Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! (18220 Views)

Photo Of The Day: See What This Kids Are Doing With IPAD / Police Discover 1,333 Live Ammunition In School Playground In Abia State / Muslim Lady Attacked By Fellow Muslims For Supporting Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Righton: 9:54pm On Jan 18, 2011
"Let the word go out from here that I will be for the students, teachers and parents of Nigeria, a President who will advance quality and competitive education

In my early days in school, I had no shoes, no school bags. I carried my books in my hands

Fellow Nigerians, if I could make it, you too can make it.
"

Declaration by Jonathan

Looks like, according to posters here, going to school in Otuoke will no longer cut it. Make I quickly get my own madam to steal $13.5million
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Righton: 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2011
"We will fight for justice
"Let all the kidnappers, criminal elements, and miscreants that give us a bad name be ready for the fight that I shall give them. we will fight to protect all citizens. We will fight for your rights.
"

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5663479-146/police_withdraw_murder_charges_against_folarin.csp

Police withdraw murder charges against Folarin

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10085:folarin-discharged-by-court-flown-to-pdp-convention&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

Folarin discharged by court, flown to PDP convention
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Righton: 10:29pm On Jan 18, 2011
Oyo threatens to withdraw licences of schools flouting FG’s order
http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73522:-oyo-threatens-to-withdraw-licences-of-schools-flouting-fgs-order-&catid=43:news&Itemid=799

WORRIED by the non-compliance of some private schools in Oyo State with the order that all schools (public and private inclusive) be shut, until after the completion of the on-going two weeks voter registration, the state government yesterday read riot act to the owners of such schools.

The Oyo State Commissioner for Education, Dr. Nureni Aderemi Adeniran, who condemned what he called the unwholesome act of some proprietors of private schools in Oyo State flouting the directive of the Federal Government by asking pupils to wear multi-colour dresses to attend lessons in their schools, threatened to withdraw operational licences of such schools

http://www.nigeriannewsservice.com/nns-news-archive/news-blocks/voter-registration-why-we-shut-public-private-schools-fg

Voter registration: Why we shut public, private schools -FG

At a joint press conference in Abuja, on Monday, by the Minister of State for Education, Mr Kenneth Gbagi, and the chairman of INEC, Professor Attahiru Jega, the Federal Government explained that over 70 per cent of the schools would be used for the exercise, which would involve thousands of people going to the premises of the schools and, as such, it would be a security risk to allow the pupils and the students to be around during the period.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by sulakishop(m): 11:13pm On Jan 18, 2011
Father on facebook, children in school while poor man's pikin dey house,

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by cjfavour(m): 12:07am On Jan 19, 2011
IS THIS NOT A MAN WHO IS GOING AROUND PROMOTING EDUCATION? WHY WILL HE BE DESTROYING IT?EDUCATIONAL STANDARD IN NIGERIA IS AT ITS LOWEST EBB AND SOMEBODY HAS SHUT DOWN THE SCHOOLS WITHOUT THINKING.JUST BECAUSE OF ELECTION. WHY DON'T HE STRENGHEN THE POLICE  AND OTHER SECURITY OPERATIVES SO THAT THEY CAN BE STRONG?
WHY ALLOW HIS CHILDREN TO BE GOING TO SCHOOL WHEN OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN ARE AT HOME? IS THIS NOT A CASE OF ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS? IF HE CAN POVIDE A WATER TIGHT SECURITY TO HIS CHILDREN'S SCHOOL WHY CAN'T HE PROVIDE SAME TO OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN'S SCHOOL?
WHO WILL SAVE US IN THIS ANIMAL FARM SORRY NIGERIA?
BUHARI WHY DON'T YOU MERGE WITH OTHER PARTIES AND SAVE NIGERIA FROM THIS MESS?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Empiror: 12:12am On Jan 19, 2011
Are his kids in Nigeria? I doubt.
My President is not politically incline!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by johndoe200: 12:14am On Jan 19, 2011
cjfavour:

WHY ALLOW HIS CHILDREN TO BE GOING TO SCHOOL WHEN OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN ARE AT HOME? IS THIS NOT A CASE OF ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS?

Since when were all people equal in Nigeria, even in your culture are all people equal? My friend stop complaining and go and work so that you to can be among those who are more equal.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 19, 2011
johndoe200:

Since when were all people equal in Nigeria, even in your culture are all people equal? My friend stop complaining and go and work so that you to can be among those who are more equal.

yay! the rest of us should join your hard working heroes in robbing nigeria dry o we can be more equal

seriously, is supporting gej synonymous with a complete absence of gray matter?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by johndoe200: 12:26am On Jan 19, 2011
oyb:

yay! the rest of us should join your hard working heroes in robbing nigeria dry o we can be more equal

seriously, is supporting gej synonymous with a complete absence of gray matter?

Well as you are obviously unemployable, you would assume that the only way to "work" is to steal. Pity.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by koolkalm(m): 12:48am On Jan 19, 2011
MeGaStReEt

I reject poverty in Jesus name

That is the right answer to the post above, with money you can do all things and all things will fall into place.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by dayokanu(m): 1:14am On Jan 19, 2011
I thought GEJ campaigned that he was just an ordinary Nigerian like everyone of us.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by lastpage: 1:21am On Jan 19, 2011
We Nigerians, we like to cry and strut and roll on the floor!

Why should anyone expect "American International School to [b]respect our Government's directive[/b]?
JUST GIVE ME ONE REASON======JUST ONE IS ENOUGH (apart from that silly one: its government directive  grin )

When you dont RESPECT YOURSELF, how do you expect these foreign scumbags to respect you?
They just "size-you-up" and say "WETIN GO HAPPEN, ABEEGI". wink wink

These foreigners know we dont have a government (or a disrespectful one) and they will disobey any "pretense to power" with impunity!
Wetin go happen? tell me and lets wait and see!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by fstranger1: 1:25am On Jan 19, 2011
lastpage:

We Nigerians, we like to cry and strut and roll on the floor!

Why should anyone expect "American International School to [b]respect our Government's directive[/b]?
JUST GIVE ME ONE REASON======JUST ONE IS ENOUGH (apart from that silly one: its government directive  grin )

When you dont RESPECT YOURSELF, how do you expect these foreign scumbags to respect you?
They just "size-you-up" and say "WETIN GO HAPPEN, ABEEGI". wink wink

These foreigners know we dont have a government (or a disrespectful one) and they will disobey any "pretense to power" with impunity!
Wetin go happen? tell me and lets wait and see!

You are a real mumu

1) The American school is owned by Nigerians who prefer American style education to the Nigeria's

2) The school is on Nigerian soil, not in the embassy, bot on Nigerian soil. On a land meant/reserved for a 'model' secondary school
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by oge4real(f): 3:44am On Jan 19, 2011
And whats the news about it?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by fstranger1: 4:28am On Jan 19, 2011
oge4real:

Dont you have a brain?

How would you like it to be sent to war by your commander-in-chief, only to realize that he is the one arming the people you were sent to engage?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by profdee(m): 5:07am On Jan 19, 2011
It won't have bothered me If the registration exercise is going on as planned and smoothly but did u notice the slow pace.
In my area 3 people register in 12hours even at a time the corpers had to complain of low battery and wait for electricity to charge the machine before they can continue. With the situation of things their's no posibility that it will not be extended. So when are the student going to resume. May be stay at home till after election.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Righton: 5:31am On Jan 19, 2011
koolkalm:

MeGaStReEt

I reject poverty in Jesus name

That is the right answer to the post above, with money you can do all things and all things will fall into place.

Did Jesus put money everything else?
Was Jesus richer than the average person; And there is poverty of values, integrity which afflict Jonathan
You had better not commit blasphemy because of Jonathan

And this is fallacy of composition
If we all became rich and have kids in BIS, AIS etc, which schools will serve as reg centres

BTW Oyo state threatened to SHUT SCHOOLS shut were opening surreptitiously
Oyo threatens to withdraw licences of schools flouting FG’s order
http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73522:-oyo-threatens-to-withdraw-licences-of-schools-flouting-fgs-order-&catid=43:news&Itemid=799
So it is not just a matter of money
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Righton: 5:35am On Jan 19, 2011
oge4real:

Be real
Jonathan's children are in school while some schools that are sure of security and are ready to open are being threatened by governments under a  president who said

"In my early days in school, I had no shoes, no school bags. I carried my books in my hands"
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by rasputinn(m): 8:21am On Jan 19, 2011
dayokanu:

I thought GEJ campaigned that he was just an ordinary Nigerian like everyone of us.

And he has demonstrated it by making his children school in Nigeria
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by rasputinn(m): 8:26am On Jan 19, 2011
[size=14pt]PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT[/size]

Both the children of the rich and poor are in school in Ogun state,while Lagos,Edo,Delta etc schools are shut

Why are nairalanders not making a fuss about this undecided undecided,like it means anything,if the state govt or school authorities decide to remain open or shut,how is that GEJ's problem,y'all should stop bitching and murmuring already,or is it just an avenue to vent accumulated personal frustration
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Xfactoria: 9:23am On Jan 19, 2011
You are all complaining because GEJ's children are schooling in Nigeria. Nobody would have said anything if those kids are schooling abroad. I think the guy has tried enough to make his kids school here.

That said, the environment at American International School Abuja cannot be compared to some other schools in the country. The security there is superb and not like what is obtainable in some other schools.

Whoever is not satisfied, should disobey the order, send their children to school and face the consequence. BTW, aren't the children happy that they aint in school? lol! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Kobojunkie: 10:01am On Jan 19, 2011
X-factoria:

You are all complaining because GEJ's children are schooling in Nigeria. Nobody would have said anything if those kids are schooling abroad. I think the guy has tried enough to make his kids school here.
That is bull!! That his kids are schooling in Nigeria is not reason why they ought to get a pass on a ordinance ordered by their own father.

X-factoria:
That said, the environment at American International School Abuja cannot be compared to some other schools in the country. The security there is superb and not like what is obtainable in some other schools.
And we need to know this why? This changes things how?

X-factoria:

Whoever is not satisfied, should disobey the order, send their children to school and face the consequence. BTW, aren't the children happy that they aint in school? lol! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Are you serious? This is what you have to say on this? I have to say if you are being paid to blow this up our butt, you ought to be fired -- you are @Johndoe. lol
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Kobojunkie: 10:04am On Jan 19, 2011
dayokanu:

Ofcourse, but his stooges here do not seem to understand that by claiming the school his kids attend is under American jurisdiction, they call their boss a Liar and a hypocrite since on his facebook, Jonathan proclaims himself a SAINT for keeping his kids in Nigeria when in fact the school is supposedly a foreign controlled entity, run not according to the nigerian system but a foreign system. grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by san26dy(f): 10:05am On Jan 19, 2011
Nigeria is very polarized.  God help us.  If not strike na election.  when will the students get the quality edcation they need?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Kobojunkie: 10:07am On Jan 19, 2011
rasputinn:

[size=14pt]PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT[/size]

Both the children of the rich and poor are in school in Ogun state,while Lagos,Edo,Delta etc schools are shut

Why are nairalanders not making a fuss about this  undecided undecided,like it means anything,if the state govt or school authorities decide to remain open or shut,how is that GEJ's problem,y'all should stop bitching and murmuring already,or is it just an avenue to vent accumulated personal frustration 

uumm. . . . . I am not certain if you have yourself been following at all, but this particular thread is not about all the other schools that are open, of which many have complained outright on OTHER THREADS and I believe some have informed us that the government has a task force out there to enforce the ordinance now. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by abasibles: 10:36am On Jan 19, 2011
people say what they dont surppose to say, to stop school 4 two weeks is 4 our own good b/c u dont know what people are planning to do during the voter's registration, God 4bid if any thing happen in that school, do u know weither ur chrildren are save?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Bukittes(f): 11:36am On Jan 19, 2011
I really dont understand why we keep posting threads like this. Must we always condemn our leaders for their actions and inactions? Is GEJ the school management board or what? Pls lets be very sensible when we talk about our leaders afterall they are just mere mortals like us so who says they are infallinble?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by solajacobs(m): 11:40am On Jan 19, 2011
PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:

I WAS ATTACKED FEW DAYS TO FASHOLA ELECTION AS A GOVERNOR.
AN HOLIDAY WAS ANNOUNCED BY OBASANJO GOVERNMENT THEN
BUT MY BOSS SAID THE ANNOUNCEMENT WAS OF NO EFFECT ON HIS COMPANY,
ON MY WAY FROM THE OFFICE ON THE SAID DAY, THUGS ATTACKED MANY PEOPLE
UNDER THE BRIDGE IN FRONT OF NATIONAL STADIUM AND I WAS UNLUCKY TO BE PART OF THEM.
I REGRET EVER GOING TO WORK ON THAT DAY.
CHECK THIS LINK FOR CONFIRMATION.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-50148.0.html
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by biilwwu(m): 12:21pm On Jan 19, 2011
The school is operating under American law in Nigeria land.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by ilawyer: 12:53pm On Jan 19, 2011
once again, not surprised, Is there hope in this country?
My grandad is almost 100 he says
''we never had light''
''we dont know whom to talk to''
''if we did they still wouldnt listen'',

*out*
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by alagha: 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2011
bi ilw wu:

The school is operating under American law in Nigeria land.
since when were you made the minister of justice? pls lets think about the safety of our kids & the country first.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! by Steadyangel(f): 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2011
obedient is beta dan sacrifice, dnt do because odas did, I'm surprise but it is not a new thing, d americans come 2 our land and USE us, we go 2 dere land dey also USE us, we ve never use dem 4 once, I wish I am d minister f Education,I wil punish dem because dey re not d only Gud sch n Nigeria, d students dere re bin taught 2 neglect d law, I dnt think is GEJ's fault is d faut of d minister f Edu. 4 not abiding by her rules n comments
B GUD NIGERIANS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Shuts Obat Oil’s Tank Farm OverN1.2b Subsidy Cash Diversion / Why Teenage Girls Become Suicide Bombers – Escapee / Make Kogi, Enugu, Anambra Oil Producing States - Reps Tell FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.