this, when they say "Lead by example", A president suppose to follow the instruction to shows that He is a man of his words, but a situation where u said don't do this and you that is the leader is doing that thing, then U're not a man of your words.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Eyayomosko: 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2011
this is too bad,i can't believe that this is going on while the common man child isn't going to school.why will i waste my vote foe this kind of person?too bad a bad leader
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by marcus1234: 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2011
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by alagha: 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2011
enyojo:

I'M TIRED OF THESE THINGS.
HOW CAN I BE FORCED TO KEEP MY LITTLE BABY OUT OF SCHOOL FOR HALF OF THE TERM BY A PRESIDENT WHO CLAIMED TO BE FROM A HUMBLE BACKGROUND WHO WORE NO SHOES TO SCHOOL?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by lokya(f): 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2011
This  happens only in naija. ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN THE OTHERS . When will we get Good leadership?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Digriz(m): 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
@poster
Many private schools are in session so stop disturbing urself.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2011
wake up and smell the fresh air, the sweet wind of change from the president who will be different from those before him

as usual, the gej zombies are making excuses about the inability of our cinc to comply with instructions issued by his governemnt

should we expect any better

pretty soon these nitwits will give us a variant of the gowon response

the education of the common nigerian kids is not worth the education of the uncommon nigerian kids tongue
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by beey2(m): 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2011
It has been reported that the ministry task force are out enforcing the closure order and offenders are being fined N50,000 - N150,000 (either private or religious)
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2011
^^^ if this is true, then this is good.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by fstranger1: 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2011
^^^^

How is that good?

Must you always shift the goal post when arguing?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by hadewussy: 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2011
cn u blame demmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tongue
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by jonuel: 4:54pm On Jan 18, 2011
all this while they have been in school, wat difference has it made; they still come out with poor result.If the kids are hurt in the process people will complain that the govt doesnt care. GEJ's children are in American International School, people are complaining but  they want the private schools  be allowed to operate. Is it those in public schools that dont need the education? No matter wat u du , u can never satisfy man.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by totorimi: 5:34pm On Jan 18, 2011
But when this people that call them selves leaders make policies do they look at us and them. Do they see the rest of us as some people you can give any sht and they will take it. How does GEJ feel keeping Nigerian children at home while his own children are enjoying uninterrupted education. God dey o
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by maclatunji: 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2011
I must first (as a writer) applaud the great journalistic work of Next for bringing out this fantastic story, it's a knockout. It shows what we are suffering from in this country. Let me help the Goodluck Jonathan supporters here (remember to come and give me SPECIAL THANKS). Here it is:

The school in question is owned by the American Government and is an extension of the American Embassy in Nigeria (and as such is seen as American territory). Therefore, pronouncements made by the Nigerian Government and people do not affect it or its academic calendar.

It is with a deep sense of regret that whatever Nigerian big-man's children that attend the school do so during the voter registration exercise as they are under American jurisdiction and cannot afford to miss classes which will not be rescheduled as is the case with their counterparts in public and Nigerian-owned private schools.

Let me assure you that the Federal Government of Nigeria can be trusted to respect the Nigerian constitution as well as International law as at when due.

P.S: I am not a spokesman for the Nigerian Government/American Government, I am just giving a logical response to this story which President Jonathan's supporters have failed to do. (Walks away from computer and goes home to eat something having been hungry for about 5 hours).
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by beey2(m): 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2011
D bottom line is dt d whole process is not well planned thereby causing all mentionable absordities & errors, however we shld b patient and understand our situation better, Security is a big ISSUE here.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by AlhajiNonsoUmeh: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2011
hmmmmmmmmmm very funny, wat happened to GOD sent? the an of the people indeed. only GOD knows if he is what nigeria is looking for, as for those at home take heart if to say una popsi hustle like am tins for dey different lol una want presidential treatment.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by obowunmi(m): 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2011
I hope boko horam bombs that school and blows each and everyone of them into pieces --- those poo fccuks.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by mrperfect(m): 6:03pm On Jan 18, 2011
This is an interesting post.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2011
PLS

Why are the children of NIGERIAN president in AMERICAN International School?

What does that tell us about the kind of president we have?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Osama10(m): 6:49pm On Jan 18, 2011
I think our leaders should lead by example, injustice to one is an injustice to all. sad
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Dede1(m): 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
@Post

Anybody who expected GEJ to obey any ordinance in Nigeria is an irredeemable fool.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by ekubear1: 7:35pm On Jan 18, 2011
dayokanu:

PLS

Why are the children of NIGERIAN president in AMERICAN International School?

What does that tell us about the kind of president we have?

I don't think it is owned by the American gov't or anything, just one of the best schools in Nigeria. Pretty expensive though.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2011
eku_bear:

I don't think it is owned by the American gov't or anything, just one of the best schools in Nigeria. Pretty expensive though.

Whats with the American in it? Teaching them American Curriculum? Means that the President doesnt believe in the educational system of the country he governs.

I would have expected them to attend one of the Federal Govt Colleges
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by ekubear1: 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
dayokanu:

Whats with the American in it? Teaching them American Curriculum? Means that the President doesnt believe in the educational system of the country he governs.

I would have expected them to attend one of the Federal Govt Colleges

Heh. I'm not trying to defend GEJ, but when I have kids, if I live in Abuja I'll send my kids to the same school. Education of your children is not something to play around with. . . if you can afford it, you send 'em to the best.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by fstranger1: 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
The American International School Of Lagos (AISL) is a private, coeducational school, which offers an American educational program for students of all nationalities in grades Pre-K through 12th grade. The school was founded in 1964 and continues to thrive as an independent U.S. State Department school supported, in part, by a school-to-school partnership with Tacoma Public Schools in Tacoma, Washington and the Klein Independent School District in Houston, Texas. The August to June school year is divided into trimesters, for the elementary students, and semesters for the secondary students. AISL is an IBO World School.

Organization: A 9-member Board of Directors governs AISL. The American International School of Lagos Association elects eight of the Directors for a three (3) year term. Members of the Association are parents and/or guardians of children enrolled in the school. The ninth seat is reserved for an appointee of U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by fstranger1: 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2011
eku_bear:

Heh. I'm not trying to defend GEJ, but when I have kids, if I live in Abuja I'll send my kids to the same school. Education of your children is not something to play around with. . . if you can afford it, you send 'em to the best.

You can afford to that as a private citizen

But as a public officer, it doesnt look good!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by ekubear1: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2011
@fstranger1: I agree, the optics are terrible.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by fstranger1: 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2011
Finances: In the 2010-2011 school year, about 95% of the Schools income will derive form tuition fees. Annual tuition rates are as follows: Pre-K: $12,000; K - Grade 5: $14,300; MS (Grades 6-cool : $18,520; HS (Grades 9-12): $22,240. In addition, there is a non-refundable application fee of $500 and any student attending AISL for the first time will pay a registration fee of $10,000. There is also a $2,000 Annual Capital Levy Fee. (All fees are quoted in U.S. dollars

How much does GEJ make a year?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by ekubear1: 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2011
fstranger1:

Finances: In the 2010-2011 school year, about 95% of the Schools income will derive form tuition fees. Annual tuition rates are as follows: Pre-K: $12,000; K - Grade 5: $14,300; MS (Grades 6-cool : $18,520; HS (Grades 9-12): $22,240. In addition, there is a non-refundable application fee of $500 and any student attending AISL for the first time will pay a registration fee of $10,000. There is also a $2,000 Annual Capital Levy Fee. (All fees are quoted in U.S. dollars

How much does GEJ make a year?

GEJ's likely response to your question: http://designsbestfriend.com/thedisposition/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/imrich.jpg
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by 190: 9:23pm On Jan 18, 2011
LeoMax:

These half educated Nairalanders are full of trouble: Its not Jonathan that ordered school to close, INEC submitted a special request to the Ministry of Education to allow them use the space and the Ministry obliged. Besides, this is a National Exercise.

In some places, polling stations are located in open spaces and under trees. What if the particular school you are mentioning has a proximity to a public arena which INEC ad hoc staff could use instead of disrupting the school sessions ?

What you myopians should do is institute a case against INEC and table your dissatisfaction than stop blaming Oga Jona, if the school is not in session, his kids will very well be at Aso Rock, they are number 1 family for God's sake, Abi make the man carry in children go abroad where other presidents' kids usuall school ?

Each of you should ask yourself, if I am a president, will my kids stay in Nigeria ? and the in the dead public schools which iare not my making ?

Only this post makes complete sense here

all others are riff rats~ undecided
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by obowunmi(m): 9:32pm On Jan 18, 2011
at LeoMax, you are not intellectually equipped --- Most president's children don't send their children aborad ? Most president's children go to the best school within their respective country ---- where does Obama's children go to school ? In America. Where does the President of China's children go to school in China.

So, hush it.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by rasputinn(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2011
[size=14pt]So what if his children are in school
Are his the only children in school in Nigeria presently?So many private schools opted to not send their students home,even in Ogun state for one,Gbenga Daniel asked all schools not to close so kini big deal angry angry angry

Next item please
[/size]

Igbo Leaders Seek Ambode’s Cooperation / Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy / AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51