Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience (435 Views)

My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) / My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? / Ghanaian Pastor Caught In Hotel Room Trying To Sleep With Church Elder's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by ikorodureporta: 3:47am On May 24, 2020
After a few months of shutting down of religious places of worship due to coronavirus, some of us can now see & differentiate between what is "necessary " & "what isn't" in life....

To my brethren who made churches their homes; who can't do without going for confession on a weekly basis; who feel blessings is all about monetary tithings & offerings; who can't pray alone except by their pastor,....etc... How are you coping??

I don't see about 30% of people returning to churches after covid

Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by Friendlyjoe: 3:48am On May 24, 2020
I guess we are still good. Hope you are not tryna mock anyone tho
Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On May 24, 2020
In Nigeria? Let's hope you are right. grin
Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by ValCon888: 4:24am On May 24, 2020
There's a reason why religion is called "the opium of the masses." And that's because opium is an addiction.
Watch and see how they will return in full force.

In fact, it will look like the coronavirus never happened when the choirs start rhyming "Covid" with "David".

1 Like

Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by Ugwueme1(m): 4:24am On May 24, 2020
We nigeria are too religious i don see that hapening.couple with many lives challenges that push people to seeking solutions in the church.
pls
help Save a life! I have spinal
injure now suffering
paralysis and limited
and use.see my
signature for video
evidence and full story
Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by libertyfather(m): 4:41am On May 24, 2020
Op forget 30% not returning, you will rather see 30% more for testimony blah blah....watch and see

1 Like

Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by pafra(m): 5:27am On May 24, 2020
The church of God will March on, the gate of hell shall not prevail against the church.

Op the plan of the enemy will not prevail. Is 2:2-3 and Micah 4:1—2 prophetically shall be fulfilled before your eyes

2In the last days, the mountain of the Lord’s house will be the highest of all— the most important place on earth. It will be raised above the other hills, and people from all over the world will stream there to worship.

3People from many nations will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of Jacob’s God. There he will teach us his ways, and we will walk in his paths.” For the Lord’s teaching will go out from Zion; his word will go out from Jerusalem.

God have a joker for you. He can never be mock.

1 Like

Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by Bluezy13(m): 5:38am On May 24, 2020
ikorodureporta:
After a few months of shutting down of religious places of worship due to coronavirus, some of us can now see & differentiate between what is "necessary " & "what isn't" in life....

To my brethren who made churches their homes; who can't do without going for confession on a weekly basis; who feel blessings is all about monetary tithings & offerings; who can't pray alone except by their pastor,....etc... How are you coping??

I don't see more than 30% of people returning to churches after covid

Same thing I told my religious neighbor.
Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by Bluezy13(m): 5:39am On May 24, 2020
Friendlyjoe:
I guess we are still good. Hope you are not tryna mock anyone tho

He is stating the obvious.
Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by BlowYourMind: 6:36am On May 24, 2020
ikorodureporta:

I don't see more than 30% of people returning to churches after covid
That is your own opinion, most times people criticism are bore out of jealousy and disdain for people who seems higher, this is one of those criticism

1 Like

Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by desiredhome: 6:45am On May 24, 2020
Only if they are going to the church for the right reason........ what is the essence of your going church when there is no difference between you and the unbeliever(none church goer)

Some are even more wicked and unforgiving than the unbelievers...........
Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by JourneytoEL(f): 7:12am On May 24, 2020
The same reason why you need an A.C or fan even though there is breeze is the same reason why true christians love congregating with others in the church or fellowship. If after this lockdown you no longer have the zeal for your church, i will advise you to change church. Remember, the wolf always attacks the lone sheep. Church was instituted by Jesus himself (matt 16:18), any spirit that tells you not to attend one is definitely from God. He Holyspirit can only direct you to change not stop completely.
Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by desiredhome: 7:13am On May 24, 2020
BlowYourMind:
That is your own opinion, most times people criticism are bore out of jealousy and disdain for people who seems higher, this is one of those criticism

Criticism is bore out of jealousy? I think the only thing to envy/jelous in a true Christian is the passion for Christ........ envying someone because of material things is covetousness and it's sin, this is what the devil is using to destroy a lot people...
Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by Kobojunkie: 7:18am On May 24, 2020
JourneytoEL:
The same reason why you need an A.C or fan even though there is breeze is the same reason why true christians love congregating with others in the church or fellowship. If after this lockdown you no longer have the zeal for your church, i will advise you to change church. Remember, the wolf always attacks the lone sheep. Church was instituted by Jesus himself (matt 16:18), any spirit that tells you not to attend one is definitely from God. He Holyspirit can only direct you to change not stop completely.
No it doesn't need to do that when it can get as many sheep as it wants to by invading the folding to gorge itself on the flock. [/b]

Matthew 7 vs 15-19
15. Be careful of false prophets. They come to you and look gentle like sheep. But they are really dangerous like wolves.
16. You will know these people because of what they do. Good things don’t come from people who are bad, just as grapes don’t come from thornbushes, and figs don’t come from thorny weeds.
17. In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, and bad trees produce bad fruit.
18. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit.
19. Every tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 You will know these false people by what they do.[a]
By extension, lone sheep are relatively safer than the sheeps gathered together in foldings. grin

Christ did not institute what you call Church today... the Catholic Church is the mother of the church you have today. Read up on your history to be sure where what you have comes from. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by JourneytoEL(f): 7:59am On May 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:

No it doesn't need to do that when it can get as many sheep as it wants to by invading the folding to gorge itself on the flock. [/b]

[b]By extension, lone sheep are relatively safer than the sheeps gathered together in foldings. grin

[/b]Christ did not institute what you call Church today... the Catholic Church is the mother of the church you have today. Read up on your history to be sure where what you have comes from. undecided undecided undecided
Yes na, the sheep in the flock get attacked every time by the devil, but he does not bother with the lone sheep because he has gotten him already. Or don't you know that the devil does not attack his own?
Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by gasparpisciotta: 8:09am On May 24, 2020
If social distancing rules continue, then we should not expect the churches to be flooded as usual. But once the rules are relaxed then expect mass trooping back to church.
Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by ikorodureporta: 9:56am On May 24, 2020
We're d church

I got to church mostly bcoz of information update
Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On May 24, 2020
ikorodureporta:
We're d church.I got to church mostly bcoz of information update
I go to any church/mosque/social gathering if I here there is free food and/or giveaways! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christianity With Church Vs Without Church: Covid-19 Experience by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 24, 2020
Jesus' church is still working for him with zeal!

He asked us to go out there, PREACH, TEACH and BAPTIZE those who accepted the FAITH! Matthew 28:19-20

Satan distrupted the program during the second century and a counterfeit form of Christianity reigned for almost 1800 years.
Until 1919 when we resume the work again preaching and teaching from house to house, last year marks 100 year that we've been zealously and industriously working for our Master, Lord and King.
So from 1919 ~ 2019 then Covid19 came as a break globally. We only stopped knocking on the doors of strangers but our friends who had been studying with us are asking "what stops us from getting baptized?" Act 8:36
So just like the Ethiopian Eunuch we are baptizing them without crowd of eyewitnesses! smiley

(1) (Reply)

The 4 Types Of Christians I Know(opinion) / The WORD Of GOD; The Most Potent Weapon For Humanity in these Endtimes / To Those Who Sincerely Think The Current Pandemic Is Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.