Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! (18229 Views)

Photo Of The Day: See What This Kids Are Doing With IPAD / Police Discover 1,333 Live Ammunition In School Playground In Abia State / Muslim Lady Attacked By Fellow Muslims For Supporting Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by chines4(m): 2:17pm On Jan 19, 2011
Why is it that everything Nigerians will complain. The FG explained their reasons and I quite agree with them. Now that bad loser in politice are renting crowd to make noise. Who know they may even start kidnapping school children. One month holiday will not kill them. Beside University students in the South East are still at home, Is that Inec registration excise
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by alagha: 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2011
angrygood!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by tuumush: 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2011
I really think it is in the interest of pupils and of course there loving parents that they remain at home during this period going by the history of political events in this country that is not helped by rampant kidnappings and other vices. The safety of our children in our schools is much more important than whatever they'd learn in two or three weeks.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by solajacobs(m): 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2011
solajacobs:

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:

I WAS ATTACKED FEW DAYS TO FASHOLA ELECTION AS A GOVERNOR.
AN HOLIDAY WAS ANNOUNCED BY OBASANJO GOVERNMENT THEN
BUT MY BOSS SAID THE ANNOUNCEMENT WAS OF NO EFFECT ON HIS COMPANY,
ON MY WAY FROM THE OFFICE ON THE SAID DAY, THUGS ATTACKED MANY PEOPLE
UNDER THE BRIDGE IN FRONT OF NATIONAL STADIUM AND I WAS UNLUCKY TO BE PART OF THEM.
I REGRET EVER GOING TO WORK ON THAT DAY.
CHECK THIS LINK FOR CONFIRMATION.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-50148.0.html

a word is enough for the wise.
May god continue to protect our children.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Tope4all(m): 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2011
Even if the school is operating an American calender, they still should have respected our country's order in the first place. This cant be the case anywhere. It shows that the school have no respect for the government of GEJ.
And even if GEJ kids are in SS3 as claimed by some people, that should not have meant that the school should be in full session.
GEJ should have done well if he had, through appropriate authorites called the school to order. But he would do none of such.
What does he do when some people were driving the country towards anarchy by their bombing here and there, kidnapping etc? I like him, but he is too passive.
On Sept 19th 2001, President Bush delivered to Americans one of the greatest speeches in history in times of calamity - 'Freedom Is Under Attack', But not our GEJ.
Let's hope all goes very well for our dear country and the sincere efforts of our past heros shall not be in vain.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by AFOOooo(m): 4:39pm On Jan 19, 2011
No matter what system that school runs, no matter the calibre of people who attend or send their kids to the school; it is completly unacceptable for this school to run. I have said it without confusion that THIS GOODLUCK YOU ALL WANT TO DIE FOR MIGHT NOT BE A BAD PERSON BUT HE SURELY DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING. He has no plan, he''s got none.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by obowunmi(m): 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2011
^^^^ Goodluck is the worst of the worstest options that Nigerians have. ---- we have to just manage him. undecided
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by abdulizom(m): 5:44pm On Jan 19, 2011
ENYOJO, ALWAYS GET YOURSELF INFORMED BEFORE POSTING. GEJ HAS ONLY ONE SON, WHICH HE GOT WHEN HE WAS BAYELSA STATE DEPUTY GOVERNMENT, BY ANOTHER WOMAN, NOT DIME.
THE WOMAN LIVES IN AMERICA WITH THE BABY SINCE THEN, SO ISSUE OF KIDS BY GEJ SHOULD BE CANCELLED.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by enyojo(f): 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2011
THANKS HOUSE FOR ALL THE HARVESTS OF RESPONSES.
BE THEY SWEET, BITTER AND SOUR.

I HAVE A BABY GIRL WHO IS EXPECTED TO RESUME.
abdul izom:

ENYOJO, ALWAYS GET YOURSELF INFORMED BEFORE POSTING. GEJ HAS ONLY ONE SON, WHICH HE GOT WHEN HE WAS BAYELSA STATE DEPUTY GOVERNMENT, BY ANOTHER WOMAN, NOT DIME.
THE WOMAN LIVES IN AMERICA WITH THE BABY SINCE THEN, SO ISSUE OF KIDS BY GEJ SHOULD BE CANCELLED.
LIES
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by whatalife: 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2011
Is all lies, the president himself just denounce the rumour on the network news now .
Next news is filled with lies, all lies,
Give this man (GEJ) time to concentrate on his work.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Koikoi(m): 11:46pm On Jan 19, 2011
absurd, just absurd angry cry cry. History will judge this hypicrisy
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by rasputinn(m): 3:27am On Jan 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

uumm. . . . . I am not certain if you have yourself been following at all, but this particular thread is not about all the other schools that are open, of which many have complained outright on OTHER THREADS and I believe some have informed us that the government has a task force out there to enforce the ordinance now. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Of course I'm following,or what other kind of following do you speak of,are you twitter
My point is;why make such a fuss about GEJ's children school being open like there's proof he gave such order or influenced the decision in anyway.I still make reference to the Ogun state example,my own children are at home,but I aint beefing nobody.We all should be prepared to make whatever sacrifice necessary to move our democratic process forward without making such huge mountains out mole hills of whether a few schools are still in session just fo the convenient coincidental reason the president's children happen to school there

BTW heard the president has debunked the story as completely false.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by rasputinn(m): 4:11am On Jan 20, 2011
@ Junkie

Here's a link where the President cleared the air that his children ARE NOT in school

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201101202422596
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by jonuel: 11:19am On Jan 20, 2011
All of una wey dey carry rumour 2 incite mud-slinging, i hope u are now satisfied as Ima Niboro has com out 2 clear d dust?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2011
rasputinn:

@ Junkie

Here's a link where the President cleared the air that his children ARE NOT in school

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201101202422596

of course they are not ins school, because the school has now been closed

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5664643-146/american_international_school_sends_pupils_home.csp

American International School sends pupils home

By Ngozi Sams, Ifedayo Adebayo and Adeola Adeyemo

January 20, 2011 03:32AM
Print print Email email Share Share

The American International School, Abuja, has suspended all academic activities till further notice. This follows our exclusive story on Tuesday that the school was flouting a federal government directive that all private and public schools across the country remain shut for the period of the voter registration exercise.

In the story, NEXT noted that, "Although President Goodluck Jonathan's administration has kept millions of children at home to allow for voter registration in schools, the president's two children and those of other affluent citizens are attending school uninterrupted. The elite school these children attend, the American International School, Abuja, is in full session."

A volte face

The school's website finally announced the closure of the school yesterday in a message posted by Amy Uzoewulu, the director: "In compliance with the Nigerian Government's directive, AISA will reopen for preschool through Grade 8 on Tuesday, February 1, 2011."

A visit to the premises of the school yesterday found the place devoid of activities and under lock and key, guarded by a few security men at the gate.

A notice, boldly written on a yellow cardboard, in red and black ink, declared: ‘School is closed.' The reason for the closure was not stated, neither was the notice signed. The date of resumption was also not specified.

When our reporter spoke to an expatriate teacher in the primary section of the school on why the management had to close the school which opened for normal academic session on Monday, she replied: "Go and read NEXT newspaper of yesterday (Tuesday edition) and you will know why we have to close."

She also said she wasn't sure whether there was a new directive from the federal government directing the school to close down.

Our investigations showed that the school was under pressure to close as a fallout of the NEXT publication (of Tuesday, January 18). The school was besieged by journalists from both the electronic and print media, who queried the school authority for remaining open when other schools were closed.

"There was serious problem here yesterday. TV people and some journalists came here to ask why the school is open. The management had to close the school yesterday afternoon," another source who pleaded anonymity said.

Not the president's children

However, the presidency has denied that the president's children were in school.

A statement by Ima Niboro, the presidential spokesman, yesterday said, "This is to correct reports in the media that President Goodluck Jonathan's children are currently attending school in disregard of the request by the Federal Ministry of Education and INEC that primary and secondary schools in the country should remain closed. This is false.

"The truth is that the president's children have not resumed school this year in compliance with the Federal Ministry of Education's directive. This fact can be easily verified," he said.

Mr. Niboro added that the president "is fully conscious of his duty and obligation to give exemplary leadership to the nation and he will always live up to this great responsibility."

Lagos schools reopen

In the meantime, some private schools in Lagos, under the membership of the Association of Private Educators in Nigeria (APEN), have reopened for Second Term. While some started classes on Monday, others resumed yesterday.

Femi Ogunsanya, chairperson of the association, confirmed this but refused to disclose the terms surrounding the decision of the schools to reopen.

The association had earlier called on the federal government to reverse the directive closing the schools. One of the schools, Chrisland Schools, sent a text message to parents confirming the reopening on Tuesday.

It read, ‘Dear Parents, we are glad to inform you that we are now resuming on Wednesday, 19th January. This came as a result of APEN's negotiations with government.'

Other member schools of APEN which have reopened to students since Monday include Oxbridge Tutorial College, GRA, Ikeja; Grange School, GRA Ikeja; Vivian Fowler Memorial College, Ikeja; Corona Schools, Lagos.

Mrs. Ogunsanya declined to make any formal statement on the schools' reopening until after some deliberations. "Please give us a few days and then we would make a formal statement to the press," she said.

Georgina Azike, head teacher, Chrisland School, Opebi, Ikeja, explained that the directive to reopen came from the managing director of the school after a meeting between delegates of the association and the Ministry of Education.

"They sent delegates to the government and received directive from the government to reopen," she said.

The spokesperson for the federal ministry of education, Abuja, Peter Obidiegwu, in a telephone interview, said that he didn't know of such a directive and could not confirm the position of the ministry without making further investigations.

A visit to some private schools which are not members of the association showed they have no plans to reopen before the date announced by the government. For instance, the principals of Tender Hearts Children School, Ikeja, and Bright Future Academy, Gbagada, said they knew nothing about the directive and their schools will remain closed.

Kenneth Gbagi, minister of state for education had on January 6 briefed journalists on the closure, stating that the directive applies to public and private schools in the country following a request by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

According to him, "we have directed all schools within the country, both private and public, to remain closed. Resumption date will now be on February 2011."

the other article

President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday said he did not defy the Federal Government’s postponement of the resumption of primary and secondary schools from January 10 to January 30.

He was reacting to reports that his children had been attending classes at the American International School, Abuja, in defiance of government’s directive. Government had shifted the resumption of schools on the grounds that the Independent National Electoral Commission would use some public schools for the voter registration.

The news of Jonathan’s alleged defiance of the directive caused an uproar, with many parents and school proprietors asking why government failed to shut the AIS.

However, the President in a statement by his spokesman, Mr. Ima Niboro, titled, ‘President Jonathan’s children not in school,’ reads, “This is to correct reports in the media that President Goodluck Jonathan’s children are currently attending school in disregard of the request by the Federal Ministry of Education and INEC that primary and secondary schools in the country should remain closed.

weasly cunny cunny lies from our CinC.

closing the school was the right thing, but these slanted lies are just lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by ifyalways(f): 11:54am On Jan 20, 2011
oyb:

of course they are not ins school, because the school has now been closed

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5664643-146/american_international_school_sends_pupils_home.csp

the other article

weasly cunny cunny lies from our CinC.

closing the school was the right thing, but these slanted  lies are just  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
. . .Atleast our rants worked.  cheesy
Truth be told though,many private schools are in session using different guises;some claim its extra classes,some the students attend with mufti as against school uniform.
Naija !
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by alisigwe(m): 11:58am On Jan 20, 2011
Whats all dis fuss about?my school here in enugu didn't even mention anything about the break.everything is going on like it used to.so why picking out on dis particular school.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Meldrick(m): 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2011
Lie Lie website 234next. full of fake stories. 234 and sahara only report lies.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by favouredjb(f): 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2011
I dont know why you are all sur[prised that his children attend one of the best schools in the country
but then,they should have stayed at home too,he should lead by example
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by joyblinks(f): 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2011
@Poster

check this link also.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-589398.0.html

make research before you conclude.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Kings55: 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2011
Please my one and only Presido do something about it, let our children resume for school? Thanks
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Fidelo726: 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2011
Jonathan’s children not in school –Presidency
From JULIANA TAIWO, Abuja
Thursday, January 20, 2011

• Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
The Presidency has denied reports that President Goodluck Jonathan’s children are in school despite Federal Government’s directive that schools remain closed during of the ongoing voters’ registration.

In a statement signed by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Ima Niboro, the presidency urged the public to disregard publications stating the otherwise.
According to the statement, “This is to correct reports in the media that President Goodluck Jonathan’s children are currently attending school in disregard of the request by the Federal Ministry of Education and INEC that primary and secondary schools in the country should remain closed.

“The truth is that the president’s children have not resumed school this year in compliance with the Federal Ministry of Education’s directive. This fact can be easily verified. “President Jonathan is fully conscious of his duty and obligation to give exemplary leadership to the nation and he will always live up to this great responsibility,” the statement concluded.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by luqken: 4:49pm On Jan 20, 2011
I pray to GOD to give us long life so we will us see in the next 3yrs what "Change or Fresh Air" GEJ administration would have brought to us.I bet with my life it will be Business as Usual if not worse, God Forbid my Pessimism! but that's the bitter true in as much as we all blind our eyes to believe this PDP government is going to bring the change we all pray for.There is nothing wrong in supporting GEJ but i think we should all(progressives) do it objectively and pragmatically and providence will judge us all if we cant just try to force a positive change in Nigeria.Tribalism,Ethnocentrism and religious sentimentalism will not help us get that change except if we are all decieving ourselves so we shld not just complain if things didnt change come next 2-3 yrs or may be we will by then start campaigning for his second(and half)term for him to actualise all the programmes in the pipeline.GOD will always gives a nation a LEADER based on its non objective people(like some of us).
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by dozie76(m): 6:36pm On Jan 20, 2011
luqken:

I pray to GOD to give us long life so we will us see in the next 3yrs what "Change or Fresh Air" GEJ administration would have brought to us.I bet with my life it will be Business as Usual if not worse, God Forbid my Pessimism! but that's the bitter true in as much as we all blind our eyes to believe this PDP government is going to bring the change we all pray for.There is nothing wrong in supporting GEJ but i think we should all(progressives) do it objectively and pragmatically and providence will judge us all if we cant just try to force a positive change in Nigeria.Tribalism,Ethnocentrism and religious sentimentalism will not help us get that change except if we are all deceiving ourselves so we shld not just complain if things didnt change come next 2-3 yrs or may be we will by then start campaigning for his second(and half)term for him to actualise all the programmes in the pipeline.GOD will always gives a nation a LEADER based on its non objective people(like some of us).
Please lets learn to be polite and stop speaking evil about people.Initially this story was not confirmed before its first post.
Secondly it is so unfair for some one like Luqken to dish out such words like "it will be Business as Usual if not worse" too bad my brother.
Change your perception about Gej and lets say things that are worthy of emulation,words that will edify the hearers
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by tlops(m): 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2011
he said his children are home
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by otokx(m): 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2011
so dem say d bobo no get pikin 4 school yet after d school come close.

NEXT newspapers i greet u, una do well open fowl yansh. Make una carry go.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by hubreality(m): 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2011
tlops:

he said his children are home

Gbam! I don't know how and where the media got that information. These are the words of Mr. President on his Facebook wall:

"Fellow Nigerians, I know the voter registration exercise has been challenging, but since nothing good comes easy, I urge you all to endure till you are registered. I also appeal for patience from parents of pupils at home due to the school closure arising from the incidence. Also, contrary to media reports my own children who all school in Nigeria are at home like other Nigerian children. GEJ"

Source: http://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/posts/186191531400244
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by seunKelz: 9:51pm On Jan 23, 2011
Is it only Goodluck's Kid that are in school, even in Lagos Private schools did not keep to that rule, why are we now talking as if because his children are in school everyone should protest. Remove the speck in your eyes before u help another, Private schools nationwide did not adhere to that order, and it is not like private schools had a recourse after hearing the Presidents children were in school. There is a problem with the system, but pointing our fingers at Him like he ordered the school to be in session. Nigerians, let us learn to constructive in our criticism Please. If you want to say anything it should be that both Private and Public schools should be treated equally, than we have a point, until then rest your case.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by marcus1234: 9:57pm On Jan 23, 2011
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by mabell: 5:30pm On Jan 24, 2011
Nigerians should be more concerned about the welfare of their children and not about the right or wrong of mr presidient
At such a time like this with so much kidnapping and loss of lives, our children are better off at home.
It's better we see them with our eyes during this period than for them to go to schools and then we watch from outside our windows with our hearts in our mouth.
Biko let Goodluck be!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by ajogbemi: 10:03am On Jan 25, 2011
grin, no body shld expect anythg less than this,if u re priviledge to have what GEJ has, u may even do worse. at least his two kids are in Nig,not outside the country, n there is every of violence as reported in some states which,can never be as a result of tight securities in that sch.I think its the best option for the safety of Nig children to keep them at home at thios time. No price is too much to be paid for thier future to be better than ours. this i s the time to pay the price. Joseph n heavily pregnant Mary travelled 8 miles to register n on the way, Jesus the saviour of the world was given birth to in a Manger. Our children are still in the custody of our homes. Hurting but,think its the best option for now. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Leads As States’ Mid-Year IGR Hits ₦849.12 Billion / Photos Of Aisha Buhari And Turkey's First Lady Commissioning An Orphanage / Share Recovered Loot Among 36 States‎ – PDP Chieftain Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.