Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,237 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Prophet Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophet Jesus (1075 Views)

Have You Seen Prophet Jesus Pbuh ? / 1st Miracle Of Prophet Jesus Peace Be Upon Him / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet Jesus by feelgood(m): 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2007
This is to our muslim brethren: I observed from various threads in this board that you believe that Jesus, whom you regard as a great prophet, should be greatly respected, honoured and revered. But then I cant help but wonder why at the same time in many threads, you dishonour this same Jesus thru many barbs, mockings, etc. I dare say, it appears you are not bothered or troubled when the name of Jesus is blasphemed - even by the brothers (who seem to relish in this pasttime) - the way you would be if Mohammed was.
Or did the koran make a distinction between the prophets and made room for some allowances in behavior concerning any of them?
Just a question from an ignorant observer. Mukina et al, are you there?
Re: Prophet Jesus by TellyB(m): 8:11pm On Jun 10, 2007
feelgood:

Or did the koran make a distinction between the prophets and made room for some allowances in behavior concerning any of them?

Lol, @feelgood,

Muslims are known to be funny fellas sometimes. Do you know that Allah never called by the title often given him by adherents of his religion? Sample this:

Where in the Qur'an was Muhammad called "the Last and greatest prophet"?

I haven't seen a muslim who could provide a verse in The Qur'an for that. But that is what Muslims call him. No doubt the Qur'an makes the offer that there are NO DISTINCTIONS between all the prophets (Qur'an 3:84); but while this is paying lip service to the Qur'an, it is obvious that Muslims themselves actually distinguish between the prophets and also set Muhammad above others. By what criteria they do so is still a mystery! grin
Re: Prophet Jesus by redsun(m): 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2007
In the time of the pharoahs,they were gods to the ordinary person,the time of the romans the emperors were gods on earth but jesus broke it all,he made ordinary people begin to see their godlike nature by believing and trusting that they are.Jesus is an embodiment of change,of freedom and of independence,there is nothing sacred about it but just simple truth and common sense,thinking beyond existing imaginations not to be bounded by rules and regulations of another.
Re: Prophet Jesus by babs787(m): 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2007
@feelgood

This is to our muslim brethren: I observed from various threads in this board that you believe that Jesus, whom you regard as a great prophet, should be greatly respected, honoured and revered. But then I can't help but wonder why at the same time in many threads, you dishonour this same Jesus through many barbs, mockings, etc.

Thanks for the thread brother, you are just like goodguy, I wouldnt want this thread to develop into heated argument but will answer you in a respectable way you sent the post. Before we continue, let me have just one verse where I have dishonoured him and I will back it up with verses from both the Bible and the Quran. If we are to talk of those that have been insulting Jesus, christians should be held responsible for that. Now brother, grab the Quran, read Quran Chapter 3, Surah Imran and chapter 5, Surah Maidah. The two verses contain everything you may want to know about Jesus and when you are through brother, I will answer any question you want to ask me based on what you have read.

I dare say, it appears you are not bothered or troubled when the name of Jesus is blasphemed - even by the brothers (who seem to relish in this pasttime) - the way you would be if Muhammad was.

It is not that we are not bothered, but you can imagine a situation where someone is saying that Jesus is God, one of the triune etc and you expect me to defend that. Muslims will defend Jesus only if Christians accept him the way he should be accepted.

No brother, we believe in all prophets. Let me have the verses or posts where muslims have insulted him and I will back it up with verses from your bible.

Just a question from an ignorant observer. Mukina et al, are you there?

Babs is here
Re: Prophet Jesus by TayoD(m): 5:53pm On Jun 12, 2007
babs787,

Ekabo! Have you been on sabbatical? I thought you had gone to Mecca not to return like 'apostle' olabowale. grin grin

Babs is here
While you are here, kindly attend to this issue raised by Telly B -
1.  Where in the Qur'an was Muhammad called "the Last and greatest prophet"?

2.  I haven't seen a muslim who could provide a verse in The Qur'an for that. But that is what Muslims call him. No doubt the Qur'an makes the offer that there are NO DISTINCTIONS between all the prophets (Qur'an 3:84);

Please carry Go!!
Re: Prophet Jesus by barikade: 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2007
@babs787,

What do you personally understand by the claim in the Qur'an admonishing Muslims to believe in ALL the prophets? Which prophets, please? And how can you believe in them apart from their writings?
Re: Prophet Jesus by babs787(m): 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2007
@Tayo D

babs787,

Ekabo! Have you been on sabbatical? I thought you had gone to Mecca not to return like 'apostle' olabowale. Grin Grin

No way brother cheesy. I have not been around and I am still not around but you all will know when I am back.

Babs is here
While you are here, kindly attend to this issue raised by Telly B -

Okay sir grin You have changed the topic huh grin grin

1. Where in the Qur'an was Muhammad called "the Last and greatest prophet"?

Quran 5 v 19: O people of the scripture! Now has come to you our Messenger making things clear unto you, after a break in the series of Messengers, lest you say: 'there came unto us no bringer of glad tidings and no warner'. But now has come unto you a bringer of glad tidings and a warner. And Allah is Able to do all things

Quran 33 v 40: Muhammed is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Apostle of Allah and the last of the prophets and Allah is cognizant of all things.

2. I haven't seen a muslim who could provide a verse in The Qur'an for that. But that is what Muslims call him. No doubt the Qur'an makes the offer that there are NO DISTINCTIONS between all the prophets (Qur'an 3:84);

Brother, we Muslims make no distinction.We Muslims believe in all prophets and their books. The coming of the prophets is like a chain in which a prophet takes over from another. There is always a difference of many thousand years between one prophet and another. Every prophet before the last prophet were sent to their community. As a result of the years between the going and coming of another prophet, the community of the earlier prophet would have perished hence the coming of another prophet to another set of people.

I don't know what you may be thinking to be the distinction but I am telling you that, all the prophets came for their people alone except the last prophet (Muhammed) that came for the whole world. You have the stories of the prophets in the Quran to show you that we believe in them.

We believe in all the prophets likewise in their books because it is one of the articles of faith but can we say the revelations in existence are the same as those given to the prophets?

@Barikade

@babs787,

What do you personally understand by the claim in the Qur'an admonishing Muslims to believe in ALL the prophets? Which prophets, please? And how can you believe in them apart from their writings?

Same issue brother. My understanding of your post above is that it is one of the articles of faith to believe in the prophets and their books. You are not a muslim until you believe in the prophets and their books.

If I say the prophets, I mean those that came right from Adam, Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Jesus to the last prophet Muhammed (saw).
Re: Prophet Jesus by barikade: 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

Same issue brother. My understanding of your post above is that it is one of the articles of faith to believe in the prophets and their books. You are not a muslim until you believe in the prophets and their books.

That being the case, what books of the prophets do Muslims believe in? What are contained in those books? Can you categorically make a reference of some of the contents of those books besides the Qur'an?

babs787:

If I say the prophets, I mean those that came right from Adam, Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Jesus to the last prophet Muhammed (saw).

Even so, my questions above refer.

babs787:

Quran 5 v 19: O people of the scripture! Now has come to you our Messenger making things clear unto you, after a break in the series of Messengers, lest you say: 'there came unto us no bringer of glad tidings and no warner'. But now has come unto you a bringer of glad tidings and a warner. And Allah is Able to do all things

What break in series of Messengers can we deduce from this verse of the Qur'an?

babs787:

Quran 33 v 40: Muhammed is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Apostle of Allah and the last of the prophets and Allah is cognizant of all things.

That verse does not name Muhammad as the greatest prophet, as in Telly B's question. Do you have any verse in the Qur'an that so named Muhammad?

babs787:

Brother, we Muslims make no distinction.We Muslims believe in all prophets and their books. The coming of the prophets is like a chain in which a prophet takes over from another. There is always a difference of many thousand years between one prophet and another. Every prophet before the last prophet were sent to their community. As a result of the years between the going and coming of another prophet, the community of the earlier prophet would have perished hence the coming of another prophet to another set of people.

There are three things you have highlighted here that inform my questions now:

(a) since Muslims do not make distinctions between prophets, why then is Muhammad regarded with a distinction by Muslims who refer to him as the greatest prophet? That is precisely doing what you disavow?

(b) which of the prophets do Muslims actually believe in?

(c) are you as a Muslim willing to believe in the books of those prophets you name in answer to the above question?

babs787:

I don't know what you may be thinking to be the distinction but I am telling you that, all the prophets came for their people alone except the last prophet (Muhammed) that came for the whole world. You have the stories of the prophets in the Quran to show you that we believe in them.

If you can make such a claim for Muhammad, then isn't it true that Jesus Christ actually came for the redemption of the entire world?

babs787:

We believe in all the prophets likewise in their books because it is one of the articles of faith but can we say the revelations in existence are the same as those given to the prophets?

Who are those prophets; and what happened to those books of the prophets that Muslims are asked to believe in?
Re: Prophet Jesus by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2007
haven't you heard the Torah and Injil are missing?
Re: Prophet Jesus by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 13, 2007
babyosisi:

they are well hidden under the kaaba. You can read them if you face east.
Re: Prophet Jesus by nossycheek(f): 10:53am On Jun 13, 2007
babyosisi:

Are they the books of the prophets?
Re: Prophet Jesus by feelgood(m): 12:04pm On Jun 13, 2007
I note from ur response, dear babs, that u r aware of these barbs, etc about Jesus but you would want me to mention specific instances to enable you JUSTIFY your actions. But why shd you seek to justify attacks on Jesus but will IMMEDIATELY react to show ur disapproval if same is said of Mohammed. Is this not a tacit endorsement that Mohammed is more revered despite your protestations to the contrary? To put it more succintly, whenever Jesus is being denigraded, why dont the muslim brethren show their immediate disapproval the way they would if it were Mohammed? Or does Jesus not merit your equal defence?
Re: Prophet Jesus by barikade: 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2007
feelgood:

but you would want me to mention specific instances to enable you JUSTIFY your actions.

You have just encapsulated my concerns about babs' responses in such manners.
Re: Prophet Jesus by nossycheek(f): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2007
bari_kade:

You have just encapsulated my concerns about babs' responses in such manners.

Yes they will say that Jesus had sex with Mary Magdalene, was GAY etc but when one said that MO could have taken one of the beauty peagents for a wife where he to be alive, they will go on rampage, maiming and killing Christians for such little things

(1) (Reply)

Poem Of The End / Pastor Chris To Storm Abuja December 11-15 At National Stadium / Is It Right For A Christian To Date Or Marry A Non-christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.